What's with glitched weapon drop rate?

With the new glitched weapons added to SAB I cant help but feel cheated on the drop rates. I have now opened 27 glitched chests and received absolutely nothing.What makes me question this is the amount I have seen others getting. A friend and I completed W1 normal together and got the all glitched chests. He receives 3 glitched weapons, one from each zone. This giving him a total of 7 chests opened and 4 weapons dropped and has since proceeded to get more.Additionally I have seen many guild mates claiming to have received between 5-10 glitched weapons, some of which are getting them at a 50%+ drop rate and are on track to receive a full set. Meanwhile I am currently 27/0 and do not seem eligible to get any this event.The TP price also indicates that they are a high drop rate as the price is already below the normal blue SAB skins.Anyone know the actual intended drop rate on these? It is frustrating after years to finally have new stuff added to SAB and it make 0 difference.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmh each day I do my daily 6 glitches run I drop at least 1. It's random, in 5 days of doing it only got 1 day without weapon drop. If it can help, did the run in normal; but I don't think difficulty influence, did some chests in trib, nothing.

22 chests, 2 weapons. About 10 percent drop rate maybe. Some get more lucky. (In the other thread here someone posted that he got 3 or 4 out of 6 chests and even some other skins at the end ... Kaiser' Snake and stuff.)

Yeah the drop rate is supposed to be high I guess. (I never saw any other skin ... blue or Kaiser's drop. That's why the price on TP will drop. Might be easy to do the glitches just for the achievement and then buy the remaining needed skins.

(As long as they don't change the drop rate. If they are planning to lower it - we don't know that - it might make sense to hoard the skins.)

I got 1 the first day, 2 if you count an alt account but nary a one since. Last night we did the regular worlds as a group of 5 to carry through some folks who were jumping challenged even more than I am, and not a single glitched weapon for all five of us. One did, however, get the other weapon box to drop. I also noticed that the dailies on the first day were not the usual dailies. Maybe something changed?

As others have mentioned, the drop rate is totally random and doesn't seem to take players into account when spinning the loot wheel. So it's possible to get a weapon every single time or no weapon every single time. Verdict: You're super adventure unlucky.

Small comfort though, you can get glitch weapon drops in infantile mode. The drop rate seems to be the same no matter which mode you're playing. Often I'll breeze through world 2's glitches on infantile mode just to get them over with.

I recommend continuing to tag the glitches while you do your SAB dailies and hope to get drops, while also working on the Mercy of the Super Adventure achievement. This achievement awards a glitched weapon choosy box, which I'd say you should use to unlock whichever glitched skin is the most expensive on the TP at the time you open it. This way, if you get that weapon as a drop later, you can sell it for max profit and use the funds to buy what you don't have.

I've been keeping track of my drop rates every day. I've now done 5 days of opening all 6 glitched chests (the first 5 from normal mode, and w2z3 from infantile, because I refuse...). My drop rates:2/60/61/61/60/6So overall that's 4 weapons out of 30 chests, which is about 13%. I want the achievement to unlock them all so I've been keeping them, and thankfully they've all been different so far. I think the price of 257 bauble bubbles for a single chest is ridiculous, if I get impatient I'll probably just buy them off the TP by the end of the festival.

I've been recording my drops in the other (original) thread, but this one is getting more attention so I guess I'll switch to here.

Day 1: 0/6 on mix of Infantile and NormalDay 2: 0/2 in TribulationDay 3: 1/3 in Normal.Day 4: 0/5 in a mix of Normal and TribulationDay 5: 0/4 Normal modeDay 6: 0/4 Normal modeDay 7: 0/4 in a mix of Infantile and NormalDay 8: 0/4 in a mix of Infantile and NormalDay 9: 0/3 Normal modeDay 10: 0/3 Normal modeDay 11: 0/3 Normal modeDay 12: 1/4 Normal modeDay 13: 2/3 Normal modeDay 14: 0/4 in a mix of Infantile and NormalDay 15: 0/4 in a mix of Infantile and NormalDay 16: 1/4 in a mix of Infantile and NormalDay 17: 0/3 Normal modeDay 18: 0/3 Normal modeDay 19: 1/4 Normal modeDay 20: 0/3 Normal modeDay 21: 0/3 Normal modeDay 22: 0/4 in a mix of Infantile and NormalDay 23: 1/4 in a mix of Infantile and NormalDay 24: 0/3 Normal modeDay 25: 1/4 Normal modeDay 26: 0/3 Normal modeDay 27: 3/3 Normal modeDay 28: 0/4 in a mix of Infantile and NormalDay 29: 0/4 in a mix of Infantile and Normal

Will update this post throughout the festival, and will try to collate other cumulative data at the end. If you want to help, please either update a post daily with your drops or post your full drop statistic (total number of glitched weapons dropped and total number of Glitched Chests opened) at the end. So far it seems difficulty doesn't matter but if you kept track that closely you can post it as well. Cherry picked data like "I got 2/6 today" is not very helpful. Neither is just saying how many weapons you've gotten, or including data like regular Super Weapon boxes.

Based on most of the other posts it seems I'm having exceptionally bad luck, but we'll see how it goes.

Well thanks for the responses everyone, have got some insight into the drop rate and can conclude I am EXTREMELY unlucky in this game. Don't think my luck could get any worse in all aspects of the game not just these weapons and can often feel like a shadowban. I started farming for the weapons on another account as well and am now 41/0 on the glitched weapons and giving up. Enough time has been wasted.

6 more chests last night, no drops so far. I did get my virtual box though so hurrah for that. I will do future play throughs on normal as infantile is just too insulting. It would be neat if tribulation mode had a higher drop rate but I just don't have time to relearn those levels right now. Although W2Z3 I did almost entirely from trib mode memory including sudden panic when landing on innocent looking piles of snow that used to cause immediate death! I also found myself giving those pointing fingers the evil eye.