Balance Update: 2 October 2018

Gaile Gray.6029

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:‘Allo Fellow Tyrians,

We wanted to let you know that next Tuesday the Systems team will be releasing a smaller balance update. This update is coming out a bit earlier than we normally release a balance pass – consider it a little bonus! The release is focused around updating some weapon traits to make them more broadly usable and splitting some skills between game modes.

Cheers,

The ArenaNet Systems Team

If you read it carefully it says "updating some weapon traits to make them usable" , they are going to Change "Silent scope" on Dead eye. That is a given.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

We wanted to let you know that next Tuesday the Systems team will be releasing a smaller balance update. This update is coming out a bit earlier than we normally release a balance pass – consider it a little bonus! The release is focused around updating some weapon traits to make them more broadly usable and splitting some skills between game modes.

Cheers,

If you read it carefully it says "updating some weapon traits to make them usable" , they are going to Change "Silent scope" on Dead eye. That is a given.

Actually, if you read carefully it says "updating some weapon traits to make them more broadly usable". That's a significant difference in meaning. More broadly would mean that some bonuses that are linked to weapon traits will apply to any weapon you wield or more weapon types you can wield or that weapon traits that only have an effect in certain situations can no be used or triggered in more situations.

Since I'm not familiar with Dead eye, I cannot comment on what that could mean for Silent Scope.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Cheers,

Actually, if you read carefully it says "updating some weapon traits to make them more broadly usable". That's a significant difference in meaning. More broadly would mean that some bonuses that are linked to weapon traits will apply to any weapon you wield or more weapon types you can wield or that weapon traits that only have an effect in certain situations can no be used or triggered in more situations.

Since I'm not familiar with Dead eye, I cannot comment on what that could mean for Silent Scope.

What ? I'm only talking about Silent scope... not in general what the change means.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

Cheers,

What ? I'm only talking about Silent scope... not in general what the change means.

Well you can't ignore the "more broadly" just because you're talking about one skill in particular. To make that skill usable more broadly it would mean that you could use it with other weapon types and not just the rifle. Is that what you're expecting?

@Gehenna.3625 said:

Cheers,

Well you can't ignore the "more broadly" just because you're talking about one skill in particular. To make that skill usable more broadly it would mean that you could use it with other weapon types and not just the rifle. Is that what you're expecting?

I'm expecting them to allow us to use any weapon regardless of elite xD so a core warrior could wield dagger. Thats what i REALLY want. Every balance patch has been a disappointment so i'm not getting my hopes up. They either buff condi or make another class FLAVOR of the MONTH where people will abuse broken builds for long periods of time, I.E condi Trap thief , Support Druid etc.. (BACK WHEN THEY WERE OP WHEN HoT FIRST CAME OUT).

My top 8 for weapons in no particular order

1) Herald shield - remove root from skill 5 and make both 4 and 5 heal for more OR do a bit of damage/cc

2) Revenant staff - faster cast for skills 2 & 4 and, skill 4 now removes 2 conditions, slight damage tune up

3) Revenant hammer - split COR nerf for game modes (Un-nerf pvp version) and slightly reduce cast time on hammer 5

4) Renegade short bow - reduce skill 2 cast time, reverse 7 shot from starting wide and focusing inward to starting tight and fanning out. Add 7 second aegis.

5) Engineer MH pistol - improve damage coefficients and reduce cast time on skill 2

6) Necro dagger MH and OH - idk I just know it sucks outside a few scenarios in pve

7) rev sword - fix all of the annoying glitches on skill 3 and reduce cast time on skill 5 to 1/4

8) scrapper hammer - improve damage coefficients by a lot, reduce casting time on skill 3

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:

Cheers,

I'm expecting them to allow us to use any weapon regardless of elite xD so a core warrior could wield dagger. Thats what i REALLY want. Every balance patch has been a disappointment so i'm not getting my hopes up. They either buff condi or make another class FLAVOR of the MONTH where people will abuse broken builds for long periods of time, I.E condi Trap thief , Support Druid etc.. (BACK WHEN THEY WERE OP WHEN HoT FIRST CAME OUT).

Well removing the restriction for that skill for rifles only would fit that bill of being more broadly usable. Of course I'm not sure if it fits the concept of the deadeye which is basically a sniper but we'll see tomorrow I guess :)

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:My top 8 for weapons in no particular order

1) Herald shield - remove root from skill 5 and make both 4 and 5 heal for more OR do a bit of damage/cc

2) Revenant staff - faster cast for skills 2 & 4 and, skill 4 now removes 2 conditions, slight damage tune up

3) Revenant hammer - split COR nerf for game modes (Un-nerf pvp version) and slightly reduce cast time on hammer 5

4) Renegade short bow - reduce skill 2 cast time, reverse 7 shot from starting wide and focusing inward to starting tight and fanning out. Add 7 second aegis.

