Legendary Armory: The Elite are controlling you

3 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Yep, which is the reason why ArenaNet are doing this. The way that the Legendary Armory will work definitely makes getting Legendaries appealing to me. I have 5 Legendaries (Incinerator, Chuka and Champawat, Astralaria, HOPE, and Sunrise) and had no drive to get anymore but from now on getting more will be my long term goal.

I suspect you're probably right.

Before this I only made legendaries if I liked the skin, even the stat swapping wasn't that useful to me. Now I'm planning to make a backpack (I don't like any of their skins) just because then I won't need to hold onto any other level 80 backpacks. I normally have 10-11 in my bank "just in case" (I only have 12 characters) so it will free up a lot of space.

I suspect this was a way of adding more functionality to legendaries to make them more useful and appealing so more players would want to make them, rather than (or as well as) a very minor QoL update for those who already have a lot and frequently swap them between characters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Before this I only made legendaries if I liked the skin, even the stat swapping wasn't that useful to me. Now I'm planning to make a backpack (I don't like any of their skins) just because then I won't need to hold onto any other level 80 backpacks. I normally have 10-11 in my bank "just in case" (I only have 12 characters) so it will free up a lot of space.

I suspect this was a way of adding more functionality to legendaries to make them more useful and appealing so more players would want to make them, rather than (or as well as) a very minor QoL update for those who already have a lot and frequently swap them between characters.

Exactly, a couple of my Legendaries are in the bank because swapping them around was a pain. I know, it's a minor pain, but enough to mean that I was happy leaving them there and using ascended or even exotic weapons rather than swap them about. This does away with all that making Legendaries so convenient that there's no excuse to not use them anymore!

In my bank I have a bunch of ascended accessories, back pieces, and more than two tabs of exotic sigils and runes. I'm looking forward to, slowly, removing all those.

Ah, another very insightful and not at all baity and/or trolly thread by Morty. Have your (you), see you again next week.

Why do you care? This isn't "a real game for real gamers" anyway, amirite?

(OP has a history of making these threads once/twice a week. Usually they come with either some edgy take like "why is mesmer a class for only girls"(because the pink and purple color scheme is very triggering i guess) or with some pseudo-controversy like this one. Also, OP never bothers to have an actual discussion, usually it's just the OP-post and then he/she/xim is off until the next thread arrives. This behavior, leads me to the conclusion, that OP is not at all interested in the toppics that "need to be discussed now, or else" but only interested in attention, i.e. (you)'s,  and the trolling of the forum community. I have this user blocked, but this doesn't keep his/her/xorts threads from showing up for me. Have a nice day.)

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Thanks 12

31 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

Ah, another very insightful and not at all baity and/or trolly thread by Morty. Have your (you), see you again next week.

Why do you care? This isn't "a real game for real gamers" anyway, amirite?

(OP has a history of making these threads once/twice a week. Usually they come with either some edgy take like "why is mesmer a class for only girls"(because the pink and purple color scheme is very triggering i guess) or with some pseudo-controversy like this one. Also, OP never bothers to have an actual discussion, usually it's just the OP-post and then he/she/xim is off until the next thread arrives. This behavior, leads me to the conclusion, that OP is not at all interested in the toppics that "need to be discussed now, or else" but only interested in attention, i.e. (you)'s,  and the trolling of the forum community. I have him blocked, but this doesn't keep his/her/xorts threads from showing up for me. Have a nice day.)

This.

Also the reason why TC is one of the very few, 3 at the moment, who has made it onto my block list for the forums. There are some members which are just so nonconstructive, it's not worth reading what they post, ever.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I imagine that if Mortifera keeps up the trolling/griefing the mods will deal with him/her/it eventually.  They've certainly gotten involved with less.

It? 

Did you mean,

Robot/android?

Puppy dog?

AI/software intelligence?

Alien?

🤣😂

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

Dude, legendaries are just a time commitment they are not hard to get at all.

I have 6 runes (kitten the aquabreather), Twilight, a pair of Frostfangs, The Predator, Ad Ininitum, Conflux, Slumbering Conflux, Vision, Aurora, and a set of WvW heavy Triumphant Hero armor.

