The Twisted Marionette and Legendary Armory are here!

Hm, can I safely log in to GW2 without my legendary armor, runes, sigils, weapons or trinkets getting bugged to oblivion?

I'm a bit cautious to log in because the stakes are quite high this time if there are issues.

Edit: Everything converted over fine. Thanks for the quality control here as it seems to be well-tested now.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JasonLucas.4981 said:

Are people really complaining about it being hard? The fight is easy!

Stop complaining about things being hard when you are doing less than 20% of what you profession can do while just pressing 1 with a gear set full of toughness, vitality and healing. This isn't even about being casual but being lazy, people don't explore what their profession can do and then complain about not being able to beat simple events.

you should be used to it, it's been like this for 9 years as soon as there is content that requires something other than spamming 1, it is pages and pages of complaints

thank you arena, it was really great no matter what the players say

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

I have a question/suggestion for the legendary armory: I often end up swapping weapons in and out of my inventory as I ran around either in WvW or instances. However, I find it difficult to easily equip a legendary weapon with infusions and sigils intact as I need to. This makes swapping out weapons a bit of a chore on the fly. Minor inconvenience to most perhaps, but enough I'll bring it up for myself...

I have 5 Legendarys, and i swap all time, many combinations, but now i need to choose stats and sigil everytime when i change weapon, omg its so fkng bad, i dont need templates,  they fk my gameplay harder....bye bye gw2

Edited by Shaka.2849
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Love having the marionette back.

Just want to note something. The achievement Energy Probe Dismantler is showing as available again under bonus events now. But the probes don't seem to be destructible anymore. It's been years since I did any of that content so I don't remember much about it, but the achievement does seem to be continuable because of that.

3 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yeah, there are also the OTHER typical problems with 50-man raids on TOP of the issues that make it not casual friendly as well. But hey ... don't let my complaints about it spoil the fun of all ... that. If people want to convince themselves THIS is the kind of content the game should have, then people should continue to call me a troll and apply their confused-faced emoji's on the VERY reasonable assessments of this boss implementation that it's not casual friendly content.

Cool, but I didn't do either of those things, so not sure what I'm supposed to say here or why this is written to me right now?

This assesment might be reasonable, but I can't be sure as I didn't see any specifics, so what exactly am I supposed to be responding to here? And how does it change what I said about the "casual nature of the game", which shouldn't really be used as some king of "go to" response against anything that's less casual than early ow content, because it's pretty misdirected?

Again, my issue here ISN'T the difficulty, just like it's not my issue with Raids. The implementation is a barrier to casual participation. Honestly, good or bad, I hope Anet is paying attention to how this pans out as to what is good or bad direction for content to take (not like we don't already HAVE that indication from raids ... but the corporate memory is probably got lots of turn over.)

Ok, then what is the issue? What implementation? What barrier?

The claim about the content requiring trainings above is just false, this encounter doesn't need any training (neither do raids, but wrong thread), it's basically nothing more than splitting into 5 lanes, going in (when the landing strip guides you towards the gate, what other sign does anyone need?), dodging orange circles and preferably using cc when you see breakbar. What kind of training anyone needs for that? If someone fails at this, it means they're failing at basic game mechanics and if not understanding basic game mechanics is what some players want to aim for here, then oof. Maybe wrong genre, I don't know. If all some people want is run around while pressing 1 then there's already content that lets them do that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

apply their confused-faced emoji's

People misuse that thing a lot. Can't go through a single thread without seeing it in every other post that has absolutely nothing confusing about it. That's exactly why it was removed from Warframe forums.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Yggranya.5201 said:

People misuse that thing a lot. Can't go through a single thread without seeing it in every other post that has absolutely nothing confusing about it. That's exactly why it was removed from Warframe forums.

Yeah, and it does not tell anything. I'm happy to address someone's confusion but I can't do it without knowing WHO is confused about WHAT.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

Twisted Marionette is way overtuned for the playerbase who just hits 1 non-stop.  Tried 10 times.  Failed 10 times.  All it takes is 1 or 2 people in a lane to mess up and it ruins the event for everyone.

