Equine Mount

I can see the next mount being a HORSE.  

The initial one would automatically be tailored to the race riding it in terms of size; a pony or miniature horse for the Asura all the way up to a Clydesdale or Shire for Norn. Anyone who says size doesn’t matter is kidding themselves. 

The speed would be comparable to the raptor with the special ability of a knockdown with the front hooves (or kick with the back) creating a hard interrupt. 

Further skins would include: Fire mounts leaving flaming hoof-prints, Skeletons with bone-rattling sound when running, the Unicorn would have to leave a wake of rainbows (or hearts), and Shadow mounts half in the Mist half in the Terrestrial. 

One thing that would set this mount apart from most of the others is the it would be usable in PvE and WvW.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

I like the idea of a horse mount (it's something I've asked for several times) but I think it would make more sense as a skin for another mount than an entirely new type. There's too much cross-over between things horses can do and things the existing mounts already do, so having it as a seperate mount would be redudant, but I think a horse skin for one of the mounts we've already got would be a fun addition.

10 hours ago, Game of Bones.8975 said:

I can see the next mount being a HORSE.  

The initial one would automatically be tailored to the race riding it in terms of size; a pony or miniature horse for the Asura all the way up to a Clydesdale or Shire for Norn. Anyone who says size doesn’t matter is kidding themselves. 

The speed would be comparable to the raptor with the special ability of a knockdown with the front hooves (or kick with the back) creating a hard interrupt. 

Further skins would include: Fire mounts leaving flaming hoof-prints, Skeletons with bone-rattling sound when running, the Unicorn would have to leave a wake of rainbows (or hearts), and Shadow mounts half in the Mist half in the Terrestrial. 

One thing that would set this mount apart from most of the others is the it would be usable in PvE and WvW.

You’re more likely to see a new skin rather than a new mount. The chance of there being a new mount is incredibly low and will be practically nonexistent once the next expansion is out.  

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Or for the Warclaw.

Better idea, though: wait for the Cantha expansion, then release the Kirin as a new mount, then sell a couple of equine skins for it.

And what kind of movement ability should the Kirin have that's not already covered by other mounts?

21 hours ago, ChampionMasquerade.5283 said:

I'm not are how common Horses are on Tyria. Their only mention has been in the books and they've otherwise never been seen

There actually is a horse in GW2 (and GW1) but you won't have seen it, because it's invisible...and technically not on Tyria. Mr. Gum Drops, Mad King Thorn's invisible pony lives in the Labyrinth and is one of the participants in the race there.

They used to exist in Kryta, Orr, Cantha and possibly Elona. In GW1 one of the types of Orrian undead found around Kryta was Necrid Horsemen. Their mounts don't look like horses (horses don't usually have that many horns, or eyes), but then the riders don't look very human either so that might be some combination of corruption and artistic licence. There's also mentions of horses in use in Kryta during Mad King Thorn's reign (about 200 years before GW1) and a few other references.

One theory I've seen is that horses in Tyria were native to and/or mainly bred in Orr and when the penninsula sank they were wiped out, or now only exist in some distant corner of the world we don't currently have access to. But we don't know for sure.

• Like 1