Boss Blitz Bonanza

I don't care much about the Bonanza and haven't seen much buzz about it ingame so far. I will do the dailies and be done with it.

The rewards offered aren't really compelling.On the other hand, if they were, players might actually zerg the content for this weekend, wich would end in so much qq i can hardly imagine. The boss blitz has been happening for more than two weeks now and players still don't get it. No one splits up but is still angry that getting gold is so hard. Players afk in the center instead of helping out. Players don't get that remaining bosses inherit attacks of downed bosses. I don't know what the problem is or how it could be solved. I commanded/taxi'd some maps this season, tried to tell ppl about the event and I got flamed for telling ppl how to play the game, then, when we got a good silver ppl cried for not getting gold. Ppl don't listen to mapchat or don't know how to read and at that point, how should even ANet inform ppl on how to clear content? Informations in the UI(top right, infos on current metas or whatever) get ignored for years, any information plastered across the screen is considered screen clutter and basically any content that requires a player to press more than the AA chain and maybe even dodge is considered hard and elitist and harboring the end of the game.

I doubt such an event will adress any of the issues mentioned above and I doubt that many players will know more about the boss blitz after this weekend.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure they did this last time as well (could be miss remembering but don't believe so). The loot to time ratio just isn't that great and people still don't understand on most maps even when telling them in chat to not go zerg another boss when they finish with their's they still do so, so it slows the event farther. I could see doing a few more to get some tokens if there's maps running it for decoration bridges I want for my guild hall but besides that I don't think I'll 'farm' it or anything.

If people don't like the rewards of the pavilion they shouldn't have asked so many times to bring the pavilion back.Like I seen people ask for old content to be brought back and when we get it they complain lol.

But from what I see I doubt we will get the 5k kills, even if we get I don't expect the reward to be good ( maybe 1 booster + 10 zephy box for each player lol)

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:Without a visible bar showing progress towards this 5k goal it's a bit meaningless and also misleading.5k boss kills means 834 successful boss blitz events, or about 11.6 BBs per hour for the 72 hours that the event will last.The rewards are insulting too.

You can't say the rewards are insulting when none of them have any numbers attached to them... In either way it's free stuff for little effort. Groups that can get Gold BBs can get like 5 of them in a single hour. You can start the next one before the race is even finished btw. I think you guys underestimate how many maps there are

I haven't seen a single gold event this year.

I have seen a few, and the real reward is the time saved. The chest rewards of getting gold vs getting bronze is pitiful. I still try to go gold as much as possible because the event gets done faster.

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:If people don't like the rewards of the pavilion they shouldn't have asked so many times to bring the pavilion back.Like I seen people ask for old content to be brought back and when we get it they complain lol.

But from what I see I doubt we will get the 5k kills, even if we get I don't expect the reward to be good ( maybe 1 booster + 10 zephy box for each player lol)

See, once upon a time we had the chance to get these items from killing the arena bosses with gambits turned on and they where worth the time put in. On top of that there where events that spawned in the lower arena where the bosses spawn as well, making the over all event much more rewarding for players. But anet removed those for this event.

I HOPE they bring them back next year, cause otherwise ill just finish off getting the weapons and get the AP from next years event and just not waste my time. It is however, to little to late for this years event to do any changes to it.

would like to request for a progress counter...

would also like to suggest that, in addition to making the tokens storage-able for future iterations, make them like the slivers, so that u can double click the stack to convert 100 pcs to 1 big token which is also storage-able (i didnt want to start a new topic for this, don't think there's any current thread to post this in)

@zealex.9410 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I believe you misunderstood the OP's point. From my understanding, it's about crazy scaling rather than the inability to play properly. Meaning: a gold run of the BB is more likely to succeed with 6 raid squads doing it orderly (i.e., 10 ppl per squad with everyone waiting to kill at the same time) than with tons of people (including randoms) stacking in uneven numbers at some of the bosses, thus making a timely and synchronized kill impossible due to uneven scaling.

