Upcoming Balance Notes - 10/1/2019

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Warrior's Cunning: This new trait increases damage by 25% against foes with health above 90%. Additionally, it increases damage by 50% against foes that have barrier. These bonuses do not stack.

Huge nerf to Weavers because of that! Why so big increase? Warrior even now can one-shot Weaver,
THIS CHANGE IS VERY UNHEALTHY
since weaver has a little barrier every 5-10 sec...

Make a cap, like applicable if target has more than 2000 barrier...

The extra dps vs barrier will be great to combat ele's op sustain and if u dont think they dont have crazy sustain and dps I dono what to tell u

lol warrior easily can kill ele , sustain is non existing, because 1 stunbreack, and low armor

And evades forever. As if bunker eles never existed.

lol, no, just learn to play

push weaver, he will be run out of CD pretty quickly, especially burn elestun him, he will do ToF (recharge 40 sec of 1 count)knockdown him again and finish in 1-2 sec

if your class can't stun (for necro), then just freeze him and cover by conditions, his healing and sustain will be about to ZERO then

the biggest mistake is to push weaver 15 sec and then leave him alone seeing no visible result (evade, evade, evade),then he will recharge his CD!

Lol if hes invested in any healing like mesmers and knows how to use water he'll be almost undeniable unless focused by a couple players, after three days of useing weaver I'd have the very thing happening to me lol id stall them a good while before they down me

I've encountered my fair share of bunker Weaver's while roaming to know that more than 15s is needed to wear them down, and if they are roaming they'll have the sustain and evades to draw out a fight as long as they want to.

Yup that is my experience as well

it'sa trade-off, then they have no DPS

war has both dps and sustain, and now it will be buffed

Yeah, I've hit an ele with earthshaker for 500 on a crit with full berserker stats as spellbreaker. Took a full minute to down him. I welcome anything that decreases the ability to bunker.

Look how warrior hits today to weaver under protection:

and you wanna buff him 50%?

cedc04cbe90b.png

Lmao first of all those are not standard arc, they obviously have some boons etc and or are built complete glass with those boons. Im sure a player could easily post an ele doing the same high numbers if built for it. I use the spellbreaker and core warrior pure power/strength build that does at most 5000 something on some arcs and 2000 on others, no where near these numbers.

So what? lets compare vitality and toughness on glass canon ele and glass canon war?

@Lich King.1524 said:

Warrior's Cunning: This new trait increases damage by 25% against foes with health above 90%. Additionally, it increases damage by 50% against foes that have barrier. These bonuses do not stack.

Huge nerf to Weavers because of that! Why so big increase? Warrior even now can one-shot Weaver,

The extra dps vs barrier will be great to combat ele's op sustain and if u dont think they dont have crazy sustain and dps I dono what to tell u

lol warrior easily can kill ele , sustain is non existing, because 1 stunbreack, and low armor

push weaver, he will be run out of CD pretty quickly, especially burn elestun him, he will do ToF (recharge 40 sec of 1 count)knockdown him again and finish in 1-2 sec

if your class can't stun (for necro), then just freeze him and cover by conditions, his healing and sustain will be about to ZERO then

the biggest mistake is to push weaver 15 sec and then leave him alone seeing no visible result (evade, evade, evade),then he will recharge his CD!

Lol if hes invested in any healing like mesmers and knows how to use water he'll be almost undeniable unless focused by a couple players, after three days of useing weaver I'd have the very thing happening to me lol id stall them a good while before they down me

I've encountered my fair share of bunker Weaver's while roaming to know that more than 15s is needed to wear them down, and if they are roaming they'll have the sustain and evades to draw out a fight as long as they want to.

Yeah, I've hit an ele with earthshaker for 500 on a crit with full berserker stats as spellbreaker. Took a full minute to down him. I welcome anything that decreases the ability to bunker.

cedc04cbe90b.png

Lmao first of all those are not standard arc, they obviously have some boons etc and or are built complete glass with those boons. Im sure a player could easily post an ele doing the same high numbers if built for it. I use the spellbreaker and core warrior pure power/strength build that does at most 5000 something on some arcs and 2000 on others, no where near these numbers.

