8th anniversary infusion - [Merged]

Thank you for the new infusion. I like that it is not overwhelming. It goes really well with my most played toon, a female human thief in a little black dress. Excellent accessory. Nice addition to fashion wars. Oh yeah, and thanks for the dye that would have cost me over 900g on the trading post. Again - ty for BDay gifts. Oh, wow, just noticed confetti explodes every once in a while - 90 seconds or so (colored confetti, not the silver/blue constant confetti). Hmm so the fireworks/confetti is on stow and draw weapons (also seems to appear about every 90 seconds or so if you are just standing there). Very nice touch indeed

Last week I was pretty ungrateful when I saw the 8th Birthday Gifts. Today I received the infusion and got to say it is absolutely beautiful. You can't but feel special to wear an item new players will receive in several years and it looks so clean.

It only would be cooler if you could finally show off Infusions in HoM, despite being a PvP area, but I am sure that will be added in the future as well!

Thank you ArenaNet for a pretty cool present!

I like that it's relatively subtle compared to some of the infusions. I had considered getting the confetti infusion before, then decided it's too much and would be annoying after a few minutes, but this I think would be ok with the right look. I'm not sure which character I'll use it on yet, but at least it's something I would use.

Getting the anniversary pack reminded me that 8 years ago, on a Friday night, at midnight sharp, I was rushing through character creation just to lock in a name and delete the toon right after. Then, went back in recreated the character, took my time with all the sliders, etc and started playing. Somewhere in there I took the time to phone work and call in sick for the next morning, lol.

@Harak.8397 said:Getting the anniversary pack reminded me that 8 years ago, on a Friday night, at midnight sharp, I was rushing through character creation just to lock in a name and delete the toon right after. Then, went back in recreated the character, took my time with all the sliders, etc and started playing. Somewhere in there I took the time to phone work and call in sick for the next morning, lol.

Yes, this! I get nostalgia every year. I took that whole week off work. They were originally going to launch at midnight pacific, so 3 am for me, but they announced they were going to try to launch sooner and indeed they did launch at my midnight. I made five alts in rapid succession, just skip-to-end, to get the names I'd decided on, and still have screenshots of the wacky results. Then remade each at leisure through the weekend.

So today I got Searing Dye, and I get 3 more dyes tomorrow and a fifth one on Tuesday. After that the birthdays are scattered through the year, but I am super happy to have the charr and norn dyes in my sights at last. I didn't try for them earlier, by kit or TP, because I had a feeling they'd be in the gift :) I do like the infusion, it's my first, and will have to pick which alt to put it on since it's not quite Donari-the-character's style ...

@Lamont.5973 said:Aaaaaand - you can get more from the laurel vendor. Holy Cow!

Thanks for letting us know! I would never have thought to check but it's good to know we don't have to choose just 1 character to use it on, and if we lose it there's a way to get it back.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

.... I do like the infusion, it's my first, and will have to pick which alt to put it on since it's not quite Donari-the-character's style ...Don't have to pick you can get more at the laurel vendor for 25 laurels and 5 gold if you want to

Those have no visual effects.

I've just checked and it does have the visual effect, it's identical to the one from the birthday gift.

It's only sold by the PvE laurel vendor, not the WvW one (who sells other infusions). It's on the bottom tab (Achievement rewards) along with replacements/duplicates for other items which come from achievements like the Mistward armor recipies.

Kind of wish the draw and stow effects were consistent, with one of the two GW2 logos like the big green 2 above the head always playing at draw, with the other smaller red 2 to the side always playing at stow, considering outside of those two effects everything else (be it the passive "aura" as well as the generic little fireworks aside form the GW2 logos) is hardly visible.

@Danikat.8537 said:

Thanks for letting us know! I would never have thought to check but it's good to know we don't have to choose just 1 character to use it on, and if we lose it there's a way to get it back.

.... I do like the infusion, it's my first, and will have to pick which alt to put it on since it's not quite Donari-the-character's style ...Don't have to pick you can get more at the laurel vendor for 25 laurels and 5 gold if you want to

I've just checked and it does have the visual effect, it's identical to the one from the birthday gift.

It's only sold by the PvE laurel vendor, not the WvW one (who sells other infusions). It's on the bottom tab (Achievement rewards) along with replacements/duplicates for other items which come from achievements like the Mistward armor recipies.

My bad; I had not checked the Laurel vendor, and assumed the old ones were being referenced. I guess that means anyone can have the infusion; not just the oldest accounts.

Or, does it only show up for those that have unlocked it?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

My bad; I had not checked the Laurel vendor, and assumed the old ones were being referenced. I guess that means anyone can have the infusion; not just the oldest accounts.

Or, does it only show up for those that have unlocked it?

I think it is the latter to allow those who are eligible to be able to buy more

I was in the middle of typing 'I can't check myself...' when I remembered my second account exists (and is not 8 years old). I've just checked and the birthday infusion isn't on the laurel vendor. Neither are the mistward armor recipes or the other stuff my main account had available, so it looks like they only unlock for purchase once you've already got one.

I know that happens with some things in other tabs too, for example the ascended trinkets from story meta-achievements are added to the laurel vendor once you've unlocked them, but aren't available before then. (Which has caught me out more than once when I'm looking up how to get ascended items with specific stats.)

@Donari.5237 said:

@Harak.8397 said:Getting the anniversary pack reminded me that 8 years ago, on a Friday night, at midnight sharp, I was rushing through character creation just to lock in a name and delete the toon right after. Then, went back in recreated the character, took my time with all the sliders, etc and started playing. Somewhere in there I took the time to phone work and call in sick for the next morning, lol.

Yes, this! I get nostalgia every year. I took that whole week off work. They were originally going to launch at midnight pacific, so 3 am for me, but they announced they were going to try to launch sooner and indeed they did launch at my midnight. I made five alts in rapid succession, just skip-to-end, to get the names I'd decided on, and still have screenshots of the wacky results. Then remade each at leisure through the weekend.

So today I got Searing Dye, and I get 3 more dyes tomorrow and a fifth one on Tuesday. After that the birthdays are scattered through the year, but I am super happy to have the charr and norn dyes in my sights at last. I didn't try for them earlier, by kit or TP, because I had a feeling they'd be in the gift :) I do like the infusion, it's my first, and will have to pick which alt to put it on since it's not quite Donari-the-character's style ...

Congrats! Searing dye is one of my favorites!