Please stop changing our camera zoom

kurfu.5623

Related, I wouldn't mind a min zoom/max zoom. Maybe like shift- or alt-mouse up/down does a full zoom in/out, respectively. I'm set up so each 'click' of the mouse wheel (I know some mouse wheels don't actually click, mine does) does a pretty small movement, so going from full zoom in to full zoom out is a bit more rolling than I'd like.

Regarding the original topic, the ability to toggle it on or off would be good. I've gotten so used to how it works and just adjust to it out of muscle memory habits, if it were forced off tomorrow for me, it might be weird.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Silkjar.8596 said:this is still a problem. @ARENANet please please fix this !

It really is so annoying playing in Drizzlewood and the camera constantly changing height, it really ruins the experience, instead of being able to focus on the fight I am then forced to change my camera back to the position I like it, and this just continues to happen again and again and again. I have said it before, stop taking control of my camera Arenanet, give me a checkbox option to lock camera, I do not need you deciding where my camera should be....

I did the Claw of Jormag fight in Drizzlewood the other day and the camera zooms you in so close you can't see anything else around you well including the adds that spawn. I can only imagine that it is done for dramatic effect, but the least they could do if they want to force it on us is to revert it back to the original camera setting after the zoom in is done.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Plus plus, stop zooming me in and out! I take great care to find the zoom level I most enjoy on a character I play, depending on their race, and I love being zoomed in just right for immersion, so the world feels bigger and more immersive. Then you ZOOM ME OUT. Stop it! Is it harder to fight zoomed in? Yes. But I can zoom out myself, using my mouse wheel, thanks much!Worst of all, sometimes game zooms me out for no reason at all!

I think I found a way to somewhat mitigate the zoom.Put your "Zoom Sensitivity" and "Collision Sensitivity" sliders all the way to the left.

This will make zooming in and out a lot take quite a bit of scrolling - each click is worth only small bit of zoom. But seems when the game zooms you out eg at a world boss, it won't go nearly as far as it normally does.And the collision slider, I think, means the game will not try to detect you're colliding and take control of the camera to make you look around things, and thus not take zoom control? Not so sure about this one.

• 9 months later...
On 12/20/2018 at 12:33 AM, kurfu.5623 said:

Please stop changing our camera zoom! I'm not referring to the FOV setting, I am talking about the actual zoom that you control with your mouse-wheel.

This is not new, I'm just finally getting around to posting...

It is most notable at world bosses such as Teq and Jormag. I'll have the camera zoomed all the way out, and then for whatever reason it jumps back in, and I have to zoom out again. It's highly distracting.

I have the collision slider moved all the way to the right, if that makes any difference.

Wow, a simple mouse wheel rotation is distracting to you?

Seriously? 

• Confused 11
  • Sad 2

I dont mind the zoom so much as i mind some for the forced perspectives and FOVs they foist on players. Those cant be fixed or changed, at least a zoom can be undone, as annoying as having your settings changed is. Dragonstorm is a light example which only bothers me a little, but the worst is the Shadow of Mordremoth at the start of the HOTs story(Or was it at the end of LWS2? the plant dragon in the cave?) Just awful, makes me sick(nauseous.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to say doing fractals and losing my set up in the middle of a fight is super annoying. its like up periscope down periscope first person to full out and back..its nauseating. And ofc happens at a critical point that usually leads to death.

And while im at it, does anyone know the setting to stop deselecting target automatically? When i spin or run and dodge my target drops everytime.

And dont get me started on tab targeting. 🙄

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 9:36 AM, codedbykush.2019 said:

Wow, a simple mouse wheel rotation is distracting to you?

Seriously? 

It’s the fact that you can’t control it that’s the problem.  In certain parts of the terrain that are close quarters, the camera will start zooming in and out like it’s possessed, and until you can get out of that position you really can’t adjust for it in any useful way.  It is nauseating.   This is one of the main reasons I don’t do JPs unless I absolutely need it to get something that I need, and then I make sure to tip the local Mesmer.

I’d rather do it myself, but I can’t deal with all the motion sickness that comes with all of that movement in confined spaces.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...