Upcoming Balance Notes

Good start at fixing the ranger bug with "Protect Me".

Any chance since you started on the bugfixes to look at this super annoying bug "obstructed"? Literally makes the game unplayable and it is there for more than 2 years now: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/25619/obstructed-is-getting-really-infuriating

Also the slb merged skill F3 "Unflinching Fortitude" which is supposed to prevent damage for 4 seconds does not work in WvW at least, would be great to fix it. Too many professions have too many ways to throw you around in a way that you lose control of your character for several seconds, skills like this are critical to work as per the tooltip

Thanks

Please consider adding an PvE-Only buff to the Herald trait "Forceful Persistence".They really need damage buffs. Atm they are bottom of any dps tier. Otherwise the remaining herald-players will get kicked out of every PvE-group until they extinct.

Pfff not impressed at all. Necro, specially scourge should be nerved instead of buffed.Condi Damage is already OP in WvW, and you're making it WORSE! Wow, the lack of insight is just EXTREMELY dissapointing.

Beyond that, one fix... Seriously?!?!? ONLY ONE FIX?!?!?!

Wanna see succesful dodges with "evaded" ON my screen and STILL being hit?Wanna see me waiting in camp resolve IN THE BACK falsely hoping to get out of combat on a reaper, invane?

Fix that first before you mess up the game even MORE with this so called "Balance patch"

Just a reminded, your PREVIOUS patch BROKE MY REAPER! and not a THING has been done about it.Ever since you decided 'You cannot recover health in schroud" it often means not recover AT ALL!!(See Camp resolve remark)I relog at least a DOZEN TIMES A DAY to just simply get out of combat.And every time we report it "How is your connection" ehhh NEWSFLASH! It is NOT my connection, It is YOU BREAKING IT SINCE THAT PATCH

YOU CANNOT BALANCE WHAT IS BROKEN!

So you can imagine that, beyond these notes, I wonder... what will break now... Because things will break... that is unfortunately, considering your track record a GIVEN FACT.

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Greetings fellow Tyrians!

Necromancer

• Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.

Please tell me you remembered to lower the target cap back to 5 since it is cast in both locations again. Otherwise, scourges hitting 20 targets will be so ridiculously broken.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Fire Attunement.9835 said:Greetings fellow Tyrians!

Necromancer
  • Shade Skills: These have been changed back to triggering at both the necromancer's location and their shade locations with each use.

Please tell me you remembered to lower the target cap back to 5 since it is cast in both locations again. Otherwise, scourges hitting 20 targets will be so ridiculously broken.

they already said on stream that they forgot to reduce target caps in WvW, so it's going to hit everyone for however long it takes for anet to fix it

@Mr Hewbuc.3259 said:I hope Anet take a look again on this balance regarding WvWNecro should be nerfed not buffed.Berserker and Crono it's not perfect but at least will not be broken.

Just no. Necro isn't even end game PVE viable. It needs buffs. The $$$ come from PVE players, it's time the balance starts seeing that. Reaper needs some serious help.. Necro's will still be a bottom of the barell joke after this patch, but they may perform a little better.

@Kosmo.3468 said:

@Shiyo.3578This game needs LESS superspeed. It's already given out like candy for absolutely no reason, we absolutely do not need more in the game. Do NOT add this to the game.

lower cd on hammer
and
by 3-4s than or at last add personal super speed on Flame Blast
as compensation

No compensation needed, scrapper needs zero superspeed.

LOL, these guys are unbelievable. They just want to leave engineers out of the game. Only Thiefs can have everything in their kits, but when it's another class that instantly becomes "too OP" for this game.Get a grip.

Show me where thief has superspeed, protection,(outside deadeye @ 7 malice), insane sustain, barriers, res utility, etc please. Thief is very much a stealthy scout mobile burst stealth DPS with a clear defined role. Unlike eng, the jack of all trades. master of ALL.

Also holosmith is currently the best class in the game for PvP and both rank1 NA and EU players are playing holosmith. Holosmith is also getting buffed and not nerfed. How is eng "left out of the game"?

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"Orchee.4850" said:

Stop toying with random things and pretending you're balancing the game.

Please understand that although the team is called "Balance" for the purpose of player interpretation, their role is really just to make the game a bit different every now and then. They've said as much on the WvW livestream many, many times.

Think of them as "Meta Mixers", rather than developers who strive to "Balance" the classes - whatever that nebulous term might mean to you.

This would be true if holosmith recieved nerfs, but it doesn't get any so it remains the top class and none of the nerfs to other classes are enough to change anything.

@Shiyo.3578 said:

@"Orchee.4850" said:

Stop toying with random things and pretending you're balancing the game.

Please understand that although the team is called "Balance" for the purpose of player interpretation, their role is really just to make the game a bit different every now and then. They've said as much on the WvW livestream many, many times.

Think of them as "Meta Mixers", rather than developers who strive to "Balance" the classes - whatever that nebulous term might mean to you.

This would be true if holosmith recieved nerfs, but it doesn't get any so it remains the top class and none of the nerfs to other classes are enough to change anything.

