Extra-Pungent treats--how many did you use?

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@"MrPhantasia.5924" said:

What do you mean "how many?" i made 21 of them and did the collection and it consumed them all.

Yeah, there was someone else who didn't realize they were optional. The treats were so you could skip over doing the boss or JP by calling the skyscale to you--if you could find the skyscale on your own, you didn't need a treat.

But every time I talked to the skyscale it ate the treat just automatically. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

@MrPhantasia.5924 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

What do you mean "how many?" i made 21 of them and did the collection and it consumed them all.

Yeah, there was someone else who didn't realize they were optional. The treats were so you could skip over doing the boss or JP by calling the skyscale to you--if you could find the skyscale on your own, you didn't need a treat.

But every time I talked to the skyscale it ate the treat just automatically. Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

I don't think so. I double-clicked on the treat to use it and call the skyscale to me when I gave up on the puzzle. If not, I got to the top of the puzzle and got near the Skycale and my character said something like "There you are!" Then I had to find it and when I interacted with it (or maybe just touched it, not sure) it flew away and left my character yelling, "No, no, no!" or "Come back!" but no treat was consumed.

If you didn't double-click any of the treats, you might want to check if they are still hiding in your bag somewhere...you can sell them at a profit.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@aspirine.5839 said:The first in jahai by accident cuase i just thought you had to use it always. I would have used it on the metrica jumping puzzle since I hate that one with a passion.

I almost crafted all twenty before I even started bc this was the way I thought it worked too. But when I couldn't find the recipe on my chef I asked why in guild and lucky for me they explained how it worked before I crafted any. So I got through it all without using any and sold the one that you get in inv. I generally try to avoid skipping the actual playing part of the game if possible :p

Pffft. When I discovered that only a story-complete Chef can craft them, I cranked my sole story-complete character from Chef 78 to 305 and crafted all 20
on purpose
to save myself the faff of all the JPs.My chef hasn't even started the story yet, but can craft them just fine. I did however have to send her to Sun's Refuge to get a copy of the recipe from Gorrik first, as for some obscure reason the recipe only unlocks on the character that reads it (which in my case was my main charr ranger that doesn't know the pot from the stove when it comes to cooking ;) ). I suspect that's a simple oversight and will be fixed eventually.

I tried to leave my free one for the most annoying one and then totally forgot about it 8) . So I used none and sold the free one in the end. I did however did this (like most of the other collections with a friend, so I was able to teleport to a couple of places before they got too anoying (and he did on a couple of different ones), plus I was pretty lucky with the event spawns that didn't keep me waiting long.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@aspirine.5839 said:The first in jahai by accident cuase i just thought you had to use it always. I would have used it on the metrica jumping puzzle since I hate that one with a passion.

I almost crafted all twenty before I even started bc this was the way I thought it worked too. But when I couldn't find the recipe on my chef I asked why in guild and lucky for me they explained how it worked before I crafted any. So I got through it all without using any and sold the one that you get in inv. I generally try to avoid skipping the actual playing part of the game if possible :p

Pffft. When I discovered that only a story-complete Chef can craft them, I cranked my sole story-complete character from Chef 78 to 305 and crafted all 20
on purpose
to save myself the faff of all the JPs.My chef hasn't even started the story yet, but can craft them just fine. I did however have to send her to Sun's Refuge to get a copy of the recipe from Gorrik first, as for some obscure reason the recipe only unlocks on the character that reads it (which in my case was my main charr ranger that doesn't know the pot from the stove when it comes to cooking ;) ). I suspect that's a simple oversight and will be fixed eventually.

It is odd that this one recipe doesn't unlock universally, but once unlocked all your other cooks can acquire it from the discovery panel, no need for the trip to sun's refuge . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

on purpose

It is odd that this one recipe doesn't unlock universally, but once unlocked all your other cooks can acquire it from the discovery panel, no need for the trip to sun's refuge . . .I didn't in fact craft any, just wanted to find out what the ingredients were and didn't dare send the ranger to the chef crafting station for fear of accidents ;) .

@"Gop.8713" said:It is odd that this one recipe doesn't unlock universally, but once unlocked all your other cooks can acquire it from the discovery panel, no need for the trip to sun's refuge . . .

Think of Gorrik's item as the first ever (and only) "recipe discovery sheet", as opposed to the usual "recipe sheet" that we are used to. It has the same effect as a single character visiting the crafting station and discovering the recipe.

Regardless of what your character does, the recipe can be discovered and rediscovered by any character on your account, once you've reached that part of the overall collection process. The "sheet" just removes the necessity from figuring out the ingredients manually (or via the wiki).

I wish ANet had just stuck with a standard recipe sheet; this way made it more confusing (even if the intent was noble).

I would have used one on Augury Rock if I realized that meta phase needed to be open, but I already sold it... Also, now that Augury Rock is on a schedule... it no longer requires waiting an arbitrary length of time depending on your map. It is no different than the world boss ones, and it is on the wiki too.

@PseudoNewb.5468 said:I would have used one on Augury Rock if I realized that meta phase needed to be open, but I already sold it... Also, now that Augury Rock is on a schedule... it no longer requires waiting an arbitrary length of time depending on your map. It is no different than the world boss ones, and it is on the wiki too.

You can make more.

• 2 years later...

I used one preemptively to skip the Vabbi leyline boss, but the other two I used were after I fell on the very last jump of Coddler's Cove and gave up in disgust, and when I got within spitting distance of the end of the Augury Rock JP and the meta timer ended, Augury Rock resealed itself and booted me out 😤 Angriest sausages I've ever thrown, lmao.