1 dodge in WVW is just.... terrible

scerevisiae.1972

I'm actually fine with trade-offs as long as it's balanced. Trade-off means you lose x to gain y which should have equal value. As of now, the things mirage gets isn't worth losing that 1 dodge. If mirrors were less clunky and more common I think i'd be fine with it.

And also, if elite specializations were to have trade-offs, it should be applied to ALL elite specializations.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:lol people will play what they want no matter how bad they are, I remember peeps playing tahm in league despite his 38% winrate.Lol, looking at WvW and these "I main whatever is the cheesest and will give me ez win in current meta" players I highly doubt it.every single class in this game has toxic mechanics, so lets nerf them for years on end 50% nonstop, patch by patch so they are in the gutter so forum warriors are satisfied.I have better idea! Don't release stupidly overpowered elite specializations without real drawbacks so people won't spam after minor changes "x class is unplayable! B U F F I T O R I Q U I T".Especially when Mirage and Chronomancer were busted from the start, since as I've said, they were poorly designed.But it's okay guys! I understand that you want low risk - high reward builds, after all A-net delivered it via elite speces from HoT and PoF and now you can't go back to previous cheese levels. <3

past is irrelevent, mesmer sucks at WvW, and we as customers expect it to be fixed, will it? propably not.as I said, every single class is equally if not more "toxic" then mesmer or any of its especs, the ONLY exception is warrior, that just kitten suck.You use too much catchphrases that you dont even understand like " low risk high reward", every class has those kind of builds, exept mesmer,play power mesmer in wvw, what I describe is insanely high risk, low reward.As I said before, I have eaten 6k+ rapid fire/shot from soulbeast that can have 2k+ range, bruiser tanky rangers can land 30k rapids on me. this is the risk I am taking to deal any damage whatsoever.

ignore him. Just look at his name.

there is a difference between trolling and being stupid :DOh my, again using "ignore him. look at his name", even though what I wrote is pure truth, you can't accept it, can you? XDIt's really hard to understand super biased people like you, you've got what you deserve for abusing unbalanced e-speces for so long. You took what was clearly broken unbalanced as "perfectly fine and ok" to use and after it was nerfed(it should be reworked from scratch though to avoid this toxic mechanics) you complain. Both elite speces were/are busted, end of the story, if you can't understand this much then whatever.Of course, every class will have some "toxic" build, but I highly doubt they even come close to Mesmers one, beside thief I would say.Warrior still have few overstacked skills that need to be looked into, but mostly it become more or less "balanced" properly. See? Again, you're drunk on powercreep and consider current warrior as "that just kitten suck", it's hilarious.I used power mesmer before HoT release and then tried it again at HoT and PoF releases with each e-spec(power and condi variants), I must say this: It was fun pre-hot and interesting play, but after x-packs hit with Chronomancer and Mirage it was truly disgusting to use such self-carry class, it applies to a lot of e-speces. It kinda felt like a slap to the face.Insane "high risk, low reward" applies to maybe core staff ele in roaming? You really don't believe that class with stealth access and even teleport is "high risk".Ahh, I can't wait for Ranger and other classes nerfs as well, I wonder on what class these "mains" will jump next, probably necro or dh. I'm also taking risks when engaging mesmer players, lately condi mirages (lmao, "unplayable"), since they still can spam far too many condies, it's really fun to see how you cleanse like 10 condies in a row, but still can't remove that 20 stacks of Torment, lovely.I really like you guys, super biased toward your own main, ignoring everything else, thinking your class is the worst in the game, like a certain guy from warrior forum, he was called Hitman something, truly amazing guy.Cheers guys! I really hope they will fully rework both e-speces for you, so they won't be powercreeped, toxic, non-interactive classes and that will actually require players input. <3

ah now I understandl2p issue, if you eat 20 torment stacks you gotta do something seriously wrong, you are one of those people you describe yourself, dont even see your own mistakes and decide to toss them at "broken others builts" with their REEE 20 stacks of torment or "endless condis" or "broken mechanic" while in truth you just sucked all along, and after years on end of constant 50% nerfs the class is garbage, but its going to be nerfed yet again, because you still suck and you still dont know how to counter it, and you will still eat the condition, you will still hit the clones and you will still complain. And no matter how low the winrate of the class, no matter that 1% of people will play it it will STILL kitten you, since you never learned, and you never will.

