Legendary Armory: Follow up clarifications

9 minutes ago, Expertus.5746 said:

Just unlock a slumbering version, right after you crafted the normal one, make it unique, so you cannot wear Coalescence, and Slumbering Coalescence at the same time. 

I think the issue is that maybe they can't make those "Unique", so just enabling the entire crafting for a new Slumbering one ( that at this point could be equipped with the Original one ) would be the same as allowing second crafting of the 2nd gen weapons.

Hello.

I have 2 wvw rings - Slumering Conflux and Conflux.
So I understand that Slumbering ring will not go into armory, only Conflux.
Since it says the NPC to upgrade will come at a later time - I gotta ask - will the recipe to manually upgrade still be available? Its only 13gold so I personally would rather just upgrade rather than wait.

Also I had 1 full set + 4/6 piece of light legendary armor (start crafting 2nd set before armory was ever even brought up) - both sets are WvW armors. Does this mean I will part of that 0.008% who will be reached out to?

Lastly,

Eternity, Sunrise, and Twilight 

We already answered this question in another thread, but for the sake of completeness we’ll hit it again here. Players that bound Eternity to their accounts prior to the release of the Legendary Armory will receive an unlock for both Sunrise and Twilight in their Legendary Armory. Unbound Eternities bought from the Trading Post and added to the Legendary Armory will also act the same way. However, Eternity granted from the new Mystic Forge recipe using token items will not grant the additional unlocks. 

Im confused. Doesnt this mean that after the patch if you were to craft an eternity - you would end up with 3 legendary greatswords?
Sunrise, twilight and Eternity - which is more than what you can fit in the armory? Unless you dont need to bound Sunrise and Twilight anymore?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vova.2640 said:

Also I had 1 full set + 4/6 piece of light legendary armor (start crafting 2nd set before armory was ever even brought up) - both sets are WvW armors. Does this mean I will part of that 0.008% who will be reached out to?

Lastly,

Im confused. Doesnt this mean that after the patch if you were to craft an eternity - you would end up with 3 legendary greatswords?
Sunrise, twilight and Eternity - which is more than what you can fit in the armory? Unless you dont need to bound Sunrise and Twilight anymore?

If both armorsets are based on the same ascended precursor-set, then you are part of the 0.008%, but I'm not sure how it is handled when you used one of the other variations for pvp/wvw sets.

Having 3 different great swords is not more than what can fit in the armory. Since you can store up to two PER ITEM. (So up to 2 twilight, 2 sunrise and 2 eternity) (so up to 6 gen1 greatswords in total)

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Creating and adding Eternity still benefits you in some way, because it at least has an unique skin. WvW/SPvP legendary armors however do not have unique skins. They reuse a skin from their precursor, ascended armor. If you already have an envoy set, there will be no point in upgrading SPvP/WvW precursors to legendaries at all.

Oh yeah, I fully agree, I'm just saying what will happen according to the Armoury rules: they're separate sets so they're all separate Armoury unlocks. 

Personally, I always thought that the PvP and WvW should have had unique skins just not as elaborate as the raid armours, the dev times for those were daft (although I'd say most of that dev time was spent on the heavyv set). The PvP and WvW legendary sets cost a lot and take a lot of time too so unique skins seen appropriate to me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nasbit.3240 said:

If both armorsets are based on the same ascended precursor-set, then you are part of the 0.008%, but I'm not sure how it is handled when you used one of the other variations for pvp/wvw sets.

Having 3 different great swords is not more than what can fit in the armory. Since you can store up to two PER ITEM. (So up to 2 twilight, 2 sunrise and 2 eternity) (so up to 6 gen1 greatswords in total)

ah ok thanks for clarifying. its not the same armor precursor - 1 set triumphant and the other is mistforge triumphant so i guess the dupes will stay in the armory tho will be kinda useless.

The GS thing tho is still weird. so if u have eternity before the patch - after the patch you will end up with 1 GS in the armory + all 3 skins unlocked. if you make eternity after the patch - and you bound the twilight and sunrise - and use tokens - you end up with 3 GS in armory + 3 skins unlocked? seems like is better to craft it after the patch then unless I misunderstand how the token works...

32 minutes ago, Vova.2640 said:

Hello.

I have 2 wvw rings - Slumering Conflux and Conflux.
So I understand that Slumbering ring will not go into armory, only Conflux.
Since it says the NPC to upgrade will come at a later time - I gotta ask - will the recipe to manually upgrade still be available? Its only 13gold so I personally would rather just upgrade rather than wait.

Lastly,

"The maximum number of copies of an item your Legendary Armory can hold is determined by how many equipment slots it can occupy."

So you could bind two Sunrise, two Twilight, two Eternity, two Exordium and two of the gen 3 greatswords. You would be daft to do so though. 😀

Edited by Pifil.5193

3 minutes ago, Vova.2640 said:

The GS thing tho is still weird. so if u have eternity before the patch - after the patch you will end up with 1 GS in the armory + all 3 skins unlocked. if you make eternity after the patch - and you bound the twilight and sunrise - and use tokens - you end up with 3 GS in armory + 3 skins unlocked? seems like is better to craft it after the patch then unless I misunderstand how the token works...

