WVW stale Minstril blobs Everywhere!

xan.8549

Idk about u guys but ALL these blobs are minstrils and the pace of battle is unbelivably slow and boring, the game was more fun when we had damage. The current meta reminds me of when Overwatch meta shifted to 6 tanks in thier Esports league and thier viewership plummeted. I know this is about to get ripped apart by 4-5 pages of snowflakes who dont want anything to happen to thier 50 man map que cc spam no brains perma protection heal to full every second ELITE gameplay but anyway. Just a thought. Oh and everyone be sure to post ur roaming videos of u one shotting literal bots in blue and greens to dispute my stance, that will definately help the discussion.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@xan.8549 said:Idk about u guys but ALL these blobs are minstrils and the pace of battle is unbelivably slow and boring, the game was more fun when we had damage. The current meta reminds me of when Overwatch meta shifted to 6 tanks in thier Esports league and thier viewership plummeted. I know this is about to get ripped apart by 4-5 pages of snowflakes who dont want anything to happen to thier 50 man map que cc spam no brains perma protection heal to full every second ELITE gameplay but anyway. Just a thought. Oh and everyone be sure to post ur roaming videos of u one shotting literal bots in blue and greens to dispute my stance, that will definately help the discussion.

I agree and other do as well but there's two sides. We like the higher damage meta while the other side likes the tank meta, they won.

You put more damage in they'll just stack more support...When we had high aoe damage and corruption people complained because they are too lazy/dumb to not run around in bombs.Super stacking support is what breaks combat, but more people prefer to run around safely in their pocket ball wherever they feel like while not worrying about not having 100% uptime on their boons.I wonder why people get bored!

4 player groups of 1 healbrand, 1 tempest, 1 purity scrapper and 1 renegade/condi rev are quite common these days. Guess it's tryhard weeks for some time now.

But it's your fault if you die to them. It gets annoying when they start to flip stuff and you have to defend structures with 3 guys on pve builds on your side. These do even lose to that comp.

@xan.8549 said:Idk about u guys but ALL these blobs are minstrils and the pace of battle is unbelivably slow and boring, the game was more fun when we had damage. The current meta reminds me of when Overwatch meta shifted to 6 tanks in thier Esports league and thier viewership plummeted. I know this is about to get ripped apart by 4-5 pages of snowflakes who dont want anything to happen to thier 50 man map que cc spam no brains perma protection heal to full every second ELITE gameplay but anyway. Just a thought. Oh and everyone be sure to post ur roaming videos of u one shotting literal bots in blue and greens to dispute my stance, that will definately help the discussion.

Welcome to a fun and engaging game mode. If it's not try hards it's meme builds. Get used to it or give up caring.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Super stacking support is what breaks combat, but more people prefer to run around safely in their pocket ball

In general I agree with what you posted, but remove the word support from this sentence.What breaks combat is exploiting the AoE cap, sharing out damage to each other in a big clump.If damage were high enough, there'd be a point where stacking was discouraged.

there have been nearly 100 players from various servers with over 3000 kills this week... (in EU, and i personally first time reached over 4000) you only need to play effective compositions. ofc u will feel useless against bulky comps, but firebrands die really fast in coordinated bombs, even with full ascended minstrel gear.

"stacking people" destroys nothing, the mode Wvw is just about larger scale. u can literally farm 45-50 under the right setup really chill with roughly 20 ppl, as long as most are sorta meta built.

also the boonballs are not excuse, since there's scourges that can corrupt boons, and spellbreaker-scrapper-mesmers can strip.

man, some people even play condi in zergsize, while condicleanse is the easiest thing to handle at big groupsize.

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:

"stacking people" destroys nothing, the mode Wvw is just about larger scale

Large scale isn't the correct term, 80 people standing inside each other is a type of large scale combat.But, it is NOT the only type.And it's a weird one to encourage in my opinion, considering the game engine's limitations.

Issues are because there is so much boon removal, burst damage and sustain on low cooldown.

If things stay low cooldown as it is, there are only 2 different metas that are bad:

• High damage: Old meta, everything gets 1 shot, fights get decided in 2 seconds. Promotes solo plays such as ganking and flanking as you have enough damage by yourselves to down people. If everyone is skilled, fights are decided in 1 stealth bomb, almost no adaptation skill required as all you need is 1 rotation.

• Low damage: Current meta, more skillful as above as you might go through multiple skill rotations but it means players bombing alone are usually useless against any group that has minstrel firebrand or scrapper or both, which makes it boring in a way as any youtube montages and solo roaming are dead.

