Why is this even possible?

10 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

If you had dismounted and attacked him, do you think you could have beaten him?

If yes, this should be a learning experience of what not to do in such a situation. 

If no, well then the way you died doesnt really matter, does it? It's not like you could have performed worse, you can only get better from there.

Hot diggity is them's some harsh troofs.

What could I have done in this situation? Well, anything.. Pretty much anything tops watching it happen with a full toolbar xD

• Like 1

Hmm, mounts interact strangely with things. Maybe being dismounted shouldn't be considered a CC. Did you know dismounting activates on swap sigils?

It was kinda BS and your enemy was rather BM, but I have to ask; you evaporated immediately after being dismounted and changing dismount mechanics or even ranger ones would not help. How much HP do you have? Because there is indeed no way to outplay it as you are.

I mean I can turn people straight from mount to down too, but they have to eat the whole thing. Not full glass but usually super squishy targets.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

If I used 4 skills on someone while being glass, I’d hope they would enter downstate as well lol

but yes, the way that player is acting is trashy, he should just quit and get a life.

No other spec can come close.

Even investing three offensive utilities, primary spec mechanic, all offensive traits, no stunbreak/stab, and some of the worst weapon combos in the game on pure melee on a number of other classes gets you *MAYBE* half this level of damage.

Most other professions were gutted out of their damage modifiers in the name of preventing this kind of stuff prior to or with the Feb 2020 patch.

As for the guy's attitude, it's standard Mag.  Camp near spawn by a tower/keep, gank with cheese, mock people for dying, and if things ever go badly or start to go badly they scurry back behind walls until they get more people while claiming "mY bUiLd Is BaD."

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

https://streamable.com/osq7gk

Not talking about the 1-shot.  Talking about the 1-shot off mount directly into downed without being able to do anything.

• Checking the video frame by frame, the ranger went stealth before the arrow burst
  • After being downed, invulnerability did kick in, though I'm unsure whether it applies to finishes
  • The end part where there's a teleport + finish does look strange as others mentioned (all activated at once or in milliseconds)
  • Over the years, there's been flying gunners in PvP, wall glitching, teleporters across maps & more
  • Previous plan to launch GW2 on Steam (a year back) was likely in-part to borrow their anti-hack platform (very well designed), though it costs $$$ (hence likely after EOD + Alliances)

Your best bet would be to submit a email or ticket right away (while EOD + Alliances are currently in dev mode) just so the QA/QC can take a look at the raw data/timing of skills activations & document it

Make sure to note down:

- Server time

- Player's rank/name?

- Map (which border map)

- Incident (be as clear/concise/detailed as possible)

How to report issues:

Another player post:

Sorry this happened to you, hope this helps! 🙏

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Woop S.7851 said:
  • The end part where there's a teleport + finish does look strange as others mentioned (all activated at once or in milliseconds)

Doesnt seem so strange, I assume all rangers doing this on a constant basis use a simple one button macro to set it up, similar to how other classes could set up instakill bursts. I still fondly remember the dragonhunter that could literally kill me in 0.2 seconds from 1200 range by exploiting multiple delayed attacks and judge which is so fast the game doesnt even understand what happens because when you looked at it frame by frame, the downstate GUI was starting to show up while still alive at 90% hp. 

Sometimes you just got to be impressed.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Prolly merged with Smokescale for 750 range port / hit using Smoke Assult.

Dont smoke assault need pet on target for that to work, that was my 1st impression but theres a no animation not pet on target to teleport(besided swop wings), reason im kinda doubting the macro speed alige effect of the combo itself.

Note: I idnt used much the smokescale to know  all the tricks behind the usage of it.

The speed of this combo is macro  and possible WPE.

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Doesnt seem so strange, I assume all rangers doing this on a constant basis use a simple one button macro to set it up, similar to how other classes could set up instakill bursts. I still fondly remember the dragonhunter that could literally kill me in 0.2 seconds from 1200 range by exploiting multiple delayed attacks and judge which is so fast the game doesnt even understand what happens because when you looked at it frame by frame, the downstate GUI was starting to show up while still alive at 90% hp. 

That's actually what it feels like, very macro-able like i saif id not  using wpe for  a extremer boost while on quickness (hard to tell cause OP didnt recorded the boons on enemy).

That sounds like package editing, like we used to do in Ragnarok online 🙂 to troll allies and friends mostly.

Same happened at the begining of this game the macro DD eles, i had to build up a 30k HP guardian with tons of retaliation for them self kill on my retal since they cant stop, some would laugh that i was hard countering their macro some didnt liked, during that macro felt like my game would crash any time...

IF we know the possible speed of the animation with quickness and w/o it anything that comes out making a decent FPS drop caused by a burst.??. its a busted burt with "3rd party tools".

