New Hairstyles/ customization please?

@"Erasculio.2914" said:I would love the hairstyle seen on the female character in this very old screenshot.

This, 1000% There were some really great pre-launch designs that never made it to game. there were even options you could pick in Beta & pre-launch that were immediately taken away, because they didnt want players spending too much time on their character- yet thats all people ask for lol

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Chasind.3128 said:

@"Erasculio.2914" said:I would love the hairstyle seen on the female character in

This, 1000% There were some really great pre-launch designs that never made it to game. there were even options you could pick in Beta & pre-launch that were immediately taken away, because they didnt want players spending too much time on their character- yet thats all people ask for lol

That statement “not spend too much time on their character” makes me angry! First, whyyyyy? This is an MMORPG and creating your character is a large part of the fun and the whole point! :disappointed: Pfff, I probably spend MORE time because I try to create a character I like, find none of the options for that particular race/gender satisfying, then go back to the drawing board! :expressionless:

@VDAC.2137 said:

@"Erasculio.2914" said:I would love the hairstyle seen on the female character in

That statement “not spend too much time on their character” makes me angry! First, whyyyyy? This is an MMORPG and creating your character is a large part of the fun and the whole point! :disappointed: Pfff, I probably spend MORE time because I try to create a character I like, find none of the options for that particular race/gender satisfying, then go back to the drawing board! :expressionless:

I agree, When there are many options for character creator- I DO spend alot of time making a character I could see myself as or really like- then I move on & play. It's not like we'd be stuck in character creator for ever. There could be the option for saved presets that you load up, etc. It's not like there is tons of content that we will miss out just because there would be an in depth character creator.

• 11 months later...

I'm not starting a new thread & will instead, continue this thread with more hairstyle choices - The links are all from Pinterest ->https://pinterest.com/

Some more universal hairstyle ideas (i know theyre on women but I can see them on men as well)--https://pinterest.com/pin/631981760198942503/https://pinterest.com/pin/281967626642717679/https://pinterest.com/pin/96475617006381952/https://pinterest.com/pin/326511041736543003/

A friend convinced me to try final fantasy lately. Character creation there is amazing. And then the actual...Bleh. Your character doesn't speak. Why on Earth can you PICK your characters voice and then they don't use it.

Very jarring after the awesomeness that is gw2. But the actual character creation is very nice.

Tldr: more hairstyles yes please.

@Raknar.4735 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:I bet we'll get new ones with Cantha.

But only for humans :D

I'm not sure about that. The last customization update we got was the Olmakhan stuff.Who knows how many secluded non-human villages there are in Cantha, after they went completely xenophobic :pAsura could be crawling around everywhere underground!

Forgot about that, but what i was getting at, was that with POF they only added human customization. They didnt add anything to the other races, i dont see why Cantha will be any different. Charr got some with the sandswept release, but even that wasnt done right given they didnt add the new faces they added(there are a few), and some of the horns you can only get through abusing the make over kit.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:I bet we'll get new ones with Cantha.

But only for humans :D

I'm not sure about that. The last customization update we got was the Olmakhan stuff.Who knows how many secluded non-human villages there are in Cantha, after they went completely xenophobic :pAsura could be crawling around everywhere underground!

Forgot about that, but what i was getting at, was that with POF they only added human customization. They didnt add anything to the other races, i dont see why Cantha will be any different. Charr got some with the sandswept release, but even that wasnt done right given they didnt add the new faces they added(there are a few), and some of the horns you can only get through abusing the make over kit.

I prefer the Olmakhan stuff to every new human option that was added with PoF.

It really depends on how Anet plans to use the different races in Cantha. If they only use Canthans, then only humans will most likely get new stuff.But we don't really know what has been going on there. Anet could just add Sylvari that aren't part of the Pale Tree or any known Blighting Tree, like Malyck, around Echovald Forest that are fighting with/against the Warden. They could also just tell us there is another "Rata XX" under Cantha with a new variety of Asura, still hiding underground.

@Westenev.5289 said:

@"Raknar.4735" said:I bet we'll get new ones with Cantha.

My fear is that we'll get "native" themed hairstyles that few people will use - similar to the Elonian hairs from PoF.

Yeah, I rarely see the elonian hairstyles and don't like most of them myself. I'm just not a fan of dreadlocks. The new beards were pretty nice though.I see the Olmakhan / new charr horns more often.

While I'm hyped for canthan hairstyles, I share your fear.

Sure, let's get some more hairstyles and stuff. On the other hand, since hairstyle and makeover kits are being showered over the players, I doubt ANet is making enough money off of them in the Gemstore to make this happen any time soon.

Yes PLEASE!For the charr, I want some Flame Legion character options--since we're allied with them now. Specifically, I want the faces of the Lava, Smoke, and Flame shamans. I don't care if they have the flaming eyes or normal eyes, but the faces (especially the Lava Shaman face) are really unique. I would also like the unique horns of the Lava, Smoke, and Flame shamans, as well as Efram's horns. Plus, slightly modified versions of Crecia and Bangar's faces, the way they added modified versions of Tybalt and Rox's faces.

@Etria.3642 said:A friend convinced me to try final fantasy lately. Character creation there is amazing. And then the actual...Bleh. Your character doesn't speak. Why on Earth can you PICK your characters voice and then they don't use it.

Very jarring after the awesomeness that is gw2. But the actual character creation is very nice.

I personally prefer having a silent character. In every game, my character NEVER sounds the way I want him to sound or says what I'd imagine him saying in certain scenarios, so being able to imagine that makes me more invested in him. As for voice packs for audible emotes, I'm fine with it just so long as the game gives me the option to not sound like the Rock, such as in FFXIV.

@TheJmandude.1548 said:

@Etria.3642 said:A friend convinced me to try final fantasy lately. Character creation there is amazing. And then the actual...Bleh. Your character doesn't speak. Why on Earth can you PICK your characters voice and then they don't use it.

I personally prefer having a silent character. In every game, my character NEVER sounds the way I want him to sound or says what I'd imagine him saying in certain scenarios, so being able to imagine that makes me more invested in him. As for voice packs for audible emotes, I'm fine with it just so long as the game gives me the option to not sound like the Rock, such as in FFXIV.

You do have a point about them never sounding the way you like, but even the npc's have no voice in FF. Bleh.

Also re the hairstyles it's weird. I really admire/love some of the braided hairstyles I see IRL but they don't seem to fit my character. I prefer loose curly styles.