I have no problem with them adding challenging content but my achievements and progress shouldn't be gated by other people's screw ups.  Feels like I'm wasting my time.  And the trash mobs don't drop any loot so its a super waste of time.

You could have 8 great players and 2 bad ones in a lane and if the 2 bads get put together the lane fails.  That's bad design.

And it should be a world boss IMO.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, JasonLucas.4981 said:

The fight is easy!

Just because it's easy to you, doesn't mean it's easy to everyone, or even a big part of the player base.

For all we know, the ones who think it's easy might in the minority.

And that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the autoattack-only allegations or gear without DPS stats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fable spirt.8465 said:

Anyone else not getting credit for dodging the Marionette attacks? I have tried on 3 different lanes with the same results. Even went out of my way to dodge a stomp.

Your lane needs to succeed in order for it to count. 

Edited by Ayrilana.1396

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Just because it's easy to you, doesn't mean it's easy to everyone, or even a big part of the player base.

For all we know, the ones who think it's easy might in the minority.

And that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the autoattack-only allegations or gear without DPS stats.

Yes, its not easy

You need to READ what you have to do 😮

and also know how to dodge

insane hard

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, fable spirt.8465 said:

Anyone else not getting credit for dodging the Marionette attacks? I have tried on 3 different lanes with the same results. Even went out of my way to dodge a stomp.

You need to dodge/avoid all her attacks and the group has to sever the chain not just dodge one stomp

Edited by Jilora.9524
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Kilty.4906 said:

I do hope ArenaNet continues to add this type of content to incentivize people to play the game and learn their skills. We have been in this situation "but the casuals" for too long and since then we have gone down the hill. People come, see the game and its ridiculously easy content and leave. Guild Wars 2 is far superior to FFXIV and yet we are not in a good situation as them but FFXIV focuses on good content such as dungeons and raids while Guild Wars 2 focus on story missions where you can bypass with auto-attacks.

We don't know the number of players who log in and stay due to the content being easier than most other MMOs either.  If we assume that this is a larger portion of Anet's target audience, then perhaps things are as intended?

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

We don't know the number of players who log in and stay due to the content being easier than most other MMOs either.  If we assume that this is a larger portion of Anet's target audience, then perhaps things are as intended?

Honestly, I tried a couple different MMOs before GW2 and the fact that the barrier to entry was so low was a huge factor in why I stayed. Which, yeah, anecdata, but being able to see success quickly motivated me to keep trying and get into more challenging content like Fractals and Raiding.

I think one big ... misunderstanding? between the people who think it's fine as-is and the people who don't is that it's not really about "difficulty" but the margin of error. It's been mentioned several times, but having just a handful of mishaps being able to screw over everyone else with no way of helping out -- like, it doesn't matter how good you, specifically, are; if someone else messes up, you also lose. Which puts a lot of pressure on people and creates a really toxic environment. And yet it could be mitigated by changing the platforming phase slightly, which is (from what I've experienced across seven tries) the dodgiest part. Like, scale the number of platforms to the number of players in the lane. (One issue that could crop up is strategies where people intentionally only send one or two of the best players per lane into the Marionette, which ... is probably really not desireable). Or port people onto the platforms automatically if they've been fighting in a certain lane and don't have the debuff. Penalize people in the lane who don't go through the energy field. Give more rewards for successfully completing your platform! Many small things that could make life for all of the participants smoother.

I just don't see a way for it to stay a healthy boss fight if there's only squads remaining after this week in its current state, because it took not even one day and the number of toxic squads (and yes, I view "Must have [X arbitrary metric of success] or else be kicked" as pretty toxic). I do enjoy this content in the current difficulty. I just don't see myself enjoying it in the future.

17 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

It will never be an open world event because mounts exist. Stop asking.

Just disable mounts in the area of the event. It's not hard and they do it all the time if mounts would break something. That being said, I don't actually see them being a huge problem. You aren't going to be mounting up in lane or on the platforms, so at most it's a very small damage bump right at the start of the event, and lets you get between lanes quickly which I don't see as a bad thing if a lane is having trouble.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1