Thanks for the new decos and SAB raptor mount

hugo.4705

Mount: Super Outlaw RaptorE6NDsb7.jpgI like the skin and hope for more, but can understand to be against; this is a thanks post.

Gh decos from Dark Woods zone:-Super Leaf Platform-Super Lily Pad-Super Mushroom Platform-Super Tree Branch-Super Tree Trunk

Awesome decos!!! 5! Thanks a lot again for adding decos. Will update the post soon with screenshot of decos.

EDIT Decos:Q574EWV.jpg

The big stick in the background is Super Tree Trunk, it is just gigantic.

@Randulf.7614 said:Hmm...I don't know what to think about the mount skin. Not its design...more its existence.

i'm 99% certain I'm going to be a hypocrite and buy it anyway though

It's a problem in that it's the Raptor skin only. This is the kind of look you want for all mounts, or at least I would.

Just think, a Bee Dog skimmer skin.....I mean...wow.

@Luthan.5236 said:Well at least a mount skin that looks cool and worth buying. :D But I guess it might feel weid when outside the festival time people are running around with it.

I'm sure some will be tempted to buy it in order to break everybody else's sense of immersion, but at this point, does that exist anymore?

@Fenom.9457 said:Not to complain but I’m curious why it took 3 years of SAB post mounts to get skins and then anet gave us only one ? Why not the full set

Because they don't magically make themselves, perhaps?

With that raptor skin, ArenaNet takes a big step down the road to having no art style whatsoever. Used to be a strength of the game, you stepped into GW2 and entered a beautiful world with a very cohesive and distinct style. Now it's a game where you can find anything people want to pay for, no matter whether it makes even the slightest bit of sense in the world or not. And personally, any time I see that mount will make me like playing less. Like so much of the things that have been added over the last couple of years.

@Svarty.8019 said:

I'm sure some will be tempted to buy it in order to break everybody else's sense of immersion, but at this point, does that exist anymore?Getting harder to maintain at least. Man, I used to enter this game and just marvel at how it looked and how immersed I felt. Nowadays it feels very similar to when I play Fortnite with my 10-year old nephew. It gets even more pronounced when new content breaks and they end up trying to push a serious story on you while you're standing side by side with a pink cactus man and a jack o' lantern. This game is just utterly confused. Great still in many ways, but confused.

I got the mount from Black Lion Chests after trying to get the phoenix feather torch.Even though I wasn't fond of the mount, I have to admit I really love it.This raptor has a lot of personality and that face and eyebrows...it's just priceless! XD

@Calevorn.5671 said:With that raptor skin, ArenaNet takes a big step down the road to having no art style whatsoever. Used to be a strength of the game, you stepped into GW2 and entered a beautiful world with a very cohesive and distinct style. Now it's a game where you can find anything people want to pay for, no matter whether it makes even the slightest bit of sense in the world or not. And personally, any time I see that mount will make me like playing less. Like so much of the things that have been added over the last couple of years.

I'm sure some will be tempted to buy it in order to break everybody else's sense of immersion, but at this point, does that exist anymore?Getting harder to maintain at least. Man, I used to enter this game and just marvel at how it looked and how immersed I felt. Nowadays it feels very similar to when I play Fortnite with my 10-year old nephew. It gets even more pronounced when new content breaks and they end up trying to push a serious story on you while you're standing side by side with a pink cactus man and a jack o' lantern. This game is just utterly confused. Great still in many ways, but confused.

You're mostly right, except Anet gave up caring about artistic identity or immersion a long, long time ago. I'm less bothered about SAB because at least SAB is thematically relevant to the game, but there's so much flashy, neon and other out of place stuff that it is clear Anet values it's game world less than the quick buck flashy gimmicks bring.

It's not even a GW2 issue because GW1 did it too, the difference was it felt more moderated and controlled there. Here it dominates.

But, we are where we are at. I still have a cringe and little moan about it, but I've long since accepted it. I'm just as guilty at buying and contributing to the problem at times, so I can't push the agenda too much. But I try to keep my characters grounded wherever possible as I can only control what is mine to control.

@Calevorn.5671 said:With that raptor skin, ArenaNet takes a big step down the road to having no art style whatsoever. Used to be a strength of the game, you stepped into GW2 and entered a beautiful world with a very cohesive and distinct style. Now it's a game where you can find anything people want to pay for, no matter whether it makes even the slightest bit of sense in the world or not. And personally, any time I see that mount will make me like playing less. Like so much of the things that have been added over the last couple of years.

I agree, I could live with the weapons althoough they are far from my favorite. But the mount is just silly.

I kind of like the raptor. Not enough to buy it but enough to be happy if it pops out of my daily key farm.

I do very much like the decorations. Already have several in my GH. I do wish, though, that they had made green leaves rather than the grey one. With the cliff faces and snow decos from last year it is starting to get just a touch monochromatic. Still, we are getting enough now to really make a complex SAB jumping puzzle.

Anet,

I must say, this SAB Raptor mount looks tremendously better in-person than in any still pics or videos, especially when the owner starts dying it various colors! :smile:

After seeing it in-person, I might actually go for it now. (It would be nice to have some kind of simulator environment to ride, equip and dye items we don't own but are interested in. Like a story-test instance, per se. It could help with sales.)