Condi Meta? Don't think so.

bigo.9037

So before patch hit everyone was saying condi was gonna be meta. Funny. I don't see any condi players. Mirage / necro was primary condi specs, and mirage got big nerf so I don't see much of those at all. Yea there are condi revs, but for blobs it's mostly the same, it seems. Fbs and necros with revenants.

And roaming? Dominated by rangers, thieves and guardians/ DH all playing power.1shot rangers and vault spamming thieves with an occasional condi dodger thief. Holos I don't see much of. Maybe warriors here and there but not really.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@bigo.9037 said:So before patch hit everyone was saying condi was gonna be meta. Funny. I don't see any condi players. Mirage / necro was primary condi specs, and mirage got big nerf so I don't see much of those at all. Yea there are condi revs, but for blobs it's mostly the same, it seems. Fbs and necros with revenants.

And roaming? Dominated by rangers, thieves and guardians/ DH all playing power.1shot rangers and vault spamming thieves with an occasional condi dodger thief. Holos I don't see much of. Maybe warriors here and there but not really.

Haven’t encountered a single one shot ranger. And that is playing on a glass necro.

@pukish.5784 said:u need to write NA or EU cuz there is huge difference between NA and EU.NA is country town,EU is urban city.

I suppose that's true. I've been on NA for 6 months now since I moved irl. EU definitely a lot better in terms of players in wvw.

But yea, on NA that's what I've been seeing.

How is it on EU? obviously thieves but what are they playing?

A lot of people are still testing their builds. My guild has been discussing going condi but that's in the stages of testing, and in the meantime we're running with whatever our guildies already know and trying to wring more performance out of them.

Give it a bit more time before you start going 'see, the meta hasn't changed after all'. (I'm NA, btw.)

@monkcrabswamp.9315 said:A lot of people are still testing their builds. My guild has been discussing going condi but that's in the stages of testing, and in the meantime we're running with whatever our guildies already know and trying to wring more performance out of them.

Give it a bit more time before you start going 'see, the meta hasn't changed after all'. (I'm NA, btw.)

See when it comes to roaming you really have to be realistic about it when it comes to condi. What specs can actually pull off condi playstyle? Mesmers can.. guardian / fb can do burnspam.. necros.. revenants?

That's all I can think of. Everything else doesn't really have a proper condi setup. I tried ranger. I've probably spent about 20 hours before patch, and 5 after patch trying to think of ways to get it to work. It doesn't. Risk is high, reward is low. Why should I bother trying to land 5 abilities because my AA chain applies 0 condi, half of the skills in 900 range, other half in melee just to get a 2k condi tick that gets cleansed away with a single weapon swap, when I can just press 3 buttons on power build and deal 20k dmg in 1.5 seconds from 1200 range?

That's the problem with condi. Sigil of cleansing makes it impossible to deal dmg ESPECIALLY when certain classes' condi traits and skills have been neglected since 2012.

On EU I am definetly seeing more people on condi coming out of the woodworks, but heres the thing:

Its the same handfull of specific condi builds thats just as oppressive and present as they where before.

My own condi bunker core engineer can barely compete anymore due to the complete crippling of the blowtorch, but its usually the power builds that get me as I am equipped to deal with enemy condi... and even that also is the same oppressive power builds as before. Thats roaming. For zerging, I have seen people claim its a new condi meta... and in practice I still see near condi immune power boonballs steamrolling forward on a carpet of necro marks. Business as usual.

@bigo.9037 said:

@monkcrabswamp.9315 said:A lot of people are still testing their builds. My guild has been discussing going condi but that's in the stages of testing, and in the meantime we're running with whatever our guildies already know and trying to wring more performance out of them.

See when it comes to roaming you really have to be realistic about it when it comes to condi. What specs can actually pull off condi playstyle? Mesmers can.. guardian / fb can do burnspam.. necros.. revenants?

condi weaver?condi warrior?condi engineer?condi thief?

All of those classes were or are run as condi builds in the past and/or now. Especially condi weaver which was even played last meta. That's on top of the classes you mentioned.

