What's the point of Ele?

Anyone that would sit and argue saying ele is good is actually completely braindead. Just wondering, what is the purpose of the "jack of all trades" class when everything else does a lot more damage, healing, has 4 or 5 times the effective hp and takes a lot less effort to play?

I just don't quite understand the purpose of playing something that is so poorly designed, even though I love the idea of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

It's a class that can do anything but spam clones and stealth. You have to make up with your huge kit for having less health and raw damage by anticipating the flow of battle and swapping attus/rotations accordingly. So before it got lost in the powercreep of PoF, ele was supposed to be the skilled class which wins over you through the power of prediction and high IQ gamer skillz.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

To contract carpal tunnel syndrome 

It also has a bunch of different roles. Weaver can go glass cannon or be a decent side-noder. Tempest can be a decent support.

I don't play Ele in PvP, and I don't think its a bad class by any means. It; like everything else, was just hit hard by all the nerfs and amulet removals over the past year and a half. It's not unique to Ele either. Its genuinely less fun and more frustrating to play as or against any profession after the nerfpocalypse. 

• Like 3

Elementalist is a profession designed to be good at nothing and requires 10 times the efforts you would get with another profession just for DPS. 

The boons provided are suboptimal, it's just there to remind everyone that they have picked the wrong scholar profession in character creation and that they should have picked Mesmer instead, which provides both quickness and alacrity.

• Like 4

It's an effortful class to play right now but quite satisfying when you win a node. Try to get some inspiration from Grimjack although he rightfully complains about how much skill it takes to play the ele vs other classes to get similar results. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

It's an effortful class to play right now but quite satisfying when you win a node. Try to get some inspiration from Grimjack although he rightfully complains about how much skill it takes to play the ele vs other classes to get similar results. 

I fully agree with you but isnt Grimjack a bit too toxic?

Edited by razaelll.8324
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, razaelll.8324 said:

I fully agree with you bit isnt Grimjack a bit too toxic?

Skill-wise, he's talented and super legit. He seems like the blunt, no BS kinda guy tho. From the videos, I don't think he's reported me yet as a bot hahaha. But yeah, he's really good and explains things well. I'll give him that. Also, another good ele is Cellofrag. Hope I got the spelling right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

Skill-wise, he's talented and super legit. He seems like the blunt, no BS kinda guy tho. From the videos, I don't think he's reported me yet as a bot hahaha. But yeah, he's really good and explains things well. I'll give him that. Also, another good ele is Cellofrag. Hope I got the spelling right. 

I didnt watch many of his videos since i saw him AFK at AT , where he play with teapot and complain all the time... He is blocking people just for killing him...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, razaelll.8324 said:

I didnt watch many of his videos since i saw him AFK at AT , where he play with teapot and complain all the time... He is blocking people just for killing him...

Awww, I know he blocks people if their names arent familiar to him but Teapot is like a pillar of this community. Wonder what it takes to get on his good side. But he is a REALLY good ele tho despite the class being sub-par at the moment. It's very playable but the effort is quite draining relative to a lot of the classes ppl here complain about. Hope we get a buff. 

Also, amulets that sync with the class well have been removed. It feels rather hopeless. 

Ele is the one class that can delete people and players cry about "the effort". Imagine having a class where you can use skills without waiting for any cooldown because you can switch your attunement. Fireweaver is one of the strongest sidenoder in the game and lrweaver can sidenode and can roam and has heavy dps output. Tempest is a very good support. 

People should stop crying and playing the class it's insane to say ele is in a bad spot, it's just not number 1 but its pretty close to it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

Awww, I know he blocks people if their names arent familiar to him but Teapot is like a pillar of this community. Wonder what it takes to get on his good side. But he is a REALLY good ele tho despite the class being sub-par at the moment. It's very playable but the effort is quite draining relative to a lot of the classes ppl here complain about. Hope we get a buff. 

Also, amulets that sync with the class well have been removed. It feels rather hopeless. 

He is good , i do not deny that just too toxic, i mean he acts like the world is spining aroud him.

Anyways back on the topic , i think ele is very fun class to play i am experimenting with different builds and to me it is just very very fun. 

Edited by razaelll.8324

27 minutes ago, razaelll.8324 said:

He is good , i do not deny that just too toxic, i mean he acts like the world is spining aroud him.

Anyways back on the topic , i think ele is very fun class to play i am experimenting with different builds and to me it is just very very fun. 

Totally agree. There's a build I'm playing that gives me almost perma 90% speed. Damage and sustainability is compromised but it's super fun. Sometimes I even get accused of cheating/hacking. The class has soooo much potential and I really do hope they rework it. 