Haha! I knew you'r gonna use "l2p" since that's all you people can use to defend broken stuff, I could write the same for your problem with Rapid Fire. You're so predictable that's it's even boring at this point. Well little one, I wrote that I cleansed 10 condies one after another and still had 20 torment, you missed this part, I understand, being blind is a bliss for you I guess. Oh right, you can use another famous line "use LoS", it's another advice from biased people.It's quite funny because when I started using one of meta builds to have fight chances against cheesers like cmirage, they suddenly have an urge to run away when losing fight or be close to portal. Expected I dare to say. Class isn't garbage, it's simply you that can't use it to the fullest potential, another funny thing is: after so many nerfs, people are still able to find something broken and cheese on it, this just shows how poorly designed the class was from the very start.Oh, so not killing clones to reduce mesmers damage/control is new meta now, good to know that. You can't avoid every skill in the game little one unless you run mesmer or thief I guess and on top of that, condi is heavily based on traits, skill x will trigger trait y which will trigger trait z and you have 4 different condies from 1 skill and it won't even matter what skill enemy used lmao.Oh my, you're so wrong on last thing, when I've changed build to your favourite "cheese" I don't have many problems with them, even more, they suddenly don't appear so often around me or even dare to fight me, I wonder what happened, the skillgap I guess.You can keep living in your biased world that your main is "unplayable" all you want, but Mesmer and it's elite speces still need nerfs or even rework to remove that toxic mechanics from the game.I really like when people get carried by builds to the point that they believe they're skilled.You're even more funny than biased Hitman, luv it.

@TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:lol people will play what they want no matter how bad they are, I remember peeps playing tahm in league despite his 38% winrate.Lol, looking at WvW and these "I main whatever is the cheesest and will give me ez win in current meta" players I highly doubt it.every single class in this game has toxic mechanics, so lets nerf them for years on end 50% nonstop, patch by patch so they are in the gutter so forum warriors are satisfied.I have better idea! Don't release stupidly overpowered elite specializations without real drawbacks so people won't spam after minor changes "x class is unplayable! B U F F I T O R I Q U I T".Especially when Mirage and Chronomancer were busted from the start, since as I've said, they were poorly designed.But it's okay guys! I understand that you want low risk - high reward builds, after all A-net delivered it via elite speces from HoT and PoF and now you can't go back to previous cheese levels. <3

past is irrelevent, mesmer sucks at WvW, and we as customers expect it to be fixed, will it? propably not.as I said, every single class is equally if not more "toxic" then mesmer or any of its especs, the ONLY exception is warrior, that just kitten suck.You use too much catchphrases that you dont even understand like " low risk high reward", every class has those kind of builds, exept mesmer,play power mesmer in wvw, what I describe is insanely high risk, low reward.As I said before, I have eaten 6k+ rapid fire/shot from soulbeast that can have 2k+ range, bruiser tanky rangers can land 30k rapids on me. this is the risk I am taking to deal any damage whatsoever.

ignore him. Just look at his name.

there is a difference between trolling and being stupid :DOh my, again using "ignore him. look at his name", even though what I wrote is pure truth, you can't accept it, can you? XDIt's really hard to understand super biased people like you, you've got what you deserve for abusing unbalanced e-speces for so long. You took what was clearly broken unbalanced as "perfectly fine and ok" to use and after it was nerfed(it should be reworked from scratch though to avoid this toxic mechanics) you complain. Both elite speces were/are busted, end of the story, if you can't understand this much then whatever.Of course, every class will have some "toxic" build, but I highly doubt they even come close to Mesmers one, beside thief I would say.Warrior still have few overstacked skills that need to be looked into, but mostly it become more or less "balanced" properly. See? Again, you're drunk on powercreep and consider current warrior as "that just kitten suck", it's hilarious.I used power mesmer before HoT release and then tried it again at HoT and PoF releases with each e-spec(power and condi variants), I must say this: It was fun pre-hot and interesting play, but after x-packs hit with Chronomancer and Mirage it was truly disgusting to use such self-carry class, it applies to a lot of e-speces. It kinda felt like a slap to the face.Insane "high risk, low reward" applies to maybe core staff ele in roaming? You really don't believe that class with stealth access and even teleport is "high risk".Ahh, I can't wait for Ranger and other classes nerfs as well, I wonder on what class these "mains" will jump next, probably necro or dh. I'm also taking risks when engaging mesmer players, lately condi mirages (lmao, "unplayable"), since they still can spam far too many condies, it's really fun to see how you cleanse like 10 condies in a row, but still can't remove that 20 stacks of Torment, lovely.I really like you guys, super biased toward your own main, ignoring everything else, thinking your class is the worst in the game, like a certain guy from warrior forum, he was called Hitman something, truly amazing guy.Cheers guys! I really hope they will fully rework both e-speces for you, so they won't be powercreeped, toxic, non-interactive classes and that will actually require players input. <3