@bigo.9037 said:That's all I can think of. Everything else doesn't really have a proper condi setup. I tried ranger. I've probably spent about 20 hours before patch, and 5 after patch trying to think of ways to get it to work. It doesn't. Risk is high, reward is low. Why should I bother trying to land 5 abilities because my AA chain applies 0 condi, half of the skills in 900 range, other half in melee just to get a 2k condi tick that gets cleansed away with a single weapon swap, when I can just press 3 buttons on power build and deal 20k dmg in 1.5 seconds from 1200 range?

Have you even tried running a condi weapon as ranger? Last time I checked, shortbow does have condi on it's autos, as well as access to bleeding and poison. Burning from utility skills and Torch. I would love to see you deal 20k damage in 1.5 seconds to a target with toughness that's not afk.

Stop assuming your power damage will remain the same between full glass power builds and condi builds stacked with toughness.

@bigo.9037 said:That's the problem with condi. Sigil of cleansing makes it impossible to deal dmg ESPECIALLY when certain classes' condi traits and skills have been neglected since 2012.

If you can out cleanse a condi build with a 3 condi cleanse per 10 seconds, you deserve to win. I doubt a proper condi build applies that few condis, at least mine don't.

EDIT:small FYI, and I know both games modes are different, take a look at the pvp boards. Then take a look what people there are talking about. Pvp comes rather close to roaming with only lacking the ability to have more player incoming (which is rather big, granted).

@Cyninja.2954 said:

All of those classes were or are run as condi builds in the past and/or now. Especially condi weaver which was even played last meta. That's on top of the classes you mentioned.

@bigo.9037 said:That's all I can think of. Everything else doesn't really have a proper condi setup. I tried ranger. I've probably spent about 20 hours before patch, and 5 after patch trying to think of ways to get it to work. It doesn't. Risk is high, reward is low. Why should I bother trying to land 5 abilities because my AA chain applies 0 condi, half of the skills in 900 range, other half in melee just to get a 2k condi tick that gets cleansed away with a single weapon swap, when I can just press 3 buttons on power build and deal 20k dmg in 1.5 seconds from 1200 range?

Have you even tried running a condi weapon as ranger? Last time I checked, shortbow does have condi on it's autos, as well as access to bleeding and poison. Burning from utility skills and Torch. I would love to see you deal 20k damage in 1.5 seconds to a target with toughness that's not afk.

Stop assuming your power damage will remain the same between full glass power builds and condi builds stacked with toughness.

@bigo.9037 said:That's the problem with condi. Sigil of cleansing makes it impossible to deal dmg ESPECIALLY when certain classes' condi traits and skills have been neglected since 2012.

If you can out cleanse a condi build with a 3 condi cleanse per 10 seconds, you deserve to win. I doubt a proper condi build applies that few condis, at least mine don't.

EDIT:small FYI, and I know both games modes are different, take a look at the pvp boards. Then take a look what people there are talking about. Pvp comes rather close to roaming with only lacking the ability to have more player incoming (which is rather big, granted).

Okay don't try to educate me on my main classes weapon skills when you clearly haven't even bothered trying to play it, and then tell ME if I have even looked at shortbow.

YOU try shortbow. It's the biggest joke in all of gw2 it has the lowest dmg ever and is terrible for kiting. The autos deal essentially 0 dmg because they are reduced by 50% if enemy is facing you, which is like 75% of the time you're fighting them or more. The poison? 0 dmg. Daze is nice, but useless unless you run druid so you can chain those together with ancient seeds. I've done my kitten research, so stop thinking you can school me on my own class that you have never touched except look at some skill descriptions.

Condi ranger sucks. Period. It has a chance in spvp because of nodes, but in open world it is worthless. Same in 2v2.

@bigo.9037 said:

Okay don't try to educate me on my main classes weapon skills when you clearly haven't even bothered trying to play it, and then tell ME if I have even looked at shortbow.

YOU try shortbow. It's the biggest joke in all of gw2 it has the lowest dmg ever and is terrible for kiting. The autos deal essentially 0 dmg because they are reduced by 50% if enemy is facing you, which is like 75% of the time you're fighting them or more. The poison? 0 dmg. Daze is nice, but useless unless you run druid so you can chain those together with ancient seeds. I've done my kitten research, so stop thinking you can school me on my own class that you have never touched except look at some skill descriptions.