So what? lets compare vitality and toughness on glass canon ele and glass canon war?

Ones a mage and ones a warrior. If u want standardization of archetypes eso is good for that. I'd rather keep mages as dps'rs or moderate dps with high sustain and warriors as fighters that can hit and take a hit as they are historically represented and being the reasoned one chooses such classes.All I'm saying is I've seen and used weaver before that has good dps and insane sustain and I'm sure by now tons of people have experienced such weaver builds as well so refuting it is silly. Yes if build for it weavers can one shot and have crazy condi bursts but just good sustain but on this builds using water attunment and the two extra dodges felt like more sustain than I've had on other glass builds.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Look how warrior hits today to weaver under protection:likand you wanna buff him 50%?

cedc04cbe90b.png

Its going toget eventually nerfed to a better value or getting a few more changes, this is just a start value, until theres more information to act, altough 50% has much i believe its a bit to much due killshot hits 10-15 on 3k armor and protection...while blocking... it will hurt more if your players dont know how to play the game, theres skill ways to cover that damage, Anet for what ic on scourge changes made them aply the barrier with more control, they need to see if its barrier its allies need or something else just like a jalis zerkers hammer rev's supporting with -50% damage, it is good on pushes and when team gets struck by a warrior bubble or located bomb , it gives time for the healpers try to take coverof depleted health and if needed send a Ventari revwith 10k+ aoe heals tablet to that zone heal and blow your tablet, if enemy warrior dont have stability its bubble will end.And no barrier was used on this example, barrier can beused for other situations but i fear gun flame warrios with their unblockables will be to much....

The only problem ic it will be Rifle warriors with 10sec unblockables, i expect 20k hits trough wall of reflection., blocks, absorbs since all are treated as BLOCK activitity.Altough ventari can blind AOE every 3 sec... so theres a way to chance couterplay if they get noticed.

Like Anet said in some class update range skills should not be doing that kind of damage....@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 ifpossible can u guys keep eyes in some skills like warrior rifle skills in certain situations they m8 be way to much with the current changes????At melee bonus i think its an interesting aproach the 50% damage on barrier players, due how game ha been basicly range fights with tons of barrier left and right, this will make players focus more as a team rather than spam key skill whenever they are free to cast.But like i said above... it can be used on range warrior rifle for a 20k+ hit... and most time range effects wont be noteceable torugh all the visual clutter.

To be fair Warriors can already do that if they go full glass cannon.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

cedc04cbe90b.png

Ones a mage and ones a warrior. If u want standardization of archetypes eso is good for that. I'd rather keep mages as dps'rs or moderate dps with high sustain and warriors as fighters that can hit and take a hit as they are historically represented and being the reasoned one chooses such classes.All I'm saying is I've seen and used weaver before that has good dps and insane sustain and I'm sure by now tons of people have experienced such weaver builds as well so refuting it is silly.

This is not an argument (archetype and bla bla bla).In fact Warrior can kill Weaver in 1 hit even today and has much higher toughness and vitality without any investment.No point to buff warrior even more.

@Lich King.1524 said:

cedc04cbe90b.png

Ones a mage and ones a warrior. If u want standardization of archetypes eso is good for that. I'd rather keep mages as dps'rs or moderate dps with high sustain and warriors as fighters that can hit and take a hit as they are historically represented and being the reasoned one chooses such classes.All I'm saying is I've seen and used weaver before that has good dps and insane sustain and I'm sure by now tons of people have experienced such weaver builds as well so refuting it is silly.

This is not an argument (archetype and bla bla bla).In fact Warrior can kill Weaver in 1 hit even today and has much higher toughness and vitality without any investment.No point to buff warrior even more.

