Upcoming Balance Notes - 10/1/2019

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

I would change Warrior's Cunning's second line to:Deal 50% more damage against targets with barrier, but the bonus damage can go only up to the amount of barrier they have.

This would:

• Give the Warrior the ability to be a barrier breaker.
  • Not screw over poor non-power scrappers who get their 50 barrier from autoattacking and then are hit for 15k.
  • Not introduce another possibly gamebreaking power bonus like from Sic'em

It might be difficult to implement since the bonus damage would have to be calculated first (and destroy the barrier), thenthe normal damage would have to be applied.

@Fuzdom.6493 said:Always nerfing to please them pvp folks.Should totally give them pvp folks a server of their own.

Should give them pvp folks a base template and points to allocate for the classes.

Why yalls have to go and mess with my LONG BOW ranger? GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Longbow ranger is not a PvP issue tho ! it was only when sick'em wasn't adressed yet. but this time it's totally a call from WvW

@"Asum.4960" said:

In my experience, having played both and many other's, Scourge takes a lot more skill than Holo and such.Not in terms of skill activations, but because Necro just doesn't have many good tools there aside from damage, so just in terms of positioning in which regard it's probably the most tactics intensive thing to play.

While other classes get plentiful get out of jail free cards, be it full directional blocks, Invulnerability, burst movement, blocks, stealth and on and on, coupled with ridiculous resustain, when you get focused/stunlocked as Necro, you are dead.So rather than being able to rather brainlessly charge in with those tools and spam CC while nuking everything down, you already needed to position yourself incredibly carefully and kite around to not get deleted instantly.

Shade around Scourge was the bare minimum of counter pressure available should let's say a Thief shadowstep on you to start tearing you apart, along with pretty much everything else having vastly superior mobility to catch you off guard.

To say Scourges need to use their brain just now is both ignorant and wrong.They had to before, but now there isn't really anything to use their brain on left, as when they get jumped, they are just straight up dead with no counterplay.

To suggest the Scourge could just "tactically" place down a Shade to stand in while attacking from range with how much a Scourge needs to kite around terrain and be in constant movement is a joke too. And by the time someone jumps on a Scourge, they will be CC'ed and dead before they can even think about placing a Shade.

Seeing Necros on the enemy team was already satisfying to me, knowing I could just easily tear them apart as long as I baited them to waste the Shroud around them. Now Scourge is just a genuine free kill.

I have to agree here. I have played all of the classes and I quit playing Scourge because there are no re-positioning tools, if you screw up even once you are dead and useless. I have more deaths on my scourge than on all of my other toons combined. So I just stopped playing scourge and moved to classes where I could re-position quickly. It is absolutely not a face roll class in WvW. In fact I would argue that because of it's lack of mobility it is the least "face roll" of the classes that I've played. I agree that the condi spam and absolute zone control provided by Scourge was a real pain especially in close quarters but it was a harder class to play.

I admit, I played Blood Scourge and I wasn't good at positioning. I managed to live longer and play better as Tempest and FB because of the ability to re-position Scourge/Necro have no re-positioning tools, if you are not immediately in the right place you are dead.

I also agree that the insane amounts of scourges with tons and tons of shades was a pain because of the zone control they offered to WvW and we all agreed that something needed to change. But, I am sad that instead of these changes being a WvW only set they are going to hit PVE as well. I am also disappointed that instead of compensating the Necro for taking away sustain (again) by adding re-positioning to the kit they are taking a class that has to think about placement and positioning and add more "think about whether you want to place things and whether or not you can move fast enough to avoid the oncoming zerg".

Playing Necro in PVE however is fun, but it has traditionally been unwelcome in most late game groups (raids/fractals etc). It was nice to finally be considered "helpful" in the late game content and I am sad to find out that the class is going to no longer be useful in late game PVE anymore. I really do think it's time for GW2 to start recognizing that PVE and WvW/sPvP want different things than PVE. They need to separate it and they need to really focus on what each class is meant to do then optimize it for that vs playing whack a mole.

This whole thread is just one big circlejerk lolIts so fun seeing ppl cry about scrappers, necros whine about their shades, ppl bashing on warrior, eles saying that they get oneshot by everything and their grandma.

