Drizzlewood Snipers — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Living World

Drizzlewood Snipers

Can we get the Propaganda Balloons to drop leaflets at the end of the meta telling those pesky snipers that they lost and can go home?

Comments

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Too bad I am short 3 of the Mastery Points needed for stealth. and likely never going to have them.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @LucianDK.8615 said:
    the new mount stealth ability is a godsend to deal with snipers.

    Five seconds of stealth on a 40 second CD don't mean much when there are snipers targetting you in 3 second intervals nearly all the time.

    On a skyscale its very useful, and letting you dash through a field of fire.
    And its 8s on 30s cd now

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I find mechanics like this really add to the immersion. Do I enjoy getting sniped? No, but it makes the danger of being in a war zone feel more real. Sure, we may take a zone but that doesn't mean we flushed out all the snipers.

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Katreyn.4218 said:
    I feel like they should probably at least go away after successful north meta. Some little bit of reprieve while chest hunting would be nice.

    But really they are just a nuisance (unless they snipe you when you are doing an escort or event and your hp is low lol).

    This is a good suggestion though it is weirdly entertaining when a player near you gets shot off thier skyscale on the way to the next cache. I know, it's messed up that I find that funny.

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • ShadowCatz.8437ShadowCatz.8437 Member ✭✭✭

    @Braynz.2906 said:
    Can we get the Propaganda Balloons to drop leaflets at the end of the meta telling those pesky snipers that they lost and can go home?

    I'd rather get a massive 'chopter that take out all snipers at once or give us next Mastery...mass extinction of snips.... ;-) Those pesky NPCs that can target one several Kilometre away...since when did Dominion get super power sight?

  • Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Super Hayes.6890 said:
    I find mechanics like this really add to the immersion. Do I enjoy getting sniped? No, but it makes the danger of being in a war zone feel more real. Sure, we may take a zone but that doesn't mean we flushed out all the snipers.

    Their ratio of snipers to troops is ridiculous. It is only there as an annoyance. After a successful map I can understand 1 or 2 snipes in each zone, but other than that it's just a easy way to grief players for no real reason.

  • Infusion.7149Infusion.7149 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's obviously to get PvE-only players ready for the deadeye snipers in WvW. /s

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Blude.6812 said:

    @Super Hayes.6890 said:
    I find mechanics like this really add to the immersion. Do I enjoy getting sniped? No, but it makes the danger of being in a war zone feel more real. Sure, we may take a zone but that doesn't mean we flushed out all the snipers.

    Their ratio of snipers to troops is ridiculous. It is only there as an annoyance. After a successful map I can understand 1 or 2 snipes in each zone, but other than that it's just a easy way to grief players for no real reason.

    Fair enough, there are a lot of them.

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • voltaicbore.8012voltaicbore.8012 Member ✭✭✭

    @Blude.6812 said:

    Their ratio of snipers to troops is ridiculous. It is only there as an annoyance. After a successful map I can understand 1 or 2 snipes in each zone, but other than that it's just a easy way to grief players for no real reason.

    Fully agree. I'm also the kind of player that enjoys a sense of danger when walking into hostile territory, but their concentration in cleared maps is just dumb. Also their proximity to some friendly NPCs who sit 3 feet away and do nothing about them is also dumb.

  • Guardian mains:

    "What are we talking about?"

    block

    "What snipers?"

  • Tuna Bandit.3786Tuna Bandit.3786 Member ✭✭✭

    The solution:
    Use a deadeye (or other class with massive stealth)
    Stealth yourself for an as long as possible duration.
    Mount up. (stealth is NOT canceled when mounting)
    Enjoy the freedom, keep an eye on stealth icon... land and redo if needed.

    You give us OP snipers?
    I give you a solution against these trolls

  • Zacchary.6183Zacchary.6183 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tuna Bandit.3786 said:
    The solution:
    Use a deadeye (or other class with massive stealth)

    I land and kill. They are squishy.

    Steady Sniper Deadeye
    Thief GS - Dark Knight

  • Jilora.9524Jilora.9524 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6, 2020

    If they target u dodge remove it. If they hit you while mounted it doesn't matter. If they ever hit you in 2 seconds you are back out of combat because they are too far away. I mean if you are panicking just because you get targeted get over it.

    WvW band wagoners ruin the game mode just like Karen's ruin these forums.

  • battledrone.8315battledrone.8315 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tuna Bandit.3786 said:
    The solution:
    Use a deadeye (or other class with massive stealth)
    Stealth yourself for an as long as possible duration.
    Mount up. (stealth is NOT canceled when mounting)
    Enjoy the freedom, keep an eye on stealth icon... land and redo if needed.

