[Poll] Weapon for the next Guardian Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want guardians to have a main-hand shield. I would call the spec the Bastion. It would use wells as aoe protection spell to keep themselves and party member from harm.

If not that then my second option would be dual wielding daggers for a martial artist kind of spec and possibly giving guardians an adrenaline type of bar (we'll call it Ki) tied to the virtues.

• 3 months later...

I voted for pistol, However feel guardian REALLY needs two things.Firstly decent DPS long range offhand weapon. Looking at all guardians offhand weapons they tend to be support based.The scepter having a 900 range, having an off hand pistol that hits around the same range would compliment it.

Secondly A decent DPS long range weapon like a rifle or Shortbow.Because they are never gonna fix the Longbow for guardian.I feel like shortbow would be a nice a condi ranged weapon. While the Rifle would be a decent Power based weapon.

We DON'T need warhorn. Guardian already has shouts, and the warhorn normally gives shouts to classes.I don't think it would add anything new to guardian, TBH i think they should give us warhorn in a patch rather than making a new elite spec out of it,Because we know the warhorn will give a few small buffs which might not do much, compared to other classes, just look at mesmar and druid.

So rather than getting another support weapon, We NEED something that focuses on DPS to keep up with the other classes.What is needed is another off hand weapon to help with our DPS or a two handed weapon that has better DPS than the longbow.

I would like a rifle. It would be a deconstruction of the "paladin" trope.My guardian is an Asura, it would improve the "magitech" looks (that sadly Engineer turrets don't provide because Asuran ones have no custom looks).It shouldn't be a power weapon as we already have scepter and staff as range power weapons. A condition ranged weapon would be a good addition.Should it stay a 1200 range weapon, virtues could be modified to works as targettable AoE.It could also be given a "shotgun" feeling with shorter range or reduced effectiveness as long range.

My favourite weapon in the game are Staff, Swords, and Rifle.

• 3 weeks later...