And the patch isnt even out yet, thats the funniest part, why cant you just wait for it to roll out?

@Ferelwing.8463 said:

@"Asum.4960" said:

In my experience, having played both and many other's, Scourge takes a lot more skill than Holo and such.Not in terms of skill activations, but because Necro just doesn't have many good tools there aside from damage, so just in terms of positioning in which regard it's probably the most tactics intensive thing to play.

While other classes get plentiful get out of jail free cards, be it full directional blocks, Invulnerability, burst movement, blocks, stealth and on and on, coupled with ridiculous resustain, when you get focused/stunlocked as Necro, you are dead.So rather than being able to rather brainlessly charge in with those tools and spam CC while nuking everything down, you already needed to position yourself incredibly carefully and kite around to not get deleted instantly.

Shade around Scourge was the bare minimum of counter pressure available should let's say a Thief shadowstep on you to start tearing you apart, along with pretty much everything else having vastly superior mobility to catch you off guard.

To say Scourges need to use their brain just now is both ignorant and wrong.They had to before, but now there isn't really anything to use their brain on left, as when they get jumped, they are just straight up dead with no counterplay.

To suggest the Scourge could just "tactically" place down a Shade to stand in while attacking from range with how much a Scourge needs to kite around terrain and be in constant movement is a joke too. And by the time someone jumps on a Scourge, they will be CC'ed and dead before they can even think about placing a Shade.

Seeing Necros on the enemy team was already satisfying to me, knowing I could just easily tear them apart as long as I baited them to waste the Shroud around them. Now Scourge is just a genuine free kill.

I have to agree here. I have played all of the classes and I quit playing Scourge because there are no re-positioning tools, if you screw up even once you are dead and useless. I have more deaths on my scourge than on all of my other toons combined. So I just stopped playing scourge and moved to classes where I could re-position quickly. It is absolutely not a face roll class in WvW. In fact I would argue that because of it's lack of mobility it is the least "face roll" of the classes that I've played. I agree that the condi spam and absolute zone control provided by Scourge was a real pain especially in close quarters but it was a harder class to play.

And to you i can just say that you are blatantly lying, take a look at fleshwurm, spectral walk, sand swell and finally trail of anguish, those are all repositioning tools, 3 of them being teleports

Good.Ranger nerf wasn't quite enough IMO. Nerf rapid fire. Thief needs a much harsher nerf as well. No class should be able to permanently maintain anything, much less stealth. Get rid of Stealth stacking and just apply a longer initial Stealth. Tired of all the 1-shot builds in WvW that require no skill to play what-so-ever. Anyone can put a zerker set together and hide in the shadows and spam 1 or 2 skills and I'm not saying it's a bad thing to play simple builds, I'm saying it shouldn't kill people instantly. PvP in general needs major restructuring. The only thing that's upsetting is that these changes also affect PvE which IMO is completely unnecessary. If you're going to do changes, separate them from PvE more. I don't understand why you always have to make global changes to most skills when it causes you to just break good PvE builds. I have no opinion on Scourge as I don't play one.

@RedShark.9548 said:This whole thread is just one big kitten lolIts so fun seeing ppl cry about scrappers, necros whine about their shades, ppl bashing on warrior, eles saying that they get oneshot by everything and their grandma.

And the patch isnt even out yet, thats the funniest part, why cant you just wait for it to roll out?

@"Asum.4960" said:

And to you i can just say that you are blatantly lying, take a look at fleshwurm, spectral walk, sand swell and finally trail of anguish, those are all repositioning tools, 3 of them being teleports