And weaver can burst any class in seconds if built right including warriors while having a tele and 2 extra dodges blah blah, so ur point is?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

cedc04cbe90b.png

And weaver can burst any class in seconds if built right including warriors while having a tele and 2 extra dodges blah blah, so ur point is?

weaver are just broken... like warriors

but warriors a bit less atm

@Virdo.1540 said:

cedc04cbe90b.png

weaver are just broken... like warriors

but warriors a bit less atm

Warriors are very strong but they suffer do to being so strait forward and predictable

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

cedc04cbe90b.png

Stunned ele can't dodge, and ToF has 40s recharge.

For low elo players fire weaver looks dangerous, for high elo - noIf you have resistance or condition removal the fire weaver is harmless,and if you can stun/freeze you can kill him

Anyway the point is: I strongly against one-shot builds, there is no counter play if you dead instantlywarrior can do it, so the buff 50% to damage vs anyone who has barrier is wrong.

@Lich King.1524 said:

cedc04cbe90b.png

Stunned ele can't dodge, and ToF has 40s recharge.

For low elo players fire weaver looks dangerous, for high elo - noIf you have resistance or condition removal the fire weaver is harmless,and if you can stun/freeze you can kill him

Anyway the point is: I strongly against one-shot builds, there is no counter play if you dead instantlywarrior can do it, so the buff 50% to damage vs anyone who has barrier is wrong.

tbh if done right, a weaver cant be killed. With its buggy stuff it IS unstoppable

(There is a lot of heavy duty discussion going on here about how bad the new balance changes look and I don't want to distract from those necessary conversations. This is just a little side note highlighting something that personally irked me about the last so-called "balance" changes.)

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

Engineer

...Scrapper is also getting a bit of a tune-up with its hammer skills and a reduction to the vitality loss of the Impact Savant trait, which was leaving them a bit squishier than we intended for a bruiser style of play...

Ya think??? Before those changes my scrapper was a tough little hombre that I happily used for loot farming in Istan and the Silverwastes. After you introduced the "idiot savant" trait my scrapper bruised so easily and died so much more readily that I finally sidelined the poor thing and don't play it anymore. These days I generally alternate between a holo and a reaper for open world pve as well as a core rev for WvW. Please don't "balance" them into oblivion too!

P.S. Hammer? I don't need/want no stinkin' hammer! The flamethrower is one of the primary reasons I fell in love with the engineer profession in the first place. Whether I'm running a core engi, a scrapper, or a holo, +90% of my time is spent wielding the flamethrower while equipping pistols or a rifle only when I need longer ranged weapons or am facing a fire immune foe.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

cedc04cbe90b.png

Ones a mage and ones a warrior. If u want standardization of archetypes eso is good for that. I'd rather keep mages as dps'rs or moderate dps with high sustain and warriors as fighters that can hit and take a hit as they are historically represented and being the reasoned one chooses such classes.All I'm saying is I've seen and used weaver before that has good dps and insane sustain and I'm sure by now tons of people have experienced such weaver builds as well so refuting it is silly. Yes if build for it weavers can one shot and have crazy condi bursts but just good sustain but on this builds using water attunment and the two extra dodges felt like more sustain than I've had on other glass builds.

Following the idea of archetypes...the GW2 warrior deal too much dmg while having way above average levels of mobility and immunity...on top of that you have the most OP elite in the game, do you really think the warrior would keep same levels of dmg and sustain and mobility if everything else get hard nerfed?

@Arheundel.6451 said:

cedc04cbe90b.png

Following the idea of archetypes...the GW2 warrior deal too much dmg while having way above average levels of mobility and immunity...on top of that you have the most OP elite in the game, do you really think the warrior would keep same levels of dmg and sustain and mobility if everything else get hard nerfed?

