if housing was a thing on a future expansion!

I'd like to be able to have multiple houses, so my characters can all live where they want.

Although for some of them too much choice could be tricky. My weaver has always considered himself an Elonian, so in theory given the choice he'd go "back" to live on Istan. But the fact is he was born and raised in Kryta and leaving Divinity's Reach would be a big change, one I'm not sure he's really ready for.

Similar to home instances. House for every race and stuff bought/unlocked gets available for every race and you can place/decorate 5 racial houses. But each char could also visit the other instances. Only inside of the house visible. Maybe buying/unlocking the interior layout (different version). But no open world outside house plots - doesn't fit in the game.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:Why would we need a new profession to craft things when we already have scribing which crafts furniture and decorations?

Well I am already a grandmaster scribe and I craft my guild hall decorations, but it is not an cheap profession to max, nor anyone has easy access to it. It would rather be better to spread home decorations among other crafting disciplines, just like we have the tonics or utility effects. It would give a certain spice to it, having a tailor in order to craft rugs and drapes and a huntsman for chairs and beds etc.

@Krzysztof.5973 said:How about private airship for a house?

I'd forgotten about this idea! Still a really good one.

It would be a definite plus if it had some utility in future personal story, but that could be a tricky thing to achieve without an implementation nightmare. Still, it sounds interesting enough to ponder...

Hmm not a fan or even sure what purpose housing would serve, other than a quiet place to spend quality time with your in game girlfriend/ boyfriend/transgender neutral friend xxx

But I think we already have a "home" area in our home-instances: I would just like them to serve some other purpose, fun, functionality than just a place to put nodes in. Ofc the balance of any "home place" is making them slightly useful, but not too useful that players spend too long in their home instances making all the main city social areas devoid of life. Maybe we could just get a barber shop, small duelling arena, or play-pen for our minis to learn something functionally useful rather than following us around like useless lap-dogs. Oh if mini's could even CC....

Gonna preface by saying housing is a useless feature done significantly better in other games. Nothing this or any genre game can do will ever compare to dedicated house- or base-building games, to the point where playing those games instead will always yield a superior experience.

That being said: if this did exist, it doesn't make sense to limit housing to any one area or region. If anything, I'd prefer my House to be in/part of my Home (or Guild Hall).

I'd use a similiar system like the one for Guild Halls & Sun's Refuge. Different housing places all over the world, and you can claim the one you like the most based on its biome.

I'd probably choose one that has some vegetation, or a snowy place, so Kryta, Maguuma or Shiverpeaks.

@Ashantara.8731 said:In all regions, of course. Limiting it to one would be illogical.

Since we are going to have a brandnew oven placed in our home instance, I doubt we will ever get housing. It is obvious that the devs consider our home instances our housings.

Of course the region its just a generalisation on where you can have a property, also the house can give temporal boons, for example in Aion if you log out in your house you get a resting buff next time you log in into the game, the different profession can have their own unique things to add as well, like you can make a feast table(chef) on your house and everyone that interact with it can get boons from it, they can do a lot stuff with it to make fun and entretaining.

The Idea is giving us a place that we can decorate anyway we want, we can put for example trophies that have a chance to drop after killing a raid boss and so on, I think it will be a fun add to the game.

Back in the community initiative that was ANet and players workshopping ideas together that became guild halls, there was a whole sub-discussion on housing. I'll say now what I said then: I would love for robustly decoratable housing to be made available in all the game settings, and everything from a wretched small cave up to a Caudecus Manor. My alts are of all races and means and tastes, so I would like each of them to be able to claim a place of their own.

I think ESO has done it mostly right. Lots of options and sizes, apparently open world but actually instanced to the individual owner (with guest options), and completely freely placeable furniture items in a vast variety, just with a somewhat limiting cap on the number of things to place whether they be a tiny spoon or a giant tent, and no upkeep gold sinks, no loss of property if you don't happen to pay attention to it for a bit. The gold sink that sucks there, however, is the prohibitive amount of mats it takes to craft the furniture, along with your crafter needing every single crafting discipline maxed to make all the stuff. It's akin to GW2 scribing recipes. Plus the cost of buying the homes is pretty high in gold or RL cash and some of the homes can only be bought with cash. So I wouldn't say copy ESO in all things -- but the core concepts there are solid. (GW2 would also need much finer control of item placement than the guild halls currently afford).

@NigthMaremoon.7185 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:In all regions, of course. Limiting it to one would be illogical.

Since we are going to have a brandnew oven placed in our home instance, I doubt we will ever get housing. It is obvious that the devs consider our home instances our housings.

[...]The Idea is giving us a place that we can decorate anyway we want, we can put for example trophies that have a chance to drop after killing a raid boss and so on, I think it will be a fun add to the game.

I know what the idea is. I was merely stating that I doubt the devs will ever give us more than what we already have (i.e., our home instance).

When wow´s expansion warlords of dreanor launched, garrisons got a lot of hate and spite from the community, but I myself enjoyed them and think, that this concept should be used, alongside the typical features for housing.Kinda like sunspear´s refugee but with less monotonous tasks/achievments and much more ties with the story.Also it should reflect your past achievments, like the current home-instance does but it´s too static.All in all, I would like to see home-instances scrapped and something like garrisons added.

Maybe someone remembers the overlord-series ? Re-building your own tower, filling it with followers and deciding its inside interior was quite motivating.

The only MMORPG housing system is the Wildstar housing system. No others need apply; only emulate. That said, anet would never accomplish anything close to the Wildstar housing plots in their wildest dreams only because the success behind the Wildstar system was in how it allowed players to basically use a proxy for the in-engine tools in order to shrink, enlarge, rotate and freely position (even in open space) a huge number of in-game assets so that players could make huge, sprawling environments ranging from forests to diners and bars to the innards of a space vessel. Anet doesn't let any player use their in-game tools (which is why the game has so little player-generated content and fails to sustain a large population in what is effectively player-driven content like PvP, WvW and RP areas; say what you will, but apparently Wildstar was almost wholly sustained by the lattermost mentioned community during its worst times prior to its shut down). Moreover, the guild hall furnishing thing in GW2 is an absolute joke compared to a proper housing system.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

[...]The Idea is giving us a place that we can decorate anyway we want, we can put for example trophies that have a chance to drop after killing a raid boss and so on, I think it will be a fun add to the game.

I know what the idea is. I was merely stating that I doubt the devs will ever give us more than what we already have (i.e., our home instance).

At least, not until they can find a way to really monetize it. Like they did with mounts.