.... You return back to your "initial position" not to a different position ie: the direction your entire zerg went to vs say when I play ele and I just mist form directly to where my team went or as a firebrand where I use merciful intervention to shadowstep to my closest ally and provide "healing". Spectral walk is a tether, it takes me precisely back to where I started from when I initially cast it. While I suppose on a "technicality" you could call it a re positioning tool, and under some circumstances it could be useful.. IE: I cast it before the zerg starts the fight and then I use it's ability because my zerg ran towards the exact location I was when I cast it. Because it only takes you to the precise place you were when you cast it, in reality it's not a particularly useful one. Fleshwurm is the same skill as spectral walk, I guess it could be used if you're doing jumping puzzles? In WvW though, spectral walk and fleshwurm are super telegraphed and easy to counter. So why you'd recommend that? Not sure, also why Necro has 2 of the exact same mechanic I have no idea either, but there ya go. Sand swell, is a short range portal that doesn't even compare to any other portal, I could see a basic argument for using it but due to the short range of it and the whole "condi-spam" problem of other classes plus the massive aoe's (which scourges contribute to) again, it's not really as viable except when you're running to somewhere. Yes, it allows short "re positioning" but it has to be within a certain range and when you're in a zerg you're rarely running it, you use trail of anguish instead because it offers stab and speed. Out of all the skills mentioned only trail of anguish is really useful.

But yeah sure, I guess on a technicality you could remotely call the other two "teleports". Do I use them? Did I use them? Not really because I was usually dead before then but again that boils down to my lack of skill at proper positioning when playing a necro vs being able to do the same as my firebrand or ele. I have better skills and more leeway with those two classes. I spent a lot of time dead as a necro. My experience of course isn't the only experience out there and I'm 100% sure there are necro's out there who did not have the problems I did but, saying a class is a "faceroll" class because it has AOE spam ignores the skill of the people who had to focus on their rotations and positioning. Scourge isn't an "easy beginner class" to play in wvw unless perhaps you've already played classes that had even more tricky rotations and positioning issues... I suppose if that's your experience then perhaps I could see it being "easy" or "faceroll".

@Ferelwing.8463 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:This whole thread is just one big kitten lolIts so fun seeing ppl cry about scrappers, necros whine about their shades, ppl bashing on warrior, eles saying that they get oneshot by everything and their grandma.

@"Asum.4960" said:

.... You return back to your "initial position" not to a different position ie: the direction your entire zerg went to vs say when I play ele and I just mist form directly to where my team went or as a firebrand where I use merciful intervention to shadowstep to my closest ally and provide "healing". Spectral walk is a tether, it takes me precisely back to where I started from when I initially cast it. While I suppose on a "technicality" you could call it a re positioning tool, and under some circumstances it could be useful.. IE: I cast it before the zerg starts the fight and then I use it's ability because my zerg ran towards the exact location I was when I cast it. Because it only takes you to the precise place you were when you cast it, in reality it's not a particularly useful one. Fleshwurm is the same skill as spectral walk, I guess it could be used if you're doing jumping puzzles? In WvW though, spectral walk and fleshwurm are super telegraphed and easy to counter. So why you'd recommend that? Not sure, also why Necro has 2 of the exact same mechanic I have no idea either, but there ya go. Sand swell, is a short range portal that doesn't even compare to any other portal, I could see a basic argument for using it but due to the short range of it and the whole "condi-spam" problem of other classes plus the massive aoe's (which scourges contribute to) again, it's not really as viable except when you're running to somewhere. Yes, it allows short "re positioning" but it has to be within a certain range and when you're in a zerg you're rarely running it, you use trail of anguish instead because it offers stab and speed. Out of all the skills mentioned only trail of anguish is really useful.

But yeah sure, I guess on a technicality you could remotely call the other two "teleports". Do I use them? Did I use them? Not really because I was usually dead before then but again that boils down to my lack of skill at proper positioning when playing a necro vs being able to do the same as my firebrand or ele. I have better skills and more leeway with those two classes. I spent a lot of time dead as a necro. My experience of course isn't the only experience out there and I'm 100% sure there are necro's out there who did not have the problems I did but, saying a class is a "faceroll" class because it has AOE spam ignores the skill of the people who had to focus on their rotations and positioning. Scourge isn't an "easy beginner class" to play in wvw unless perhaps you've already played classes that had even more tricky rotations and positioning issues... I suppose if that's your experience then perhaps I could see it being "easy" or "faceroll".

yikes dude, ill just leave this here (even with timestamp), see for yourself how to use those things, this guy has more videos were he showcases ityour answer shows that you did not put alot of time into the class, or rly tried, you just gave up.spectral walk and fleshwurm are completely different, this just shows that you never even tried fleshwurm, i assume you think its cast on the position where you are standing ? WRONG, it can be cast anywhere in a 1200 range

(edit: timestamp for some reason doesnt work, go to 3:44min)

@"Lich King.1524" said:Dear Arenanet, the buf 50% damage to Warrior against targets with a barrier is unhealthy idea.

