Update to Attribute-Selectable gear is coming. Thoughts?

As a side thought to this change, I wonder if it was done in part because there weren't enough or as many LS4/POF vendors that sold POF stat-ed jewelry and backpacks as there were in LS3/HOT that sold those stats?

It sort of seems it was like an after thought, because specifically throughout LS4 we never got as many Backpack options as we did in LS3, not that I'd complain if I can go to SL and buy a Divener backpack after Tuesday (or whenever this patch is), I just wonder if it was done to supplement lack of options, why weren't those options added sooner?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all.

Curious where the LW1/LW2 stat sets fall on this list, such as Settlers (Introduced sometime around LW1 or LW2, forgetting which one). Are those moving to become HoT stat sets, or will only any 4-stat sets from LW1 and LW2 being classified as HoT, or just anything from HoT onwards?

While this does not affect me directly, there are fellow guildies still on just the base game atm, so its important from that perspective. Also, this will hopefully make some of the more obscure sets easier to come by.

So what if I use Shaman stats on Healers gear on my heal scourge... with Shaman being removed from Healers gear after the reset will I no longer be able to choose Shaman on my gear?

This is just an example, but there are plenty of other stats being removed from specific types. It says that is an exception to the all stats available... so does that mean I would need to replace my Healers gear on my heal scourge to get the Shaman stats again? If so that is ridiculous.

@Daishi.6027 said:Just so I understand this correctly or not, I can farm trinkets from Dragon Fall and put let's say.... Assassin's stats on it?

If you can select the stats on them, then yes. Think of it. Blood Ruby items being able to have PoF stats and Difluorite having access to HoT stats. Basically, they'll both have access to every stat available since Core, as long as you own those respective expansions.

@TwanBr.8340 said:Hi there! I just read about the upcoming changes to attribute-selectable gear and it left me with a question:

What happens to gear that had the Assaulter(/Defender/Healer/Malicious) prefix when obtained, but has later been manually stat-changed to, say, Minstrel?Will this former Assaulter gear then be reset and would I have to toss it in the mystic forge another time to make it Minstrel again? Or does it not count as Assaulter gear anymore and won't be reset at all with this change?Stat-changing doesn't change stats. It changes the item - you receive a completely new object (with minstrel stats), and the original Assaulter one is gone. By that point, the game doesn't even remember what the original gear was.

Additionally, remember that it's not the first time stat-selectable gear got a reset. We already know that the things some people fear (glitching/losing runes, infusions, skins) won't happen. We already know how this impacts mystic forge-stat-changed items (it doesn't, as that mystic forge recipe doesn't produce stat-selectable ascended)

@"Sungak Alkandenes.1369" said:Evening all.

Curious where the LW1/LW2 stat sets fall on this list, such as Settlers (Introduced sometime around LW1 or LW2, forgetting which one). Are those moving to become HoT stat sets, or will only any 4-stat sets from LW1 and LW2 being classified as HoT, or just anything from HoT onwards?It's already answered:

"If you’re a Play for Free player—or if you purchased the core game before Play for Free was an option and you don’t own any expansions—attribute-selectable gear will only display a selection of attribute combinations that were released before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™.
So, Core covers everything up to HoT. Since the LW1 and LW2 stat sets were released before HoT, they are considered Core stats. That includes Settler, Apothecary, Sinister, Nomad, and additionally probably Givers and Bringers (bringers were theoretically introduced later, but in reality they existed before, just as an inconsistency within Givers' set).Notice, that (as far as i can remember) there weren't any 4-stat sets before HoT. Not in PvE anyway (i can't remember if some of the PvP stats weren't introduced early or not).

Of course they announce this a couple of days after I finally decide to clean up my bank and salvage a bunch of bladed armours because they have limited stat selection options and I think that I don't really need any more berserker armour. :lol:

The organization update is nice but the expansion locking of combos is realty bad for the game. Core gamers should not be worst off then expansion players and over all the game needs to be better balance in this way and its only worst if you lock the combos with expansion. On a side note you still can get the expansion combos with out the expansion but only in gear and wepon and some buy-able trinkets all costing gold. The update only makes it harder to get for the core gamers.

@Donari.5237 said:Hmm, any suggestions on a quick way to document current chosen stats? I have over 20 alts in at least full exotics and a lot came from selectables. I don't really need to rethink my builds, so I want to have an idea how I've built them before everything resets :) (I know I can just go alt to alt and hand write out all their gear choices, I'm wondering if someone has a quicker but not spreadsheet method).

Use the in game screen shots on your stats page for each alt and if you are using the same stats across hover over a piece with the screen shot. If you use gw2efficiency.com you can also go to the character tab and grab stats/images from there as well.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:As a side thought to this change, I wonder if it was done in part because there weren't enough or as many LS4/POF vendors that sold POF stat-ed jewelry and backpacks as there were in LS3/HOT that sold those stats?

It sort of seems it was like an after thought, because specifically throughout LS4 we never got as many Backpack options as we did in LS3, not that I'd complain if I can go to SL and buy a Divener backpack after Tuesday (or whenever this patch is), I just wonder if it was done to supplement lack of options, why weren't those options added sooner?

FYI, you already can get Diviner’s accessories from LWS3 maps, just not other PoF stats such as Harrier’s, Grieving, etc. I would be thrilled if they are all available as of this Tuesday, especially as I need to save LWS4 currency for something else! ;)

@Jski.6180 said:The organization update is nice but the expansion locking of combos is realty bad for the game. Core gamers should not be worst off then expansion players and over all the game needs to be better balance in this way and its only worst if you lock the combos with expansion. On a side note you still can get the expansion combos with out the expansion but only in gear and wepon and some buy-able trinkets all costing gold. The update only makes it harder to get for the core gamers.

Core only gamers should only have access to core game stats. That's how expansions work. If you want the benefits of the expansion, you must, you know, buy the expansion.

Archived