WARRIOR NEEDS COMPLETE REWORK (PVP AND PVE)

Warrior is fatally lacking in everything, Low AOE, Low Survivability, Low Damage, Utterly useless utilities, Doesn't have a standing role in anything, damage dealing is bad, support is below mediocore, tanking is above average of 5.5 out of 10, they killed warriors because of it's simplicity of it's mechanics, which is a bad idea, those who favors warriors in every MMO game they killed warriors in gw2, guild wars 2 warrior class, maybe the worst warrior class in any MMO, warrior is utterly useless without the discipline spec, both it's condi and damage build is so outdated, the weapon animation are incredibly clunky and slow, it's range is also very small. The utilities are very limited especially for pvp, spell breaker may be the only decent build but not that great either. Warriors are now the 2nd least played class in guild wars 2 just above engineer (not counting newbies in the game). PVP warrior is so weak now, They literally killed warriors for pvp especially when the devs decided to utterly make CC deal no damage anymore, Even  "Break Enchantment" spell breaker skill deals no damage anymore even though it's not even a CC skill. Guild wars 2 has officially spat on the faces of every warrior lovers in every MMOs. Warrior in guild wars 2  is an embarassment  to every other Warrior in other MMOs. 

Hate the developers for killing my favorite class in MMOs

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

I believe, and months of warriors crying on the forum never persuaded me otherwise, that spellbreaker is still far stronger than it should be. Defense is good even on zerk amulet, because full counter is very very spammable and condi cleanse is good (2 every weapon swap with 4/5s cd + immunity to immob + 5 cleanses on mending + 5 each shake it off); damage is ok so long as you land your arching slice, which itself isn't that hard to pull off so long as you tether your target. Core and berserker should get some more meat (berserker in particular is far too predictable) but spellbreaker? It's way more than viable.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, Rukasu.3097 said:

Quoting Anet: 

Berserker has been in a great place with strong support, power, and condition builds that are successful in all content.

So, what's your problem then? Kekw

Strong? It's being out damaged by DH, Herald and reaper. and a "berserker" as support, wow what a pathetic state warrior is in. Do you honestly believe Anet? They kill classes, buffing the wrong classes and nerfing the wrong classes. Why do you think they keep nerfing everything and removing every amulets. Like they literally took out a lot of pvp items for the last 5 years, every year there's less in pvp

Edited by JinONplay.8905
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I believe, and months of warriors crying on the forum never persuaded me otherwise, that spellbreaker is still far stronger than it should be. Defense is good even on zerk amulet, because full counter is very very spammable and condi cleanse is good (2 every weapon swap with 4/5s cd + immunity to movement impeding conditions thanks to leaps + 5 cleanses on mending + 5 each shake it off); damage is ok so long as you land your arching slice, which itself isn't that hard to pull off so long as you tether your target. Core and berserker should get some more meat (berserker in particular is far too predictable) but spellbreaker? It's way more than viable.

It barely deals any damage as a side noder , completely useless in team fights.

6 minutes ago, JinONplay.8905 said:

It barely deals any damage as a side noder , completely useless in team fights.

> barely deals any damage
I have screenshots in front of me, 8.9k throw axe and 9k decapitate, there's a vid from Vallun showing some nice 6k axe drop out of nowhere and axe2 does about the same, arching slice hits for 6k, dash hits for about 4/5k. All those skills are fairly telegraphed, but it's not like warrior lacks the way to land them; bull charge is 3s freecasting, tether will help there too. We're not talking about the pepega-tier damage of a soulbeast while bursting but the damage is there.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 3

Just now, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

> barely deals any damage
> axe drops some 6k in WvW with both 2 and 3 -not sure about pvp because I don't see it played often-, arching slice hits for 6/kk, dash hits for about 4/5k

We're not talking about the pepega-tier damage of a bursting soulbeast but the damage is there.

most other classes deal 10k in 2 seconds, axe skills and it's f1 are easy to dodge cause it's slow as hell

Edited by JinONplay.8905
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JinONplay.8905 said:

most other classes deal 10k in 2 seconds, please axe skills and it's f1 are easy to dodge cause it's slow as hell

1) Most other classes when they run zerk amulet they die the moment someone sneezes in their general direction. That's what I get as a mesmer, at least, because I don't sit on high armor and 19k HP and mending and full counter

2) CDs are so low you can basically retry until it works out anyway, if it fails sprint away with one of the hundred leaps you get, drop mending and try again

3) It's telegraphed but I have 2 dodges and a lot of warrior's skills are on the "must dodge" side of damage. I can dodge one, I can't dodge indefinitely, especially as low cd as they are. Beisdes, the tools to land your bursts are there. Easiest one being tether -> pull -> drop your telegraphed skill

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 8

Why the heck is PvE included in this?