ah now I understandl2p issue, if you eat 20 torment stacks you gotta do something seriously wrong, you are one of those people you describe yourself, dont even see your own mistakes and decide to toss them at "broken others builts" with their REEE 20 stacks of torment or "endless condis" or "broken mechanic" while in truth you just sucked all along, and after years on end of constant 50% nerfs the class is garbage, but its going to be nerfed yet again, because you still suck and you still dont know how to counter it, and you will still eat the condition, you will still hit the clones and you will still complain. And no matter how low the winrate of the class, no matter that 1% of people will play it it will STILL kitten you, since you never learned, and you never will.

Haha! I knew you'r gonna use "l2p" since that's all you people can use to defend broken stuff, I could write the same for your problem with Rapid Fire. You're so predictable that's it's even boring at this point. Well little one, I wrote that I cleansed 10 condies one after another and still had 20 torment, you missed this part, I understand, being blind is a bliss for you I guess. Oh right, you can use another famous line "use LoS", it's another advice from biased people.It's quite funny because when I started using one of meta builds to have fight chances against cheesers like cmirage, they suddenly have an urge to run away when losing fight or be close to portal. Expected I dare to say. Class isn't garbage, it's simply you that can't use it to the fullest potential, another funny thing is: after so many nerfs, people are still able to find something broken and cheese on it, this just shows how poorly designed the class was from the very start.Oh, so not killing clones to reduce mesmers damage/control is new meta now, good to know that. You can't avoid every skill in the game little one unless you run mesmer or thief I guess and on top of that, condi is heavily based on traits, skill x will trigger trait y which will trigger trait z and you have 4 different condies from 1 skill and it won't even matter what skill enemy used lmao.Oh my, you're so wrong on last thing, when I've changed build to your favourite "cheese" I don't have many problems with them, even more, they suddenly don't appear so often around me or even dare to fight me, I wonder what happened, the skillgap I guess.You can keep living in your biased world that your main is "unplayable" all you want, but Mesmer and it's elite speces still need nerfs or even rework to remove that toxic mechanics from the game.I really like when people get carried by builds to the point that they believe they're skilled.You're even more funny than biased Hitman, luv it.

Keep hitting clones and keep dying to "20 torment stacks"

@TrollingDemigod.3041

You're wasting your time. Post any thread criticizing balance of any class in that classes subsection and you'll be met with people who main that class trying to convince everyone around them that their main is the most under powered class.This section is no different its just die hard Mesmer mains convinced that Anet oppresses their class, and you get this attitude in every single classes respective forum.

@"Leonidrex.5649"

Ill admit that power mesmer could use some love. Core/Mirage/Chrono. I agree when Chrono mains claim that Chrono (power varients) have been hit too hard in the most recent patches.But to say that dying to mirage mesmer is a l2p issue is nuts. Mirage mesmer (condi) is probably one of the best dueling classes in the current meta. It has no real counter. To claim that players who lose to is "sucked" is delusional. Mesmer is more than playable on certain builds. On certain builds its overpowered. Some mesmer variants need nerfs, some need buffs. But to say the class is garbage is just disingenuous.

