Super Adventure Festival Returns Next Week

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah very curious about that new vendor selling limited rewards each day."A new vendor has been added for the duration of the festival in Rata Sum, trading a limited supply of valuable prizes each week! The inventory will be restocked when weekly rewards reset, so be sure to spend your Bauble Bubbles before 12:30 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) each Monday."But I'm very thankful for adding new decos, and weapons within sab (boomerang and mega bomb).For the adventures I wait to see.

If it's your first time playing through SAB and you wanna get everything, I advise against using guides. It ruins literally all the excitement from discovering things.

However, if you're in to complete everything and are dead set on using a guide, go ahead. It's a LOT more exciting not using--a lot more rewarding. Have fun!

I would have loved to see this game mode be revitalized with new and even more interesting maps, mobs and general mayhem :) it's a very fun game mode that I'm sad to see is still incomplete. Such an amazing testament to the creativity developers can have even in the grindfest world we live in now. I'm still very excited and happy to see it make yet another return.

@Ipomoea Jalapa.6897 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:The chat in the chatbox is the english translation of gibberishonese

But I'm seeing gibberishonese in the chatbox too, where I saw English during last year's SAB. I double-checked that both my Text Language and Audio Language are set to English in Options... is it a bug then?

Ohh, I figured it out. I had NPCs disabled in the Chatbox. Duh :). Thanks.

@Tiviana.2650 said:Okay so i did the 2 zones, someone said there are more that have not been added to the game yet. Its been awhile they said, are they going to finish the rest of the story zones?

Sadly nah ... but you can start a collective of 9000 players to change their minds...I don't expect to see the rest, now, 5 years after the release of w2...

Of course they added coin races, 2 new skill upgrades, but those will not bring sab lovers back, only w3 and 4 will. Again I find it unnaceptable to not finish something but again, my opinion. In fact would like a lot more sab update than another ls with dragons....

@"Ari Cee.3591" said:I'm super excited for this festival! Does anyone know if the song used for the trailer is on Spotify? Or even the name of the song? It's kinda cute and catchy.

The track is "Rytlock's Critter Rampage", composed by Maclaine Diemer, and the metal cover in the trailer was done by me. I've actually covered the entire Super Adventure Box soundtrack, and you can find those covers for free on my Bandcamp page.

http://itstartsatdusk.bandcamp.com

Huge ups to @hugo.4705 for the shout-out, btw. =)

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:meaning the core game should always come first, festivals second, and SAB third or fourth

SAB is as much a valid festival as each of the others. Even more so, because it has real content that keeps you busy for weeks, unlike any of the others which are all grinds or have so little to do that you are done within a day or two. It has six unique maps of its own, which are complex and test your hand-eye coordination and your reflexes as well as player skill, not to mention the many achievements and rewards you can get by playing those maps. It even has a "hard mode" which provides an extra twist to the whole thing.

Just because you don't like the event per se does not invalidate it as such. I used to feel about it like you do, until I tried it for real this year, and it is surprisingly good and fun (tons of fun, actually). An asuran "virtual reality" simulator isn't any weirder than any of the other asuran technology that also doesn't fit into a fantansy setting (machines that let you see "God", so to speak, a.k.a. the Eternal Alchemy, computer terminals that are online and interconnected across the globe, and what not). Asuran technology exists, deal with it.

i love it and it would be great if they would add W3 and/or W4.Currently im just doing SAB every day. First my daily for 2g, Guild Hall gathering and the SAB. my guildfriends are already worried hahayesterday i finished Tribulation w1z3 and now i can repeat all 3 zones to create the 16 weapons.

my only problem currently i dont know to choose what weapon skin in what color.there are 4 colors? blue, green, red and orange?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:meaning the core game should always come first, festivals second, and SAB third or fourth

SAB is as much a valid festival as each of the others. Even more so, because it has
real
content that keeps you busy for weeks, unlike any of the others which are all grinds or have so little to do that you are done within a day or two. It has six unique maps of its own, which are complex and test your hand-eye coordination and your reflexes as well as player skill, not to mention the many achievements and rewards you can get by playing those maps. It even has a "hard mode" which provides an extra twist to the whole thing.

Just because you don't like the event per se does not invalidate it as such. I used to feel about it like you do, until I tried it for real this year, and it
is
surprisingly good and fun (tons of fun, actually). An asuran "virtual reality" simulator isn't any weirder than any of the other asuran technology that also doesn't fit into a fantansy setting (machines that let you see "God", so to speak, a.k.a. the Eternal Alchemy, computer terminals that are online and interconnected across the globe, and what not). Asuran technology exists, deal with it.

We're not discussing the contents, though, but the reasoning if anet should put in resources into this content or not.I think not, because doesn't even seem to have enough resources for the core content.

I'm fine with the (horrendous) stuff as long as it stays in that cube.The content is fine, i agree, but the graphics and sounds really hurt my bones. But as long as i have AP to earn there, I'll survive play it.I think i would've preferred the simulator if it had normal 3d models albeit with a holographic filter you see in the Rings of Fire episide

Will bring the opposite point, does Anet should put more ressources in SAB? I think yes, it was a primary festival back in 2013-14: two releases in less than one year (one for each world), now it's a secondary one due to addition of other festivals: fofw, halloween, wintersday, lunar, gauntlet...

One side, we have a content which is the same since the beginning: ls (maps but ultimately the same boring goal: dragons), on the other side: a brand new content with maps without any link with dragon, a good little story. Would like watching a movie without knowing the end?

Archived