Twitter feed is unnecessary

Add it to your adblock/ublock filters and it removes the feed along with the bar that takes forum space for no good reason.

If you have removed the twitter feed, but still have the "squashed" forum due to the remaining white bar, you probably used the element picker instead?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

...Is that why the forums have been scrunched up this entire time?  I use Brave, which automatically blocks all that stuff.

Now I need to figure out how to un-scrunch the forums.

EDIT: Got it.  For all you Brave users out there, here is what you do:

Step 1: Right click on anything.

Step 2: Scroll down to where it says Brave, and select "Manage Custom Filters"

Step 3: paste the following at the bottom of the new page that opens up:

en-forum.guildwars2.com##.twitter-timeline-rendered.twitter-timeline
en-forum.guildwars2.com##.ipsLayout_sidebarright

Edited by Blood Red Arachnid.2493
  • Thanks 3

Twitter feed is probably there because it was an option with the new software and it lets their tweets be visible on the forums.  There have been times that they've posted on Twitter about an issue and received complaints from some players about not posting about it on the forums too.  Now that will no longer be the case... in a way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

What Twitter Feed? On these new forums?? 🤨

Yes, I have been using an adblocker for years - is that why I don't see anything?

I use adblock and it's on the side for me, maybe you have a setting for it already set up?

I think I understand the Twitter feed on the side, as whoever runs the Twitter account is ten times better than the email/website people (the last episode was released on April 27th and oh looky, I get the email about it on May 4th!) on getting information out. However this method is really horridly set up.

Would have made more sense to have a section on the top that has Tweet tracker, much like the Dev Tracker so if people wanted to see the tweets, they click to them.

Overall, I'm pretty much gonna block it as I already follow the Twitter account, I don't need it taking up space here.

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The only thing I dont understand is why it's not like on the mobile version, bottom of page. That would avoid squishing the forum (and they could even make the twitter gadget wider if they want).

I think they go by screen dimensions. On the PC, make the window of the forums half the size of the screen and it auto-magically behaves itself out of sight, but increases the font size to let you know that it is angry at you.

If you use uBlock Origin, this works perfectly:

Added the following lines to "My filters" at UO settings page:

! 2021-05-01 https://en-forum.guildwars2.com
en-forum.guildwars2.com##.twitter-timeline-rendered.twitter-timeline
en-forum.guildwars2.com##.ipsLayout_sidebarright

EDIT: I suggest adding this line to remove the huge, uninformative header above the list of threads.

en-forum.guildwars2.com##.ipsPageHeader.ipsBox

Edited by keenedge.9675