This 2v2 season makes me want to quit the game

DanSH.6143

The game is not balanced around 2v2, the latest patch buffed some very toxic builds.

Scourge is too op, too much dmg, support and tankiness. It's basically all in one.

Flamethrower Scrapper is just the most ridiculous build I've ever seen, why buff such obnoxious playstyle? it deals way too much dmg for how effort it takes to play the build.

I got extremely into gw2 a few monthes ago, and now I'm considering not playing anymore. The game just feels more frustrating to play than fun.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, DanSH.6143 said:

The game is not balanced around 2v2, the latest patch buffed some very toxic builds.

Scourge is too op, too much dmg, support and tankiness. It's basically all in one.

Flamethrower Scrapper is just the most ridiculous build I've ever seen, why buff such obnoxious playstyle? it deals way too much dmg for how effort it takes to play the build.

I got extremely into gw2 a few monthes ago, and now I'm considering not playing anymore. The game just feels more frustrating to play than fun.

Yes. Scourge and FT Scrapper are maddening to play into, precisely because of how brainless they are to play (especially if you’re playing something that is more complex). I’m not sure why that type of gameplay is encouraged by Anet, tbh. Had a player tell me today that he plays Scourge because he knows he can just button-mash and have moderate success.

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crewthief.8649 said:

Yes. Scourge and FT Scrapper are maddening to play into, precisely because of how brainless they are to play (especially if you’re playing something that is more complex). I’m not sure why that type of gameplay is encouraged by Anet, tbh. Had a player tell me today that he plays Scourge because he knows he can just button-mash and have moderate success.

To be fair, I'm pretty convinced the same applies to most necro builds and Holo as well. 

Though in conquest, thankfully, the people that have that mindset on Necro are generally obvious because they die in one push during the first fight for mid. You just know at that point it's going to be a rough match because they rolled a fotm class they thought would play itself. To some degree it does, but not to the level some of these people are anticipating.

The ONLY thing worse is probably flamethrower scrapper. The fact that a class can just press 111111 and have perm stab is sickening. Especially when you consider the fact that ele's have to go through an intense piano session to get to ONE ability that gives them like 2 stacks of stability. Like, what is this game? Meanwhile the flamethrower engi's pumping out constant damage and just yolo'ing up in everyone's face because being annoying af because they know they can.

I'm not saying it can't be countered or you can't play around it, just that it's honestly ridiculous it even exists. Especially in a game-mode with no diminishing returns where many classes have to adjust their utilities or traits just to get a few stunbreaks or stab. 

I don't know, but I'm glad I don't see many people using it. Probably because it's boring to play.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ellesee.8297 said:

Is ft scrapper good in 2v2? Youd think that you could just go up slightly in elevation and then boom, 0 damage.

I would said Scrapper can survive in 2v2. but still hard to deal with condition scourge and berzerker dh.  the reason for condition scourge can take advantage is because of the map. 2 of the map only got 2 way out and narrow. 

On 5/16/2021 at 1:43 PM, Bast.7253 said:

To be fair, I'm pretty convinced the same applies to most necro builds and Holo as well. 

Though in conquest, thankfully, the people that have that mindset on Necro are generally obvious because they die in one push during the first fight for mid. You just know at that point it's going to be a rough match because they rolled a fotm class they thought would play itself. To some degree it does, but not to the level some of these people are anticipating.

The ONLY thing worse is probably flamethrower scrapper. The fact that a class can just press 111111 and have perm stab is sickening. Especially when you consider the fact that ele's have to go through an intense piano session to get to ONE ability that gives them like 2 stacks of stability. Like, what is this game? Meanwhile the flamethrower engi's pumping out constant damage and just yolo'ing up in everyone's face because being annoying af because they know they can.

I'm not saying it can't be countered or you can't play around it, just that it's honestly ridiculous it even exists. Especially in a game-mode with no diminishing returns where many classes have to adjust their utilities or traits just to get a few stunbreaks or stab. 

I don't know, but I'm glad I don't see many people using it. Probably because it's boring to play

Hi Bast, would you mind not antagonising people fighting in the Arena by healing openents just prior to being downed ? We are all accountable for our behavior and the last thing we need is tools in the shed taking glee in causing grief to others. 

It's bullying behaviour and extremely small minded.

Thanks

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I quit last year for over a year during the 3v3 season. Double Scourge stacking barriers. Rip.

This game is Rez Wars 2 and Necro Wars 2. At this point, I just want necro to be deleted from the game, and that's not even hyperbole. That's what I want the most. To be rid of this kitten. At this point GW2 PvP gives me ptsd. 

Edited by mistsim.2748
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

I quit last year for over a year during the 3v3 season. Double Scourge stacking barriers. Rip.

This game is Rez Wars 2 and Necro Wars 2. At this point, I just want necro to be deleted from the game, and that's not even hyperbole. That's what I want the most. To be rid of this kitten. At this point GW2 PvP gives me ptsd. 

Man you need a break in my opinion. Instead of crying for necro to be deleted in every single thread, just take a small break and relax.

Necro will not be deleted and you know it. Also asking for a entire class to be deleted is not okay so if it frustrate you so much just take a brake.

Edited by razaelll.8324

2 hours ago, razaelll.8324 said:

Man you need a break in my opinion. Instead of crying for necro to be deleted in every single thread, just take a small break and relax.

Necro will not be deleted and you know it. Also asking for a entire class to be deleted is not okay so if it frustrate you so much just take a brake.

Don't worry, people are going to take a break in 2 or 3 months to try some refreshing PVP experience when these new MMO's will be released this summer in the West. Then sadly, the only discussion we will be left with in this forum is how Anet missed on capitalizing on the massive PVP potential their game had for years with 0 competition.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

Here is one of reasons why pvp is bad. People can't tell properly what they want to change. You compain about SCOURGE and ask to delete NECRO right after. Do you know why we have problem with scourges now? Because people like you asked Anet to change scourges in exactly in this way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ivarian.9018 said:

Don't worry, people are going to take a break in 2 or 3 months to try some refreshing PVP experience when these new MMO's will be released this summer in the West. Then sadly, the only discussion we will be left with in this forum is how Anet missed on capitalizing on the massive PVP potential their game had for years with 0 competition.

I heard that before too... we will see what will happen. For me gw2 offers unique experience and i am loving it so far.

Dont get me wrong, my point was that raging like that on forums will not change anything, so imo its better either to try and give some constructive feedback on what you think need to be changed or just have a break , because game is for having fun not to stress out even more.

Edited by razaelll.8324

Idk what you guys want, it's actually the best 2vs2 season we have so far, the last year was way more terrible and that's because the "balance" was done arround conquest. 

Magicly mostly all op classes from conquest where op in 2vs2 and 3vs3 too. 

Last pve patch made that game noticeable worse in pvp but the 2 weeks before were nice

I know that most players are just trying to get their boxes done as efficiently as possible, but man the amount of necro players is really draining.

I'm just trying to have some fun while I finish my boxes man. Ranger's not that great in 2s but it's really rough this go around. 😕

• Like 2

5 hours ago, razaelll.8324 said:

Necro will not be deleted and you know it.

They did it to Firebrand but for some reason symbols were more toxic than red ring that give both many condies and barries at the same time and can be spam non stop.

• Like 4