No. EVERY Eternity owner will receive sunrise and twilight as well. For fairness reasons, since new crafted eternity's using the new tokens will not remove twilight/sunrise from armory post-patch.

So no matter of you unlock it now or after patch. You will receive sunrise and twilight as well.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:12 PM, rhion.4653 said:

Yup, this combo is possible, if one simply forgets about having Coalescence.

It is the best solution until the developers come up with something new for Coalescence, Vision and Auroa. And opposed to the people who would like to disable all visual effects, you can already get what you want out of the system.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:12 PM, rhion.4653 said:

As for "most of the playerbase", just read this thread. People mostly do not like the 3rd effect, but that of course does not mean that everyone is of that opinion. That is preciscly the reason why Anet should come up with the solution, sooner or later. 

Peace.

The posters on the offical forum aren't necessarily representative of the entire playerbase. So even if most of the people posting here were to say that the problem is only the 3rd stage visual effect, that still doesn't prove anything. And I am not sure that both of us have read the same thread.

Edited by Katary.7096
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Nasbit.3240 said:

No. EVERY Eternity owner will receive sunrise and twilight as well. For fairness reasons, since new crafted eternity's using the new tokens will not remove twilight/sunrise from armory post-patch.

So no matter of you unlock it now or after patch. You will receive sunrise and twilight as well.

I have twilight and sunrise . So can I make eternity after patch using the tokens and have all 3 legendaries in armory or should I craft eternity now ?

For slumbering conflux I’ve a,ready decided to upgrade it to conflux so I will have 2 confluxes in inventory before patch drops since anet said we can have 2 confluxes. 

Appreciate the update, thank you.

Aurora, Vision, Coalescence 

Aside from the explanation, which makes sense, I'm kinda curious about how these are even allowed to exist. I suspect this is true for many things in the game, like the original Unbound gathering set, specifically the logger, which forces me to unequip my weapon. Or any other interactable which forces me to unequip my weapon (taffy bashing) vs those that don't.

It perplexes me that there aren't standards for these types of things. You make a logging tool, you follow the logging tool guide. You make a trinket with an effect, you follow the 'make trinket with effect' guide. There are so, so many just 'one off' things that exist in the game.

I still code a little to support the little bit of work people still pay me to do, used to code more seriously once upon a time, but never considered myself very good. I can make things go, but would be embarrassed to show my code to whoever I always presumed were real programmers, using the SCROD method of programming, or whatever the FOTM managerial acronym of the month is. I find it fascinating that a large company of game developers can be made up of a bunch of people like me, that willy-nilly go off and make whatever, just so long is it works in the end.

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing, just an observation. I'll go back in my hole now. Too much vitamin D our here. 😏

I appreciate communication, thank you for clarifying things, but please do something for the balls begone thing. I really want to solve all my trinket issues once and for all, but I'm 100% not interested in a personal portable gum bubbles... thing?.., and a lot of people aren't as well. 

Edited by Atille.5047
  • Like 1

What I don't understand: Is the Legendary Armory the only place from where you can use your equipment? Can we still use the actual templates? If YES, we still can, then the trinkets are not an issue - by using the Equipment Storage we can use the ascendant trinkets we use now. In the worst case we are in the same situation as now - regarding the trinkets only (for the players who don't like the visual efects - me included).

But for the owners of legendary armors, other than the raid armor, this sounds like bad news. It seems that you cannot make a raid set of armor anymore - or at least it will not be added into the Armory.

Note: What's the point in allowing multiple copies of Gen2 Legendaries now? Builds using two 2 handed weapons are very rare (Staff/Staff or Riffle/Riffle etc). And you can craft a gen1 legendary at any moment. The same with the 1 hand weapons: by equipping a sword in one weapon slot as main and the other in the other weapon slot as off hand, you cover a dual sword/sword build.

Several gen2 legendary was a thing four years ago - now it is a very typical ANet move, giving us something we will not use. :classic_smile:

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

[...]

We wanted to make a toggle for the three legendary PVE trinkets (Aurora, Vision and Coalescence). Unfortunately, these three items are setup differently from other items with visual effects and giving them a toggle is a complex problem. That probably sounds silly – it’s just a checkbox, right? A quick peek behind the curtain: these items are set up using a stacking buff (based on the number of equipped legendary trinkets) to determine which visual effect is added to the character model (i.e. the effect is actually added by the buff, not the item).

[...]

Excuse my non-knowledge, I'm not a programmer, but: Would it be possible to add a menu option that just tells the game to ignore that stacking buff? That would probably mean you didn't see any balls - yours or others - but I honestly wouldn't mind that "sacrifice" to get rid of the visual clutter.

Edited by Xainou.1502

18 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:

We understand how important this is to all of you...

Clearly, whoever made this decision does not.