5) Engineer MH pistol - improve damage coefficients and reduce cast time on skill 2

6) Necro dagger MH and OH - idk I just know it sucks outside a few scenarios in pve

7) rev sword - fix all of the annoying glitches on skill 3 and reduce cast time on skill 5 to 1/4

8) scrapper hammer - improve damage coefficients by a lot, reduce casting time on skill 3

I agree with those Revenant staff changes. I think the revenant staff should have same cast time as True nature ability and possible share the same animation.

@Jski.6180 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Revenants deals too low damage to need nerfs.

Well Herald is a support set up elite spec. but most ppl are running it as a dps your never going to see a reverent over a herald because of this. So yes revenants dmg is low but Herald dmg is too high.

Herald is not a support elite. It was not before the remake and it is not after. It provides boons to allies. But might, fury, reg, swiftness and protection are not unique boons by any stretch. They are also not exclusive to Herald by any means. And the F2 is not that effective to be considered support. Effects are too weak and cost is way too high. Honestly, herald is self Sustain more than anything else.

If Anet thinks that Herald should be a should be a support, major remake is required. Unless you can do a 25 group might, 100% uptime on quickness or 100% uptime on alacrity, your support ain’t worth shit.

There hasn't been any mention of gear here, but IMO

• sigil of concentration (= 495 concentration) ,
  • the 10% condition duration on the second tier of rune of the trapper (=150 expertise) if trying to balance PvE, and
  • durability runes (20% boon duration maybe should only be on defensive boons such as protection/regen only)
  • platinum doubloons when used in trinkets (40 concentration each) and lower tier doubloons as a corresponding proportional change

All ought to be looked at.

With leadership runes you lose at least 75 toughness/vitality stats versus durability and it is kept in check by divinity + traveler's + revenant runes although a reduction from 30% boon duration could also be warranted.

For reference:Force = flat 5%Accuracy = 7% x 21 = 147 precisionMalice = flat 6% condi damage

If you look at the "on kill" sigils which require 25 kills in PvE or 5 kills in WvW for example:Bloodlust , Life , Corruption , cruelty, perception = 250 power / healing power / condition damage / ferocity / precision respectivelyBounty = 9 x 25 = 225 concentrationBenevolence = 12% healing , a bit more than transference's 10%

@"Infusion.7149" said:There hasn't been any mention of gear here, but IMO

• the 10% condition duration on the second tier of rune of the trapper (=150 expertise) if trying to balance PvE, and
  • durability runes (20% boon duration maybe should only be on defensive boons such as protection/regen only)
  • platinum doubloons when used in trinkets (40 concentration each) and lower tier doubloons as a corresponding proportional change

All ought to be looked at.Theyve been that way for a long while

Durability rune on top of 20% boon duration offers 30 more stat points than others.It would kinda suck for rune of the trapper to lose its 2 tier benefit because its used in conjunction with rune of the nightmare which requires dungeon currency and is a little time consuming to get.*Sigil of concentration is an anomaly in the total equivalent stat points it provides but its also hard to craft and is expensive. If they watered it down they could also find some way to make it cheaper to craft. Scribe as a craft is also expensive to level up.

• platinum doubloons. I just dont like how you need them to craft the "bountiful" util effects considering how pricey they are.

Those on kill sigils are almost all universally worse than the always on counterpart. Takes a long time to get and they are easy to lose even if they provide slight benefit versus always at max stacks, unless this is the point youre making. If they reduced the ramp up to 5 kills they become far more usable.

Of the permanent benefit sigils, sigil of bursting functions differently in that it boost condition stat rather than condition dmg output like force. Malice boost condition duration.

@otto.5684 said:

Well Herald is a support set up elite spec. but most ppl are running it as a dps your never going to see a reverent over a herald because of this. So yes revenants dmg is low but Herald dmg is too high.

Herald is not a support elite. It was not before the remake and it is not after. It provides boons to allies. But might, fury, reg, swiftness and protection are not unique boons by any stretch. They are also not exclusive to Herald by any means. And the F2 is not that effective to be considered support. Effects are too weak and cost is way too high. Honestly, herald is self Sustain more than anything else.

If Anet thinks that Herald should be a should be a support, major remake is required. Unless you can do a 25 group might, 100% uptime on quickness or 100% uptime on alacrity, your support ain’t worth kitten.