• Like 1

Professions like Ele and thief have different mechanics but are in no way harder or more skillfull than the other professions. What will take you more time is learning what every skill does. Once you have done it, it offers strong options either for solo or for teamfight and is very adaptable.

Edited by aymnad.9023

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

Ele is the one class that can delete people and players cry about "the effort". Imagine having a class where you can use skills without waiting for any cooldown because you can switch your attunement. Fireweaver is one of the strongest sidenoder in the game and lrweaver can sidenode and can roam and has heavy dps output. Tempest is a very good support. 

People should stop crying and playing the class it's insane to say ele is in a bad spot, it's just not number 1 but its pretty close to it. 

It's just easier to say that than admitting of being trash playing another profession designed specifically to give results with not as much effort if at all, imagine people saying :" I am bad at a class designed for people who are bad"

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

Totally agree. There's a build I'm playing that gives me almost perma 90% speed. Damage and sustainability is compromised but it's super fun. Sometimes I even get accused of cheating/hacking. The class has soooo much potential and I really do hope they rework it. 

Haha yea, recently i got acused for being cheater too for playing a fresh air tempest build with a lot of stability and mobility.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Touchme.1097 said:

Elementalist is a profession designed to be good at nothing and requires 10 times the efforts you would get with another profession just for DPS. 

The boons provided are suboptimal, it's just there to remind everyone that they have picked the wrong scholar profession in character creation and that they should have picked Mesmer instead, which provides both quickness and alacrity.

It's because ANET should focus on improving the auras.

If we got actual improvement to the current auras maybe making sure things like rebound have more potency in terms of support and we got more versions of auras to give to our group, i think it would help.

The problem is: Why bring ele when other classes give more kinds of useful buffs? Thats why scourge is useful and tempest has trouble, its because the unique part of it needs to be overhauled to actually have something meaningful to offer.

People said it already:

Ele has access to more skills than other classes (except full kit engineer, but who plays this?), which requires a tiny bit of additional effort to learn the skills, when you are new to the class. <= This is where the nonsense, that the class is difficult to play comes from (players play the class for 5 minutes and are overwhelmed by the skillset).

Once you memorized the skills it's one of the easiest classes, because the huge skillset allows a lot of adaptation. <= This is where the nonsense, that the class is weak comes from (players are overchallenged, when they are asked to adapt).

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

Let's think of it as a compliment 🙂

The funniest moment i had is when a guardien acused me for being perma immune and using damage hacks as fire weaver when he ate full pyro vortex and then i weaved to fire earth and used earth  focus 5

Edited by razaelll.8324
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, razaelll.8324 said:

The funniest moment i had is when a guardien acused me for being perma immune and using damage hacks as fire weaver when he ate full pyro vortex and then i weaved to fire earth and used earth  focus 5

😕 My fire weaver wants to be a guardian! Tell him don't be envious of the 3 sec of invuln from obsidian flesh with a 60 sec CD.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrHome.1920 said:

People said it already:

Ele has access to more skills than other classes (except full kit engineer, but who plays this?), which requires a tiny bit of additional effort to learn the skills, when you are new to the class. <= This is where the nonsense, that the class is difficult to play comes from (players play the class for 5 minutes and are overwhelmed by the skillset).

Once you memorized the skills it's one of the easiest classes, because the huge skillset allows a lot of adaptation. <= This is where the nonsense, that the class is weak comes from (players are overchallenged, when they are asked to adapt).

There is nothing easier in this game than necromancer......bots can play necromancer with success even in PvP and yet there are "players" who truly delude themselves in thinking otherwise.

Overchallenged players use necromancer and guardian...the number speak for themselves, core necromancer is the laziest build a man can play, while nothing easier to DPS with than reaper......scourge..well no need for introductions

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, KrHome.1920 said:

People said it already:

I'm pretty sure that Firebrand have more skills(30) than Elementalist(25) and Tempest(29) and 1 less than Weaver(31) if Ele doesn't run any conjures, so false I would say.
You kinda also forget that Ele as a whole have the lowest hp pool and armor in the entire game between all classes, which means it'll be harder to play than anything else, even if have "more" skills to "adapt" at any given time.
Another thing is: Elementalist overall is weak, because of amount of skills, you need to connect 3213153151 skills together to get the same "I press 1, I deal 4513515 damage" as other classes do.
So in short: Elementalist IS difficult and WEAK compared to everything else, it needs to put much more time to be as effective as some randoms playing rev/fb/reaper/whatever for 30min.

Edited by TrollingDemigod.3041
Fixed number of skills 'cause meath is hard at this hour.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1