I"m so sick and tired of this cast

That's one reason why I stopped caring about the story. It appears to be written for 12 year olds. I simply can't take the story or any of its characters serious, which makes for me the game all about gameplay and numbers, since the immersion is completely gone.

It also makes it even harder to endure the "episodic release" that is focused 99% on that story and nothing else.

@Dante.1508 said:I dunno why so many hate Taimi... Shes the only one of the group worth my time.. Honestly if the rest died i'd not even notice but taimi would be my loss..

Because she solves just about -every- issue.

We get it, asura are smart, at this point they should apparently rule the world, since all the other races are to dumb to fix issues.

@tomaxamot.2683 said:we need more Kas-smear n Marg-ery n their girl on girl stuff :) that will make everyone happy :) n add in a Can-notch here n there for some vegetable dietary fibers :) cause u know u need to have some Vitameatavegamin to become regular n to help u from being tired, run down, n listless n not poop out at parties :) lol

Yeah no.. They are all so over acted its just painful to listen to.. And the dramas..

@Dante.1763 said:

@Dante.1508 said:I dunno why so many hate Taimi... Shes the only one of the group worth my time.. Honestly if the rest died i'd not even notice but taimi would be my loss..

Because she solves just about -every- issue.

We get it, asura are smart, at this point they should apparently rule the world, since all the other races are to dumb to fix issues.

Thats because the rest are all window dressing and honestly just useless... Especially Braham.. and Rox.. its just sickening.

They should just dump all this excess baggage and just have our player character, we are always on our own anyway between stories.. At least they killed off Trahearne.

I think the more screen time a character gets, the better they become. I liked Kas durring PoF (calling rytlock "cuddles" was priceless), and I like that Jory has started pulling her weight again in LS5 (seriously, she's a professional investigator who hasn't done a proper investigation since LS1).

The most annoying thing about Kas and Jory are that they find a way to bring their relationship issues into everything, yet whenever the plot gets spicy, they just vanish. What have they been doing in LS3/LS4? Who knows?

@Dante.1508 said:

Thats because the rest are all window dressing and honestly just useless... Especially Braham.. and Rox.. its just sickening.

They should just dump all this excess baggage and just have our player character, we are always on our own anyway between stories.. At least they killed off Trahearne.

I liked Trahearne. Hate Taimi. Yay opinions! :D

And the issue is bad writing, and bad acting. Braham and Rox both have suffered terribly because of both. Same with Trahearne. The characters(lore and story) themselves are really good, but the writing(How they act etc) and acting(good god the voices) they get ruins the characters for many people.

Canach has been the only real true compelling character in the entire HoT Story aside from Rytlock and they leave him abandoned for whatever reason. I dont know what happened to the team that made the Heroes from GW1, but they need to get some new writers(IMO) for some of these characters.

@Dante.1763 said:

I liked Trahearne. Hate Taimi. Yay opinions! :D

And the issue is bad writing, and bad acting. Braham and Rox both have suffered terribly because of both. Same with Trahearne. The characters(lore and story) themselves are really good, but the writing(How they act etc) and acting(good god the voices) they get ruins the characters for many people.

Canach has been the only real true compelling character in the entire HoT Story aside from Rytlock and they leave him abandoned for whatever reason. I dont know what happened to the team that made the Heroes from GW1, but they need to get some new writers(IMO) for some of these characters.

I don't mind Canach, hes at least an interesting salad.. Other than that i'm not a huge fan of the writing or acting as well.. I agree as the poster above says its like they are aiming at 12yr olds.

I still as characters go prefer Zojja and Taimi as characters because they actually have emotion and play their characters decently. The rest as i said really do not interest me in the slightest.. that even goes for the rest of destinys edge.

I've actually enjoy more bit parts than the main actors.

@thepenmonster.3621 said:

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:Give me an example of a story where the cast keeps changing.

Doctor Who?

That has also become inane as of the last two doctors.

@thepenmonster.3621 said:

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:Give me an example of a story where the cast keeps changing.

Doctor Who?

Nah. Capaldi's final season was the best Nu Who ever got. Though I will concede that Whittaker's first season was rather workman-like.

Offtopic - capalda and whittaker have been garbage and the main reason dw has gone downhill faster than kralkatorrik fell out of the mists. Best ever gotten? Matt smith alone blows them both out of the water, and Tennant has always been the best hands down. Whittakers only in the series because women and nothing else.

on topic - kill off taimi, braham, rox was ok at best, canach and rytlock are great.

@TokyoGhost.6492 said:I absolutely agree with you OP. Bram is always scared and can't take responsibility for anything, Taimi is cringefest and huge annoyance. Rytlock, Rox and Canach are examples of fantastically well done NPCs.

In the new story he litterally takes the brunt of all his mistakes. He even says we deserve better and that he is working on it; He is a young norn trying to carve his legend out which is his entire races like main desire. He doesn't want to be in our shadow forever or his mothers, but he does atone for a lot in this episode and goes through a pretty steep arc even though its short. Stop wishing for people to get killed off guys, trahern was killed off before he could develop because of the knee jerk reaction of A-net to the criticism around him.

We have two asuran, one of those can get axed. We have two humans... one of those can get axed. They got rid of Rox and I doubt Rytlock's lady love or Jhavi will be with us after the saga as part of the guild... so Im pretty sure they are going with a ratio of one character from each race to represent the idea of unity. (Jhavi is the warmaster of the vigil now, she can't come with us once this is all done. And Im sure Stoneglow will become the blood imperator.... that or Rytlock will.)

@Its Nerfing Time.1495 said:

Doctor Who?

Nah. Capaldi's final season was the best Nu Who ever got. Though I will concede that Whittaker's first season was rather workman-like.

Offtopic - capalda and whittaker have been garbage and the main reason dw has gone downhill faster than kralkatorrik fell out of the mists. Best ever gotten? Matt smith alone blows them both out of the water, and Tennant has always been the best hands down. Whittakers only in the series
because women
and nothing else.

on topic - kill off taimi, braham, rox was
ok
at best, canach and rytlock are great.

Again off topic but totally agree christopher eccleston was by far the best, and David Tennant was a close second i have not watched it after the first Capaldi season or since.

On topic please leave Taimi Zojja and Canach, the rest honestly are window dressing.. I very much detest The charr characters..

no, seriously, infact that's a big problem with Hollywood, no consistency, crappy story arcs, tokenized character flip flops, also its been 7 years because its a game... and what do you expect them to do? just drop the characters, swap the guys for girls and girls for guys? they also just introduced rylocks kid, his mom and the Imperator, along with jormag… you don't just drop the characters you have in a story xD do just change your family and friends every few years? also some of the cast h ave come a long way. Marjory for one dropped the 1950s detective act and actually is now my favorite character(well next to canach)... you grow with the characters, you don't dump them... maybe if they end up in cantha or something, we will get a bunch of new characters, but its a gradual thingI think what you mean... or should mean, is you want a new game... which probably would have an entirely new cast... the story here tho isn't finished. ill agree that I liked gw1 better where they had 3 different sets of people as main characters than converged later.. was an awesome format.. a nice change of pace but, in order to do that they would have to release another stand alone story. Cantha would be good but I think NCsoft still has a problem with Asian cultures being in the game.