Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

Am I reading this correctly? I'm a wvw player and have been working toward making a slumbering Conflix to go along side my Conflux this will now be impossible? The only way for me to have 2 legendary rings will be to pve raid? It's like you guys give with one hand a take with the other. Bad enough that only pve raid legendary armour has nice effects and achievements for unlocking. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop what else are you guys taking away?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yourexcellency.1458 said:

Am I reading this correctly? I'm a wvw player and have been working toward making a slumbering Conflix to go along side my Conflux this will now be impossible? The only way for me to have 2 legendary rings will be to pve raid? It's like you guys give with one hand a take with the other. Bad enough that only pve raid legendary armour has nice effects and achievements for unlocking. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop what else are you guys taking away?

No after armory you will only be able to make the non slumbering version, they are also removing the unique tag from conflux so you will be able to use 2 of them, just dont finish it before the arnory or you might have to w8 for the vendor.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm one of the people with 9 sets of legendary raid armor. I know we were told to keep an eye on our email, but I might not be around for the next week. Do I need to screenshot or do something specific before next Teusday to prove that I've had multiple copies of legendaries? And is there any kind of information regarding what happens for the people who have excess copies?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alekko.5906 said:

I really mean no disrespect when I say this but when I set on the journey to unlock Coalescence, Vision and Aurora, I didn't do it for their visual effects, I wanted an infinitely stat-selectable item that fits in their respective trinket slot. I do hope that in the future, just like how you mentioned a vendor will be added to allow people to upgrade their slumbering trinkets to the fully awakened versions, another vendor is also added so that people with Coalescence, Vision and/or Aurora, can simply purchase an infinitely stat-selectable item that fits in the respective trinket slot (think of how nothing funky happens if a player wears Legendary trinkets in combination with ascended or other rarity trinkets in the other slots). This would allow players like myself to enjoy the amazing quality of life that Legendary trinkets bring without being subject to the visual effect that is currently tied to them.

Thanks for the clarification.

This please. We need a vendor to let us trade these trinkets for versions with no aura effect.  I love the effort on them, but fashion matters.  I can't use these auras with every look and that's no minor detail for a game that lives or dies on cosmetic purchases from its cash shop! 

Thanks for the update and for your consideration on this issue.

• Like 4

Players will not be able to acquire new slumbering trinkets after July 13 release and any existing slumbering trinkets will not be absorbed into the Legendary Armory. The recipes for these items will instead reward the awakened trinket.  

Does this mean that the new recipe will be the same as the old one for the slumbering version, or the old one for the awakened version? If it's the old recipe for the slumbering version and just gets upgraded to the awakened version for free, that means that all the hours players like myself spent grinding out our automated tournament wins to upgrade slumbering Transcendence to the awakened version was for nothing, and the visual effect is being devalued.

Edited by ninja sloth.2658
clarification

Stupid question. Don't know if it's been answered yet. I know you will be able to retrieve 7 runes and 8 sigils, but how many do you need to actually own to be able to do that? Would be silly if it's only 1 of each, right? Do you need to own 6 runes and 4 sigils... or?

7 minutes ago, Serpiente.4510 said:

Stupid question. Don't know if it's been answered yet. I know you will be able to retrieve 7 runes and 8 sigils, but how many do you need to actually own to be able to do that? Would be silly if it's only 1 of each, right? Do you need to own 6 runes and 4 sigils... or?

Yes, for an ordinary player that isn't burdened by having too much gold in their wallet, 6 runes and 4 sigils are the numbers you should go after. Everything beyond that is just for underwater gear, for the most dedicated few.

Edited by ZEUStiger.3590

4 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence 

We wanted to make a toggle for the three legendary PVE trinkets (Aurora, Vision and Coalescence). Unfortunately, these three items are setup differently from other items with visual effects and giving them a toggle is a complex problem. That probably sounds silly – it’s just a checkbox, right? A quick peek behind the curtain: these items are set up using a stacking buff (based on the number of equipped legendary trinkets) to determine which visual effect is added to the character model (i.e. the effect is actually added by the buff, not the item). The toggles in the Equipment panel control the visual effects on the items themselves–it’s not changing which item is slotted (i.e. it’s not switching to the slumbering version). This makes it much more difficult to convert them to the system where effects are on the item itself and can be toggled. Conflux and Transcendence previously got their effect from a buff not the item, but because they were a non-stacking buff we were able to move the effect to the item with a small amount of work and allow it to benefit from the toggle. 

