EoD is a $30 Patch.....

23 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Go watch the PoF reveal then come and tell me this expansion is anywhere near that level.....

That's what I was expecting.....

What exactly was aorevolutionary about PoF? The mounts were well done, but mounts are something players and devs alike spent years raving about how gw2 isn't like other MMOs and doesn't need mounts etc. etc.

So PoF was a whole different level because it introduced something that wasn't wanted at the time...? Hmm...

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Compared to a lot of games, GW2 is nowhere near as predatory.

The fact that EOD Expansion on its bog standard price is only $30 compared to "Package deals" from other games that literally offer nothing aside from cosmetics (seriously, just look at PSO2 New Genesis as an example, that thing sells cosmetics for $40...) showcases how much GW2 is actually offering for such a small price, and this statement is what really backs up how much they've actually done with the game. 

For $30, you get an entirely new region with new maps, new missions, new weapons, a new story, upgraded mechanics, new ways to play a class via E-Spec, more cosmetics for you to play around with, more customisation options, additional side tasks and so on. There's definitely more I'm missing in this list, but that's literally an entire game for half the price of most modern day AAA Titles.

And people are crying because ANet didn't reveal everything they have to offer as they want their players to actually explore their game rather than overhype and underdeliver. $30 for this expansion is definitely worth it, especially considering what other games offer. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

you people are seriously judging everything off a initial preview? even when they said more will be announced through the rest of 2021! there will be 5 masteries at launch, we know more come with the story patch releases. all current classes get new elites, there is a possibility they will announce a new class or race in upcoming months. we saw a preview of some of whats coming, like a lot of games they will tease out the info over time.  instead of wringing my hands and crying i will wait to see the rest of the information before i decide thank you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

you people are seriously judging everything off a initial preview? even when they said more will be announced through the rest of 2021! there will be 5 masteries at launch, we know more come with the story patch releases. all current classes get new elites, there is a possibility they will announce a new class or race in upcoming months. we saw a preview of some of whats coming, like a lot of games they will tease out the info over time.  instead of wringing my hands and crying i will wait to see the rest of the information before i decide thank you. 

And you have every right to do that, just as folks have every right to express how disappointed they are in what was shown to date and had they not began selling it right after the "First look" id agree with you.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

And you have every right to do that, just as folks have every right to express how disappointed they are in what was shown to date and had they not began selling it right after the "First look" id agree with you.

And that would be fine if they said..well thats all folks! but they didnt, they literally said more to come. So you are putting the cart before the horse without any reason to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kawaiiboy.2685 said:

whats the purpose of buying pre order when its going to release next year which is very long wait?

I think beta access, i personally dont do betas anymore. They ruined the sense of wonder at hitting an area for the first time in game. So i rather be surprised and in that omg look look mode than know everything coming ahead of time.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Kids these days, I swear. The level of entitlement of today's gamers is just astonishing. This is a "first look", so basing the entire xpack off of that is entirely ridiculous. Also, it's a one time, minimum payment of $30. Meanwhile, craptastic games like WoW still exist and charge a monthly fee, on top of a fee for recycled, sub-par "expansion" content.

This generation is going to ruin video games for everyone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Frankly, This first look was the reveal, due to them selling it as soon as the "First look" was done. IF, they hadnt started selling it id be alot more willing to accept that more features are going to be shown off(Beside the elite specs.) As is, they are selling it based off what they showed in the first look.

Yes every game has a maximum potential reached, i dont think GW2 is there yet, i really dont, and i dont think this expansion, based off what theyve shown, is going to push it higher than it is now, and that sucks.

At the same time, i dont want the expansion to fail, i do want anet to keep making more.

Raids, mid-small scale instanced content, and small pvp updates are must haves in any mmo expansions. Or more pvp content and less pve related stuff if that game is pvp focused. Their biggest mistake is they didn't reveal anything convincing in that regard, and opening up pre-purchase makes the situations suspicious tbh. Looking at them as a customer, they never scammed me, they did all the customer service stuff right when I had issues. always published satisfying content so far. so I trust something more will reveal. then the wallet will open, not before..

13 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Most of the population will be, so you'll have plenty of company.

Would really depend on the scale as their is already a pk system in PvE. In bjoras marches if the metaevent fails.

But i agree with the general principal that it would be bad for the game.

3 minutes ago, yann.1946 said:

Would really depend on the scale as their is already a pk system in PvE. In bjoras marches if the metaevent fails.

But i agree with the general principal that it would be bad for the game.

That got alot of salt when it was added.

So too did the Bandit camp out in Silverwastes, that one got removed however.

20 minutes ago, ReaverKane.7598 said:

You forgot new maps, new elites and a bunch of new story.

because if he didn't forget it, it wouldn't support his narrative that the Expansion is just patch-level content. This thread is very dishonest. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This forums system of needing the confused emote instead of a downvote, which would essentially hide the OP's post for most people on other sites, is rather interesting. 

All we have seen is a first look, there is still tons of information to be released. We know hardly anything about what is coming up we just got a small sneak peak. 

Remember that there will be huge new area's to explore and an entire storyline that will be fleshed out and delivered complete to us, like the previous expacs, which will hopefully make up for IBS's abruptness. There will be new elite specs, new mount/s boats fishing, new leggies, new this, new that ect. 

Its not like we pay much when playing GW2, other mmo's would have taken your money each month and that's fine? Do people who pay subscriptions say "This payment is just a patch" The thing is, those sub mmo's still charge you for expacs. They still charge you for a lot of things. 

