Legendary armor by pve exploration [Merged]

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

There are, however, many current viable solutions to this.

Not just one as those in this thread being intellectually dishonest about their desire for a prestige reward would have you believe.

Pretty much sums up the entirety of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

This is a very dismissive and myopic statement.

Classes like Engineer, Necro, Elementalist and Revenant can absolutely use many many stat sets to strong effect. The desire to use and experiment with them is not just a matter of someone who "just likes clicking" but instead a reflection of a player who likes to experiment with different play styles.

There are, however, many current viable solutions to this.

Not just one as those in this thread being intellectually dishonest about their desire for a prestige reward would have you believe.

Well, thus far, I have heard about a lot of this so called experimenting and different play style and I suppose there probably are some instances. But as of this thread, and in related discussions, I simply haven't found anything particularly convincing. Just how many iterations of plaguedoctor and diviners make a build unique? Especially in a non-raid, non-wvw context? And even when so, one can still acquire weapons and trinkets. Is not having the exact stats on armor that gamebreaking?

The most viable solution I already alluded to, and that would be greater flexibility in the template system such as more slots and not having them cost almost as much as a new character. But does this have to involve legendary armor? Not really if you ask me. That would benefit everyone regardless of any level of gear they are using.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vilin.8056 said:

Pretty much sums up the entirety of this thread.

One side making statements as if they're facts while ignoring inconvinient questions is what summorises this thread, mindriculous is best example of it. In this case i really just don't see any point to continue discussion, i think everyone who will read this thread can make their own conclussions. Enjoy your CM story mission bosses.

Edited by Rinagal.9235
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Rinagal.9235 said:

One side making statements as they're a fact while ignoring unconvinient questions is what summorise this topic, mindriculous is top example of it. In this case i really just don't see any point to continue discussion, i think everyone who will read this topic can make their own conclussions. Enjoy your CM story mission bosses.

Yeah, it's kind of silly.

• Confused 1

Lets hope, we can get the Envoy Set  in Strikes and improve to a different Legendary  in the future or go back in the HoT areas .

Something that links other things from different expansions

Edit - Also accounts that actively  play Raids  atm , they get a "special channel" .

So other people can't come to  their groups and they can't join others for 1-2 months  , to avoid scenarios  like when Strikes where released .

Or if they try Normal mode (for any reason , to do anything) , they cant get the rewards from Hardmode .

GW2-pc install client could offer stealth 16digitcode , that can be used as facecamera  to enforce things

Edited by Captain Kuro.8937
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Lets hope, we can get the Envoy Set  in Strikes and improve to a different Legendary  in the future or go back in the HoT areas .

Something that links things from different expansions

nope not envoy. i am half way already. i dont want to do raid for nothing. they can put something else on PVE.

• Thanks 2

Just do the pvp set. You can play whatever build you choose, go in when it suits you and it even partly pays for its self . Yeah it's locked behind seasons and people can be jerks, but there are things you can do about that. Just don't cap a base with someone else on it, they don't like that.

sorted.

• Confused 1

On 8/15/2021 at 11:07 PM, Sikil.9817 said:

Eh, I think if they really want raids to be a big part of GW2 that most/everyone takes part in they’d add different difficulty levels, to satisfy casual and hardcore players alike. Which is a little bit what we’re getting with the EoD strike missions and their challenge modes.

I’m guessing the next Living World Season/Saga/whatever it is they call post-EOD story patches will include new sets of legendary armor as a reward. Requiring a bunch of collections out of open world and strike missions to complete. (And the inevitable heap of mystic coins, grumble)

Wouldn't change anything, people will just make it a requirement that you own full legendary gear as proof before you can join the run.

It's a flaw is human nature, I need to horde food in my cave and fight away other people with sharp stick.

7 minutes ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

There is nothing remotely legendary about open world exploration.

Press 1, no need to dodge, skills?

You have to complete 5000 world bosses, 9 full map completions, 100 triple troubles, and every jumping puzzle 10 times. Have fun.

True. It should be a challenge to get legendary armor. Open world is not challenging at all. 

53 minutes ago, Esquilax.3491 said:

Wouldn't change anything, people will just make it a requirement that you own full legendary gear as proof before you can join the run.

It's a flaw is human nature, I need to horde food in my cave and fight away other people with sharp stick.

I pugged raid the last 6 years never linked a single LI/KP, does that count?

I simply state that I know mechanic and can do multi or xx roles for this particular boss and had nearly flawless successful rate.

There are multiple ways to earn trust, the question is whether if you have what it takes.

Edited by Vilin.8056

12 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:
20 minutes ago, TwoGhosts.6790 said:

There is nothing remotely legendary about open world exploration.

Press 1, no need to dodge, skills?

You have to complete 5000 world bosses, 9 full map completions, 100 triple troubles, and every jumping puzzle 10 times. Have fun.

True. It should be a challenge to get legendary armor. Open world is not challenging at all. 