    You give us OP snipers?
    I give you a solution against these trolls

    so, its a map for just ONE class. brilliant design.

  • Mount stealth is helpful. If on a skyscale, barrel roll will dodge it as well. Not sure if you need the jackal mastered all the way for it to be effective (shares evasion with all mounts) because I do have all of my PoF masteries.

  • sitarskee.5738sitarskee.5738 Member ✭✭✭

    I was wondering if those snipers actually do anything because I keep seeing the thing when they're zooming at you but they never kill me.

  • Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sitarskee.5738 said:
    I was wondering if those snipers actually do anything because I keep seeing the thing when they're zooming at you but they never kill me.

    They shoot you for 3k.
    That's about half of my Skyscale's HP.

  • MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You can use stealth and mount evade to avoid them easily.

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rauderi.8706 said:

    @Super Hayes.6890 said:
    I find mechanics like this really add to the immersion. Do I enjoy getting sniped? No, but it makes the danger of being in a war zone feel more real. Sure, we may take a zone but that doesn't mean we flushed out all the snipers.

    I appreciate the snipers a lot more than the Range 50000 Ballistas at the ice fort. :p

    I do feel like clearing a zone should clear snipers, if only as a reward for actually claiming the zones. But overall, I don't actually mind the snipers. If I get mad at them enough, I pounce it with my mount, trash it, and feel good no one else has to deal with it for a little while. :)

    You are soooo right. Killing them always feels extra special!

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2020

    @Ubi.4136 said:
    The snipers don't add anything to the map. It literally is just a harassment mechanic, which is very poorly designed and annoys players. It's like the knights in Bloodstone Fen that had like 5k range on a dismount attack. It doesn't add "flavor" or difficulty, it's just annoying. Hopefully Anet will notice that and make changes like they did for Bloodstone.

    It's there so the PvE players can get that real "WvW lite" experience with Deadeyes being a pain in the kitten kitten.

    (Yes, I just wrote it kitten kitten, we already know it would have converted what we all know I wanted to say)

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @sitarskee.5738 said:
    I was wondering if those snipers actually do anything because I keep seeing the thing when they're zooming at you but they never kill me.

    They shoot you for 3k.
    That's about half of my Skyscale's HP.

    Which is totally not aggravating game design right? That thing you ground out for weeks at the end of the last LS season? That thing that you all loved? We made a map where it is nearly 100% useless.

    Buy Gems! /s

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kylden Ar.3724 said:

    @Ubi.4136 said:
    The snipers don't add anything to the map. It literally is just a harassment mechanic, which is very poorly designed and annoys players. It's like the knights in Bloodstone Fen that had like 5k range on a dismount attack. It doesn't add "flavor" or difficulty, it's just annoying. Hopefully Anet will notice that and make changes like they did for Bloodstone.

    It's there so the PvE players can get that real "WvW lite" experience with Deadeyes being a pain in the kitten kitten.

    (Yes, I just wrote it kitten kitten, we already know it would have converted what we all know I wanted to say)

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @sitarskee.5738 said:
    I was wondering if those snipers actually do anything because I keep seeing the thing when they're zooming at you but they never kill me.

    They shoot you for 3k.
    That's about half of my Skyscale's HP.

    Which is totally not aggravating game design right? That thing you ground out for weeks at the end of the last LS season? That thing that you all loved? We made a map where it is nearly 100% useless.

    Buy Gems! /s

    Skyscale is not useless. Im getting around just fine. You need to learn to use the Dash properly, combined with the mount stamina refilling ability. Dashing makes you evade all attacks during the dash. Plus we have recieved the mount stealth power, 8s on 30s cd.

  • battledrone.8315battledrone.8315 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LucianDK.8615 said:

    @Kylden Ar.3724 said:

    @Ubi.4136 said:
    The snipers don't add anything to the map. It literally is just a harassment mechanic, which is very poorly designed and annoys players. It's like the knights in Bloodstone Fen that had like 5k range on a dismount attack. It doesn't add "flavor" or difficulty, it's just annoying. Hopefully Anet will notice that and make changes like they did for Bloodstone.

    It's there so the PvE players can get that real "WvW lite" experience with Deadeyes being a pain in the kitten kitten.

    (Yes, I just wrote it kitten kitten, we already know it would have converted what we all know I wanted to say)

    @Fueki.4753 said:

    @sitarskee.5738 said:
    I was wondering if those snipers actually do anything because I keep seeing the thing when they're zooming at you but they never kill me.

    They shoot you for 3k.
    That's about half of my Skyscale's HP.

    Which is totally not aggravating game design right? That thing you ground out for weeks at the end of the last LS season? That thing that you all loved? We made a map where it is nearly 100% useless.