That or some mesmer clone with a backpack situaiton 😛

Edited by Aeolus.3615

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yea, I'm pretty impressed that people have to use macros in such a mechanically simple game like this..🤧

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

Hot diggity is them's some harsh troofs.

What could I have done in this situation? Well, anything.. Pretty much anything tops watching it happen with a full toolbar xD

See the edit in the OP.  I was downed before hitting the ground.  Unless skills work while airborne/freefalling/ragdolling during the forced dismount animation, the only option would have been to manually dismount before the burst.  If it wasn't obvious from the opening part of the clip, I wasn't looking to fight but to get away.  Still, lessons learned I suppose.

4 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

It was kinda BS and your enemy was rather BM, but I have to ask; you evaporated immediately after being dismounted and changing dismount mechanics or even ranger ones would not help. How much HP do you have? Because there is indeed no way to outplay it as you are.

18K+ base before buffs.

4 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

As for the guy's attitude, it's standard Mag.  Camp near spawn by a tower/keep, gank with cheese, mock people for dying, and if things ever go badly or start to go badly they scurry back behind walls until they get more people while claiming "mY bUiLd Is BaD."

Exactly what he was doing.

37 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

That's actually what it feels like, very macro-able like i saif id not  using wpe for  a extremer boost while on quickness (hard to tell cause OP didnt recorded the boons on enemy).

Yeah, they had Quickness:

https://imgur.com/s5izUlN

2 hours ago, DeceiverX.8361 said:

No other spec can come close.

Even investing three offensive utilities, primary spec mechanic, all offensive traits, no stunbreak/stab, and some of the worst weapon combos in the game on pure melee on a number of other classes gets you *MAYBE* half this level of damage.

Most other professions were gutted out of their damage modifiers in the name of preventing this kind of stuff prior to or with the Feb 2020 patch.

The guy is using WS, BM and soulbeast, he would possibly had 4 multipliers working for him and had sup runes of the firework and used sic em, qz, rapid fire, smoke assault, wi and owp to down player, after which he would have nothing left but to hope the target was dead. Ahha

Having been hit by an 7-8k arc dividers yesterday by a warrior, I’m pretty sure melee classes can output enough damage to down a player if slotting glass and using 6 skills to do so lol

10 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

The ranger "teleported" with GS Swopp  to melee  target????

Swoop isnt a teleport but a telegraphed leap/rush it doesnt work like medi guard teleport, even with quickness.

Range to teleport to target everything in same sec from quite some distance?? sorry guys Ranger doesnt fight like a medi guard yet...

Wich ranger or soulbeast skill makes the pet and the user teleport to range???? if u notice in the video ranger teleport and the pet takes some time to be teleported.

@Twilight Tempest.7584

if u have better footage of this video report to anet cheats thing.

This is most probably a case of package injection.

Even though smoke assault will teleport you to your target, the range at which it happened is a little suspect.  It's hard to tell from the video but it looks like there was more than 750 units when rapid fire was going on, so had to be a macro that timed it exactly or something odd happened.  

Looks like Rapid Fire + Sic Em' + OWP => Smoke Assault => Wordly Impact; the rotation is fine but as mentioned before the speed of execution and especially the range on the port to insta-down is really weird.  I've never actually seen that myself, usually sic em' rangers will rapid fire you off the mount and then barrage => smoke assault or something to finish, not everything at once like that.  

4 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Even though smoke assault will teleport you to your target, the range at which it happened is a little suspect.  It's hard to tell from the video but it looks like there was more than 750 units when rapid fire was going on, so had to be a macro that timed it exactly or something odd happened.  

Looks like Rapid Fire + Sic Em' + OWP => Smoke Assault => Wordly Impact; the rotation is fine but as mentioned before the speed of execution and especially the range on the port to insta-down is really weird.  I've never actually seen that myself, usually sic em' rangers will rapid fire you off the mount and then barrage => smoke assault or something to finish, not everything at once like that.  

He used QZ as well.

Seems to me like he had really good net speed/lives near the servers to have no skill lag as well. This game plays differently for me with 300 ping than what I see in other players videos lol

18 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

Anyone know?

Answering your question is easy: The second you saw him attempt to dismount you and dismount behind you, you should have pivoted your camera behind you (and expected an LB2 burst, as that is the most common thing he'd do in that situation). If you had done that, all you'd have to do is jump once when the LB2 goes off and he would not even have been able to dismount you. Also, if you are new to the game mode, I strongly suggest putting some HP and tank on your character. I don't know if you are, but it is a common mistake for new players to come in with 12k hp / 2k armor and be surprised. Damage in WvW is far higher than in sPvP or from the mobs of PvE.

