"Legendary" Black Lion Set [Merged]

Gome on guys...nearly all of us complained one or more times about dying the legendaries to fit the outfit and more.

Now they solve one problem and are going to give us similar looking weapons.

Who says they are going to stop there? What if they add one set per month? And maybe add a dye channel as well, who knows.

Wait and see is no option anymore? How desperate are we?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Try to view this from another perspective --> Their lazy work may be reason to let us work lazy on those legendaries too? Like Crafting these might be like Crafting Gen1 Leggies (with tradable precursors) or even easier/cheaper. 

For me, as someone that gives utility much more credit than cosmetic, this would be awesome. I dont care for the skins but the "legendary" status is awesome, beeing able to use any ascended stats on any of my classes whenever i want is premium. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Yakuzai.6593 said:

Try to view this from another perspective --> Their lazy work may be reason to let us work lazy on those legendaries too? Like Crafting these might be like Crafting Gen1 Leggies (with tradable precursors) or even easier/cheaper. 

For me, as someone that gives utility much more credit than cosmetic, this would be awesome. I dont care for the skins but the "legendary" status is awesome, beeing able to use any ascended stats on any of my classes whenever i want is premium. 

If thats the case id be happy, i dont have anything against the legendaries as is, but a unified look with a cheaper price would be 100% okay to me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/28/2021 at 11:34 AM, Substance E.4852 said:

They've been working on this for 2 years and killed IBS to get it done, but okay

So they had less time than normal to do an entire expansion and a full set of legendary, without really prepping at that. I would assume artists are quite busy with the expansion and the legendaries on top of that?  That must be a colossal amount of work.

I'm personally not a fan of the new legendaries, but until I see them in game I won't really know. I like having unique legendary looks. However, that backfires sometimes, as when a torch comes out and I just can't stand it.

My hope  here is that they can introduce legendary sets more frequently giving us more variety.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Maybe this is a dumb question, but didn't they mention something like the new Legendaries being like baby Aurene in the precursor stage and then like adult Aurene (crystal-looking, sparkly) in the finished stage?  Maybe the precursors will be more impressive or at least cuter than the completed weapons.  Have any pix of the precursors been teased?  My Asura would like a Baby Aurene staff.

ETA:  Yep, just re-checked the livestream and they said, "The precursors represent baby Aurene."  I wanna see one!!

Edited by Witch of Doom.5739
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 9:46 PM, quaniesan.8497 said:

I absolutely agree that this design trend is simply lazy and unimaginative.  I hope you all remembered that we just HAD  a crystal legendary greatsword.   For those of you who are content with this level of design,  Don't you ever at least ponder that  we should have Cantha theme legendary weapons?

Legendaries can be reskinned for free. You can literally look at every weapon in game and decide which one looks legendary to you. It absolutely does not matter what new legendaries look like now. I'm a little surprised they didn't release gen 3 as a skin selectable legendary honestly. There really isn't a need to release new legendary skins since the armory.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/27/2021 at 11:25 PM, Digger.8659 said:

So the newest set of legendary weapons is basically just a set of black lion weapon skins?  The Aurene weapons are better off being bought for gold/claim tickets, not being made as a legendary weapon set.  Every single legendary had their own unique style, but going with one theme for legendary weapons is just lazy designing.  I honestly hope it gets reworked.

Exactly my thought. As soon as I heard they were all going to be Aurene themed I immediately thought "Oh so basically Black Lion Weapon Skins. Great."
Why on earth would you make a legendary weapon set all look the same, that doesn't seem very "legendary" at all. I personally prefer legendary weapons to look unique and special, different from anything else/any other weapon. If I wanted a set that looked the same I'd just re-skin my leggy to a Black lion weapon skin of choice. This just seems like a cop out and an absolute let down to me, I'm extremely disappointed. 
I have 3 accounts I planned on buying the expansion for, after seeing this I don't even want to any more lol

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

Gome on guys...nearly all of us complained one or more times about dying the legendaries to fit the outfit and more.

Who says they are going to stop there? What if they add one set per month? And maybe add a dye channel as well, who knows.

I actually agree but somehow not.

Because it only solves this Problem if everyone would run around with the same colors or sth. But no, not everyone runs the same shiny rainbow skins. 

So i dont really get why this would solve the problem? 

Dying the legendaries or giving all of them exactly the same colors that r not able to get changed is sth different imho. 

Still get what u mean tho. 

• Like 2

If they are easy to get i would just think of them as gate ways into the new legendary template thing. If they are hard to get i am not sure what to think about them.

I just wish they would add in a wvw way to get them or a wvw "non skin" set. Its far more important to get the ability to swap the combos and sigils as well as "unlocking" a wepon for an account then the skins / effects.

5 hours ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

Oh yes, great idea! Let's have a legendary set each month - that's laughing in the face of the term "legendary". Also, no thank you to boring legendary Black Lion Trading Company weapon set looks. Nothing "legendary" (i.e., heroically unique) about that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skie.8904 said:

I'd like to see a realistic looking set one day 🙂

Oh please the outrage on these forums would be atomic lol. You would see post with, 1111omg anet these dont look like legendary weapons! they are plain , i grind legendaries for the unreal look to them!! not for something that looks like a sword irl QQ

Seriously if there is one thing I learned in 20 + years of gaming its you cant please most people. They will find fault with everything real or imagined. Esp if they pay money for  skins or w/e they feel esp entitled  to the chagrin of the rest of the player base.