That's just from the past three year without really trying to do it. I have half the tickets needed for another set of legendary armor, and the provisioner tokens to make the 4 sigils when I want after the armory is released.

2 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Yep, which is the reason why ArenaNet are doing this. The way that the Legendary Armory will work definitely makes getting Legendaries appealing to me. I have 5 Legendaries (Incinerator, Chuka and Champawat, Astralaria, HOPE, and Sunrise) and had no drive to get anymore but from now on getting more will be my long term goal.

Yep same here.

I have 2 legendary weapons bound on my account, i've made more but I sold them because their skins were ugly and I'd rather have the gold.

With this armoury feature though I feel more enticed to make other legendary weapons and keep them despite the ugly skins.
Stat swapping, account sharing, template customisation.. there's a lot more pros to making legendary stuff now than there was before.

Hello

So as you take into account how much time someone has spent ingame or doing things to get legendaries to call them Elitist I will first explain my current situation. I am an avid player in an RP guild that enjoys from Guild Wars mostly the story and doing chalenges with my friends, this led me to start learning fractals, (I just made it to have my full ascended armor)but I do own Twilight after non stop grinding for a month. To be honest I got the sword and have never used the change stat, because I don't have condi characters or anything that would benefit other than from Berzerker stats... But anyway, I am excited about the new armory!, because they are making an already nice item that let's you change stats, into a more versatile item because all your characters can have it at the same time! In my humble opinion your point of view is too pesimistic, they made the armory for commodity for the players but also they gave players (through achivements) an easy to get legendary trinket, to show them the power of legendaries, in order to encourage us to get them. I am close to getting the fractal legendary backpack thanks to the Armory announcement!

Nobody is forcing no one to get them, and they are not strong enough to make the game unfair if you don't have one. 

I suggest you try to enjoy the game and if you aren't too hyped about the armory is fine!

7 hours ago, Mortifera.6138 said:

Everyone now posting about their excitement for the Legendary Armory has about 1 legendary trinket and that's it... But suddenly the hardcore elite players resurfaced to generate hype for something only they can fully utilize. And people are falling for it.

Well the armory is just a pretty healthy addition to the game. So even if you can not personally get advantage from it, you can still be happy about the addition.

This is like middle-class Republicans supporting the rich, because they think it's also in their own interests, and that they too can one day become rich.

Not equivalent at all, because these supports harm the middle class most of the time.

Why should we be excited for something only a small percentage of the population can take advantage of?

Let me ask the reverse question, why do you think the update is bad for the game.

• Thanks 3

Noone knows what ANET plans to do with the upcoming expo in terms of new features etc. But as it is, leggy armory (and weaponry) seems like a great idea to make people go out of their way into making more leggy weapons (and maybe get into raid training guilds!). Which means more time invested in the game. Which means a more popular MMO. Which means more money.

Just imagine, having just 2 leggy weapons, which you can use on each char, at all times, selectable stats on the fly, free transmutation... it practically sells itself. 

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Well actually no.

The reason Anet is doing this is most likely because they totally kittened up legendaries with their own new template system so it didnt leave them much choice other than to figure out a new system for "moving" them between character. Currently you cant without everything breaking.

If we didnt have the templates, we would probably never have gotten the armory either because they wouldnt have bothered.

• Like 1

Lmao, is this a troll post? 😄

The armoury has given me incentive to craft way more legendaries. Imagine being able to create a new char, level to 80, and you instantly have gear for it, that you can change the stats of whenever you want? I think it sounds great honestly. I'm never going to have to farm winterberries for ascended backpacks ever again.

6 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Armor is the easiest to get... 0 mystic coins involved.... I was in the process of crafting vision and looking at the hiked price for coins, I delayed vision until I get coins but in the meantime started raid legy Armor and completed 2 full sets (different weight) of legy Armor... You'll know when u start crafting armors, it's the easiest and cheapest and more useful legendary

That's not true - every legendary requires mystic coins in the form of mystic clovers. You can absolutely get clovers without mystic coins if you do reward tracks, or from the daily log-in reward, but I don't think you can say it doesn't require them.