Whether the game should have builds that are very punishing against new players (or against builds of various other content types) is a question that is much harder to answer.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea, I'm pretty impressed that people have to use macros in such a mechanically simple game like this..🤧

Because otherwise they can't pull this things off. It's similar to the good old times of mesmer one shot macros. Good players can chain their GS skills, others rely on macroing those.

16 minutes ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

Answering your question is easy: The second you saw him attempt to dismount you and dismount behind you, you should have pivoted your camera behind you (and expected an LB2 burst, as that is the most common thing he'd do in that situation). If you had done that, all you'd have to do is jump once when the LB2 goes off and he would not even have been able to dismount you. Also, if you are new to the game mode, I strongly suggest putting some HP and tank on your character. I don't know if you are, but it is a common mistake for new players to come in with 12k hp / 2k armor and be surprised. Damage in WvW is far higher than in sPvP or from the mobs of PvE.

Whether the game should have builds that are very punishing against new players (or against builds of various other content types) is a question that is much harder to answer.

I have 18K+ base HP before buffs.

I was out of Warclaw evades when the burst came. First one was used to evade his Lance. Second was used trying to avoid his Battle Maul.

You can see in the clip I did use look behind but it didn't really matter since I had no evades. As I said above, unless there were skills I could use while locked in the forced dismount animation, the only out would have been manually dismounting before the burst so I could use skills.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Like 1

@Aeolus.3615@Woop S.7851

If there wasn't anything sketchy, I assume he used GS Swoop, which is 1,000 range, into merged Smoke Assault to cover the remaining gap.

The QZ RF burst with OWP into SA + WI is so fast and seamless I wouldn't be surprised if macros are in use, as others suggested.  Not sure if macros are considered cheating.

4 minutes ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@Aeolus.3615@Woop S.7851

If there wasn't anything sketchy, I assume he used GS Swoop, which is 1,000 range, into merged Smoke Assault to cover the remaining gap.

The QZ RF burst with OWP into SA + WI is so fast and seamless I wouldn't be surprised if macros are in use, as others suggested.  Not sure if macros are considered cheating.

The reaction time on GS Swoop that quickly would have me questioning, but if you look when they are BM'ing you--they are holding a bow, meaning there can be no way to have weapon swapped from LB to GS and back in the span of 3 seconds.  

So definitely a macro, which I believe is technically an exploit under anet's rules--but we have blatant botting in WvW with no repercussions so probably little they will do here unfortunately.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

See the edit in the OP.  I was downed before hitting the ground.  Unless skills work while airborne/freefalling/ragdolling during the forced dismount animation, the only option would have been to manually dismount before the burst.  If it wasn't obvious from the opening part of the clip, I wasn't looking to fight but to get away.  

WvW is a poor choice of locations to avoid fighting.

Your warclaw can also dodge

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

The reaction time on GS Swoop that quickly would have me questioning, but if you look when they are BM'ing you--they are holding a bow, meaning there can be no way to have weapon swapped from LB to GS and back in the span of 3 seconds.  

So definitely a macro, which I believe is technically an exploit under anet's rules--but we have blatant botting in WvW with no repercussions so probably little they will do here unfortunately.  

Smokescale assault can be triggered from range and follows the victim wherever it goes during channel, no greatsword involved.

As for needing a macro.. Dude, go get a mouse with a thumbpad. Everybody playing this game and especially people talking about what is and isn't possible in game should own an mmo mouse 

Logitech g600

Go get one, theyre 35 bucks sometimes.

You'll wonder why you waited so long to get one.

3 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I mean OP did die in 3s; I would like to see footage of players handling something similar.

I've never seen anyone instadowned in this manner before.  Closest I can think of is certain mesmers but not from a mount.

I've done this to people, had people avoid it, had this done to me and also avoided it.

The key is to not let your mount die under you, dodge or dismount.

5 hours ago, LetoII.3782 said:

WvW is a poor choice of locations to avoid fighting.

I mean, do you engage every single player you see?  Is the only option ever to fight?

EDIT: I forgot to reiterate what I said in an earlier post--the Soulbeast in the clip was also trolling.  Running into his Keep every time he got low.  I saw this happen a few times.  So I didn't want to waste time "fighting" him near his Keep.

Your warclaw can also dodge

If you review the opening seconds of the clip, you'll see I did dodge his Lance and tried to dodge his Battle Maul.  Nothing left for the RF burst.

20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing.  I said towards the beginning of this thread that I probably should have dismounted myself before the burst.  It's just that until this experience, I never expected to be deleted off my mount before my character even landed on the ground.

Edited by Twilight Tempest.7584
  • Like 1