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

Oh please the outrage on these forums would be atomic lol. You would see post with, 1111omg anet these dont look like legendary weapons!

That certainly wouldn't be my reaction. I'd like to see realistic designs as well, along with some decent "not-over-the-top" effect and equally decent footfalls.

4 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Legendaries can be reskinned for free. You can literally look at every weapon in game and decide which one looks legendary to you. It absolutely does not matter what new legendaries look like now. I'm a little surprised they didn't release gen 3 as a skin selectable legendary honestly. There really isn't a need to release new legendary skins since the armory.

Again, you can transmute them, but then they stop being a legendary. In fact, this makes the entire complaint moot.
The same way you can transmute those legendaries to match, you can do the reverse and make it "unique".

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

That's not solving any problem. They still won't fit any of my characters.

Then they should say that. Unless they do, i will assume they will do exactly what they've revealed, and not more.

Wait and see is no option anymore?

It never was. Not saying anything and just waiting if the problems will magically fix on their own just motivates the devs to be lazy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I like them, especially the draw effects shown on stream, if the effects on them are anything like the Prismatic Raptor skin I bet they're going to look absolutely gorgeous in game and I can't wait to see the full design for the Mace 🙂 

The unique skins and lore for the Gen 1 and Gen 2 legendaries we currently have are lovely but I don't really see the issue with having a matching set available either.

A lot of the draw towards legendaries at the moment is for utility (Legendary Armory, Stat Swapping, Sigil Swapping, Free Transmutation) Now that the armory is out, a lot of people aren't going to be making for them just for the skins, it's a lot more about the convenience, so regardless of whether the theme is to your tastes or not they'd be worthy of the 'Legendary' title just for that. Personally of the legendary pieces I have in-game, most are reskinned to fit my characters better and some weapons I didn't think would fit my characters from Gen 1 or 2 I'd consider going for now just for the legendary armory convenience.

I think It'll be nice to have a set available where skins of all weapons can be matched if people want, as most of the legendaries we have currently are hard to match to each other/an outfit. Plus the fact that we'll be getting all 16 at the launch of EoD rather than spread out over a few years is great news imo. I really feel like people are overreacting when there are 30+ other legendary weapons to go for if these aren't your cup of tea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 7/28/2021 at 1:52 AM, Atrastella.4309 said:

Don't forget Exordium, Verdarach and Astralaria 🙂

Hope they will at least be cheaper.

I DON’T hope they are cheaper. Because it is nothing but QoL and makes the other legendaries worthless tbh. Because then you can just reskin, restat, and re rune the whole thing at your “cheaper” price. Eff that IMO. For someone who has collected at least 1 of every weapon and worked hard to be on par with some “cheap kitten sloppy idea legendary” . Not happy. 
Don’t be lazy and make real legendaries anet. Ty.

go put this aurene in a blc loot box.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, wolfsblut.9435 said:

Oh god, please no. Pleaaaase no. Don’t fall into the trap of making it worth a set. If they want to make weapons dyeable , then go make your next blc dyeable . Are you saying all those back pieces that are dyeable should be legendary now (because the old ones you couldn’t)? We got flappy wings, does that make them legendary? This is a slope. Just make 16 unique weapons (I don’t care how long they take) and make them with creativity and passion. 

I might have misunderstood re-reading but yes, if they continue doing let’s add another set! Let’s add more legendaries . This cancels ascended armor and under. Because everyone who has played more than 200hrs will have most QoL armor and weapons in game. And your game will be dog poo poo. Because any boss they fight will be for loot that is irrelevant. Let alone not needing any materials. Unless it is to skin something. And eventually that will die out once the character is looking the way you like. I drive or motivation will be in this game. This is why I lost 100% interest to doing any content with loot. It’s meaningless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/28/2021 at 3:28 AM, Infusion.7149 said:

In before someone posts "legendary weapons are for functionality" (and footfalls?). 😀

Hey you never know maybe they will make footfalls unique? And have the outline of the weapon model as footprints. Calling it now!

15 hours ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

Outside of this - and similar - threads, I have never heard anyone complain about anything akin to this.

People have complained about not being able to dye weapons since launch pretty much. The idea that you have to dye your armor around an immutable weapon skin did annoy some people. It's never been a major issue to the point where the community has seized upon it, but it's come up numerous times in the past. There's even an answer from Anet floating around somewhere about why weapon skins aren't dyable, but I can't remember what they said.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:10 AM, Vayne.8563 said:

I would assume artists are quite busy with the expansion and the legendaries on top of that?  That must be a colossal amount of work.

They stopped doing long, intricate, lore riddled quests for precursors very early in gen 2.

At this point, they're just fancy weapons with fancy effects, no more technically demanding than the average BLC / gem store weapon. Just look at gear like the vermilion tail feather. All that needed to be a legendary was the secondary cosmetic effect.

The only reason it still took them so long to create gen 2 after they stopped with the precursor quests was because they staggered their release to both prevent the material market from imploding like a neutron star and to give LW releases more impact and appeal

Edited by Substance E.4852
  • Thanks 3