I regret buying EOD!

Exile.8160

3 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

This clownfest pvp meta made  regret buying EOD completely, is ther a way yo get a refund?

ask customer support, not random people in pvp sub section

EDIT
when I activated my CD-key on the wrong acc I was told to kitten off, so you are 50/50 xd

Edited by Leonidrex.5649
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Imagine buying a product on pre-sale, of which you have (most likely) long known that a part of it is absolutely not to be recommended (anymore or at least according to the current state), and complaining afterwards in the forum with the question whether you can get your purchase refunded.

Apart from that, everything OK? 😂

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

From a purely consumer perspective, no PvP player (PvP main or anyone who loves PvP in general) should buy EoD. I don't know how ANet responds to people recommending you don't buy their product on their forums, but if they have any sense of decency, they would and should realise that as consumers, they are scamming PvP players.

PvP is not competitive in terms of ranking -  wintrading is common so actually working to gain any kind of top rank is pointless since ANet don't combat it.

PvP is not competitive in terms of balancing - I shouldn't have to spell it out, Scourges are utterly broken and every major PvP streamer and the entire forums are complaining about it. TeaPot, who is an ANet partner, regularly tries to show how broken it is, like winning a 4v4 tournament with 4 scourges.

PvP is not even actually "Player vs Player" in many cases - Bots are rampant and ANet is clearly not taking the right steps to combat it. Below Gold the odds of having a bot in your match rapidly approaches 1:1. 

PvP is a competitive, Player-vs-Player gamemode that is advertised in the GW2 product, the product that you pay for when you buy the game and its expansions. Whatever it is advertised to be is currently not delivered and paying for it means you are literally getting scammed at this point. If you consider yourself to be a "PvP" player you should know not to buy EoD as a consumer until PvP is actually maintained to be in the competitive state (integrity of ranking values, appropriate character balancing and assurance that you are actually playing against humans) that is advertised to be part of the GW2 product.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

For a very brief period of time in 2015 before Hot launch....GW2 elite specs are the most ill designed concepts I ever seen in a videogame 

I said for the past 4+ years, I've been here since near launch, talking about around the time HoT was preparing to launch I think people were just wanting something new and fresh to work with as far as E-specs go. I still recall the times everything else was stale. Though even back in core times GW2 it had its own form of meta debauchery with 4 ele 1 thief comps. Though really PvP clown fiesta has been around since Season 1, I still remember high end players(the pioneers) taking low ranked players in a premade to game the matchmaking to give them easier matches. 🤣 

36 minutes ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

I said for the past 4+ years, I've been here since near launch, talking about around the time HoT was preparing to launch I think people were just wanting something new and fresh to work with as far as E-specs go. I still recall the times everything else was stale. Though even back in core times GW2 it had its own form of meta debauchery with 4 ele 1 thief comps. Though really PvP clown fiesta has been around since Season 1, I still remember high end players(the pioneers) taking low ranked players in a premade to game the matchmaking to give them easier matches. 🤣 

Ele "debauchery" didn't last for more than 3 months...sadly ele is not necro and the class got destroyed by nerfs few months after that tournament, you may have forgot but they added like an ICD to Cleansing Water and Signet of Restoration , after that the class got so unplayable for real...like no your usual forum drama, the class got really basically unplayable that Anet devs for the first time in the history of Anet they ended up reverting the nerfs..I don't know how people forget this part xd, everybody was surprised at anet decision, that was possibly the only time they reverted a set of nerfs.

It lets you realize how kitten is the design of the elementalist that with a coupld of ICD to crucial traits, the whole class becomes unplayable lol.

Either way again...ele is not necro, the second it becomes a tad strong (OP as others would say) it gets demolished by nerfs till only a handful of people play it

Edited by Arheundel.6451

Tbh why would you preorder any gw2 expansion? Especially so early?

