9th birthday gift?

Anyone got they're already?

My characters 9th birthday is coming up in a few months, I wonder if they'll continue giving us oresents or just stop at 8. 

I couldnt find anything on the wiki...

Any guesses on the contents? 😃

Maybe it'll be an infusion this time, I mean, we got an enrichment for the 8th. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Anyone got they're already?

My characters 9th birthday is coming up in a few months, I wonder if they'll continue giving us oresents or just stop at 8. 

No one would be eligible for the 9th birthday gift yet.    I can't imagine they would stop giving gifts.  That would make a lot of people angry.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The first day of headstart was 25th August 2012 (and all beta characters were deleted before launch), so it's impossible for anyone to have a 9 year old character yet. The 9th birthday will be slightly earlier because the game doesn't factor in leap years, it just gives a gift every 365 days. According to GW2Efficency my oldest character is due to get a birthday gift in 3 weeks and 1 day, so the 22nd.

We'll find out what's in the birthday gift either when the first people get them or maybe when Anet tells us, which they don't always do but did last year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I would also look at Reddit and see if That Shaman posts anything a week or so before. I don't think it's overly spoiler-y so he/she might. 

I usually just look forward to it for the free exclusive dyes and am hoping there's a good selection this year. Outside of that, the usual backpack choice probably, some luminary armor skins, the victory rock, and I would think they'd add something themed around Cantha this year in preparation for the expansion in a few months.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Really hope for a level 80 scroll/instant ticket. During the first anniversaries you have a lvl 20, 30, 40, 50 levels scroll and the last ones was just our character standing on a rock and a celebration infusion, very disapointing. Being in for 8 years for that... 

My idea of the 9th year gift? A black lion outfit voucher, you select the one you want.

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

15 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

I would also look at Reddit and see if That Shaman posts anything a week or so before. I don't think it's overly spoiler-y so he/she might. 

I usually just look forward to it for the free exclusive dyes and am hoping there's a good selection this year. Outside of that, the usual backpack choice probably, some luminary armor skins, the victory rock, and I would think they'd add something themed around Cantha this year in preparation for the expansion in a few months.

All three weights of armour skins and five city backpacks should have been unlocked on the 8th birthday (unless someone picked the same one twice). I don't think they'll be there for the 9th one too. 

I don't know what they will put in instead but I'm looking forward to finding out in 22 days or so.

Might just be more weapon skins, I suppose. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

No one would be eligible for the 9th birthday gift yet.    I can't imagine they would stop giving gifts.  That would make a lot of people angry.

Yeah, i imagine a lot of people would be angry. 🙂

Wasn't sure about when the birthdays start though...

14 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The first day of headstart was 25th August 2012 (and all beta characters were deleted before launch), so it's impossible for anyone to have a 9 year old character yet. The 9th birthday will be slightly earlier because the game doesn't factor in leap years, it just gives a gift every 365 days. According to GW2Efficency my oldest character is due to get a birthday gift in 3 weeks and 1 day, so the 22nd.

We'll find out what's in the birthday gift either when the first people get them or maybe when Anet tells us, which they don't always do but did last year.

Ah yes, thanks, wasn't sure when the birthdays start.

14 hours ago, Bast.7253 said:

I don't frequent reddit but i guess i can check it out from time to time.

And yeah, exclusive dyes are great.

I hope they don't give us more backpacks, i already have them all, and i imagine most people do as well. I mean, even if you have one 8 year old character, you would have collected them all by now.

Armor skins are the same across all weights right? If so, you would have collected them all by the 8th too.

I already have the victory rock, why would they give us another one?

And some Cantha flavor would be nice, but historically they didn't include any HoT or PoF flavored gifts so i don't see why they'd do that now (or did they?).

14 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

Really hope for a level 80 scroll/instant ticket. During the first anniversaries you have a lvl 20, 30, 40, 50 levels scroll and the last ones was just our character standing on a rock and a celebration infusion, very disapointing. Being in for 8 years for that... 

My idea of the 9th year gift? A black lion outfit voucher, you select the one you want.

I like the victory rock and the infusion. I mean, it's 8 years, you need to show it off to people somehow haha! 😃

I doubt they'll give us anything that can be bought in the gem store though, even an lvl 80 scroll since they sell 80 boosters in the shop. I know it's not the same and you get gear and whatnot with a boost whereas a scroll would just level you, but idk.

We'll see.

And well, whoever stuck out with this game for 9 years deserves a bit of an extra nice thing. Even if they just created the character and returned 9 years later haha!

14 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I don't think they would give the Victory Rock, again.  That was Year 7's gift, and they didn't repeat it for Year 8. 

Would make no sense to give it again if it's unlocked already, yeah.

13 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

All three weights of armour skins and five city backpacks should have been unlocked on the 8th birthday (unless someone picked the same one twice). I don't think they'll be there for the 9th one too. 

I don't know what they will put in instead but I'm looking forward to finding out in 22 days or so.

