...Not another melee elite/weapon

Arheundel.6451

Not interested into another melee spec for EoD, what about you?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy EoD if ele gets another melee elite?

Really there would be zero point for me in buying EoD if elementalist gets another melee elite, I am not interested in afk fishing, new legendaries, PvE fluff and what else has been shown so far. I've got the mounts, all of them including the flying ones, I've got the legendaries, more than enough and don't need more of them; as far as I am concerned...I am done unless I get some different way to play elementalist.

Since launch I wanted to play something akin to my GW1 air ele, waited patiently for 10 years fot that to happen and was briefly able to play that in some instance with FA ele  and we all know that didn't last long, now I am done and definitely not looking forward for another 4-5 years to play dodgeball among a sea of red-cirles while using once again that focus and cele/condi gear.

Unless I get something ranged and viable...I'll be happy to play what we have now, which we all know is not much but better than lying to myself claiming to have new toys when in the end it'd be the same kittening thing

I wonder what is everybody else is thinking....

NOTE-This is not a smear campaign, this is simply what I am gonna do and I am interested in knowing what others think, in the end everybody is free to do whatever with their own moneys

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have no issue with another melee weapon, so Ele getting one wouldn't have any weight on if I buy the expac or not. What does determine whether or not I buy it is if the elite spec looks fun to play. I don't care what weapon we get honestly, I think Scepter and Staff are great range weapons already and Sword and Dagger both cover my melee needs, so right now what will sell it to me is how it plays and how it feels different from the other specs.

• Thanks 2

Is warhorn a melee wepon? It feels like we need scepter to get an update to fill a better ranged dmg / ranged support wepon then what it is now then looking for elites spec to fix it.

I for one hope for a torch that is both 300 ish on the ele for a strong effect that stays with the ele and 900 ish for a big ranged effect. Is that melee or ranged?

12 minutes ago, Jski.6180 said:

Is warhorn a melee wepon? It feels like we need scepter to get an update to fill a better ranged dmg / ranged support wepon then what it is now then looking for elites spec to fix it.

I for one hope for a torch that is both 300 ish on the ele for a strong effect that stays with the ele and 900 ish for a big ranged effect. Is that melee or ranged?

No torches, Jski.............. Bad Jski!

2 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

How can you get a melee e-spec when every melee weapons are already used? pistol, rifle, longbow or torch. Pick your poison

They could also go mace as well. For offhand they can still go Torch, Mace, or Pistol. Eles still have a lot of melee options.

Elementaliat is a mage, a magic caster, i want to play it at diatances of 900+ i want to be able to move out the way of damage with magnificent brilliance with spells, i want to deal heavey damage from afar. It have the lowest health pool and the lowest defence, i do not want to be in any range of a mele attack ever. 

Sword is just a terrible concept to me for a magic caster class. If you like battle mages sure sword your thing but thats not my kind of magic caster.

Im hoping for off hand torch and quickness with the new spec. I hopeing it will give access to quickness. With quickness that might fix the slow clunckyness of staff, as well as making fa ele more viable and fun. But this is my hope anyway.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
Added more words
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

Elementalist is my favorite class, but somehow i have almost zero interest in incoming e-spec. Gameplay-wise, what i miss, is good semi-ranged weapon: mostly i'm playing WvW as weaver with sword and once target starting to run away, i barely have a chance to properly land a hit on it. While dagger and scepeter provide range options, these weapons feel so much worse in terms of both offense and defence: i loose almost all mobility with scepeter, dagger's dashes with cast times make it too clunky (staff's skills are unable to hit nonstationary single target, thus i don't mention it at all).

Weapon swap could fix my issue, but if it comes with new e-spec, i loose sword. With other weapons i have strong aesthetic issue: pistol, rifle, bow for mage?.. Even mace is ok-ish compared to that. Probably i'm prey of stereotypes, but i just cannot remember any mage with bow.

Honestly, best weapon for me would be main hand focus with melee range defencive abilities on water/earth with stability/protection/regen share + one evade on earth, autos would be 360 degrees, 240 range skills. Air would have blink, blind and 900p single target non-projectle attack. Fire - 900p, short radius aoe with cast time.

I know, by asking for well defended ranged build, i demand too much, but let me dream!

Edited by Rodril.1385
Fixed typ-o.
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Warhorn's not technically melee, but it is on tempest whose big mechanic is overloads, which are essentially PBAoE effects. So if anything, tempest is even more oriented towards close-in fighting than weaver, since weaver can still benefit from all of its abilities while fighting at standoff range with staff or scepter.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yes, because I like melee.

Ngl some people have had some pretty good concepts with Longbow, like that reddit post and some people on the forum, which make me want to pick it as the next spec for ele. 

But I'm also on the same boat with you. Melee is love, melee is life! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Warhorn's not technically melee, but it is on tempest whose big mechanic is overloads, which are essentially PBAoE effects. So if anything, tempest is even more oriented towards close-in fighting than weaver, since weaver can still benefit from all of its abilities while fighting at standoff range with staff or scepter.

That seems to be more of a problem with scepter then any thing else the wepon can only do fake ranged dps but its more of an melee wepon so Warhorn even though having the ability to do things at ranged needs to run dagger as main hand making the tempest more of an melee. Scepter needs to be made a much better ranged attk and ranged support wepon and a lot of this melee vs ranged elite spec wepon becomes unimportant.

I like off hand weapons for ele elite spec more then main hand it just lets you play more flexible for builds. Its the core main hand weapons that are the problem.

• Like 1

i already bought the expac as well coz i want to finish the story and the story has always been what drove me to play the most in this game as well as it being super casual friendly.

now about the elite spec weapons, path of fire has brought in my openion the best elite (MH sword) for the ele so far comparing it to hear of thorns. i have played ele with D/D setup throughout the core game as well as HOT, yes the off hand for hot was not to my liking by the mechanic of an auramancer made for a very good support class specially in water. path of fire's elite weapon was viable and made me finally leave my D/D setup to a Sword/Dagger which i throughly enjoy to this day. the mechanic is challenging a bit and has a bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it is enjoyable. 

the point i am trying to make is and am sure many would agree is that its not the weapon only that makes a new elite spec awesome its the mechanic that comes with it (look at mesmer). in my case worse case senario i go back to D/D gameplay with the new mechanic and not use the new weapon.

here are my expectations:

- spear best choice as the combat style changes based on element from melee to mid and long range

- bow as many people speculated and is in much demand by the player base

- rifle is not bad making the attunments and utility abilities ammo based

- dual pistol (not single please) is an elaboration on the engineer pistol mechanic i guess

- tourch is the one i am dreading as it would end up purely depending on mechanic probably back to D/D for me (then  again it might be cool like scourge).

these are my thoughts on the subject

I voted yes.  Me buying EoD isn’t really contingent on what they do with ele.  However, I will say I really wanted to play ele when I started this game and have found it to be disappointing enough that I just re-rolled a necro.

I know that many say weaver is good.  Haven’t tried it because I don’t really want to run a light armor, low health pool character as a melee.  What’s the point of having to evade 4x as often as other professions just to stay alive and do the same damage?  So yeah, I hope it’s not another melee weapon.  For that matter, I hope it’s not another terrible ranged weapon like staff…

• Like 3