Would you like to see gw2 Battle Royale?

I had an idea about BR in gw2. Should be looking like teams of 3 ppl, competing against each other in a bigger map. Give every player like 10 lives, place some random buffs on the map, small chance to find a life too. Make it ranked, so player would need a few kills to rank up, and top 3 teams should get some nice rewards. Is there anyone who would be interested in such game mode?

• Sad 1

They have Southsun Survival in this game. 

This is a PvP activity in which players attempt to be the last survivor. Players' skills are limited to the items that they are able to find throughout the map. Each skill has limited uses so players must determine the best time to use each.

Players begin the match circling a stockpile of resources and weapons. Once the announcement ends, players are free to grab whatever they can and are allowed to attack each other. At the beginning of each match, there is a Grace Period that prevents players from being removed too early in the game.

Survivors[edit]

Survivors suffer from the hunger effect, slowly reducing the player's health over time and increasing in intensity as the match progresses. To survive from this effect, players must find and consume rations which recover their health but not reset the stack of hunger. Survivors can gather arrows for their bow attacks, traps, or other bundle weapons. Killing other players does not allow you to loot the items they were holding. Pickpocket Trap can however.

Edited by Just a flesh wound.3589
  • Like 1

let fortnite be fortnite and gw2 be the epic open world exploration adventure mmorpg it is.

there are a few magic based rpg style BRs out there and its completely different from that of this type of game.

theres plenty of pvp maps and mini pvp games to play. If u really need that br rush fortnite is the king right now or go to any of the other ones.

im against the idea of a BR for gw2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I don't want to talk negative directly like a generic excessively conservative naysayer that lives to drag down others ideas, creativity and dreams. So I'll do my best to not sound like one. 

So my answer is, If and only if they remove anything that is related to your class. like skills and traits. instead adding generic bundle skills that you can obtain from the environment like guns and swords that you can pick up. then I'm up for it. otherwise it would turn into "deadeye vs everyone else". 

Then there's another problem, how they can make people get engaged. GTA 5 online has lots of different game modes playing tennis to racing to team FFA. but only a small portion of it is played the most. So it must be rewarding and addictive to play it. It's not an easy task the devs for sure. 

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, artharon.9276 said:

I don't want to talk negative directly like a generic excessively conservative naysayer that lives to drag down others ideas, creativity and dreams. So I'll do my best to not sound like one. 

So my answer is, If and only if they remove anything that is related to your class. like skills and traits. instead adding generic bundle skills that you can obtain from the environment like guns and swords that you can pick up. then I'm up for it. otherwise it would turn into "deadeye vs everyone else". 

Then there's another problem, how they can make people get engaged. GTA 5 online has lots of different game modes playing tennis to racing to team FFA. but only a small portion of it is played the most. So it must be rewarding and addictive to play it. It's not an easy task the devs for sure. 

People never think these things through. It's always just "Hey this other game has X. X should therefor be in GW2." They never think about implementation or checking if X or something similar is already in the game. They also never think about a game's identity and how every game so far that tried to be EVERYTHING from FIFA, to GTA, to Pinball, to Dressup, to Action MMO, to Building SIM, to racing game, to FPS, to survival and so on has failed because having everything usually means being kinda mediocre at everything as well. But people don't think. They "have a great and unique idea about X that needs to be in GW2 or else...". And if the respective OPs never think things through beyond the point of "Hey wouldn't it be cool if..." Why should I take my time to form an actual counterargument?

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

People never think these things through.

I don't know if you're aware, but adding some form of PvP, especially battle royale and open world ganking, is a really popular suggestion to these people regardless of the fact they have been proven to be less than popular niche activities. Also, considering they never suggest these things in the PvP section is suspicious.

Now we just wait if the OP comes back mocking "casual" about this and that, and how people are shooting down a great suggestion that would single handedly save the game from an early grave and all that trite.

Edited by Yggranya.5201
  • Like 2

As a new battle mode in sPvP, I'd have no problem with this idea.  After all, if ANet were to allocate resources to sPvP, it would be an occurrence that doesn't come around very often.  That would of course be dependent on whether there is enough interest in a BR mode as opposed to a different PvP mode that is not already in the game.

@ those who prefer ANet use their resources elsewhere...

That's, of course, your privilege.  However, be aware that there is already a perception that ANet doesn't give enough attention to those who prefer PvP, and some of those players also support the game.  There is a danger in focusing too narrowly, as opposed to attempting to maintain and even grow (!!!!) diverse demographics to support ongoing development for everyone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

I think you're right about those limitations being necessary, but that makes it sound exactly like Southsun Survival, which we've already got. I'm not sure what a new mode doing the same thing would add to the game.

Maybe what Anet should do is find a more effective way to signpost players to the activities and other maybe lesser known parts of the game so those who are interested know it exists and how to find it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

As a new battle mode in sPvP, I'd have no problem with this idea.  After all, if ANet were to allocate resources to sPvP, it would be an occurrence that doesn't come around very often.  That would of course be dependent on whether there is enough interest in a BR mode as opposed to a different PvP mode that is not already in the game.

@ those who prefer ANet use their resources elsewhere...

That's, of course, your privilege.  However, be aware that there is already a perception that ANet doesn't give enough attention to those who prefer PvP, and some of those players also support the game.  There is a danger in focusing too narrowly, as opposed to attempting to maintain and even grow (!!!!) diverse demographics to support ongoing development for everyone.

I used to pvx in gw2 but they dumpstered wvw too hard so now I play neither more than a few hours a month. So yep that's the risk they seemingly gladly run for the last couple years.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

People never think these things through. It's always just "Hey this other game has X. X should therefor be in GW2." They never think about implementation or checking if X or something similar is already in the game. They also never think about a game's identity and how every game so far that tried to be EVERYTHING from FIFA, to GTA, to Pinball, to Dressup, to Action MMO, to Building SIM, to racing game, to FPS, to survival and so on has failed because having everything usually means being kinda mediocre at everything as well. But people don't think. They "have a great and unique idea about X that needs to be in GW2 or else...". And if the respective OPs never think things through beyond the point of "Hey wouldn't it be cool if..." Why should I take my time to form an actual counterargument?

Of course nobody has to spend time to reply any idea if they don't like it. Or find it too generic. I believe expecting people to give a meaningful feedback when they don't like an idea is a healthy thing. Simply writing NO is a reaction not an actual answer and wasting both of our times for them to write for me to read. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think you're right about those limitations being necessary, but that makes it sound exactly like Southsun Survival, which we've already got. I'm not sure what a new mode doing the same thing would add to the game.

Maybe what Anet should do is find a more effective way to signpost players to the activities and other maybe lesser known parts of the game so those who are interested know it exists and how to find it.

There's the thing with Southsun Survival though. Maybe some of us here know how to squeeze the content out of the game so how to participate in that event but for the most of the people they don't even know where is it, or even its existance. 

Well, give people higher chance to obtain a precursor or gems from southsun survival mode and watch it become the next big thing in the gw2's history.

• Haha 2