Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

https://massivelyop.com/2018/08/30/arenanet-partners-with-bubble-tea-vendor-on-a-guild-wars-2-themed-drink-and-theres-free-stuff-in-it-for-you/So according to this, players will have to “[...] link their Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook accounts through the Kung Fu Tea mobile app [to] claim unique in-game codes [...]".Great. So loyal players who are not using any of these 3 social media providers are excluded. Not cool Arena.net, not cool.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Nash.2681" said:https://massivelyop.com/2018/08/30/arenanet-partners-with-bubble-tea-vendor-on-a-guild-wars-2-themed-drink-and-theres-free-stuff-in-it-for-you/So according to this, players will have to “[...] link their Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook accounts through the Kung Fu Tea mobile app [to] claim unique in-game codes [...]".Great. So loyal players who are not using any of these 3 social media providers are excluded. Not cool Arena.net, not cool.

Or anyone who doesn't have a smartphone. And yes, that does happen, I only got my first one a couple of years ago.

It's better than when it seemed like the promotion was only open to people in certain parts of the USA, but still not available to everyone who plays GW2.

As long as it's not a new outfit I don't really mind that, because if anyone really wants it they'll have other options to get it. But if it is new then I hope they'll make it available in other ways in future for those who couldn't join in with this promotion.

@"Nash.2681" said:https://massivelyop.com/2018/08/30/arenanet-partners-with-bubble-tea-vendor-on-a-guild-wars-2-themed-drink-and-theres-free-stuff-in-it-for-you/So according to this, players will have to “[...] link their Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook accounts through the Kung Fu Tea mobile app [to] claim unique in-game codes [...]".Great. So loyal players who are not using any of these 3 social media providers are excluded. Not cool Arena.net, not cool.

You could just create an account and delete it again for this purpose.I would have been annoyed as well if it was locked with buying something that isn’t available from where I‘m from luckily everyone with a phone has access to this.Then again anet has always done promotions like this. I always wanted to get the tshirt outfit but I couldn’t because the codes were locked behind some promotion purposes but that’s a part of it and eventually I‘m gonna be lucky someday and get a code for this somehow.

Hi Anet,

I have seen from 1st September you are doing a promotion thing with Kung Fu tea to allow us to earn in game reward by linking the Tea app with our social media account.

As far as I am aware the Kung Fu shops are limited to the US and a few other area's

So my question is - as a dedicated "Brit"player will this be available to me too?

ThanksEmz :)

https://massivelyop.com/2018/08/30/arenanet-partners-with-bubble-tea-vendor-on-a-guild-wars-2-themed-drink-and-theres-free-stuff-in-it-for-you/

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Oh, it's boba (tea/fruit drinks). We have that everywhere here (except it's called boba, not 'bubble'). I like it well enough, though not enough to go out of my way to get it.It seems amazing they are giving away Core (Heroic) copies of the game just for this. I thought it was just a code for the goodies that come with the old Heroic upgrade. Hope we don't get a rash of RMT spam. Also hope we get more information soon.

Missed opportunities all around.

@Talindra.4958 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:This begs the question: why rebrand an existing drink? What about...

tea

!
YsEWvov.jpg

Choya-inspired boba (could be made with cactus or dyed green)

!
vNwN1IK.jpg

Cakeatorrik:

!
Dfqq1LM.jpg

Crystalatorrik Boba

!
73jLfm9.jpg

woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the cakey is yuuuuumyyyy ……….. /die

Someone posted a theory about how the Crystal Dragon's weakness could be the crystals itself.......... we may have just discovered a way to eat.... I mean Beat it!!!

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:This begs the question: why rebrand an existing drink? What about...

tea

!
YsEWvov.jpg

!
vNwN1IK.jpg

Cakeatorrik:

!
Dfqq1LM.jpg

Crystalatorrik Boba

!
73jLfm9.jpg

woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the cakey is yuuuuumyyyy ……….. /die

Someone posted a theory about how the Crystal Dragon's weakness could be the crystals itself.......... we may have just discovered a way to eat.... I mean Beat it!!!

And we just so happen to have a little dragon friend whose specialty seems to be eating things. Coincidence?

According to the promo you can do it online and Dulfy actually posted info. Anyone can do it, I've never even heard of that company. But just doing the link with your account gets you the outfit, bag, and boosters. Looks legit to me, if there are country restrictions that has to do with trade agreements and Anet isn't in control of that.