No. If everything was hard nerfed than warrior would follow as well. Right now gw2 combat is based around immobilizing,stunning, dazing followed by burst that's either delete 75 % of you're hp if not 100% if glass. The builds and rotational bursts every player sets up for have the least amount of counter play possible as the goal. It's basically spam ur rotation first style and if ur burst goes through first u win. Yes there are some counter measures but they are far outweighed by options to almost make the counter measures useless. In my subjective opinion it's not only the dps and sustain that needs a hard nerf but also skills and more importantly what they accomplish. No skill should force a players skills to be on cooldown effectively rendering them without counterplay and yes I understand there are countermeasures but when in a fight by the time after pressing a skill a few times to realize it's been forced on cooldown ur already dead due to this games insane small ttk ratio. Some burst if initiated properly u may as well just let go of ur mouse and kb because any counter measures that would have been effected will be to little to late. A player can be chained imobilizes and stunned by two players while one just bursts u in seconds. This is just an example but this is what new player of gw2 pvp experience and why longer time players boast about the great fight mechanics yet the pvp keeps declining and is a joke to other people u play pvp in other modes. I've talked 7 people into gw2 pvp and a few took awhile to convince and all 7 didnt make it past the one week mark lol literally were like wtf is this and left. No new players going to stick around long in this mmo's version of pvp being what it is if when they give it a try their being insta burst to death in seconds after being imobilizes, stunned and feeling helpless. 1v1 wouldnt be bad but 5v5 u use ur counters until another opponent comes useing the same strategy and now ur helpless to their stuns and imobilizes etc and just eat the bursts yay to what counter play u had lol. They won't enjoy the time learning to pvp and they won't feel like if once learned I'd be very rewarding for them anyway if that's how the fights go.This game needs a huge depowercreep as well as a overhaul to the actual mechanics that can be used in the game to create way less of a cheese type combat interaction cuz this game tops them all lol.

I never bothered to give my two cents here so far but there are two things that really disturb me.

The first being the loss of IP for chrono. Take distortion for all I care on CS too, so we only have it traited on signets but PLEASE give illusionary persona back. People already mentioned how clunky it is. Aside from wvw and pvp chrono completely vanished from fractals, where fb and ren are already dominating, who shit out their boons instantly.

The second being the lockout of toolbelts on holo. Please use PBM as grandmaster trait to bypass this. I just want my old rifle Build (god i love the Burst rotation) back. Sword can do more damage for all I care with ESCU but this build is just unfun to play. There is almost no utility, the cc is just bad (not even shield makes up for it). Even a weaver does more cc now with shorter cds while dealing more damage and not having to worry about overheating (and loosing 50% hp, next to the dps loss) or loosing too much heat in Split phases or whatever.So please I dont know how much effort it would be but I am sure that many PVE holo players would thank you for that.

In best regards

A sad holo/chrono player

Akesi Xuni is the elite specialisation mentor for Scourge, when in dialogue with her she says:'We've refined our art beyond what Joko taught us. Most necromancers defend themselves with their own lifeforce. It seems contrary to me. We use shades instead.''An extension of our power, allowing us to affect the near and far, casting spells from both ourselves and our shades. They're versatile, able to protect allies and attack foes.'

Casting spells from the shades and yourself is basically the core mechanic of Scourge, it's part of their identity. I don't know why you have chosen to do remove this core mechanic, is to force me into melee range??? Are you nerfing this because of some other reason like the power build of scourge??? No reason i can think of are acceptable to make such a drastic chance to the fundamentals of a class, the scourge spec is only very strong in certain niche situations like if you can epidemic or you play with pugs that die a lot or in WVW for boonstrip/barrier spam. You haven't nerfed any of these infact you doubled the boonstrip/barrier potential in WVW.

