ranger elite spec icon speculate and theme

trunks.5249

7 hours ago, Dami.5046 said:

Because i'm assuming that when we get the ranger spec the pic will be green, while the red looks like ele.

But i don't know just guess work.

Sounds like you’re saying because Ele is getting Hammer, Ranger can’t? Different elite specs can still get the same weapons at the same time.

Druid and Daredevil

Herald and Chrono

Spellbreaker and Soulbeast

Weaver and Holosmith

Firebrand and Mirage

2 hours ago, AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

Sounds like you’re saying because Ele is getting Hammer, Ranger can’t? Different elite specs can still get the same weapons at the same time.

Druid and Daredevil

Herald and Chrono

Spellbreaker and Soulbeast

Weaver and Holosmith

Firebrand and Mirage

maybe in a galaxy far far away.

1 hour ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

Ranger do get hammer  , it is data mining and all the rest of the data mining turn to be correct

well i'll give it ya all, just done a bit of homework and certainly it is believed to be hammer for both ranger and ele. No idea anet would be that lazy. but there you go.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Acyk.9671 said:

lazy? why?

Because the other elite specs didn't double up on the weapons used. 

But take no notice of me, i was excited for new legendries because i was hoping for new weapons types.

But cool my ranger can use my juggernaut, i'm happy.

as you were.

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Dami.5046 said:

Because the other elite specs didn't double up on the weapons used. 

EoD: Both Warrior and Necromancer are getting Pistols. Elementalist and Ranger are both going to get Hammers

PoF:  Warrior and Ranger got Daggers, Engineer and Elementalist got Swords, and Mesmer and Guardian got Axes.

HoT: Revenant and Mesmer both got Shields and Ranger and Thief both got Staves.

The one constant is that Ranger has shared a new weapon every single expansion with another profession so far.  We've had at least 2 especs share a new weapon every expansion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Xanhawk.3806 said:

EoD: Both Warrior and Necromancer are getting Pistols. Elementalist and Ranger are both going to get Hammers

PoF:  Warrior and Ranger got Daggers, Engineer and Elementalist got Swords, and Mesmer and Guardian got Axes.

HoT: Revenant and Mesmer both got Shields and Ranger and Thief both got Staves.

The one constant is that Ranger has shared a new weapon every single expansion with another profession so far.  We've had at least 2 especs share a new weapon every expansion.

cool thanks.

Excuse my brain fart. 

Edited by Dami.5046
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 10:37 PM, Dami.5046 said:

Because i'm assuming that when we get the ranger spec the pic will be green, while the red looks like ele.

But i don't know just guess work.

Just because Ele will get a hammer does not exclude Ranger from getting one too.

In HoT both Herald and Chrono got shield and DD and Druid got staff. In PoF both SBeast and SBreaker got dagger, Holo and Weaver got Sword and Mirage and FB got axe.

As far as the datamined data is concerned the remaining three weapons are hammer for ranger, mace for engi and scepter for thief. And we are all pretty sure at this point this comes 100% true because the last three weapons (GS for Rev, pistol for Warrior and Hammer for Ele) also came out to be true.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sandzibar.5134 said:

I want aoe boon strip hammer or aoe boon strip pets.

CMCs proj reflect boon ball meta needs to be toned down.

Seeing how warrior got boonstrip last time with spellbreaker, it’s a good chance this ranger espec will get boonstrip, it just won’t be as good as any other classes boonstripping. 

I'm hoping ranger finally gets a rifle. The giant boar hunter outside of Queensdale has been mocking us for years. It does look like a shaman mask of some sort so I wont get my hopes up. Maybe similar to druid in theme, but more damage. It could have a shield or even a scepter because Xiuquatl would look awesome.

Soulbeast was already pretty tanky so I don't understand the people saying otherwise. It was so much so they had to nerf it. It was amazing against Turai Ossa in the Queens gauntlet.

3 hours ago, Cercie.1025 said:

I'm hoping ranger finally gets a rifle. The giant boar hunter outside of Queensdale has been mocking us for years. It does look like a shaman mask of some sort so I wont get my hopes up. Maybe similar to druid in theme, but more damage. It could have a shield or even a scepter because Xiuquatl would look awesome.

Soulbeast was already pretty tanky so I don't understand the people saying otherwise. It was so much so they had to nerf it. It was amazing against Turai Ossa in the Queens gauntlet.

Most likely, ranger receives hammer as their elite spec weapon.