@"Doug.4930" said:Mirage mesmer (condi) is probably one of the best dueling classes in the current meta. It has no real counter. To claim that players who lose to is "sucked" is delusional. Mesmer is more than playable on certain builds. On certain builds its overpowered. Some mesmer variants need nerfs, some need buffs. But to say the class is garbage is just disingenuous.

You should get out of your time machine and come to the present because what you said is factually false.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Vincenzo.3145" said:Can't tolerate a developer that is prejudiced against something they developed. They made a masterpiece of a class that actually took some degree of understanding and mastery in this bland genre and vandalized it in the name of "balance".

Cannot say it better. Its not even about balance anymore, at this point i at least start to believe it is simply bias

That's why I don't doubt what Mort said regarding balance team wanting mes to suck.

Some weeks ago Izzy said on reddit that he repents creating trait system, that they should have gone for more skills instead.Can you imagine that? Half of the troubles of mes (and game) would have never existed.

So, a proper sequel to the skills and builds of Guild Wars 1?

@mortrialus.3062 said:Mesmer is never getting buffed again in competative play. Mirage is not getting it's 2nd dodge back. Chronomancer is never getting self shatter or distortion back. Seriously. It's time to just move on. To other classes if you're okay with rerolling. To other games if you aren't.

I moved on to Destiny 2 for the most part. Not the same feel at all, and even thinner story, but it's got tight controls and the guns feel nice.

@Doug.4930 said:@TrollingDemigod.3041

You're wasting your time. Post any thread criticizing balance of any class in that classes subsection and you'll be met with people who main that class trying to convince everyone around them that their main is the most under powered class.This section is no different its just die hard Mesmer mains convinced that Anet oppresses their class, and you get this attitude in every single classes respective forum.

@"Leonidrex.5649"

Ill admit that power mesmer could use some love. Core/Mirage/Chrono. I agree when Chrono mains claim that Chrono (power varients) have been hit too hard in the most recent patches.But to say that dying to mirage mesmer is a l2p issue is nuts. Mirage mesmer (condi) is probably one of the best dueling classes in the current meta. It has no real counter. To claim that players who lose to is "sucked" is delusional. Mesmer is more than playable on certain builds. On certain builds its overpowered. Some mesmer variants need nerfs, some need buffs. But to say the class is garbage is just disingenuous.

Doug, how exaclty do you have touble killing a squishy class running 1 dodge, very limited stealth, limited stun break, who also needs to dodge w clones for burst damage ( cause your saying cmirage). I mean seriously, how do you have trouble countering a cmirage, Im not saying you should always automatically win. Im saying, in what universe can you try to claim "cmirage has no real counter". Every class has a build that can laugh off cmirage and faceroll overthem after the burst is cleansed/blocked unless the cmirage runs away. Cmirage often takes many attack, escape, repeat cycles to kill players and live. It isnt easy and it for damn sure has many counters.

@Doug.4930 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Doug.4930 in pvp cmes loses most 1v1, in wvw every single class can ignore them, if you think otherwise its l2p issue.im playing berk gear, 0 cleanse 1dodgeman and I never die to cmes, EVER in wvw

I don't believe you. So we'll leave it at that.

You're talking complete nonsense. In SPvP mesmer has completely dropped off the map. It sees very little play in ranked. And in the MATs it wasn't taking into either the Semi-Finals or Finals at all. If Condi Mirage was a god tier 1v1 spec we'd see mesmer mains playing it on the side nodes in MATs. We don't.

Condi mirage has among the lowest damage of anything in the game, even compared to other condition builds. That's a mathematical fact. I've tested it. It just doesn't have the damage numbers to compete with other classes sustain and put them down.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Doug.4930 in pvp cmes loses most 1v1, in wvw every single class can ignore them, if you think otherwise its l2p issue.im playing berk gear, 0 cleanse 1dodgeman and I never die to cmes, EVER in wvw

You're talking complete nonsense. In SPvP mesmer has completely dropped off the map. It sees very little play in ranked. And in the MATs it wasn't taking into either the Semi-Finals or Finals at all. If Condi Mirage was a god tier 1v1 spec we'd see mesmer mains playing it on the side nodes in MATs. We don't.