I can't speak to recent PvP/WvW metas, but I know that it doesn't really seem like a 'meta mixer' when, like you said, nothing changes significantly. It's hassle for everyone for almost no reason. Some changes were great (shatter, shades), most were miniscule.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Show me where thief has superspeed, protection,(outside deadeye @ 7 malice), insane sustain, barriers, res utility, etc please.

Since when engineers were NOT about multi-utility, jack-of-all-trades? this is the one thing we excel at, are you born yesterday?

It's like saying that Thieves should not have any stealth/ganking kits, because "I can't see them coming". DUH UH? what's the point of playing Thief if you can't be a Thief.

@"Shiyo.3578" said:Also holosmith is currently the best class in the game for PvP and both rank1 NA and EU players are playing holosmith. Holosmith is also getting buffed and not nerfed. How is eng "left out of the game"?

So, by that logic everyone should just drop their favorite class and start playing Holo, because that's an auto-win scenario? man, that's such a poor mentality, thinking that balance patches can turn you into a better player.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Jack of all trades master of all is not good game design in any video game. Jack of all trades, master of none, however, is. Right now, holosmith is jack of all trades master of >>ALL<<.

Engies are definetly NOT master of all, but master of some. Holosmith gave them viable DPS, while Scrapper made them viable Supports.In the other hand, being master of none is just being suboptimal in every stance. You might as well kill the Profession and turn it into a crafting skill like in WoW.

@YamiNoNeko.8739 said:I never thought I would be making a post on here but the condi nerf to weaver ins uncalled for, it is already hard to master and pull off correctly that nerfing it is basically spitting on all the condi weaver players when they have to work and with how hard it is to pull off the damage shouldn't be nerf is like you guys are just looking at the golem numbers and think you aren't dealing with a lot of mechanics on raids in order to execute it correctly.

Is great that power is getting a bit of a buff but is also hard to play and pull but but not to the extend of condi weaver of course and damage it currently does doesn't reflect how hard is to master and how squishy and glass cannon the class is that power weaver should do more damage for being so glass cannon.

If they were looking at Golemn numbers they would be nerfing guardians.

@Kosmo.3468 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:Jack of all trades master of all is not good game design in any video game. Jack of all trades, master of none, however, is. Right now, holosmith is jack of all trades master of >>ALL<<.

Engies are definetly NOT master of all, but master of some. Holosmith gave them viable DPS, while Scrapper made them viable Supports.In the other hand, being master of none is just being suboptimal in every stance. You might as well kill the Profession and turn it into a crafting skill like in WoW.

Holothsmith is currently the strongest class in the game with no real weakness and both the #1 player on EU and NA leaderboards play Holosmith.

Eng players are always the most biased.

@Shiyo.3578 said:Holothsmith is currently the strongest class in the game with no real weakness and both the #1 player on EU and NA leaderboards play Holosmith.

Then drop your Thief and play Holo, what do you have to lose?Some Thief players think they are entitled to own PVP in every aspect.

@Vegeta.2563 said:

@"Fire Attunement.9835" said:

Items
  • Rune of the Mirage: This rune set no longer grants 3 seconds of superspeed when using leap finishers, but instead grants 5 seconds of superspeed when using an elite skill. This effect has a cooldown of 10 seconds.

It never did grant superspeed?

0DkOPIB.png

Did you mean Rune of the Zephyrite???

QChpfFN.png

Definitely an error but lmao this is gold.

Well then.... waiting 3 monts for this nonsense ..... end then another 3 monts......Net people cant balance the game cause there whole concept is fooled sins 2012.They should of made that every weapon ,every class, every profession even every race can bring some specific boons , conditions , cc or whatever..... specific only by that race ,class ,weapon or profession...... example ..... what is the purpose to give DH a bow ? you got ranger for that.....so that bow need to do something that no other class do to be effective .... right now DH bow is good for......nothing......kapish !You cant balance something that have no narrative....i stop play this game 3 years ago end i see nothing change 3 years later end nothing will change in another 3 years unless Net people change the concept of gw2..

@Kosmo.3468 said:

@Shiyo.3578 said:Holothsmith is currently the strongest class in the game with no real weakness and both the #1 player on EU and NA leaderboards play Holosmith.

Then drop your Thief and play Holo, what do you have to lose?Some Thief players think they are entitled to own PVP in every aspect.

Same thing was said about Revenants. So who gets nerfed? The one you don't play? I thought so.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:Wow, these are garbage changes. Scourge is in a good spot right now, why on earth would you make them so dominant that they push out every other dps class again? Back to pirate shipping only for wvw =/

And no nerfs to pulsing immobilize on ranger? wut? do you guys play your game?

I'm trying not to be cynical and stay positive but it's really hard to, the sheer fact that we KNOW this (by this I mean the scourge shade revert) will push every class but scourge out of competitive meta and they want to back to THAT is heartbreaking. Why would they even consider this?? Honestly it really feels very out of touch with the actual issues and effects of their own game.

ArenaNet if you are listening, given the speed and infrequency of your balance changes please PLEASE rethink these changes.