GW2 continues to go strong, and continues to have a dedicated playerbase that's not going anywhere, and with EoD release, will see a spike of players as other people realise this is one of the best mmo's on the market. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 7/27/2021 at 8:40 PM, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Their big features are a mount.....you know....something we've had multiple times in a patch already......

A skiff....something that already exists as mount...this isn't a new feature.

And, Fishing.....something that is literally a patch....about as big and feature heavy as our sitting in chairs patch.

People leaving WoW in mass and multiple new MMO's coming out, GW2 needed to deliver a reason to come to our game...instead they told everyone to steer clear because they charge expansion prices for patch content.

What were they thinking?

Also, it's true, there could be tons more they are holding back on....but if this is the case then they need a new Marketing Director. Whoever did the PoF reveal needs to be brought back. Otherwise, there just isn't enough content here to warrant a full expansion and the price that comes with.

Game is healthy and improving. Stop being delusional. Also "Just a patch". What a childish  point of view when we get guildhall/maps/ 5 new mastery tracks ( 3 revealed) and new core story + new leggies( even though they are underwhelming in the sense they are same looking) and at last new Strikes +CMS for them ( with rework to strikes as whole at the rewards) + rework of mobs in general( Vets/Elites/Champions ).
Wish we had patches like that every week when we actually get patch.
As other already mentioned, it  was a first look 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

HoT has been advertized as a feature rich expansion. EoD seems to be (according to the devs) a content/story rich expansion. I will not express here any opinion regarding the price, because if EoD fails to reach even the level of HoT in terms of content, then ... nothing good awaits GW2.

Speaking of fishing: I wonder if you can do fishing sitting in a chair? Or on the turtle? it will be nice to have a fishing chair, with umbrela / a small ice box for cooling the beer etc.

I'm also a little worried about legendary weapons: I have Eternity and the HoT GS (Exordium? ), so, I have alredy 4 GS inmy Legendary Armory. That means a new GS will be not added there?

Edited by Cristalyan.5728
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cristalyan.5728 said:

...I will not express here any opinion regarding the price, because if EoD fails to reach even the level of HoT in terms of content, then ... nothing good awaits GW2.

...so, I have alredy 4 GS inmy Legendary Armory. That means a new GS will be not added there?

The price? You would complain about $30 for a game that you can spend countless hours on over the next couple of years, assuming the next expansion comes out then? That's like one movie + popcorn + soda!

You can add the new leggy GS, since it is a new skin. Otherwise, we wouldn't even need anything beyond Sunrise and Twilight. I'm not sure why you would, unless you really like the skin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReaverKane.7598 said:

You forgot new maps, new elites and a bunch of new story.

New Maps and New Story come in patches.....in other words....patch content.

And I didn't forget new elites, that's mentioned as specializations.

Thanks for proving my points I guess....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

New Maps and New Story come in patches.....in other words....patch content.

And I didn't forget new elites, that's mentioned as specializations.

Thanks for proving my points I guess....?

Well, if you want to be pedantic... All expansions are patches. All of them. In all games.
Also, Hum Actually, Elite Specializations were never in regular patches, no matter how wrong that is.

But, no pedantic isn't the correct adjective. You're just feeling entitled and spoiled by Arena Net. They have such a high bar for living world patches, giving us what in most other games would be expansion content, that it really makes everything living world level.

But here's the thing, because that's what expansion is. Expansion is the expansion content, PLUS whatever living world they release after that, which usually doubles the amount of content added.
So yeah, you're right that it is patch level content, just way more of it, and Arena Net does have pretty awesome patches.

Edited by ReaverKane.7598
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DeanBB.4268 said:

The price? You would complain about $30 for a game that you can spend countless hours on over the next couple of years, assuming the next expansion comes out then? That's like one movie + popcorn + soda!

Prices are always relative, but really, its not expensive. Not to mention, one can also consider it including a "season pass" or "all DLC"... for free. Well, assuming the LS continue for a season or two after EoD release. When was the last time a game did that? Oh right, pretty much never. In fact most of them will probably exceed the base cost.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ReaverKane.7598 said:

Well, if you want to be pedantic... All expansions are patches. All of them. In all games.

Quite literally....yes lol. However, most expansions expand upon the game ins some major way.

We got gliding and magic in HoT, mounts in one of the best MMO expansions ever imo PoF, what's the new world changing content here? Nothing.....it just seems to be regular patch level content.

Again, they may reveal the big guns later, however, that's just bad marketing. The PoF reveal was done flawlessly and created massive hype pushing the game to levels they hadn't seen since launch. This was the opposite end of the spectrum.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Prices are always relative, but really, its not expensive. Not to mention, one can also consider it including a "season pass" or "all DLC"... for free. Well, assuming the LS continue for a season or two after EoD release. When was the last time a game did that? Oh right, pretty much never. In fact most of them will probably exceed the base cost.

The post author really tried hard to avoid facing facts.

• Like 2

Just now, Luclinraider.2317 said:

Again, they may reveal the big guns later, however, that's just bad marketing. The PoF reveal was done flawlessly and created massive hype pushing the game to levels they hadn't seen since launch. This was the opposite end of the spectrum.

You have no idea how marketing works if you think showing everything is the way to do it. 

Last time a game overhyped itself by showing everything, it threw itself down the thrash pile. Even Keanu Reeves couldn't save it from its self destructive "marketing". PoF did nothing different that EoD is doing now... 

• Like 2