Condi mirage has among the lowest damage of anything in the game, even compared to other condition builds. That's a mathematical fact. I've tested it. It just doesn't have the damage numbers to compete with other classes sustain and put them down.

cmirage has actually one of the highest condi bursts in the game, but it's quite squishy and can't sidenode

@Tharan.9085 said:

cmirage has actually one of the highest condi bursts in the game, but it's quite squishy and can't sidenode

Again, math and testing shows that this is 100% not true.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

you can't rly use math in a game like gw2 and maybe you're just a bad mirage :)

@Tharan.9085 said:

You actually can, because GW2's combat system involves math. For starters condition mesmer can't come anywhere near to level of condition burst and damage as anything that can stack a lot of burning specifically like Guardian, Elementalist, and Engineer. Thief and rev are also significantly burstier in terms of condition damage.

Mesmer is mathmatically across the board the lowest damage class in the game. That's just a fact.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

You actually can, because GW2's combat system involves math. For starters condition mesmer can't come anywhere near to level of condition burst and damage as anything that can stack a lot of burning specifically like Guardian, Elementalist, and Engineer. Thief and rev are also significantly burstier in terms of condition damage.

Mesmer is mathmatically across the board the lowest damage class in the game. That's just a fact.

that's why I can get like 20 stacks confusion, some torment and some burning in like 2s as a mesmer

@Tharan.9085 said:

that's why I can get like 20 stacks confusion, some torment and some burning in like 2s as a mesmer

Guardians, Eles, and Engineers can get 20 stacks of burning in the same amount of time and out burst it. Thief and rev will out burst it with their own mix of conditions.

20 stacks of confusion which with their nerfed duration will proc for about 2k damage per skill use with a duration of 2-3 seconds. Unless the enemy crams 20 instant cast skills in those handful of seconds you're only going to get about 4-6k damage from a 24 second primary DPS cooldown.

A guardian can global you with burning.

@Tharan.9085 said:

in those 2s thief can apply 30k+ worth of damage, hope you get your worth out of those 20 stacks of confusion fam :D

@Tharan.9085 said:

Of course you can use maths in a video game. Make your point more clear please.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Vincenzo.3145" said:Can't tolerate a developer that is prejudiced against something they developed. They made a masterpiece of a class that actually took some degree of understanding and mastery in this bland genre and vandalized it in the name of "balance".

Cannot say it better. Its not even about balance anymore, at this point i at least start to believe it is simply bias

That's why I don't doubt what Mort said regarding balance team wanting mes to suck.

Some weeks ago Izzy said on reddit that he repents creating trait system, that they should have gone for more skills instead.Can you imagine that? Half of the troubles of mes (and game) would have never existed.

So, a proper sequel to the skills and builds of Guild Wars 1?

Closer to GW1 yeah.I've been playing GW1 since the anniversary update and it's amazing how the same devs that did a masterpirce screwed up so much.Also mesmer is of the best if not the best profession on GW1.

@Yoci.2481 said:

Of course you can use maths in a video game. Make your point more clear please.

no you can't use maths in a game like GW2. When you do that you are just looking at 2 players running full skill rotations with no evades/blocks/ccs. GW2 combat you can apply maths but its not always true to the reality of how it would play out in a fight.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

thats just factually incorrect, mesmer has problems and none of them are damage. mesmer damage combo assuming you do torch 4/5 as opening and then combo into either axe or sword burst you'll get a potential oneshot. Maybe try improving or fixing your build :)

@Doug.4930 said:

So believe class representation, you just have Falan who did a pretty accurate state of PvP : https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/106306/pvp-top50Mean considering Misha did most of his last matchs on rev, It's sad to see that's I'm the first 100% mesmer player in EU LB because all other mes better than me stop playing , play tryhard build or change class.And in WvW it's always mainly around Gardian, Warrior, Ele, Necro, Rev like it always been. For a mesmer trolling in roam versus opponent who can disengage when they want, you have 5 of Gwenr class.But continue thinking it's because you are on a class forum that player feel useless.I don't know how it append in other subsection but coming here saying mesmer is op without bringing proves while we can discuss about numbers, lb and so one, make just you look like another random plebs who get destroyed by mesmers even if tomorrow they have only one weapon set and no clones.

Now trollinman is probably just banmed on alt account. Nice to see him back trolling here.