PS If you push these changes through are you going the change what Akesi Xuni says, as the spec she talks about will be significantly different than the one we will have.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Look how warrior hits today to weaver under protection:likand you wanna buff him 50%?

cedc04cbe90b.png

Its going toget eventually nerfed to a better value or getting a few more changes, this is just a start value, until theres more information to act, altough 50% has much i believe its a bit to much due killshot hits 10-15 on 3k armor and protection...while blocking... it will hurt more if your players dont know how to play the game, theres skill ways to cover that damage, Anet for what ic on scourge changes made them aply the barrier with more control, they need to see if its barrier its allies need or something else just like a jalis zerkers hammer rev's supporting with -50% damage, it is good on pushes and when team gets struck by a warrior bubble or located bomb , it gives time for the healpers try to take coverof depleted health and if needed send a Ventari revwith 10k+ aoe heals tablet to that zone heal and blow your tablet, if enemy warrior dont have stability its bubble will end.And no barrier was used on this example, barrier can beused for other situations but i fear gun flame warrios with their unblockables will be to much....

The only problem ic it will be Rifle warriors with 10sec unblockables, i expect 20k hits trough wall of reflection., blocks, absorbs since all are treated as BLOCK activitity.Altough ventari can blind AOE every 3 sec... so theres a way to chance couterplay if they get noticed.

Like Anet said in some class update range skills should not be doing that kind of damage....@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 ifpossible can u guys keep eyes in some skills like warrior rifle skills in certain situations they m8 be way to much with the current changes????At melee bonus i think its an interesting aproach the 50% damage on barrier players, due how game ha been basicly range fights with tons of barrier left and right, this will make players focus more as a team rather than spam key skill whenever they are free to cast.But like i said above... it can be used on range warrior rifle for a 20k+ hit... and most time range effects wont be noteceable torugh all the visual clutter.

To be fair Warriors can already do that if they go full glass cannon.

yes u know they can, but now everything will hit 50% more damage with rifle and 25% due helth being at max :P it will be super crazy and with the unblockable uptime its nuts :pensive:Maybe if Anet alowed this buff to occur on with melee skill at melee range for warrior it would be more fair, rather i can pull rifle autos with more damage now :expressionless: .

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

cedc04cbe90b.png

A glass warrior has almost 10k more HP than glass ele with higher armor and 8 seconds immunity from endure pain+zerker stance, so let's spare this dumb idea that glas warriors are just as fragile as fragile eles, because the fact is eles can't run glass because a single backstab or eviscerate will down them while it won't do the same to the warrior, revenant, or ranger.

The only higher HP class that cannot run zerker is necromancer because their sustain is absolutely atrocious. Death shroud drains faster than they can generate, their self heals are garbage and on long cd's, and their damage mitigation is inferior to blocks/evade immune spam that other zerker abusers like warrior/thief/guardian can run.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Necromancer

The Death Magic specialization has had a significant rework this update, revolving around a new effect and various means of gaining additional defense while bringing together a more cohesive set of playstyles. The scourge elite specialization has also undergone a significant change such that its shade skills will only fire around them when they do NOT have a shade up. If they do have a shade present, then those skills will happen around their summoned sand shades. Alongside this change, the scourge and each sand shade now affect an increased number of targets by default, which can be increased further through the use of the grandmaster trait Sand Savant. This change leans into the dependence a scourge has on their unique elite specialization mechanic, shades, and opens up the specialization to future potential improvements across its kit. This change creates a choice between whether scourges expose themselves to some melee risk but charge in to affect foes around them, or whether they hang back and summon a shade near their foe and are unable to affect themselves with shade abilities (unless they also place one on their own location). We'll be keeping a close eye on the results of this change and making adjustments accordingly.