It makes support of all the atuments like heroes though. If that not support aimed i am not sure what you think support is.

@Liewec.2896 said:

@Liewec.2896 said:balance patch?fire staff ele not bad enough?

Ele's still complaining after being on top for how many years ?Now you guys can be average like every other DPS.

staff has been regarded as fairly bad in pvp, but because some people must have been doing well with it in raids, it is now utterly useless in pvp.what happened to skill splitting? why was my weapon turned from bad to useless because it was good in a totally different part of the game?

I can say the same for several skills and abilities from other classes that got dumpstered due to PvP. Quit cryin' or build a bridge :)

@Jski.6180 said:

If Anet thinks that Herald should be a should be a support, major remake is required. Unless you can do a 25 group might, 100% uptime on quickness or 100% uptime on alacrity, your support ain’t worth kitten.

It makes support of all the atuments like heroes though. If that not support aimed i am not sure what you think support is.

It is not question of what the Anet was aiming to do but what the result is. Herald is used in PvP for damage and sustain. It is used in PvE for damage. And the raid build does not even use glint.

It is no different than claiming that DH is a support build cuz SoC provides aoe aegis and can provide an aoe block. It is not a support build.

@eldrjth.7384 said:

@"Infusion.7149" said:There hasn't been any mention of gear here, but IMO
  • platinum doubloons when used in trinkets (40 concentration each)
    and lower tier doubloons as a corresponding proportional change

All ought to be looked at.Theyve been that way for a long while

Durability rune on top of 20% boon duration offers 30 more stat points than others.
It would kinda suck for rune of the trapper to lose its 2 tier benefit because its used in conjunction with rune of the nightmare which requires dungeon currency and is a little time consuming to get.*Sigil of concentration is an anomaly in the total equivalent stat points it provides but its also hard to craft and is expensive. If they watered it down they could also find some way to make it cheaper to craft. Scribe as a craft is also expensive to level up.
  • platinum doubloons. I just dont like how you need them to craft the "bountiful" util effects considering how pricey they are.

Those on kill sigils are almost all universally worse than the always on counterpart. Takes a long time to get and they are easy to lose even if they provide slight benefit versus always at max stacks, unless this is the point youre making. If they reduced the ramp up to 5 kills they become far more usable.

Of the permanent benefit sigils, sigil of bursting functions differently in that it boost condition stat rather than condition dmg output like force. Malice boost condition duration.

Please don't compare Sigils with Runes, they fill different spaces.

Besides that Durability runes give defensive stats, something you don't really stack as hard.

I sure hope spvp gets looked at

revenants/core guards dominating everything - too much burst dmg with mobility and op tps, guards have too much condi removal while revs with supports are unstoppable

the new warrior meta build with strength has so much more dmg and sustain than before

the new ranger boon build crushes any fights that dont include necros

mesmer is "dead", 2 out of 70 people play mesmer in the top 70 at 1700+ elo in europe atm cus the nerfs were too hard. Staff doesnt do enough dmg outside of point and still loses many matchups on point and nonstaff has no survivability any more, vigor reduction was maybe too much and nothing really else to compensate. I still think the class is fine and it still counters some classes 1v1 but compared to the top dogs not really

ele is still garbage or just cheese fresh air, 300 years later - you just need to buff the reliability and cast speed of staff ,make more skills hit behind you and make them cast faster and increase the dmg. why does revenant do 10k dmg with a random burst of strength and ele does like 700 dmg per tick on lava font lmao i dont even? the dmg on most skills is laughably low and their speed is too slow . Reaper with shroud activation passively does 10 things more than ele with a skill usage

the only condition build left in the "meta" is mesmer and i already said mesmer has issues. Scourge too but scourge without fb support is weak and with fb support it's 2 people so it doesn't really count cus with a supp u can make some crazy builds work too. Most classes dont have enough condi dmg or application or types or reliable skills(thief has no burn, warrior has no poison, etc)

@otto.5684 said:

It is not question of what the Anet was aiming to do but what the result is. Herald is used in PvP for damage and sustain. It is used in PvE for damage. And the raid build does not even use glint.

It is no different than claiming that DH is a support build cuz SoC provides aoe aegis and can provide an aoe block. It is not a support build.

Getting way off topic now i need to point this out DH makes its F1-3 skills into mostly attks and self support effect Herald add in a support effect for all of the atument things. If anet aim is support for Herald they are going to keep balancing as such even if its played in a different way see tempest and its dmg nerfs. Anet likes to put square peg into triangle hole.

Archived