Might just be more weapon skins, I suppose. 🤔

Exactly, they would have been unlocked already by the 9th. I have them all, giving them again would be pointless to most people. They'll probably continue with the weapon skins and dyes, but might give us some "premium" stuff as well, maybe a birthday infusion (doesn't need to have agony or stats). It would be cool if they gave us a unique infusion for the 9th birthday.

13 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

I'll get mine late. My oldest character isn't the oldest on my account - I deleted my first ever character a few months after I started playing and now I'm late on every birthday. 😞

I still have my first character! 🙂 I played it for i think up to level 30ish before i decided it's not really for me. It was an engineer. After that i decided to try a new character and made a Charr mesmer which has been my main since then, i fell in love with mesmer gameplay. So even though my mesmer is my main, the engineer will get his birthday gift sooner! 😄

11 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

A birthday backpiece/glider or mount skin set would be nice. But I'm happy for the dyes, everything else is bonus.

Yeah, a unique backpack/glider combo would be cool as well.

• Confused 1

The only items which have been included in every previous year's birthday gifts are a title and birthday boosters.

But based on previous years it's likely the pack each character gets will also contain:

• a birthday card which can be consumed for karma
  • a dye selection pack
  • 5 teleport to friend
  • possibly black lion statuettes

Then the once-per account extras are likely to include:

• a title
  • 2 luminous weapons (there's 16 in the set, we've only had 8 so far)
  • 1 guarenteed wardrobe unlock
  • probably another cosmetic item.

We've had city backpacks for 5 years and armour sets for 3 years meaning unless someone accidentally picked a duplicate they'll have unlocked all the choices by their 8th birthday so I think they'll stop offering those. Previous cosmetic gifts have been a mini pet, finisher, mail carrier, 'chair' (posing rock), and an infusion (as well as the previously mentioned weapon and armour skins).

I don't think they'll give us something related to EoD yet because it would be annoying to have to wait 6 months to use it. Cosmetic items we haven't had are a glider, an outfit, a mount, other types of novelty (musical instrument, kite/balloon, toy, tonic). Or they could do repeat one, like a new backpack. Of those a novelty, outfit or glider seem most likely to me.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

:classic_blink: With all the other ways to easily acquire outfits, and some people already having all outfits unlocked, that would be a huge disappointment for a gift.

Bah, then a choice between all Black lion vouchers, weapons, backpack, glider, outfit....

Releasing a unique 9 year finisher or chair wouldn't be cool either and also big disapointment for a gift.

Before criticizing, tell me, what would you see, no evasive answers like "something else". 

You know, maybe some peoples may have already outfit, but I know some that still have 0 of them beyond the classic royal guard one. Not everyone used 800 gems or less to get an outfit, some just log in for dailies and have 0 interest into purchasing an outfit, but they would be definitely happy of getting one for free.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Voucher_Dealer peoples definitely have choice with vouchers. And what would be more disapointing after 8 years, to have than a useless gimmick like the rock pose we got or the infusion that only have the name. Peoples today can easily get ascended through ls maps or fractals. And the only infusion that matter frankly is agony resistance. Witch can be obtained fairly easy. There are no progression left, we had an infusion, what next? A precursor? A legendary?

They could have least kept level scrolls. Even if it is just a level 60 one.

Now thinking, even a selection of a select mount licence between all of them would be cool as a reward.

Or, a choice of the lounge pass you want.

Or better, a choice permit all the existing black lion existing goodies:

Skins, lounges, gathering tools, home nodes, utilities.

Maybe unique mount set+Glider+Cape with gw2 logo on them? This way, even no expansions owner aren't left behind.

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

Maybe unique mount set+Glider+Cape with gw2 logo on them? This way, even no expansions owner aren't left behind.

If the player has no expansions, how would they possibly use a Mount skin or Glider skin?  (I assume you meant skins with the Guild Wars 2 logo.)

Or, you meant give an incentive to purchase the previous expansions...or just items to keep in inventory or bank? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If the player has no expansions, how would they possibly use a Mount skin or Glider skin?  (I assume you meant skins with the Guild Wars 2 logo.)

Or, you meant give an incentive to purchase the previous expansions...or just items to keep in inventory or bank? 

I mean, if someone is playing the game for 9 years and didn't buy the expansions (read: full game), then first, kudos to them for still being interested in the game and second, that might actually be a fancy way of saying "buy the kitten game already". 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mik.3401 said:

Inb4 it as an Aurene backpack skin 😂

Plush Aurene reskin with seizure inducing particle effects incoming...

A Cape might be a good guess. Not that I would be happy about it, but 1) it's not dependent on having purchased the full game or expansions, 2) it might not come as a skin but as an ascended backpiece adding value and 3) while not being the newest fad now, it might just have been the newest fad when ANet thought about what the 9th birthday gift could contain. Anyway, please let it not be a cape...

Gathering tools or some special teleportation device would have at least some use, toys or novelties are kinda meh but still something they could go with because of their accesability(see above, point 1).

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Core players would receive a cape. Yes glider and mount would give an incentive to purchase expacs. They would get an item that is the gw2 logo mount skin and a gw2 logo glider skin with written on them "purchase the expansion to use it"

Pros: any player get a unique skin, for the ones without all the expansion it pushes them to get them.

Edited by hugo.4705