Fixing this for Aurora, Vision, and Coalescence would require a rework of the visual effects for these items and how they’re applied (which would likely leave some players unhappy as it would change their appearance), or a significant engineering investment to build a one-off solution. That investment isn’t something we can commit to right now–our engineering team is focused on End of Dragons, Alliances, and DX11. We understand how important this is to all of you and that this isn’t the response you were hoping for, but in the spirit of transparency we wanted to let you know where things currently stand.

This maybe sounds crazy, but what if the new legendary amulet gives a fourth stack and the effect of four stacks is no effect?
So we would be able to use the trinkets without effects and if someone wants a set with all effects they can use the pvp amulet.

The 4 stack effect also could be changed to something visible if the stack problem gets solved some day.

I really would like to use the legendary trinkets but with these effects I'll probably have to rely on ascended for most if not all my characters...

• Like 6

I just want to give a shoutout that I appreciate the transparency, and I love learning the developer insights. Holy choya, there's a lot going on under the hood!

Personally I'm not expecting hideable Aurora, etc... until after EoD, so I'm not concerned with it at the moment. We' ve had years of purple balls, so what if we have to wait a bit longer? But I do look forward to it. I really like Coalesence, since, like legendary armor, it's a symbol of the hard work I put into raids. But I do understand, it's very apparent that EoD takes precedent in development, and I'm happy we even got the armory in the first place.

Hopefully EoD is successful so this feature can be finished off. Thanks for the update!

One funny thought that the purple balls are gonna be EVERYWHERE after this update, due to the armory. The marionette zerg is going to be hilarious, lmao!

Edited by Kain Francois.4328
  • Like 2

Thanks for the clarification why the PvP and WvW Trinkets could be programed to be toggled but the PvE ones could not as easily.  It does not change I am still upset about this because Having the visual effect takes away of my fashion choice.  In this regard i really do want to keep my fashion choice and the function of my gear separate. Such as the many Infusions added over the years i have a couple that change my appearance. However i choose not to use them because i out right dislike the way it changes my look. I would like to use them to get the added stats they offer however the added effects i find just to annoying. If i would just want one toggle switch it would be to TURN OFF ALL EFFECTS. just all of them. not just for me but for all players as well.  I find it to much of a visual clutter and it takes away focus from the game. This is why i have basic enemy and Standard Models enabled when playing Competitive modes.

• Like 2

Guys, sorry question I'm using google translator. But I have Aurora and Vision made in storage and I really made them because I think their effect is really awesome. But I gave up when I saw that it takes 77 clover + 250 MC. So I decided to finish just the Achiviment, and I'm trying to make the Conflux Achiviment so I would do all 3 at the same time. I think the effect is kitten.

My question is, already create Aurora and Vision now, or wait until the 13th? Answer me please, 3 days to go.

1 hour ago, Bovan.9481 said:

I'm one of the people with 9 sets of legendary raid armor. I know we were told to keep an eye on our email, but I might not be around for the next week. Do I need to screenshot or do something specific before next Teusday to prove that I've had multiple copies of legendaries? And is there any kind of information regarding what happens for the people who have excess copies?

The original blog post says they will do something about people in our situation AFTER the patch hits. 

Here I quote it for you

> We’ve identified a small number of players (approximately 0.008%) who own more account-bound copies of a unique legendary item than their Legendary Armory can hold. We’ll reach out to those players in the days following the release with information about how to resolve the issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

That investment isn’t something we can commit to right now–our engineering team is focused on End of Dragons, Alliances, and DX11. We understand how important this is to all of you and that this isn’t the response you were hoping for, but in the spirit of transparency we wanted to let you know where things currently stand. 

I appreciate this honesty Neko but I really don’t want to see this matter be swept under the rug in the future when other focuses arise. Like many players, I think the PvE trinket balls look really, really bad. Cosmetics are the core of this games reward structure.  I like how my characters look after years of playing.  

Obtaining a legendary item should feel like a good thing. Every other legendary besides these can remove the visual effect if you don’t want it. As it stands right now: achieving these legendary items would make me want to not play my characters. It would make me hate playing them. That is forcing players to make a choice between using an item they earn and wanting to enjoy playing their character. Please do not forget this.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Serpiente.4510 said:

You need to own 1 for each slot you plan to use.  You can't clone 1 rune for say 6 pieces of armor.. you need 6 runes for 6 pieces of armor.

52 minutes ago, Lucien.6395 said:

Guys, sorry question I'm using google translator. But I have Aurora and Vision made in storage and I really made them because I think their effect is really awesome. But I gave up when I saw that it takes 77 clover + 250 MC. So I decided to finish just the Achiviment, and I'm trying to make the Conflux Achiviment so I would do all 3 at the same time. I think the effect is kitten.