@Talindra.4958 said:

tea

!
YsEWvov.jpg

!
vNwN1IK.jpg

Cakeatorrik:

!
Dfqq1LM.jpg

Crystalatorrik Boba

!
73jLfm9.jpg

I'm actually disappointed to find out from Google that amethyst cake is an actual gem stone and not a cake. I got all excited thinking about how they could have pulled it off (I'm thinking jelly...jello in America, or maybe sugar crystals for a smaller cake) and then I find they didn't, they just cut a square slab of rock. Considering branded plants tend to be poisonous (or venomous since I'm sure some will attack) I'm not sure I'd want to eat a branded cake, but it would look pretty.

I agree though, an original product would be more interesting. My vote would be a dragonfruit smoothie. I've never seen it sold but I've made them at home and they're really nice. Not sure about tea, although I can imagine dragonfruit and green tea working well, maybe chilled rather than hot.

oh the cake is not real... ok hahaha..

wait second..... I just subscribed to this kungfu tea thing.... the address isKung Fu Tea589 8th Ave, 17th FlNew York, NY 10018

I am in Australia? hahahahaha!!!!! by the time they ship the bubble tea here... maybe theres some mutated species or creatures can be found in there .. ? hah

ok none game related.. I personally love tea.....and bubble tea if you get the taro flavor with some mix of jelly and bubbles (tapioca pearl) its very yummy heheand btw. pearl tea or called bubble tea originated from Taiwan .. Taiwanese delicacy

Then you should be looking at the Australian store location instead https://www.kungfutea.com/aus/locations/

Only one and in Melbourne.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Choya-inspired boba (could be made with cactus or dyed green)

!
vNwN1IK.jpg

Cactus pear would probably taste better.

https://www.specialtyproduce.com/sppics/2003.pnghttps://www.specialtyproduce.com/sppics/326.pnghttp://www.johnvenaproduce.com/OCM/imageuploads/CP8%20(2).jpghttps://secondchancehomestead.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/prickly-pear-cactus.jpg

Also probably the inspiration for choyas' design.

@Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 said:According to the promo you can do it online and Dulfy actually posted info. Anyone can do it, I've never even heard of that company. But just doing the link with your account gets you the outfit, bag, and boosters. Looks legit to me, if there are country restrictions that has to do with trade agreements and Anet isn't in control of that.

Anyone who has such social media accounts. I don't have them and I don't live in the US. Sure, I could create trash accounts but I guess this is not how it should be. Promotions which could exclude a big number of customers are never a good thing. Some maybe don't want to link their accounts to a company they never heard of and they never will buy any product of becuase it's not even in their country. Like others said in this discussion: A company with more reach and international presence, for well, an international product (and that's what Guild Wars 2 is as you can play it from nearly all over the world), would a have been a better choice.

@Schnuschnu.9857 said:

@Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921 said:According to the promo you can do it online and Dulfy actually posted info. Anyone can do it, I've never even heard of that company. But just doing the link with your account gets you the outfit, bag, and boosters. Looks legit to me, if there are country restrictions that has to do with trade agreements and Anet isn't in control of that.

Anyone who has such social media accounts. I don't have them and I don't live in the US. Sure, I could create trash accounts but I guess this is not how it should be. Promotions which could exclude a big number of customers are never a good thing. Some maybe don't want to link their accounts to a company they never heard of and they never will buy any product of becuase it's not even in their country. Like others said in this discussion: A company with more reach and international presence, for well, an international product (and that's what Guild Wars 2 is as you can play it from nearly all over the world), would a have been a better choice.

I think its the style of the promotion thats flawed...... too many steps to get the treat at the end, and theres no attempt to have any secondary benefits to the actions to cover up the real intent. As a user I don't benefit from these actions, and thus have every incentive to cheese the system for personal gain. Especially when, on the surface, this basically looks like they're trying to build an advertising botnet.... well.... more then already inherent in social media.

It being a localized only seems to matter, because the reward offered is big enough for everyone to want it. If it was just an exclusive mini, would we even be having this conversation? Ii would wager it would be about how the rewards are trash, and should be better.... seems to be the trend with this community. :trollface:

As a side note....... would you be less suspicious if it was a larger corporation that probably already has a track record of abusing social media and/or information harvesting, and given far less in return?

@Umire.4596 said:Not really not everyone will be able to get free stuff because this company is in only a few places.Large cities.Closest one to me is 4 hours away.

