"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week

Ni In.6578

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@Mikali.9651 said:All skills which hit multiple targets now have diminishing returns, damage lowered by X for each target hit, condition stack lowered by X - minimum 1. Skills can now hit max 3 targets in WvW only.

Downed stance permanently removed from the WvW.

Revealed now works with condition damage too. Revealed lasts for 10 seconds. Revealed is now applied if the target takes damage while stealthed. When Revealed, effects that are activated while entering or in a Stealth are still applied, but periodical and lasting effects last only for 3 seconds.

World ranks after rank 5 now require 3,500 WXP down from 5,000 WXP.

To complete a reward track 14,000 points are needed down from 20,000, a reward is received every 350 points down from 500.Potion of WvW Rewards grants 150 points, down from 250. Instant Reward Track Progress removed from the Final tier, replaced with 2x Transmutation Charges and 1x Grandmaster Mark of a choice.

Heh you want to increase the 50% of the population being camp flippers like myself, to 80%?

I have never seen WvW as the Zerg vs. Zerg mode, the only reason it is like that is that of all the AoE cleaving and multiple targets hit giving certain professions too much effective power. I would rather have multiple squads, multiple guild squads and roamers to have more variety of action all around the map.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mikali.9651 said:

@Mikali.9651 said:All skills which hit multiple targets now have diminishing returns, damage lowered by X for each target hit, condition stack lowered by X - minimum 1. Skills can now hit max 3 targets in WvW only.

Revealed now works with condition damage too. Revealed lasts for 10 seconds. Revealed is now applied if the target takes damage while stealthed. When Revealed, effects that are activated while entering or in a Stealth are still applied, but periodical and lasting effects last only for 3 seconds.

To complete a reward track 14,000 points are needed down from 20,000, a reward is received every 350 points down from 500.Potion of WvW Rewards grants 150 points, down from 250. Instant Reward Track Progress removed from the Final tier, replaced with 2x Transmutation Charges and 1x Grandmaster Mark of a choice.

Heh you want to increase the 50% of the population being camp flippers like myself, to 80%?

I have never seen WvW as the Zerg vs. Zerg mode, the only reason it is like that is that of all the AoE cleaving and multiple targets hit giving certain professions too much effective power. I would rather have multiple squads, multiple guild squads and roamers to have more variety of action all around the map.

I just meant the part about ranks and rewards. If you overtune rewards to be closer to PVE you get more people who aren't playing for any reason other than rewards. I play the little WVW that I do because it's something different and I'm burnt out on PVE. I don't need gold, don't need anymore Gifts of Battle. I think WVW needs a different kind of reward than more bouncy chests, and it needs to reward doing things, and not just time spent. I'm not sure how to get there from here though.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

I just meant the part about ranks and rewards. If you overtune rewards to be closer to PVE you get more people who aren't playing for any reason other than rewards. I play the little WVW that I do because it's something different and I'm burnt out on PVE. I don't need gold, don't need anymore Gifts of Battle. I think WVW needs a different kind of reward than more bouncy chests, and it needs to reward doing things, and not just time spent. I'm not sure how to get there from here though.

Some of the best fights I’ve gotten into are 2-3 v 2-5 over camps. So.. more ‘camp flippers’ aren’t a bad thing to me.

Though I do get what you are saying. There is an argument against most types of reward buffing in that there are usually some ‘undesireable’ side effect.

We don’t want a karma train, but we want more people involved.

@Mikali.9651 said:All skills which hit multiple targets now have diminishing returns, damage lowered by X for each target hit, condition stack lowered by X - minimum 1. Skills can now hit or affect max. 3 targets in WvW only.

And dont forget: raid reward track! Where we will be able to get LI, divinations, pve raid exclusive skins, the whole bunch!

Some of the best fights I’ve gotten into are 2-3 v 2-5 over camps. So.. more ‘camp flippers’ aren’t a bad thing to me.

Though I do get what you are saying. There is an argument against most types of reward buffing in that there are usually some ‘undesireable’ side effect.

