EoD reveal stream kinda sparse

The stream was fun, we learned a lot of new things, but it felt a bit sparse.
I was expecting to know at least how many maps are coming, and at least an overview of the elite specs and mastery lines.

Not very excited that a whole line will be for the skiff... Hopefully there will be more to it than just being a place for more than one person to be in the water. I mean, that's fun and all, for like an hour, then it seems like it'll age real quick. Especially because GW2 doesn't have that much freedom to sail around which would justify the boat, i mean in full seamless open world games, ships and boats are great fun cause you can go everywhere with them, GW2 suffers from the restricted maps.
It'll be fun, but from the look we got, it doesn't seem like it'll be fun for long.

The turtle seems great, and i like the new mechanic on the Virtuoso, hopefully other professions will take that to task, especially warrior. Their mechanic is a bit dull compared to stuff like Firebrand and Holosmith.

Its awesome to finally have Legendaries that match!! Finally! To bad no new underwater weapons coming.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

46 minutes ago, ReaverKane.7598 said:

The stream was fun, we learned a lot of new things, but it felt a bit sparse.
I was expecting to know at least how many maps are coming, and at least an overview of the elite specs and mastery lines.

Not very excited that a whole line will be for the skiff... Hopefully there will be more to it than just being a place for more than one person to be in the water. I mean, that's fun and all, for like an hour, then it seems like it'll age real quick. Especially because GW2 doesn't have that much freedom to sail around which would justify the boat, i mean in full seamless open world games, ships and boats are great fun cause you can go everywhere with them, GW2 suffers from the restricted maps.
It'll be fun, but from the look we got, it doesn't seem like it'll be fun for long.

The turtle seems great, and i like the new mechanic on the Virtuoso, hopefully other professions will take that to task, especially warrior. Their mechanic is a bit dull compared to stuff like Firebrand and Holosmith.

Its awesome to finally have Legendaries that match!! Finally! To bad no new underwater weapons coming.

The issue I have is people keep saying " they dont wanna release all the details right now they need to save some for later so they can build hype." well idiots you need to release all the details now and than go into details later. Like annonence player housing than go into detail later about how it works. You give players stuff to speculate over which helps build hype when you get around to discussion it. 

You guys keep thinking there is more to reveal, no there isnt. this is it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

It was a "first look". I imagine there will be more to reveal. The expansion is literally confirmed 6-7 months away after all.

That said they did say 5 new masteries right? And 3 of them are Fishing, Skiff, and Siege Turtle. That does disappoint a little bit and makes one speculate what the other 2 are...story related, or maybe other features like housing? Or maybe its the Kurzick side mount like a Juggernaut.

Guess we'll wait to see.

• Like 5

They played it too safe and barely showed anything.

That's actually more worrying, than reassuring.

I don't really have a feel of Cantha, as they made sure not to show a lot. barely any new armor, weapons, anything to be excited about.

The legendary "reveal" was really disheartening.

HoT was way better in presenting the world, we will venture into.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, xXMapcoXx.9614 said:

The issue I have is people keep saying " they dont wanna release all the details right now they need to save some for later so they can build hype." well idiots you need to release all the details now and than go into details later. Like annonence player housing than go into detail later about how it works. You give players stuff to speculate over which helps build hype when you get around to discussion it. 

Yeah, you announce the stuff then give details later. There's the other 3 masteries, the other elites, and at least a map count (we only heard of 2 maps) to announce, but i don't expect anything groundbreaking.

10 minutes ago, Jaken.6801 said:

They played it too safe and barely showed anything.

That's actually more worrying, than reassuring.

I don't really have a feel of Cantha, as they made sure not to show a lot. barely any new armor, weapons, anything to be excited about.

The legendary "reveal" was really disheartening.

HoT was way better in presenting the world, we will venture into.

Yeah i was expecting something more like HoT's reveal event. This one felt a bit weak, and Ruby seemed so stiff at the beginning it felt a bit cringy.

The legendaries seem cool enough, depending on the equip effects and footfalls. I'm just grateful that at least, even though its not a design i'll use abundantly, we did get some weapons that match each other.

I mean, i don't want to sound ungrateful, but honestly, i was expecting this reveal to convince me to buy the expansion. And i'm still not. I mean, yeah, the turtle seems fun. But that's about the extent of what they showed that excited me.
That and finally it seems mesmer will have a decent cleave spec, no more getting pwned by raptors!!😝

Edited by ReaverKane.7598
  • Like 3

I mean, they honestly could have just done all of this in a blog post with a few screenshots and maybe left the video of the Virtuoso gameplay. Everything else was just fluff dialogue to fill time, and awkward because few of them seem like they WANTED to be recorded. Like the Kitt dude or whatever that did the siege turtle. I could just see a boiling rage in his eyes and feel his teeth grinding as he talked about how "excited" he was.