• Scourge: Shade skills no longer affect the area around the scourge while they have a shade present in the world. Increased the number of targets affected by shade skills from 3 to 5.
  • Manifest Sand Shade: The duration of sand shades in WvW and PvP has been increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
  • Minion Summoning Skills: Fixed a bug that could allow minions to persist after the skill was unequipped.
  • Oppressive Collapse: This skill now requires line of sight.
  • Feast of Corruption: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW. The existing split of corrupting 2 boons in PvP has been brought to WvW as well. This skill continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE. This skill now queues behind other skills rather than interrupting them.
  • Devouring Darkness: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW. The existing split of corrupting 2 boons in PvP has been brought to WvW as well. This skill continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE. This skill now queues behind other skills rather than interrupting them.
  • Grasping Darkness: Fixed an issue that could cause the claw effect to pop out of existence before the skill completed. Removed misleading legendary projectile effects from this skill due to it not being a projectile.
  • Blood Bond: Fixed a bug that caused this trait to heal the necromancer when it activated.
  • Sand Savant: Increased the number of targets affected by the larger shade from 2 to 5 so that it now affects up to 10 targets.
  • Death Magic: This trait line has been reworked. Many traits now revolve around a new effect called Death's Carapace that increases toughness by 20 for each stack up to a maximum of 30 stacks. Death's Carapace stacks are applied for 10 seconds from all traits except Flesh of the Master.
    • Minor:
      • Armored Shroud: This trait now gives 5 stacks of Death's Carapace when entering shroud.
      • Soul Comprehension: In addition to its previous effects, this trait now also grants 1 stack of Death's Carapace for each kill the necromancer participates in.
      • Beyond the Veil: This trait has been reworked. It now reduces condition damage by 10% while the necromancer has at least 10 stacks of Death's Carapace.
    • Adept:
      • Flesh of the Master: Instead of granting armor for each minion, this trait now causes the necromancer's minions to grant them 2 Death's Carapace stacks as long as the minions are alive.
      • Putrid Defense: This trait has changed positions and its functionality has changed. It now causes poison to deal 15% more damage and grants 1 Death's Carapace stack when applying poison.
      • Shrouded Removal: This trait has changed positions. In addition to its previous effects, it now grants 3 Death's Carapace stacks when a condition is removed.
    • Master:
      • Necromantic Corruption: This trait is unchanged.
      • Dark Defiance: This trait is unchanged.
      • Deadly Strength: This trait has been reworked. It now causes Death's Carapace to grant an additional 10 power per stack.
    • Grandmaster:
      • Death Nova: Updated skill facts and description. Updated attack name from Lesser Poison Cloud to Poison Nova in order to indicate that it has different behavior from Corrosive Poison Cloud. Fixed an issue that caused this trait to use the minion's stats instead of the necromancer's. Fixed various issues that caused this trait to behave inconsistently with certain minions. Increased damage by 60% in PvE only.
      • Corrupter's Fervor: This trait has been reworked. It now grants 1 Death's Carapace stack when applying any condition. Additionally, at 25 Death's Carapace stacks or above, the necromancer gains pulsing protection for 3 seconds every 3 seconds.
      • Unholy Sanctuary: This trait is unchanged.

I see you're making this go live despite multiple top players in spvp telling you guys that these changes will cripple Necro in top tier play.Sad.

@"Sojourner.4621" said:

By making the necro pulse zero of the sand shade skills on itself once a shade is placed, it forces you to choose between support and damage rather than getting both at once all the time with no effort. At BEST you can place two small shades away and one next to you but it still won't provide near the damage or support that big shade bombs did in WvW previously. And for the condi builds, you have to invest pretty heavily in to condi damage, which means you're not taking the barrier skills. This is a definite step in the right direction.

I wish people who say things like this actually played Scourge in PvP, and actually understood how bad this change is for the elite Spec. Having a choice =/= a good thing. What are the choices?Option A: DPS from range with your shade but have 0 defenses and get instakilled by a Thief, Rev, Holo, or Mesmer, or anything else if they decide to gank you (and they will - you're a Necro, and now, you're a Necro with 0 defenses).....

Counter argument: "place two shades! One on top of you, one at range." -------- This isn't an option if you're in PvP, you'll be dead by staying around your little shade instead of kiting away. Not only that, but what kind of clunky shit is that?End result: dead.

Option B: Don't use shades so that you get to keep your defenses (F-skills), but be forced into melee to deal DPS, in which case you get wrecked because you're going melee as a Necro and if you stay at range, you'll have no DPS.Counter argument: Then don't go melee, just sit at range without using your profession mechanic and use your weapon skills and utilizies instead. -----No explanation needed of how bad this argument is.End result: dead / dead-weight.