Warr is legitimately in a good place in PvE. Wanted but not so good you absolutely have to have one on every encounter. Ability to switch between Condi and Power depending on boss, good breakbar dmg. It has a very good DPS spec you can switch to and is usually the best choice of class to handle various raid mechanics. You can even do HK on it. There's been some questionable stuff in regards to changes in Tactics and Discipline, but nothing major.

• Like 5

Warrior has become a weak and joyless class to play in PvP and WvW. I enjoyed multiple variations of Warrior, even after countless nerfs I found niches, but the change to resistance made my burst playstyle no longer viable and as my last remaining enjoyable build it was the nail in the coffin. 

With each patch my enjoyment of the game dimished, and now there is nothing left, I still look back hoping for some buffs I could experiment with but they're never there.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

The real issue with warrior is we have telegraphed attacks and CC weapons that deal no damage thanks to certain "changes". We can't just buff up and press one button to kill someone at range in pvp. 

I remember six years ago I swapped to ranger from warrior to test it out, and suddenly I was the one killing everything instead of the one being killed. I see even with elite specs not much has changed on that front, you can still play warrior well but like, they not the ones I see tanking and sometimes beating six people. We can't make ourselves take no damage like a Rev or Dolyak stance. In solo you are not as strong as other classes, in pvp you are not as strong as other classes. If they got rid of the group pve side (why they go and nerf banners like that, but still force us to take that trait line regardless?) We'd have almost no reason for being played at all. 

Right now, you run other classes for all the Fractal skips. Other condi classes for the new condi damage that shreds everything. 

We really do need something besides being a banner slave. Our power damage needs to go up or something'. People can defend Warrior all they like, but its obvious we are on the weaker side of classes if you actually try out the other classes. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

The real issue with warrior is we have telegraphed attacks and CC weapons that deal no damage thanks to certain "changes". We can't just buff up and press one button to kill someone at range in pvp. 

I remember six years ago I swapped to ranger from warrior to test it out, and suddenly I was the one killing everything instead of the one being killed. I see even with elite specs not much has changed on that front, you can still play warrior well but like, they not the ones I see tanking and sometimes beating six people. We can't make ourselves take no damage like a Rev or Dolyak stance. In solo you are not as strong as other classes, in pvp you are not as strong as other classes. If they got rid of the group pve side (why they go and nerf banners like that, but still force us to take that trait line regardless?) We'd have almost no reason for being played at all. 

Right now, you run other classes for all the Fractal skips. Other condi classes for the new condi damage that shreds everything. 

We really do need something besides being a banner slave. Our power damage needs to go up or something'. People can defend Warrior all they like, but its obvious we are on the weaker side of classes if you actually try out the other classes. 

That sounds pretty op. honestly every class has its hard counter.

• Confused 1

Give tether back another might stack per pulse. 

Buff healing sig to compete with mending.

Rework both the 300 CD defense traits.

Rework Berserker to function like a shroud that burns adrenaline for uptime.

Give arms damage, sustain, or more condition variety because it has to legit be the most useless line the game.

Do an actual rework of rifle quit shuffling the skills every couple of years. You can't polish a kitten. No matter where you put volley the weapon is still going to be bad because it doesn't work with warriors kit. Rework into a shotgun themed 600 range weapon that encourages moving towards enemies to transition into melee. Rifle 4 should be going FORWARD like a combat roll. Give it swiftness uptime to make up for the loss of Warrior's Sprint.