Thats the inability of players to do the content properly. Poor rewards might be the cause of that

It is not. If the map allows more players than 6 10-ppl-squads, then what I discribed is an inevitable result due to bad scaling.

Anyway, we will see how it goes soon. ;)

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:I take back what I said.

5 Celebration Boosters and

TEN ZEPHYRITE SUPPLY BOXES

The boosters are neat, I guess. But the boxes? Faith = destroyed

Its the yellow ones right? the rare supply boxes?

I REALLY hope that is the case. It would actually be worth it. Those are called "Zephyrite Curio Boxes" though, so the wording indicates it's just the basic ones.

But hey, it's a free 2g in lootboxes! With Quartz and useless Tokens inside :)

@Pifil.5193 said:

Wow, ArenaNet, you're really redefining "underwhelming" there.

What are you talking about? This is a wonderful reward. Not everyone can afford 10 boxes from the npc, and this event will help them achieve that goal.

@Cynn.1659 said:

Wow, ArenaNet, you're really redefining "underwhelming" there.

What are you talking about? This is a wonderful reward. Not everyone can afford 10 boxes from the npc, and this event will help them achieve that goal.

I know it's a joke, but I really like the idea of people too cheap to spend 2 gold on ectos to buy 10 boxes

This is going to fail because of one simple reason:

There's no in-game indication of any kid about this going on.No progress bar, no timer for the duration of the event, no in-game message, no in-game mail... NOTHING.As far as most players is concerned, this isn't happening at all, as most players won't check the website, and word-of-mouth is not enough to inform enough players about it.

It will only fail, frustrating those who tried hard to do it.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:This is going to fail because of one simple reason:

There's no in-game indication of this going on of any kid.No progress bar, no timer for the duration of the event, no in-game message, no in-game mail... NOTHING.As far as most players is concerned, this isn't happening at all, as most players won't check the website, and word-of-mouth is not enough to inform enough players about it.

It will only fail, frustrating those who tried hard to do it.

Well I am convinced we are going to make it. Because:

1. it's not hard to kill 5.000 bosses
  2. people in my guild are talking about it
  3. lots of lfg going on atm

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Gold Blitz is 8 minutes or less. The pre-race takes 2 minutes and the race itself lasts 5, which means, at a rough minimum, 15 minutes per successful Blitz (Gold can happen more quickly, but then there's also a potential delay for the organization phase). That's 4 BB per hour, so 5000 successes means 1250 hours or 52 days worth of Blitz.

To reach 5000 during the 72 hour period means 70 successes per hour or 35 each hour in the EU and NA both. At four per hour, that's roughly 8 instances running successful Blitzes during each hour of availability.

On the one hand, that sounds highly improbable based on what I've seen in LFG during prime time NA. On the other, I don't think there's much chance ANet would put the bar so far out of reach, so I
believe
want to believe that they have hard numbers of how many successful BB there have been the past two weeks and that 5k isn't a crazy goal. In addition, it's clear that a lot of people still aren't aware of what it takes to speed up the fight to get gold.

It actually says bosses killed rather than blitzes completed so you only need 833.3 blitzes.

I stopped caring about the event after I realized I misread the rewards. I thought it was a Celebratory Dye Pack rather than Celebration Boosters.

Yeah, this could be one of those things that they end up regretting, if the entire player base doesn't complete 833.3 blitzes in 72 hours it's a pretty bad indication of player participation. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that this number will be easily reached though.

The rewards for the boss blitz are pretty poor if you don't consistently get gold, giving away Celebration Boosters and Zephyrite Supply Boxes isn't exactly spicing things up.

The rewards are poor but I think that is also fine. 10 zephyrite supply boxes means very little to me and I would only use those boosters for opening unid gear and the login rewards are more than enough to keep up for that. However that is probably not true for most people.

Hopefully by avoiding the "crazy loot pinata" situation(or a repeat of the ancient karka event ...) they could maybe try doing these sort of events more often. The main goal for these sort of things should be providing friends/guilds an excuse to get together and do stuff. Which would be good for the game in the long run. The game already has farming perfectly fine farming things for core/HoT/PoF.

Archived