Objectively more challenging than 2/3 of the already available paths and yet I've yet to see anyone argue about the removal / restructuring of these methods which shows that this point / objection does not come from a principled place.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Objectively more challenging than 2/3 of the already available paths and yet I've yet to see anyone argue about the removal / restructuring of these methods which shows that this point / objection does not come from a principled place.

Open world is more challenging than ranked PvP and WvW? No, absolutely not. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Judgey much?

You just just don't like the idea that the principled place from which these objections come is ... "Want the thing? Then do the thing, to get the thing." Which, as you point out, is eminently achievable via currently available paths.

Edited by TwoGhosts.6790
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

WvW is "easier" to get because unlike in pve, the opposition can be unpredictable so it's harder to gauge success.. If your server is doing badly, your enemy will get extremely bored and will start appearing even in more obscure locations, making it hard to even maintain participation. If you don't play during your server's active hours, it is also a lot harder.

Obviously a experienced person with a well built toon or some friends will have an easier time, but that's where "skill" comes in.

Also a lot of people fail to appreciate the extra pips for being a higher rank. A low rank player gains pips much more slowly, but a lot of WvW'eres already had a high rank by the time they bothered with Legendary Armor and didn't have to experience that.

Or the fact the game mode is now gated by a 4-8 hour grind for a Warclaw which can be pretty daunting for a new player. A less experienced player that is less mobile than more experienced players is quite challenging.

And then there's the sheer time.

As the complaint goes, a low level player basically has to spend the equivalent of a full time job for months.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

33 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Open world is more challenging than ranked PvP and WvW? No, absolutely not. 

Let's see:

sPvP: Loose until you're done.

WvW: Kill a random veteran creature that wouldn't even qualify as an event in OW until you're done.

There is no challenge here, at least nothing that's specific to the mode of acquisition. Like it or not but unlike sPvP OW events actually require you to succeed and the minimum of what you have to deal with for WvW participation is a joke even by OW standards.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

Let's see:

sPvP: Loose until you're done.

WvW: Kill a random veteran creature that wouldn't even qualify as an event in OW until you're done.

There is no challenge here, at least nothing that's specific to the mode of acquisition. Like it or not but unlike sPvP OW events actually require you to succeed and the minimum of what you have to deal with for WvW participation is a joke even by OW standards.

I am pretty sure that nobody does it the way you describe it. So I can’t take that seriously. But sure, auto attacking the Svanir Shaman with 50 other players is a huge challenge. Definitely deserves a legendary armor. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Captain Kuro.8937 said:

Something that links other things from different expansions

Edit - Also accounts that actively  play Raids  atm , they get a "special channel" .

So other people can't come to  their groups and they can't join others for 1-2 months  , to avoid scenarios  like when Strikes where released .

Or if they try Normal mode (for any reason , to do anything) , they cant get the rewards from Hardmode .

GW2-pc install client could offer stealth 16digitcode , that can be used as facecamera  to enforce things

So you want ANet to install literal spyware onto everyone's PC again?

35 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

I am pretty sure that nobody does it the way you describe it. So I can’t take that seriously.

If "nobody does it" then we wouldn't have threads in the respective subforums complaining about stuff like "AFK players in sPvP" so you're really just dismissive for the sake of it here unless you also want to argue that all those people are just lying and it never actually happens.

35 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

But sure, auto attacking the Svanir Shaman with 50 other players is a huge challenge. Definitely deserves a legendary armor. 

Completely irrelevant as my point was:

1 hour ago, Tails.9372 said:

A 50 man WvW zerg can also faceroll pretty much everything that isn't another zerg by "spamming 1" but soloing a camp takes still significantly less effort than soloing a meta event / WB. You have yet to show how anything these two modes require is actually "more challenging" to get than what the OW content has to offer so it looks like that at this point you're just trying to deflect here.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Ascended for fractals: Obvious.  Agony infusions slot for AR.
Ascended in WvW: 5% edge over someone in full exotics.
Ascended in Raids: 5% edge over someone else in full exotics

This 5% edge is total stats, so it's between someone in full ascended vs someone in full exotics.  If, say, a person with exotic armor but full ascended weapons and trinkets came along, the difference is now negligible outside of fractals.

Thanks for that. 

Still, 5% is your edge ONLY if you're comparing people with the same build and the same skill. I'm running around in WvW with full ascended gear but I'm sure that someone in exotic gear that's good at PvP can kick my behind any day.

Just now, Gehenna.3625 said:

Thanks for that. 

Still, 5% is your edge ONLY if you're comparing people with the same build and the same skill. I'm running around in WvW with full ascended gear but I'm sure that someone in exotic gear that's good at PvP can kick my behind any day.

See, that's the thing; this gap closes with the more ascended gear you get.  Trinkets (Backpack, earrings, rings, amulet) are easy enough to get and so are weapons, too an extent.  Armor accounts for the least amount of attributes out of the whole thing and is really only useful for fractals.