Look how Warrior hits weaver with protection today. And you want to increase it by 50%?

https://b.radikal.ru/b10/1909/a9/cedc04cbe90b.png

May suggest to apply 50% of damage increase to the size of barrier only if you still want to buff Warrior

So you got hit by a full glass cannon and are surprised?

@Robert Gee.9246 said:Just wanted to jump in to address a few questions and comments I've seen popping up frequently in relation to these update notes:

Why does Function Gyro die when CCed?Destruction on CC allows other players to counter the skill just like they would counter a normal stomp or res attempt. There is no point to the gyro existing after being interrupted as we don't feel it's fair for it to attempt multiple stomps or reses. This has been the functionality since the rework but we are clarifying it in the upcoming update because players are under the mistaken assumption that Function Gyro has low health and armor. The Function Gyro has 18k health and 1.3k armor. (A level 80 Elementalist in ascended armor with no bonus toughness or vitality has about 12k health 1.9k armor.)

If it's destroyed it doesn't allow a player to rally off of that destruction, correct? Asking because had encountered that in the past and even the other player stopped to ask me if they had just rallied of the gyro. Granted that was a number of patches back and haven't seen that reproduced.

@santso.9201 said:

@"SerenNovah.2510" said:The changes for Ranger sound so good especially since I've started using GS a lot now. I have been relying a lot on that auto-evade in the chain sequence for skill 1, but it sounds like it's being changed to give more control and opportuninty of evading. I won't know how well that works until I can test it.

The skill 4 change sounds great especially the increase of targets knocked back, but the only thing I'm curious about is whether I can still block multiple ranged attacks and projectiles during its duration or if it will only block one and then disable the blocking animation?

You can Even block multiple melee attacks with old gs4 If you turn away from target and keep jumping...

Lol I have to try that!

@"Lich King.1524" said:Dear Arenanet, the buf 50% damage to Warrior against targets with a barrier is unhealthy idea.

Look how Warrior hits weaver with protection today. And you want to increase it by 50%?

https://b.radikal.ru/b10/1909/a9/cedc04cbe90b.png

May suggest to apply 50% of damage increase to the size of barrier only if you still want to buff Warrior

That screen doesnt say anything, we dont even know what stats you were using, probably something glassy aswell.

That warrior was definately full glassHe was running berserker traitline ofcArms for signet mastery and 100%crit on burstAnd id say discipline for faster weaponswaps, some other dmg multipliers and probably burst mastery

Now tell me which traitline he should sacrifice for tactics, just to get that unreliable dmg increase?? One which does nothing to ppl who dont have barrier.The dmg multipliers in other traitlines are much more reliable than that.

Also that guy is running signet of might and probably precision too, to get his adrenalin up. If you dodge his burst he basically has nothing left, and not even defensive utilities equipped.

All interesting talk about the best interest of unhealthy changes, will continue to go to deaf ears in tomorrow's patch

So my question to those whose against unhealthy changes, what will you do next? continue to waste your time once more to not be cared for? or to find someone who actually cares about your best interests?

The choice is yours

' If You Don't Care About Your Customer Best Interest, Then You Won't Listen To ThemIf You Won't Listen To Them, Than Someone Else Will Value Them'

I want you guys to know that, someone out there cares for healthy competition

You Deserve To Know This

@RedShark.9548 said:

That screen doesnt say anything, we dont even know what stats you were using, probably something glassy aswell.

That warrior was definately full glassHe was running berserker traitline ofcArms for signet mastery and 100%crit on burstAnd id say discipline for faster weaponswaps, some other dmg multipliers and probably burst mastery

Now tell me which traitline he should sacrifice for tactics, just to get that unreliable dmg increase?? One which does nothing to ppl who dont have barrier.The dmg multipliers in other traitlines are much more reliable than that.

Also that guy is running signet of might and probably precision too, to get his adrenalin up. If you dodge his burst he basically has nothing left, and not even defensive utilities equipped.