My question is, already create Aurora and Vision now, or wait until the 13th? Answer me please, 3 days to go.

You can make them now.

• Like 1

Great post. I have a clarification I am seeking, and a question/suggestion.

1) Will it still be possible to combine non-bound sunrise and twilight to create eternity, and use that to unlock the skins of sunrise/twilight while recouping the cost of eternity? (I am rather hoping the answer is "no", to be honest, because I have always felt that completely undermined the whole point of eternity, but it does sound like it will be "yes" - I am glad at least that people won't unlock the item in the armory).

2) On the issue of the raiding legendary trinkets, could you perhaps make "slumbering" versions of those trinkets which are also unlocked? It's not exactly elegant (especially when you've just removed the slumbering workaround for other trinkets), but as long as it's a different item, it seems usable? Obviously I respect your decision on priorities and I think it makes sense, I just thought it worth bringing up as you didn't mention it as an option in the original post and it seems to me something worthwhile to pursue if it isn't too difficult.

Thank you for the communication!

7 minutes ago, Flapjackson.1596 said:

I appreciate this honesty Neko but I really don’t want to see this matter be swept under the rug in the future when other focuses arise. Like many players, I think the PvE trinket balls look really, really bad. Cosmetics are the core of this games reward structure.  I like how my characters look after years of playing.  

Obtaining a legendary item should feel like a good thing. Every other legendary besides these can remove the visual effect if you don’t want it. As it stands right now: achieving these legendary items would make me want to not play my characters. It would make me hate playing them. That is forcing players to make a choice between using an item they earn and wanting to enjoy playing their character. Please do not forget this.

I full heartedly agree, this should be top priority, preferably before the legendary amulet iss optainable.

• Like 4

On 7/9/2021 at 11:12 PM, Kolzi.5928 said:

Great post. I have a clarification I am seeking, and a question/suggestion.

1) Will it still be possible to combine non-bound sunrise and twilight to create eternity, and use that to unlock the skins of sunrise/twilight while recouping the cost of eternity? (I am rather hoping the answer is "no", to be honest, because I have always felt that completely undermined the whole point of eternity, but it does sound like it will be "yes" - I am glad at least that people won't unlock the item in the armory).

2) On the issue of the raiding legendary trinkets, could you perhaps make "slumbering" versions of those trinkets which are also unlocked? It's not exactly elegant (especially when you've just removed the slumbering workaround for other trinkets), but as long as it's a different item, it seems usable? Obviously I respect your decision on priorities and I think it makes sense, I just thought it worth bringing up as you didn't mention it as an option in the original post and it seems to me something worthwhile to pursue if it isn't too difficult.

Thank you for the communication!

I can try to answer 1..

From what I read.. when you add Eternity to the armory, it unlocks all 3 greatswords.  If the item you have is not account bound and can still be traded, it will not be added to the armory.  So you should still be able to forge sunrise and twilight to make eternity.  If you have sunrise and/or twilight added to the armory, you will get a token that can be used in replacement for the forge recipe to make eternity.

**Edit:**  I forgot to include, that the tokens you get for sunrise or twilight.  When you craft Eternity from them, Eternity will be account bound.

Edited by Vegeta.2563
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

No

We understand your concern. Our team has put a lot of time into thinking about edge cases and put hundreds and hundreds of hours testing the auto-conversion process alone

Introducing more slumbering trinkets (and then adding them all to the LA, because what good would they be if not, right?) would create unfairness for players who crafted the awakened version before now. Players who crafted it later would get an unlock for the slumbering version and also the awakened version when it was upgraded (similar to the Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity situation, because removing a charge from your LA is not feasible). For rings and accessories though this means a player could craft only 1 legendary but equip 2 legendaries (not as much as issue for the 3 greatswords because you already had 2, and the 3rd does not give you an unfair advantage so it was an acceptable outlier)

Why not just make trinkets transmutable skins like armor or weapons? Or give ppl a chance to exchange their pve trinkets with another legendary versions of it 

Edit PS maybe thats also why communication after feedback should be not a full year break silence before 1 week warning time before publishing a so big feature 

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, zealex.9410 said:

No after armory you will only be able to make the non slumbering version, they are also removing the unique tag from conflux so you will be able to use 2 of them, just dont finish it before the arnory or you might have to w8 for the vendor.

Since you will be able to add 2 Conflux to the armory, why not just turn 1 slumbering into Conflux just a few hours before patch, that way when it goes live you can add both instead of waiting for the vendor to upgrade slumbering into Conflux (which who knows how long that will take to release, could be weeks).

• Like 2