It's only gen 2 weapons and trinkets that require a stack of MC on their own though.

Armour is definitely the cheapest though - I believe it's around 350g/piece, with weapons being 1600-2000g~ each.

• Like 1

As someone who has played the game since release I can happily tell you that over the years I accumulated 13 pieces of legendary armor, all trinkets, 1 legendary backpack, 12 legendary weapons (3 of which are gen2)

I am not at all trying to make money as fast as possible but I have spoken to players who got into the game about a year ago. They are enjoying their 4th or 5th legendary right now. So it is for sure possible for new players as well.

Making legendaries is literally something you can (if you want to) knock out in a month. Probably faster if you really grind for it.

I assume you are actually trolling and if not, I hope you one day realise it is not that difficult to make money in this game for legendaries and that a good amount of dedicated players are sitting on a bunch of them and for those of us, this is a real quality of life.

Have been making legendaries  for just under 2 years , and have 2 sets armour (medium/light) 16 weapons (one of each kind-not water ones yet!), ascension, aurora , vision, + 2x WvW rings. 

The armoury is a lovely addition. Big thumbs up from me. 

Only wish they would allow all the ascended i won't need to be traded, but that's another discussion. 

Edited by Dami.5046

Lol 45 posts, you're one of the Elites who magically reappeared in order to get everyone excited about the Legendary Armory!

If you played the game instead of ranting about your incompetence or lack of motivation to craft legendary armor maybe you would have it by now. Since they made very early announcement about such feature coming to the game we were given plenty of time to craft whatever we see fit for our needs or simply gain more from the equipment we've already had. Legendary armor is available through 3 different game modes, so they don't even force you to do a specific game mode, you have the choice. It is legendary for a reason, it takes more time to get than ascended gear, if you see it as too much for you, noone forces you to make it, ascended has just as good statistics. People will hype it up, most likely.. Those who own legendaries, so yeah "the rich" who own legendaries will hype it up, nothing bad about it, i see it as an extension of build templates, for those who put time and effort to craft legendaries. Remember that nothing stops you from getting them, you might find crafting legendary weapons easier as they often require just killing one or two world bosses if it's not too much for your gameplay style and few open world events.

• Like 1

For elitist players this is merely Quality of Life. Most players on the top-end of the game be that Raids, PvP or WvW have so much ascended gear and also materials/gold that it doesn't really matter too much. You just have a lot less of annoying swapping if the meta changes and you need new stats or you want to play around with stats a bit. If you only play open world and enjoy GW2 that way you don't even need anything legendary. You can literally run around in exotic stuff and have fun the same way. It doesn't really matter since almost all open world content is made in a way you don't really need to optimize your gear or even build for.

There's nothing elitist about this though. This actually gives a lot of people further incentive to make getting the legendaries a cool and useful long-term goal to work towards. It doesn't just incentivize and benefit the elite, it benefits everyone who's interested in getting either a legendary or a full set. 

I totally agree with OP. How many of us actually have tens of toons with a hundred builds? The forum has been asking for many other more practical and useful stuff and has been totally ignored for years. For example, swimsuits and dyable undies...

ANet just want us to grind and grind and grind for more leggys. Hope grinding is not EoD's main content.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I am in no way elite, but have played since the early days of GW1. I have 10 weapons, 6 runes, 2 sigils, and can make 2 more weapons now. I plan to make one of each then start in on the weapons that might be dual-wielded, like axe. I'll finish the runes and sigils, too. 

That may be it, we'll see if armor or trinkets ever happen.

Point is, it is not difficult to make legendary gear. No elitism required.

3 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I am in no way elite, but have played since the early days of GW1. I have 10 weapons, 6 runes, 2 sigils, and can make 2 more weapons now. I plan to make one of each then start in on the weapons that might be dual-wielded, like axe. I'll finish the runes and sigils, too. 

That may be it, we'll see if armor or trinkets ever happen.

Point is, it is not difficult to make legendary gear. No elitism required.

Elitism = 2 character lv 80

• Haha 2