Theres literally not even a single thing that you get from preorder that is anyhow useful. Like, lets compare it to for example WoW preorder, if I remember correctly (depending which version you bought) you got a mount, subscription, max level boost (which actually matters in games like this where u dont have 80k of tomes of knowledge), whole armor skin and unique weapon enchant skin that you cant get anymore (and probably something else like title, pet etc).

Meanwhile gw2 gives you max lvl boost (xd), cape (xd, ugly af), title and weapon skin (that you will probably get anyway later during the game). Like...why would you do this?

Edited by Widmo.3186
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

The game didn't come out yet.

Drama for the sake of drama helps no one. Ill be getting EoD regardless of pvp right now and hope for the best. I come from mesmer's suffering is an old friend.

So after mesmer being dead for 2 years do you still have hope that they'll fix it wit the virtuso and his fancy daggers? lol

59 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Ele "debauchery" didn't last for more than 3 months...sadly ele is not necro and the class got destroyed by nerfs few months after that tournament, you may have forgot but they added like an ICD to Cleansing Water and Signet of Restoration , after that the class got so unplayable for real...like no your usual forum drama, the class got really basically unplayable that Anet devs for the first time in the history of Anet they ended up reverting the nerfs..I don't know how people forget this part xd, everybody was surprised at anet decision, that was possibly the only time they reverted a set of nerfs.

It lets you realize how kitten is the design of the elementalist that with a coupld of ICD to crucial traits, the whole class becomes unplayable lol.

Either way again...ele is not necro, the second it becomes a tad strong (OP as others would say) it gets demolished by nerfs till only a handful of people play it

4 Ele and 1 thief still happened, it wasn't anywhere as bad as the HoT bunker meta though. My point is core gw2 wasn't free of being a meta clown fiesta, it had its share of  debauchery that wasn't only ele. There was also , Zookeeper necros, Sentinel Decap Engis, Axe/Sword/ longbow warrior, Dhuumfire Terrormancer, and Clone Death Condi mesmers  and this was back when we had a actual balance team, 

Core days Ele back then was also one of the few classes that could get caught alone by a zerg and escape in WvW (It's a reason why RtL got the CD increase without hitting anything), and also a factor why the might boon itself also got shaved but I digress. IIRC reason why Signet Of Restoration got a ICD was an interaction with lighting whip giving multiple signet procs.  Ele though tbh feels like a class in limbo outside of PvE current day, it's like none of the Devs don't know what to do with it without making it ridiculous.  

Edited by Lucentfir.7430
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, frareanselm.1925 said:

So after mesmer being dead for 2 years do you still have hope that they'll fix it wit the virtuso and his fancy daggers? lol

No, i have no faith its not only Anet, but the community of players. If its good i doubt it will stay good this community is monstrous to mesmer's there's still a sizable amount of people who think mesmers are OP.

Edited by Genesis.5169

Why on earth with gw2 being in the state it is in would u have pre purchased EoD or anything for this game for that matter?

They games on a fast downfall with nothing but hopefully promises to keep it a float, and we all kno how credible anet promises and game plans are.

Hows everyone likeing their new cadence of doing smaller but very frequent balance passes to try to continually improve balance?

• Confused 1

I'm going to wait until I see every single elite spec at the very least, and most likely even refrain from purchasing unless balancing direction stabilizes for competitive. Since PvP is endgame for me and the only thing keeping me around/logging in from time to time, the plot content for Cantha is secondary.

It's too soon to preorder. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 9:12 AM, Terrorsquad.2349 said:

Nobody should buy pre-release, no matter the game. When will people learn.

People buy pre-release based on past performances, it's safe to assume that 3/4 of those who initially pre-purchased GW2 did so based on GW1 performance, I was one of them and so did my friends(none of them still play GW2).

With that said why anybody would pre-purchase a product from Anet after everything GW2 has proved to be...it's behind me. The situation is quite clear: if EoD elites prove to be as badly designed as PoF ones..then I see no reason to even bother, ofc to each his own but ...yeah