    Buy Gems! /s

    Skyscale is not useless. Im getting around just fine. You need to learn to use the Dash properly, combined with the mount stamina refilling ability. Dashing makes you evade all attacks during the dash. Plus we have recieved the mount stealth power, 8s on 30s cd.

    brilliant design, you have to grind (or pay) , to avoid mobs
    i totally havent seen that before, and i predict a bright future for this way of doing things

  • Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Snipers are only there to scare you. Only 1 can target you at a time, and if they do manage to hit you, you can't be targeted again for ~10 seconds, which is long enough to drop combat and fully regen, meaning they can't even kill you if you're AFK.

  • Kulvar.1239Kulvar.1239 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ubi.4136 said:
    The snipers don't add anything to the map. It literally is just a harassment mechanic, which is very poorly designed and annoys players. It's like the knights in Bloodstone Fen that had like 5k range on a dismount attack. It doesn't add "flavor" or difficulty, it's just annoying. Hopefully Anet will notice that and make changes like they did for Bloodstone.

    The snipers are a necessity IMO. You shouldn't be safe anywhere it pleases you for having a Skyscale.

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Kulvar.1239 said:

    @Ubi.4136 said:
    The snipers don't add anything to the map. It literally is just a harassment mechanic, which is very poorly designed and annoys players. It's like the knights in Bloodstone Fen that had like 5k range on a dismount attack. It doesn't add "flavor" or difficulty, it's just annoying. Hopefully Anet will notice that and make changes like they did for Bloodstone.

    The snipers are a necessity IMO. You shouldn't be safe anywhere it pleases you for having a Skyscale.

    But the skyscale is the pause button I have so desperately desired. Now I can go pee without dying!

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Zok.4956Zok.4956 Member ✭✭✭

    @Super Hayes.6890 said:

    @Kulvar.1239 said:

    @Ubi.4136 said:
    The snipers don't add anything to the map. It literally is just a harassment mechanic, which is very poorly designed and annoys players. It's like the knights in Bloodstone Fen that had like 5k range on a dismount attack. It doesn't add "flavor" or difficulty, it's just annoying. Hopefully Anet will notice that and make changes like they did for Bloodstone.

    The snipers are a necessity IMO. You shouldn't be safe anywhere it pleases you for having a Skyscale.

    But the skyscale is the pause button I have so desperately desired. Now I can go pee without dying!

    Don't pee and fly. :)

    https://www.gw2gh.com/ - A GW2-Guild-Hall.
    Register and check your guild leaderboard to see who is the best in your guild and who finished achievements first.

  • Super Hayes.6890Super Hayes.6890 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Don't pee and fly. :)

    Great advice lol. Though that would be a great way to pay my respects to those snipers...

    The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

  • Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zok.4956 said:
    Don't pee and fly. :)

    If you do, make sure an Asura is under you. :3

    Many alts! Handle it!

    "A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

  • Nazarick.9653Nazarick.9653 Member ✭✭
    edited September 13, 2020

    It's stupid to place skyscale rifts anywhere near them...they really are just trying to annoy us. Especially when there's 1000 elites by the fortress rift, that doesn't show you where to go.
    (I managed to get it with difficulty, but I dunno how the hell I'm going to get the rift by the bunny farm in the Desert Highlands)

  • Hesione.9412Hesione.9412 Member ✭✭✭

    @Nazarick.9653 said:
    It's stupid to place skyscale rifts anywhere near them...they really are just trying to annoy us. Especially when there's 1000 elites by the fortress rift, that doesn't show you where to go.
    (I managed to get it with difficulty, but I dunno how the hell I'm going to get the rift by the bunny farm in the Desert Highlands)

    I massacred a bunch of the harpies before I did it, after they got me when I tried for the first time.

  • ASP.8093ASP.8093 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 14, 2020
    • It takes two sniper shots to drop a Skyscale.
    • Skyscale will regen like all its hp in 5 seconds if you're out of combat.
    • Skyscale's got two dodge bar segments, just like a player.
    • Icebrood mastery gives everyone you 8 sec mounted stealth.
    • Season 4 masteries let you use your own hp to buffer any mount damage, and dodge for days.
    • While Drizzlewood Coast only has two waypoints, the map mechanic lets you quickly teleport to any blue-controlled sub-zone.
    • The Snipers are normal enemies with like 10k-15k hp and no defensive abilities, so once you engage them they go down in a few hits.
    • Griffon goes ZOOM.

    I think it's pretty fair as-is. Worst case you're having to kill like 5 squishy mobs while cruising around the map to do the Tengu rock collection or whatever.

  • Wish my DE had their range