The choices you have are both bad. Choosing between bad option A or bad option B doesn't make things any better when both choices are kitten. And trust me, there is no good way around this, no silver lining - I would have thought of it already :s

I'll be honest and say I don't know what most of the changes are or what affect they'll ultimately have. I'm still quite a beginner and tend to only play limited styles in even fewer classes. I'm terrible at building specs and theory crafting so the majority of this goes right over my head. All of that said, given the amount of public outcry and negative feedback I've been reading lately, I'd have to say Anet would be much better off if they pull back and re-evaluate most (if not all) of their choices while there are people still willing to play this game.

For the last three months I've been struggling finding a main. Before anyone jumps on me and says this game isn't meant for mains but lots of alts, I need to make something clear. I have neither the time nor the inclination to have a bunch of characters. For starters I only have five character slots and will never buy another as it should be sufficient for my needs. There is still so much for me to experience (Core, LW2-4, HoT, PoF and the new thing that's just been released) and I don't want to do it across multiple characters. I want one character that I can take on the journey, grow as a player, and experience everything with.

So far, I've managed to cap an Elementalist, Mesmer and Ranger. I've played a Thief (level 33), with the sole purpose of doing the first three chapters of the Sylvari personal story (mains are human) for the achievements and experience. I've tried a Norn Guardian (level 33) but the plate look is incredibly off-putting and I can't enjoy it. Despite being a clothy, and my favorite type of armor, Necromancer is a bust. The highest level one I ever had (other than the demo in Silverwaste before expending a token) was 31. I deleted her because I was bored. The one after that made it to 24 and minions before suffering the same fate. The 31 had no minions.

Because I still need a Charr and Asura for my personal story achievements, I tried a Charr Warrior just because. Made it to level 7 before I was completely bored and tired of the animations and class. I know, it didn't even have all of the skills on a weapon/weapon set then, but it just wasn't fun at all. The same thing has happened to my level 6 Asuran Revenant that's sitting on my account from three days ago. I'm sure I can find more fun classes for those two races for the storylines so I'm not concerned with that.

I know I'm rambling, but there's one last thing left to say.

Of the three classes I've capped, only the Mesmer has actually made it pass the original eight chapters of the game. The Ranger is on chapter 7 and the Elementalist still hasn't done Claw Island. I can't really get myself to play much these days with the impending doom of 'rebalancing' and whatever snake oil Anet wants to try to feed us. I was actually looking forward to trying Chrono on my Mesmer only for that last update to wreck it, taking away my clone-less shatters which I like being able to do. Despite loving the elemental feel and theme, I find myself in melee most of the time which I don't particularly care for.

Like I said above, I tend to play limited weapon styles within a given class. Call me a newb if you like, it's not like it isn't true.

Ranger: Longbow, Ax/WarhornMesmer: Greatsword, Scepter/PistolElementalist: Dagger/Dagger

The Ranger is also a Soulbeast and that's actually been pretty cool despite the fact I haven't done anything with her the last few weeks. Guess I got bored with the bow and not having something tank for me caused problems. Yes yes, get good and stop relying on cheezy tanking/ranged mechanics. Might wind up going back to that character, not sure yet. I know I wouldn't be going sword/dagger or anything like that, though greatsword on switch might be okay once in awhile.

The Elementalist has been a disaster. It was kind of fun leveling her with dagger/dagger but now that she's 80 and has both Tempest and Weaver specializations, neither of which I find all that interesting or fun to play, I realize I would be stuck playing core which would never work very effectively. (In my limited knowledge, maybe I'm wrong) Besides, low health, low armor, melee, just bad for someone like me who's not very good at this game.

The Mesmer (Mirage) has been holding my interest lately and I managed to actually get through two LW2 chapters with her the last couple of days. I'm sure she could be a lot better even as power than what I've done. In the name of having a decent health pool and semi-survivability (last chapter I did in LW2 seemed to point out I don't survive very well), she has 25k health, marauder's armor and vampiric runes for the life leech/10% health bonus. I likely need to change a lot of her gear.