How many years have people been complaining about this? How long have you been working on the armory and nobody took the time to fix this? And it is about **fixing** it. I don't want to have to make all my toons a ghostly puke color just so that soon-to-be completely unavoidable effect doesn't make my toons look ridiculous. I don't care that much about the Fashion Wars, but making everyone in the game use the exact same effect is mindbogglingly indifferent of company that is trying to profit from selling skins for different looks. Seriously, I'm amazed by this choice. This was the time to do it, and the decision came down to skip it yet again... and presumably forever. Just wow.

As to the technical difficulties, I still fail to see the big issue. Why not code up a different toggle for just those 3 items? If it's checked then you get the buff, if it's unchecked then no buff. Insert the on-off toggle on the buff activation, not the effects. No recoding of effects necessary.

Or, at a lazy bare minimum, add a toggle to turn the whole thing off for all equipped trinkets of this set no matter how many there are. Is that the "significant engineering investment to build a one-off solution" you're talking about? That seems like the quick and dirty option to me.

The bosses said no anyway? Too much time to invest in making everyone happy eh? Just wow.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

I also have 2 heavy legendary wvw armor sets I made last year before legendary armory was announced . Am I part of the 0.008% ?

would be nice to get the mats back or something, 

I suspect the criteria used for their query is 2x of the same item ID for legendary armor.
If you have mistforged + triumphant hero of the same weight made into legendary it probably won't be flagged. If you have 2x of the same item ID then probably you are part of the 0.008%.

The chestpiece is an additional special case because there's the Sublime variant. There's actually 3 possible WvW legendary chestpieces:

1. Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Breastplate , item ID 84481 and skin ID 7271  : ascended is item ID 81509
  2. Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Breastplate (skin)
  3. Triumphant Hero's Breastplate , item ID 83394 and skin ID 6698 : ascended is item ID 81304 and exotic is item ID 6615
Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cristalyan.5728 said:

But for the owners of legendary armors, other than the raid armor, this sounds like bad news. It seems that you cannot make a raid set of armor anymore - or at least it will not be added into the Armory.

Why should it not added to the armory?

The limit is per item, not per item-type. So you can store one set of raid armor, and also one of each variation of the pvp/wvw ones.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

I suspect the criteria used for their query is 2x of the same item ID for legendary armor.
If you have mistforged + triumphant hero of the same weight made into legendary it probably won't be flagged. If you have 2x of the same item ID then probably you are part of the 0.008%.

The chestpiece is an additional special case because there's the Sublime variant. There's actually 3 possible WvW legendary chestpieces:

1. Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Breastplate
  2. Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Breastplate (skin)
  3. Triumphant Hero's Breastplate

Mine are both the base triumphant versions of legendary heavy wvw sets so exactly the same . 

Dear Anet, 

Thank you for the clarification, I think everyone appreciates the fact that you take the time and communicate with the community. Even if it's details about the technical difficulties about the implementation of a new system, we are all very happy hear from you. 

Regarding the issue with  Aurora / Vision (which to me personally, is one of the single most important updates I'm looking forward to), I have a suggestion. I am not a developer, but to me this sounds like a "simple" solution, feel free to prove me otherwise. 

Add 2 new trinkets to the game, called Slumbering Aurora, and Slumbering Vision. A Mystic Forge recipe with the real aurora, and 3 additional things (maybe 250 unidentified dyes, a Bloodstone Shard, and I dunno... 250 dust?). This converts your regular Aurora and your regular Vision into Slumbering versions, that do not have any kind of visual effects. Until you guys come up with a fix, this is a permanent step, if you convert your Aurora into Slumbering Aurora, you will not be able to go back. 

This way, since you are wearing a different item, you simply lose one of your stacking buff stacks. 

It feels like a nice middle-ground until we have a final solution to this. But then again, I am not a developer 🙂

Keep up the good work, and thank you for the communication!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

Mine are both the base triumphant versions of legendary heavy wvw sets so exactly the same . 

The original post reads "the limit is counted separately for every unique legendary item"
If both have the same item ID and the armor limit is 1 per unique piece I think you should be flagged.

• Like 1

Hello! 

So I have a conflux and I am almost done with my 2nd conflux, I am just waiting for my reward tracks to get my clovers. I am confused since it states that no more slumbering conflux by jul13. So what will happen to my completed recipes since I know I will not be able to finishy 2nd conflux by jul 13.

So, I see a lot of complaining from people about "I don't want orbs on all my characters!"  Fine.  So don't equip those trinkets on all your characters.  Stick with ascended gear on your alts like you do today.  I haven't seen anything that says (or even implies) that once you unlock something in LA it *must* be equipped on all your characters.

The LA is 100% positive, with really no negatives.  Don't like the orbs? Don't equip them.  Put a lot of effort into something in the past? You benefitted from it in the past.  There is literally NOTHING you can do today that you will no longer be able to do once the LA comes out, except unlocking sunrise/twilight skins for yourself then crafting & selling eternity.

Would it be better if the 3 trinkets had a non-visual option? Yes.  But that's been true since the first one came out.  Does LA break anything by making them available to all your characters if you want to use them?  No.

Would it be better if the PvP/WvW leg armor had different skins from the ascended versions?  Sure.  Does it break anything by making that armor available on all characters?  No.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1