"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week

Ni In.6578

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue borderland is now an underwater borderland, With Whaleyaks as supply carriers.

Edit: actually the announcement is going to be that they actually saw the bug in which you cant place a 5-supply-cost trap with 5,6,7,8,9 supplies. Only with 10. WHAT A LOVELY DAY

I tried to stay away from the discussion, in order to not receive the label of "hopeless optimist". But seeing the posts here, I cannot restrain, and I will risk an opinion (even if we have only few hours till the update):I think they will make the Skirmish reward track repeatable or they will increase the weekly limit of the Skirmish Tickets (in this moment you can acquire a raid legendary armor more than 2 times faster - in less than 10 weeks, compared with 22 for the first tier armor in WvW and almost 30 for the second tier WvW armor).

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@"Andromeda.8293" said:also please retire EOTM - that is perma downstate and not rezzable

"EotM is no longer on Megaserver system and is now part of WvW"
"EoTM has replaced EB"

"We modified the central part to add the Aetherblade Castle as replacement for Stonemist Castle. The Castle Lord, Captain Mai Trin, will have all the mechanics from the fractal."

Nice idea ^^ But whats really hurt the map it is missing integration from the rest of the wvw maps can't see whats going on there. If we ever get a reward system for match ups wins which would mean the winner get more then the rest . As an idea I could see that you can farm some of the points as extra points there too for you guild also for the current system being able to farm wvw improvements there would be also an idea

@Acyk.9671 said:

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:Please say it's mounts. I hope it's mounts.

If they add mounts then they better make all of the maps larger, with more keeps, towers etc.

Also they should disable engaging combat skill, and lower the mount speed by 50%.

I am not for mounts nor against it as long as it's rightly implemented.Restrict mounts to some areas. It would need unclaimed roads on the map where no buff nor siege weapons are available but mounts. Rest of the map would be off and mounts would only give a permanent 33%-50% speed increase without any personal skill. Dismount when attacked without the 1s disable that we see in PvE.That would be against what mounts are in GW2 but this is the only way mounts could be implemented without destroying WvW. On top of that, Anet should limit the number of visual noise on sold models (nothing like celestial, close to shiverpeaks) so fps isn't affected by their introduction.

I hope the announcement is something entirely different from mounts though.It doesnt really matter how they implement it - even if its good - its just pointless and would show us how out of touch with the WvW community they are. If its mounts, which I doubt it is.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@whoknocks.4935 said:So we will receive this WvW update today?Is it confirmed?

I hope it will be a revamp to kill the boredom of the gamemode?Eh, it was an announcement not an update. They could be saying we're getting a new map in 2021 and it would still be fulfilled.

Meh... sad to hear that, maybe again the alliance system coming in the next 2-3 years...

Let's hope it's something big and completely new and refreshing and it's coming soon...

The gamemode really needs a fresh air...

@Arden.7480 said:

If they add mounts then they better make all of the maps larger, with more keeps, towers etc.

Also they should disable engaging combat skill, and lower the mount speed by 50%.

Mounts can work if they are only used for travel speed. No CC, no damage, no boons, nerf Cavalier runes.

I'd prefer to see an exclusive Warhorse mount that does nothing but move you around and get you into battle faster. If it's done in minimalist fashion it wouldn't be a detriment.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

Mounts can work if they are only used for travel speed. No CC, no damage, no boons, nerf Cavalier runes.

I'd prefer to see an exclusive Warhorse mount that does nothing but move you around and get you into battle faster. If it's done in minimalist fashion it wouldn't be a detriment.

Sure. And remove all Waypoints both normal and emergency.

Mobility is available to all but probably two classes, if it’s built for.

If mounts are introduced, those classes that have speed related traits should get damage buffs instead.

All skills which hit multiple targets now have diminishing returns, damage lowered by X for each target hit, condition stack lowered by X - minimum 1. Skills can now hit or affect max. 3 targets in WvW only.

Downed stance permanently removed from the WvW.

Revealed now works with condition damage too. Revealed lasts for 10 seconds. Revealed is now applied if the target takes damage while stealthed. When Revealed, effects that are activated while entering or in a Stealth are still applied, but periodical and lasting effects last only for 3 seconds.

World ranks after rank 5 now require 3,500 WXP down from 5,000 WXP.

To complete a reward track 14,000 points are needed down from 20,000, a reward is received every 350 points down from 500.Potion of WvW Rewards grants 150 points, down from 250. Instant Reward Track Progress removed from the Final tier, replaced with 2x Transmutation Charges and 1x Grandmaster Mark of a choice.

@Mikali.9651 said:All skills which hit multiple targets now have diminishing returns, damage lowered by X for each target hit, condition stack lowered by X - minimum 1. Skills can now hit max 3 targets in WvW only.

Downed stance permanently removed from the WvW.

Revealed now works with condition damage too. Revealed lasts for 10 seconds. Revealed is now applied if the target takes damage while stealthed. When Revealed, effects that are activated while entering or in a Stealth are still applied, but periodical and lasting effects last only for 3 seconds.

World ranks after rank 5 now require 3,500 WXP down from 5,000 WXP.

To complete a reward track 14,000 points are needed down from 20,000, a reward is received every 350 points down from 500.Potion of WvW Rewards grants 150 points, down from 250. Instant Reward Track Progress removed from the Final tier, replaced with 2x Transmutation Charges and 1x Grandmaster Mark of a choice.

Heh you want to increase the 50% of the population being camp flippers like myself, to 80%?

Archived