Give Warrior boon variety and buff the skills to compete with the skills of it's fellow side noders. Good example of this is Engineer shield outclassing warrior shield by far yet having similar cooldowns. I'd trade 1/2 a second of extra blocking for a stun that flips to a daze. Not to mention protection. Not asking for a perfect copy but how about something like healing on block? How about might if shield 4 lands? Maybe a counter attack flip on shield 5 reminiscent of Ranger GS4? How about a reworking Revenge Counter to change Full Counter into a knockback? How about buffing Enchantment Collapse to 2 boons?

Give defense some form of protection? It's legit called defense why is there might and damage buffs in the line instead of protection?

I can come up with ideas, complaints, and solutions all day long but it doesn't do any good. Anet will never listen. 

Edited by Tycura.1982
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Warrior just needs half its damage back on all of its CCs.

Problem fixed.

Wont help much they gave away the good bits of warrior to the rest of the peanut gallery. For example GS on ranger has all the nice stuff from GS x/Shield on one weapon set( I'm still pissed they gave a kittening 3 second channeled block with a dodge cc , kittening mechanical creep for no kittening reason) or how Holo has the HoT berserker build in one elite. Warrior doesn't bring anything extra like the other classes can. 

Pumping the numbers up won't fix it, they have done it before it only leads to more nerfs after like how the rework on berserker was to nerf survival(pretty dumb) and give more damage then nerf the damage to lower than it was before the rework.

Like @Tycura.1982 said 2 traitlines are useless 3 if you count berserker. 

Arenanet can't balance their unga bunga simple class to be able to unga bunga, you have to play it like chess, he does this I do this, we are the point where warrior has to kite people way more than people have run away from warrior.

Also UNGAAAA

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Warrior just needs half its damage back on all of its CCs.

Problem fixed.

That suggestion is on the same level as when people were asking for « compensation » on thief after the sb cost increase. Damage is not an issue, with the amount of cc (and the duration) you can have in a build and the amount of skills to avoid this would not be a good idea.

Also cc is a form of utility.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tycura.1982 said:

Give tether back another might stack per pulse. 

Buff healing sig to compete with mending.

Rework both the 300 CD defense traits.

Rework Berserker to function like a shroud that burns adrenaline for uptime.

Give arms damage, sustain, or more condition variety because it has to legit be the most useless line the game.

Do an actual rework of rifle quit shuffling the skills every couple of years. You can't polish a kitten. No matter where you put volley the weapon is still going to be bad because it doesn't work with warriors kit. Rework into a shotgun themed 600 range weapon that encourages moving towards enemies to transition into melee. Rifle 4 should be going FORWARD like a combat roll. Give it swiftness uptime to make up for the loss of Warrior's Sprint.

Give Warrior boon variety and buff the skills to compete with the skills of it's fellow side noders. Good example of this is Engineer shield outclassing warrior shield by far yet having similar cooldowns. I'd trade 1/2 a second of extra blocking for a stun that flips to a daze. Not to mention protection. Not asking for a perfect copy but how about something like healing on block? How about might if shield 4 lands? Maybe a counter attack flip on shield 5 reminiscent of Ranger GS4? How about a reworking Revenge Counter to change Full Counter into a knockback? How about buffing Enchantment Collapse to 2 boons?

Give defense some form of protection? It's legit called defense why is there might and damage buffs in the line instead of protection?

I can come up with ideas, complaints, and solutions all day long but it doesn't do any good. Anet will never listen. 

It's too bad cause these are good ideas.

I like your idea for Berserker. The adr bar should also soak a certain amount of damage when getting hit as well. Maybe not all damage like a shroud, but maybe like 50% of incomming damage the adr soaks like a shroud.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524

Warrior has very high >>potential<< damage, the key word being >>potential<<.

The problem is that you quite often can't land that damage against opponents that are leaping/blinking around and spamming blind/cripple.

It doesn't need more damage. It needs better ways to land the damage it already has.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

The problem is that you quite often can't land that damage against opponents that are leaping/blinking around and spamming blind/cripple.

It doesn't need more damage. It needs better ways to land the damage it already has.

^This

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Exactly, more access to passive resistance and tankiness.

And stab, I don't get why every other class has plenty of stab but warrior has almost none.

Edited by Guzzo.5274
  • Like 3