Oh well, Nick was nice to look at. haha.

I was a bit worried about how... overly cartoony and saturated and low textured the screen shots looked during the livestream but they looked a lot better on the website.

I understand wanting to pace things out given they have six months and the beta events, but at least giving a title and revealing the images of the elite specs might have hyped me up more.

Honestly not excited about the unrevealed masteries. Probably fluff collection masteries anyway. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, xXMapcoXx.9614 said:

Who knows maybe we get house boat upgrade for the skiff

10 hours ago, Faridah.8431 said:

It was a "first look". I imagine there will be more to reveal. The expansion is literally confirmed 6-7 months away after all.

That said they did say 5 new masteries right? And 3 of them are Fishing, Skiff, and Siege Turtle. That does disappoint a little bit and makes one speculate what the other 2 are...story related, or maybe other features like housing? Or maybe its the Kurzick side mount like a Juggernaut.

Guess we'll wait to see.

6-7 months isn't enough time to go from "non-concrete idea that we can't even talk about" to key feature of an expansion

Even if something wasn't yet in a state to show us, they would have said it was coming and let speculation and hype keep people enthused until they could properly show us the details

"Feature X is going to be a part of the expansion but we're not quite ready to show you more" builds a LOT more hype and confidence than blind speculation fueled by copium does, especially in potential new players

A new player isn't going to see this release and think "oh man, I bet there's a lot more they haven't said yet". They'll just assume this was the meat and potatoes because why wouldn't they? At best they would assume more elaboration on teased features was inbound, not totally new information.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

if they make the "boat"/skiff usable on all Tyria, it can be huge.

we already have a mount that sails on the water and can dive deep into the water, it has no interest and does not add anything new to the gameplay

So it's nothing huge .. you really need little to be impressed

your boat and fishing rod will mainly be used to spam F all over the oceans of tyria, amazing! 😒

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

A zerg of Flying Dutchman... my god.

i was to open a topíc about it,, but im in rush atm...

With mounts we reach the peak of movement, they can advance in "transports".

To avoid/desencourage spamming, they can require some sort of oil/currency to operate.

At moment most water in Tyria is underused, also he have combat only in underwater, the surface is just about swimming. Boats can bring life to surface water.

Just now, radda.8920 said:

we already have a mount that sails on the water and can dive deep into the water, it has no interest and does not add anything new to the gameplay

So it's nothing huge .. you really need little to be impressed

your boat and fishing rod will mainly be used to spam F all over the oceans of tyria, amazing! 😒

inst the same thing, in surface water atm, u can just swin/use skimmer(or swin in a mount).

A boat, we fish/fight. even expand to battling ships. monetizing all the thing with skins.,

2 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

inst the same thing, in surface water atm, u can just swin/use skimmer(or swin in a mount).

A boat, we fish/fight. even expand to battling ships. monetizing all the thing with skins.,

There's absolutely nothing about fighting, it's just about fishing

so you're gonna take your little fishing rod and spam one or two skills to catch a salmon or a carp. A great experience comparable to mounts and gliding, no doubt 🤔

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, radda.8920 said:

so you're gonna take your little fishing rod and spam one or two skills to catch a salmon or a carp. A great experience comparable to mounts and gliding, no doubt 🤔

is even easier implement fight on a boat, than in a mount right?

Theres nothing can stop them from doing that. mainly because the technology of the player entering a moving ship (or airship like dragonfall) already exists.

So is even better, and easier than mounts.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

5 hours ago, radda.8920 said:

This is not even the problem anymore, it is that in addition to not even have enough aquatic areas to be able to really use it, it is clearly not the small streams that have in game that will be the ballad of the century ... Currently have very little aquatic environment, and given the 4 maps, apart from the jade sea (all flat) there will be nothing more. 😥

7 hours ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

if they make the "boat"/skiff usable on all Tyria, it can be huge.

Well the Asura flying on the airship with multiple other airships had me wondering if the end result of the sciff wasn’t an airship. But that wouldn’t really make sense for fishing, would be an insane amount of clutter, and is probably wishful thinking.

Would still love for it to be a personal housing system and be upgraded to the size of the ship in Istan but it seems clear that’s not in the scope of this expansion. 

Edited by Bast.7253

Since we are still half a year from release, it makes sense from a marketing perspective to spread droplets of info out over the course of the coming months. I speculate that they cut some of the info out of the reveal stream since the release was pushed back to 2022.

6 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The most interesting thing I got from the stream is that Anet is either woke-casting the voice actors, or is trying to make it look like they do to avoid controversy.  Otherwise, everything seems like it would be cool to play around with, but nothing so innovative and new as to get super-hyped about it.  

If you think they are just pretending, you must not have been following Anet very long. 😒

• Like 2