I'll point out that Warrior's Cunning does do two separate things, it is also 25% when the target is over 90% health, which may proc more than once per fight, so it isn't entirely useless versus non barrier users.

As to which traitline to give up, for full YOLO mode? Probably Discipline. Even more YOLO would be Strength instead of Arms. A more balanced version would be Discipline along with Tactics though, that would work well with a rifle on backup for a weapon with 2 immobs on it with Leg Specialist from Tactics.

Warrior's Cunning: This new trait increases damage by 25% against foes with health above 90%. Additionally, it increases damage by 50% against foes that have barrier. These bonuses do not stack. WTF, with this they totally displace the elementalist, scourge, and scrapper of PvP and WvW, since granting a barrier or applying it would be a 50% increase in damage to the enemy.  With respect to the necro only, for 2 years they have only removed damage and corruption without applying improvements in return, it is the only profession without arms mobility, and with only 3 mobilities in support, which are limited, lacks invulnerabilities, evasion, blocking (only the poisonous corrosive cloud that is not used because it is fixed), projectile reflection, invisibility, good stability, dark steps, when the rest of professions have almost everything mentioned. Almost all damage and weapons support skills have about 1 second of application, against, for example, those of a thief who are instantaneous or 1/4 sec. It ends up being a profession with low damage, low mobility, little group contribution, little survival.As for the changes of death magic, they are useless but they add some balance between damage, corruption and survival, the only thing that it achieves is to destroy the necro pets, the favorite build to travel maps.

@Robert Gee.9246 said:Just wanted to jump in to address a few questions and comments I've seen popping up frequently in relation to these update notes:

Why does Function Gyro die when CCed?Destruction on CC allows other players to counter the skill just like they would counter a normal stomp or res attempt. There is no point to the gyro existing after being interrupted as we don't feel it's fair for it to attempt multiple stomps or reses. This has been the functionality since the rework but we are clarifying it in the upcoming update because players are under the mistaken assumption that Function Gyro has low health and armor. The Function Gyro has 18k health and 1.3k armor. (A level 80 Elementalist in ascended armor with no bonus toughness or vitality has about 12k health 1.9k armor.)~snipe~

That is not a fair comparison. Function Gyro is not a nomal stomp or rez ability. Every profession has a normal stomp and rez ability, including Scrapper. Do we need two?

The Function Gyro is our one and only elite toolbar skill now. It replaced and removed all other elite toolbar skills.

At least make it useful and not useless. It's like a white elephant sitting on the toolbar, good name but a garbage skill.

@Burnfall.9573 said:All interesting talk about the best interest of unhealthy changes, will continue to go to deaf ears in tomorrow's patch

So my question to those whose against unhealthy changes, what will you do next? continue to waste your time once more to not be cared for? or to find someone who actually cares about your best interests?

The choice is yours

' If You Don't Care About Your Customer Best Interest, Then You Won't Listen To ThemIf You Won't Listen To Them, Than Someone Else Will Value Them'

You Deserve To Know This

No, I have a few things left to finish in the game but have been devoting more time toward other hobbies in general. My time is better spent making useful or interesting objects for around the house. It feels very gratifying to make small (or even large) furniture, tools, and utensils for around the house.

Big thanks to ANet for making me realize how much time I had been wasting on a video game.

@Burnfall.9573 said:All interesting talk about the best interest of unhealthy changes, will continue to go to deaf ears in tomorrow's patch

The choice is yours

You Deserve To Know This

Nothing. I spend time on doing other obligations, side quests and other hobbies in the world of reality instead of playing the game for hours. Should I be in good mood, I may return to play it. On the contrary, providing that I have no mood at all for entertainment, I will do something else. Thanks to this so-called balance patch, I can truly go on and do what I must without hesitation.

@Mil.3562 said:

@"Burnfall.9573" said:
According to Thief Profession upcoming balance note; Anet is going to buff Condition Thief in tomorrow's balance patch

AoVYm0h.gif

I like that clip. Can i have a link to it? It's so funny :D

Indeed it is very funny

https://media.giphy.com/media/10yXFkBJ0MwGQ0/giphy.gif