Condi ranger sucks. Period. It has a chance in spvp because of nodes, but in open world it is worthless. Same in 2v2.

Which makes this an issue with ranger at best. I still fail to see how this applies to the entire roster of classes.

Also just to correct you, your original statement was:

@bigo.9037 said:Why should I bother trying to land 5 abilities because my AA chain applies 0 condi, half of the skills in 900 range, other half in melee just to get a 2k condi tick that gets cleansed away with a single weapon swap, when I can just press 3 buttons on power build and deal 20k dmg in 1.5 seconds from 1200 range

When there is a fast firing, condi applying weapon in the ranger arsenal. Also that shortbow 2 does very nice damage at point blank range. Yes, condi ranger is not there for kiting. You have to actually change your play-style to melee, which goes in line with the utility skills for condi damage.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Which makes this an issue with ranger at best. I still fail to see how this applies to the entire roster of classes.

@bigo.9037 said:Why should I bother trying to land 5 abilities
because my AA chain applies 0 condi
, half of the skills in 900 range, other half in melee just to get a 2k condi tick that gets cleansed away with a single weapon swap, when I can just press 3 buttons on power build and deal 20k dmg in 1.5 seconds from 1200 range

When there is a fast firing, condi applying weapon in the ranger arsenal. Also that shortbow 2 does very nice damage at point blank range. Yes, condi ranger is not there for kiting. You have to actually change your play-style to melee, which goes in line with the utility skills for condi damage.

Good luck trying to kill a player with more than half a brain with shortbow. LOL. it is terrible. 0 dmg. Yea bro swap to your bow and go shoot him in melee that will work!!"

Jesus. Were you testing it on golems? Ranger has to run a 20s cooldown utility just to deal decent bleed dmg. The thing is the bleed stacks deal 0 dmg unless you run the utility, which you badly need for stunbreakers. Without the sharpening stone, your bleeds on SB hit for no dmg. Even with 2100 condi power it deals nothing. And again, why bother when you can just deal 20k rapidfire ez mode? Sicem at least also has reveal, and the dmg is so high on longbow that it works as defense because they NEED to dodge or block or they will die or lose half their health bar.

Condi ranger is only deadly if you run druid for ancient seeds, but that has so many other problems that is just not worth it.Stop even trying to educate me on this class man it's embarrassing.

@bigo.9037 said:

@bigo.9037 said:Why should I bother trying to land 5 abilities
because my AA chain applies 0 condi
, half of the skills in 900 range, other half in melee just to get a 2k condi tick that gets cleansed away with a single weapon swap, when I can just press 3 buttons on power build and deal 20k dmg in 1.5 seconds from 1200 range

Good luck trying to kill a player with more than half a brain with shortbow. LOL. it is terrible. 0 dmg. Yea bro swap to your bow and go shoot him in melee that will work!!"

If only the ranger had an arsenal of other melee condi skills. If the enemy is keeping you at 600+ yards range, good for you, most condi builds have most of their damage spread across multiple ranges.

@bigo.9037 said:Jesus. Were you testing it on golems?

Wut? Where are you getting this nonsense?

@bigo.9037 said:Ranger has to run a 20s cooldown utility just to deal decent bleed dmg. The thing is the bleed stacks deal 0 dmg unless you run the utility, which you badly need for stunbreakers. Without the sharpening stone, your bleeds on SB hit for no dmg. Even with 2100 condi power it deals nothing. And again, why bother when you can just deal 20k rapidfire ez mode? Sicem at least also has reveal, and the dmg is so high on longbow that it works as defense because they NEED to dodge or block or they will die or lose half their health bar.

If you are running 3k power, you might make a dent in a player with 1.8k - 2k toughness. Meanwhile that same player on condi will destroy your glass build once your burst is out.

@bigo.9037 said:Condi ranger is only deadly if you run druid for ancient seeds, but that has so many other problems that is just not worth it.Stop even trying to educate me on this class man it's embarrassing.

I'm not educating you on anything. You are using half truths trying to make a point. 20k rapid fire? Sure on glass builds. Your autos don't do enough condi damage? Hint, no class has their main damage on their auto (exceapt thief to some extent who pushes it with utilities).

