Balance Update: 2 October 2018

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:As long as they don't make using some weapon traits HARDER to use. If you use the Focus trait for Guardian you HAVE to consider using Meditation skills in your build as an example of how limited things are.

I doubt I'd be able to use Sword/Focus and Staff on Firebrand with this coming update. Surprise me though.

Focus Mastery has nothing to do with Meditations. Monk's Focus is the Meditation trait.

They're in the same line meaning it pretty much does. What if I only want to use Focus Mastery? The traits other than Monk's Focus isn't worthwhile to the point I feel I have to use Meditation skills.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:As long as they don't make using some weapon traits HARDER to use. If you use the Focus trait for Guardian you HAVE to consider using Meditation skills in your build as an example of how limited things are.

I doubt I'd be able to use Sword/Focus and Staff on Firebrand with this coming update. Surprise me though.

Focus Mastery has nothing to do with Meditations. Monk's Focus is the Meditation trait.

They're in the same line meaning it pretty much does. What if I only want to use Focus Mastery? The traits other than Monk's Focus isn't worthwhile to the point I feel I have to use Meditation skills.

The entire Valor line looks a bit lackluster.

Then the patch will probably make things worse. It might become useful even if you aren't using a focus.

Also why the is Stalwart Defender a Major while Focus Mastery is adept?!!! They are basically the same thing for different weapons.

@BlackfoxKitsune.7480 said:Wish i could say i was hopeful but i'm not because thus far it's NEVER a balance it's always Nerf the ranger/druid to unusable even in PVE, OP the classes like Guardian and REV and make other pointless not needed changes all over the place, some even ending up function or game braking for a month

You got any examples for this or..?

@Gaile Gray.6029 If arenanet keeps improving as a company like this, how will I ever quit the game and get a real life? It's already been 5 years, 6 years for many others.

PS Just in case the joke was not clear enough, I'm actually very very pleased with this along with many other changes anet has been making as a company over the past couple years, I love this game and my ONLY regret I have was the night I drank too much and traded all my gold and ecto to a skritt for junk items and sorrow. Keep it up anet! I like what I'm seeing! :+1:

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:Staff and focus for Necro need some serious attention!

I would like that. I use the staff as part of my standard layout because well I like having a scythe staff for my necro and I do like having range with aoe's as such...but I always feel like I'm gimping myself and I'd like that feeling to change with better damage on the staff powers or something.

Archived