We don’t want a karma train, but we want more people involved.

yes, I understand the problem with getting rewards, but I don't really see any problem with that. I also think that it is much better lowering the time spent needed to get rewards to give people a reason to hop into wvw and fight for 30 minutes, have fun and go their own way. As I said, I do not think that WvW needs Zerg vs. Zerg, as a matter of fact, you don't need many players to capture almost any objective on the map. Having more smaller fights would be more beneficial in terms of fun, having rewards quicker yields to having the incentive to at least play for quick fun, without the need to follow the commander and Lag vs. Lag.

WvW is so dead in the off-hours and feels so dead without the commanders on the map. I do not think any reward coming out of WvW is really the profitable one, no one would get any richer playing WvW than daily Istan.Also, to get rewards for WvW, you actually need to play WITH and AGAINST players, I would personally reward that more.

I would rather if WvW becomes the DM mode to fool around until big commanders come and take the lead than to see it as "go big (abuse the stealth and/or wait for the commander and X amount of players) or go home" style it is now.

@Shadow Order.7258 said:I thought it was alliances but after seeing their poor 4Q results I'm inclined to think it's mounts. Gotta sell more expansions and skins.

Of course. They have never stopped trying to figure out how to monetize WvW/PvP like they have PvE.

@Arden.7480 said:Shoot... Mounts on WvW=death of this gamemode!

Hope they aint that foolish...

Narrator: They were.

@Mikali.9651 said:Also, to get rewards for WvW, you actually need to play WITH and AGAINST players, I would personally reward that more.

I don't recall ever needing to meet a player to get my participation up... Just go to Desert Borderland and the chances you meet someone will be as low as getting something useful from random loot.

@Mikali.9651 said:WvW is so dead in the off-hours and feels so dead without the commanders on the map.

Because sheep needs herding... Honestly, I know plenty of players who go around and try capture objectives on their own without waiting someone to tell them what to do.

@Arcanaut.4158 said:

@"Astrolicus.3716" said:... So. Where's the announcement?

ArenaNet Livestream: Let’s Play Guild Wars 2 World vs World (English)2:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-8)Join the World vs. World development team in the Mists for their weekly stream.

Should be interesting (nobody saw that edit)

@"XenesisII.1540" said:They don't let people rent gliding why would they allow people to rent mounts?

For the same reason they do not rent gliders in PvE, but they do rent mounts.Mounts without masteries are fun, but not as fun as owned ones, and you can't take them with you. And while you only need a mesmer with a portal and a glider to take down 19 people to the bottom of a cliff, there's no way to help people run as fast as you if they do not have mounts.

Now, if we have a dolyak/carrier mount that can bring 4 other players with you, then we'd just need 1 person with mounts for every 5 people in the squad, that's just 10 people for a full squad to go ridin'.

So unless there was a way for players with PoF to carry allies, or they would have to add some form of mount renting.

Possible ways to carry allies could be:

• A specific mount that can carry allies, like a dolyak, a bull or some other beast of burden. This mount would be slightly slower than others and have no fancy movement abilities. It'll just carry people and dash. Allies riding it could get a neat skill to 'encourage' the mount and give it speed boost so they don't get competency bored as a passengers.
  • Mount masteries and WvW abilities that allow mounts to bring more people, like a second seat in the saddle, or side saddles, or something like a sidecar.
  • Carts that can attach to mounts so the mounts can pull the cart while allies mount the cart. It could be something built with supply. Once built, like other siege, it would be usable. Those not riding a mount would 'mount' the cart, riding it, and if an ally riding a mount uses it, instead dismounting they attach their mount to the cart. If they are not the owner of the cart, the owner can use it at any time to reclaim it, like with siege.

As for mount renting, it doesn't have to be mounts like those rented in PvE. To encourage people to get actual mounts and neat skins, the rented mount could be a 'mists horse', which would be basically an unappealing horse-shaped blurry cloud that makes horse noises and uses the raptor rig for animations.

This would also get to the joke that we never get to see actual horses in the game, as this would just a 'foggy memory' of a horse.

Archived