I'm not saying ranger is in the best spot, I'm saying your entire post about condi meta is supported by very subjective half truths.

@"DeusVolt.4307" said:nice, while i see Burnbrands, scourges, core necros and condi revs everywhere. This post is easily the dumbest i've read so far lol. thanks for the laugh

In all fairness, NA seems to be a bit behind in the meta. But yes, this pretty much sums up EU currently.

Well, I mean this is the official forums where the most common post is a hyperbolic rant by someone running a useless build dying to something "OP" because they didn't map their dodge key or making angry frog noises about being kicked from squad. This is on top of a player base that treats self-improvement like the plague. It's not exactly the best place to go for the latest in the meta.

In fact you're probably better off reading the consensus and doing the exact opposite. But anyhow,, I'll give a hint: Cover condis. Straight up maxing out your 1 condi doesn't really work vs non-potatoes. Granted there's many out there.

@Abyssisis.3971 said:I’m currently using a condi soul beast with Axe/dagger and dagger/torch, as bigo said, shortbow is utter trash. And when I’m zerging, I use a burn guard, as that’s always fun.

Shortbow is far from being trash and conid ranger is viable now more than before thx to direct dmg nerf....so condi ranger is viable ...the OP is wrong.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Abyssisis.3971 said:I’m currently using a condi soul beast with Axe/dagger and dagger/torch, as bigo said, shortbow is utter trash. And when I’m zerging, I use a burn guard, as that’s always fun.

Shortbow is far from being trash and conid ranger is viable now more than before thx to direct dmg nerf....so condi ranger is viable ...the OP is wrong.

Shortbow wasn’t viable before the balance patch and it also saw nerfs so it’s not viable now. I fought a trapper Druid using a shortbow inside an enemy camp and the guards were more of a threat than the player, thats how trash the weapon is.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:So before patch hit everyone was saying condi was gonna be meta. Funny. I don't see any condi players. Mirage / necro was primary condi specs, and mirage got big nerf so I don't see much of those at all. Yea there are condi revs, but for blobs it's mostly the same, it seems. Fbs and necros with revenants.

Haven’t encountered a single one shot ranger. And that is playing on a glass necro.

Thieves are destroying them. One shot rangers are being ganked by the class they're supposedly a "hard counter" to. Call it ironic.

In zergs, there seems to be a place for condi amidst an omni-bomb of viper-style damage (although some might be pure power and others pure condi - this is what provides the survivability).

Smallscale:

Condi mirage is still strong in wvw (50% energy sigil and endurance food), but I'd call it balanced now. The mirage mains won't like that statement but the spec has been that broken before that even now it is totally playable. You just have to backup at some point of the fight because you run out of defenses. But: 1) before that you can do a lot of damage 2) you have the mobility to do that and 3) every other spec has to do the same at some point.

Condi scourge is dead outside of the zerg and even in the zerg I'd be not surprised if the next meta will be wells power scourge.

Condi core necro is a slow turtle as always and an annoying attrition fight but an easy task when you bring some cc and lock it down outside of shroud.

Condi rev is good but balanced. It shreds all the pesky attrition builds that have been present in the past which is great.

Condi ranger is weird. I think it's too strong if played well but I've read somewhere that is faces some bugs that buff it currently.

Condi engineer is weak as it has always been.

Haven't met any condi weavers, thieves etc. yet.

@KrHome.1920 said:Smallscale:

Condi mirage is still strong in wvw (50% energy sigil and endurance food), but I'd call it balanced now. The mirage mains won't like that statement but the spec has been that broken before that even now it is totally playable. You just have to backup at some point of the fight because you run out of defenses. But: 1) before that you can do a lot of damage 2) you have the mobility to do that and 3) every other spec has to do the same at some point.

I think the issue a lot of Mirage players have is that the whole e-spec was gutted because condi mirage was over performing. Sure, power mirage was strong in the right hands but even then it was a pretty risky build with thieves existing, now, power mirage is a literal walking bag. If anything these changes only encourage more power mesmer players to move to condi's (or just quit like our chrono brethren).