Guess I'm just worried I'll never find a class that I completely like, like I did in WoW with the Druid. I could do everything, all four roles, and I enjoyed it for years until Battle for Azeroth sucked the fun out of it for me. I've already dealt with an incompetent balance team in Blizzard. I had high hopes Anet was better at it, but it looks like that's not the case based on everything I've been reading in these forums.

Still, here's hoping positive changes come soon.

-Jenny

I forgot to note in my little rant on Crippling throw being removed from Ranger Greatsword one specific thing; Ranger all a sudden losing part of its identity and losing ability to use the trait [Predator's Onslaught] Effectively. didnt realize until now that self sufficient usage of this trait goes down quite a bit with the loss of crippling throw also. I guess the shining part to this however is it shifts people to using sword more but thats kind of restricting...

@"SerenNovah.2510" said:The changes for Ranger sound so good especially since I've started using GS a lot now. I have been relying a lot on that auto-evade in the chain sequence for skill 1, but it sounds like it's being changed to give more control and opportuninty of evading. I won't know how well that works until I can test it.

The skill 4 change sounds great especially the increase of targets knocked back, but the only thing I'm curious about is whether I can still block multiple ranged attacks and projectiles during its duration or if it will only block one and then disable the blocking animation?

You can Even block multiple melee attacks with old gs4 If you turn away from target and keep jumping...

@"MethaneGas.8357" said:

I wish people who say things like this actually played Scourge in PvP, and actually understood how bad this change is for the elite Spec. Having a choice =/= a good thing. What are the choices?Option A: DPS from range with your shade but have 0 defenses and get instakilled by a Thief, Rev, Holo, or Mesmer, or anything else if they decide to gank you (and they will - you're a Necro, and now, you're a Necro with 0 defenses).....

Counter argument: "place two shades! One on top of you, one at range." -------- This isn't an option if you're in PvP, you'll be dead by staying around your little shade instead of kiting away. Not only that, but what kind of clunky kitten is that?End result: dead.Plus, scourge has very little access to stability. So even if you try standing in your shade, the next pull / knockback will get you out of the shade. So, still dead, just a second delayed.So much for "tactical" play.

Option B: Don't use shades so that you get to keep your defenses (F-skills), but be forced into melee to deal DPS, in which case you get wrecked because you're going melee as a Necro and if you stay at range, you'll have no DPS.Counter argument: Then don't go melee, just sit at range without using your profession mechanic and use your weapon skills and utilizies instead. -----No explanation needed of how bad this argument is.End result: dead / dead-weight.Yep. And don't we have Reaper for melee anyway? Why would we chose to play Scourge if the only option was melee?

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@Jasonbdj.4021 said:RIP scourge, ANet did the opposite that people asked for nerfing it in PvE and PvP more but buffed in WvW.

It's not buffed in WvW. Its damage at a range is... sorta buffed because it hits more people. However, what made scourge truly bad in WvW was the fact that it was able to support its sub squad with barrier pulses from sand shade at the same time as dealing all of its damage. It did all the DPS with absolutely zero sacrifice in utility. I specifically ran a power burst blood/barrier scourge that did easily 20-30k aoe damage bursts while still applying barrier to my entire havoc. THIS is what made them broken in WvW... HOWEVER... most of that barrier came from sand shade pulses of some kind.

By making the necro pulse zero of the sand shade skills on itself once a shade is placed, it forces you to choose between support and damage rather than getting both at once all the time with no effort. At BEST you can place two small shades away and one next to you but it still won't provide near the damage or support that big shade bombs did in WvW previously. And for the condi builds, you have to invest pretty heavily in to condi damage, which means you're not taking the barrier skills. This is a definite step in the right direction.

Umm, its a MASSIVE WvW buff... as should and will become painfully obvious to everyone with any lingering doubts within a couple hours of changes being released