Guardian Elite Spec: WILLBENDER

ChronoPinoyX.7923

11 hours ago, Exile.8160 said:

Teleports on guard alone arent the best for roaming either since you will always need an enemy target to even activate the skill.

teeeeeeeeeeeechnically speaking all of them can be activated without valid target. it's just the skip the teleport part if you do so. Which is arguably worse, as you can easilly waste them as they are now.

as for the 15s cd leap I think they were refering to Leap of Faith (GS leap), not Wings of Resolve which in fact has 15s cd in pvp/wvw. But to that I would rais argument that compared to other melee GS gap closers leap of faith is very short in distance covered.

• Confused 1

Well I was betting on a heavy armour thief lol
I may not have got the thief spec I was asking for but it's hard to deny that what they've done here is turn Guardian into a Heavy Armour Thief XD

I dunno how to feel about it tbh, sounds cool, looks cool I guess but it's not what I wanted for a Guardian.. it's what I wanted for a Thief so.. yeah.
It'll be interesting I guess but now I have to wonder what the Thief spec is going to be.. and will I ever get the brawler spec I want for that class so we can do away with all the spam dodging and stealth nonsense that makes the class little more than a troll class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celestia.9128 said:

From the trailer, the kick at 00:16 seems to be a stun. They also seem to get Physical utilities, which so far have been mostly CCs for Daredevil and Warrior. 

That is correct! 

I made a video yesterday breaking down what I could find of abilities and mechanics in the trailer. It looks like we have a very exciting spec coming our way. And it looks a lot different from DH. I truly believe this will shine in WvW Roaming. Hopefully the traits are just as good. Crossing my fingers for an alac source. But we'll see. 

• Confused 1

I'm into the mobility since it is something Guardian lacked even after Dragonhunter. However, not a big fan of all the punching neither Willbender nor Harbinger. I also find the yellow effects from the Swords to be somewhat disctracting and it is rather hard to figure out much from the trailer. Really curious how the new Virtues will work. 🤩

2 hours ago, Xaylin.1860 said:

I'm into the mobility since it is something Guardian lacked even after Dragonhunter. However, not a big fan of all the punching neither Willbender nor Harbinger. I also find the yellow effects from the Swords to be somewhat disctracting and it is rather hard to figure out much from the trailer. Really curious how the new Virtues will work. 🤩

I think the punching and the kicks look cool, asian style combat flavor fits the cultural theme of Cantha. But I agree that the swords are somewhat distracting us from seeing exactly what skills and effects are being used in the trailer. But maybe that's sort of the point? To hide it a little? I'm pretty sure the cone skill with the blue fist animation replaces F1, and the jump+teleport that smashes into the ground looks to give aegis on impact, so that might be replace F3? 

4 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

teeeeeeeeeeeechnically speaking all of them can be activated without valid target. it's just the skip the teleport part if you do so. Which is arguably worse, as you can easilly waste them as they are now.

as for the 15s cd leap I think they were refering to Leap of Faith (GS leap), not Wings of Resolve which in fact has 15s cd in pvp/wvw. But to that I would rais argument that compared to other melee GS gap closers leap of faith is very short in distance covered.

Oh well since we were talking about DH I figure it was the f2 but yeah even with gs3 in the mix it doesnt make guard a roamer lol

3 hours ago, Tuen.5641 said:

That is correct! 

I made a video yesterday breaking down what I could find of abilities and mechanics in the trailer. It looks like we have a very exciting spec coming our way. And it looks a lot different from DH. I truly believe this will shine in WvW Roaming. Hopefully the traits are just as good. Crossing my fingers for an alac source. But we'll see. 

I think using “insane” mobility is a bit too misleading as Daredevils will always be on top of having the most “insane” mobility, dodges etc… in the game. 

Of course we’re getting more information today on the skills + traits, but just because you see one semi-long dash in the video doesn’t automatically mean they have crazy mobility that everyone should be worried about. 

Just my opinion though ✌️

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Oh well since we were talking about DH I figure it was the f2 but yeah even with gs3 in the mix it doesnt make guard a roamer lol

Well at least a good one, as so far there are, "viable" roamer guardian builds, mostly using dragonhunter, but all of them I have seen struggle from same issue - once you are in fight you either win or die, and no in between. While most of the "good" roamer builds have tools to escape from the fights that took bad turn (thiefs being in particular strong in that department, but they are not the only ones with effective tools to disengage, they ust happen to have most tools to do so).

What I would hope for Willbender is to give us some proper good roaming builds that doesn't have to commit 100% into every fight, and have tools to disengage and retreat, when necesary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Well at least a good one, as so far there are, "viable" roamer guardian builds, mostly using dragonhunter, but all of them I have seen struggle from same issue - once you are in fight you either win or die, and no in between. While most of the "good" roamer builds have tools to escape from the fights that took bad turn (thiefs being in particular strong in that department, but they are not the only ones with effective tools to disengage, they ust happen to have most tools to do so).

What I would hope for Willbender is to give us some proper good roaming builds that doesn't have to commit 100% into every fight, and have tools to disengage and retreat, when necesary.

That's not the only issue, it doesn't take long to outsustain a guardian and all top roaming specs are heavy on sustain to fight and run away and..ofc survive a 1vs2 so...Willbender got so much to cover that I doubt it will

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

That's not the only issue, it doesn't take long to outsustain a guardian and all top roaming specs are heavy on sustain to fight and run away and..ofc survive a 1vs2 so...Willbender got so much to cover that I doubt it will

to be fair I don't neet it to contest for a "top" roaming spec, just "good" will do it for me 😉 So ability to put a serious fight in 1v1, solo cap the camps, and be able to disengage when getting +1'ed. That's all I am asking for.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

There was a leap that did an AoE and granted Aegis. I bet that was the new F3.

It does look like a good guess.  

I hope we get to see some talents during the stream / replay but I would already be happy with the tooltips 🙂 

1 hour ago, aymnad.9023 said:

It does look like a good guess.  

I hope we get to see some talents during the stream / replay but I would already be happy with the tooltips 🙂 

I think the jump with the ageis  and fire circle is the f3 but the teleport/blink was another skill like JI casted mid animetion of the f3.

elite traits are pretty trash for survival, and that minor heal trait...everything else is okish but for that 10k hp and full berserker gear those dmg numbers are not high....virtuoso did 50k dmg with 1 skill and guardian did 2k lol. i expected at least 10k with sword 4th skill. 

Edited by Ragnarox.9601
  • Confused 1