College Station, Texas is not a very large city. It is a sprawling college town and, to my joy, we have one! Not only do we have one, it is about a mile from my house. I downloaded the app, and, while the drinks looked like something I would drink, there were no prices listed on the app...yikes.

I googled the company and the prices were not as bad as I had feared.

So, tomorrow, I am going to sally forth and visit this place...sheesh...only a mile or so from the house and I have not been there.

Lisa-needs to broaden her horizons

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:

@"Umire.4596" said:Not really not everyone will be able to get free stuff because this company is in only a few places.Large cities.Closest one to me is 4 hours away.

College Station, Texas is not a very large city. It is a sprawling college town and, to my joy, we have one! Not only do we have one, it is about a mile from my house. I downloaded the app, and, while the drinks looked like something I would drink, there were no prices listed on the app...yikes.

I googled the company and the prices were not as bad as I had feared.

So, tomorrow, I am going to sally forth and visit this place...sheesh...only a mile or so from the house and I have not been there.

Lisa-needs to broaden her horizons

I'm so jealous! This is probably the only bubble tea chain in existence that isn't even remotely close to me. I can think of at least five in my town right off the top of my head, but not Kung Fu :p The closest two locations are "coming soon" and about a two hour drive at minimum.

Let me know how it is, because this is exactly the kind of promotional thingie I love to death =)

Anet, can you do a promo with Quickly sometime soon? A lot of us Norcal folks would be happy.

@"chemie banger.9624" said:

Then you should be looking at the Australian store location instead

Only one and in Melbourne.

Over 2,700km to fly :-SI linked my account but can't see any gw2 reward.

It doesn't start for a few more days. September 4 iirc? Check the promo information for the exact date.

@Schnuschnu.9857 said:

@"Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921" said:According to the promo you can do it online and Dulfy actually posted info. Anyone can do it, I've never even heard of that company. But just doing the link with your account gets you the outfit, bag, and boosters. Looks legit to me, if there are country restrictions that has to do with trade agreements and Anet isn't in control of that.

Any promotion, "could exclude a big number of customers."

Does that mean that companies should never have promotions?

So, I decided to give the app a look. And according to the Kung Fu Tea blog:

DOWNLOAD THE KUNG FU TEA APPHEAD OVER TO THE SOCIAL REWARDS SECTIONCLICK “FREE Guild Wars 2 Rewards!"FOLLOW THE STEPS TO CLAIM YOUR REWARD!Problem is, Step 3 doesn't exist! We're gettin' scammed, yo.(Maybe that's harsh, but if your promotion starts on Sept 1, 12AM, then your infrastructure, the app, needs to be live at midnight. I'll check again in the morning.)

@"Rauderi.8706" said:So, I decided to give the app a look. And according to the Kung Fu Tea blog:

DOWNLOAD THE KUNG FU TEA APPHEAD OVER TO THE SOCIAL REWARDS SECTIONCLICK “FREE Guild Wars 2 Rewards!"FOLLOW THE STEPS TO CLAIM YOUR REWARD!Problem is,
Step 3 doesn't exist!
We're gettin' scammed, yo.(Maybe that's harsh, but if your promotion starts on Sept 1, 12AM, then your infrastructure, the app, needs to be live at midnight. I'll check again in the morning.)

were did it state it would go live at 12am?I would think it will go live when patches usualy hit so bettwen 7h and 20mins to 10 hours from now

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Rauderi.8706" said:So, I decided to give the app a look. And according to the Kung Fu Tea blog:

DOWNLOAD THE KUNG FU TEA APPHEAD OVER TO THE SOCIAL REWARDS SECTIONCLICK “FREE Guild Wars 2 Rewards!"FOLLOW THE STEPS TO CLAIM YOUR REWARD!Problem is,
Step 3 doesn't exist!
We're gettin' scammed, yo.(Maybe that's harsh, but if your promotion starts on Sept 1, 12AM, then your infrastructure, the app, needs to be live at midnight. I'll check again in the morning.)

were did it state it would go live at 12am?I would think it will go live when patches usualy hit so bettwen 7h and 20mins to 10 hours from now

On the company’s website that is offering the promo...

“SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS SEPTEMBER 1ST 2018 12:00AM EST AND ENDS SEPTEMBER 30TH, 2018 11:00 PM EST.”

https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

So, the ingame codes should be live when the entire promo starts.

Archived