What actually is the problem: Abundance of low cooldown skills and superspeed upkeep. If you would have short cooldown classes that don't have massively impactful skills, such as old warrior, splitted with classes that have long cooldowns on impactful skills such as meteor showers and well bombs, the meta would be more diverse. But now every Scourge, Spellbreaker, Herald, Scrapper, Firebrand, DPS guardian have massive bombs and support of chaining 3 impactful skills on 10 second cooldown.

So following things should be done:

• Reduce damage, healing, cleanse, boon application and boon removal or increase cooldown of short cooldown skills.
  • Make bombs that can crack melee ~30 second cooldown again. Make one of revenant hammer skills 2 or 3 longer cooldown (20s?) with bigger damage so they can participate in that bomb.
  • Reduce movement speed, either superspeed potency should be tuned down to 66% or AoE upkeep of it should be tuned down. Scrapper can have a trait that increases superspeed durations or potency on themselves to stay standing out in the meta as the fastest class.
  • Increase damage of melee auto attacks and short range single target skills so roaming specs like ranger, mesmer, holo and thief feel like they do damage 1v1 again.
  • Reduce effectiveness of concentration stat from 1% boon duration per 15 to 1% boon duration per 21 concentration .

I believe tuning down superspeed would affect the frequency of engaging as well so it would also solve the biggest problem blob meta has: running at things nonstop.

@"God.2708" said:I kill blobs remarkably quickly. Perhaps you are doing something wrong? Do you have any videos of these unkillable blobs to serve as an example?Well you're just unfair to compare with. We dont expect God to die to a zerg so easily.

IMO minstrels has a tendancy to "self balance" with lack of damage. For the zerg overall its rather the obscene amount of stab that make them immune to CC and the amount of projectile immunity that allow them to run around without suffering much from harassers.

Then again 4 stat gear was a horrible idea to begin with so I wouldnt be sad if it got adjusted.

I think the biggest problem is being designed as an action game which translates to skill dumping because everything has to be fast and furious, which means low cooldowns, little to no energy costs due to no true mana mechanic, and frantic button mashing.

The difference between gameplay when you just faceroll your skills and when you use a proper rotation is minimal, because even if you seriously mess it up, you just have to run away a bit and let your skills recharge in 10-20sec.

Mechanics like Stealth and Superspeed that allow you to disengage make this even easier.

For this game to favor skill in competitive modes cooldowns need to be alot longer; bad skill use needs to have risks. Even CC in this game is a joke, no matter how much players complain about it. In most other games if you mess up and get stunned its for like 15sec not 1sec. and if your skills get put on cooldown by being interrupted its a minimum of half the cooldown not just 5sec.

This feels good in PvE but its generally bad for PvP.

But this is what we get when everyone wanted "Quakecraft" as the Guild Wars design aesthetic. At least they nerfed the Quad Damage powerup, I mean Dragon Banner. so you can't use it away from forts.

@"xan.8549" said:Idk about u guys but ALL these blobs are minstrils and the pace of battle is unbelivably slow and boring, the game was more fun when we had damage. The current meta reminds me of when Overwatch meta shifted to 6 tanks in thier Esports league and thier viewership plummeted. I know this is about to get ripped apart by 4-5 pages of snowflakes who dont want anything to happen to thier 50 man map que cc spam no brains perma protection heal to full every second ELITE gameplay but anyway. Just a thought. Oh and everyone be sure to post ur roaming videos of u one shotting literal bots in blue and greens to dispute my stance, that will definately help the discussion..It's slow because everyone in a three way battle is "maneuvering" to be the bread in the sandwich. And all this maneuvering is just one big dance, and we're just twirling around in circles going nowhere fast.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:

@"xan.8549" said:Idk about u guys but ALL these blobs are minstrils and the pace of battle is unbelivably slow and boring, the game was more fun when we had damage. The current meta reminds me of when Overwatch meta shifted to 6 tanks in thier Esports league and thier viewership plummeted. I know this is about to get ripped apart by 4-5 pages of snowflakes who dont want anything to happen to thier 50 man map que cc spam no brains perma protection heal to full every second ELITE gameplay but anyway. Just a thought. Oh and everyone be sure to post ur roaming videos of u one shotting literal bots in blue and greens to dispute my stance, that will definately help the discussion..It's slow because everyone in a three way battle is "maneuvering" to be the bread in the sandwich. And all this maneuvering is just one big dance, and we're just twirling around in circles going nowhere fast.

It's never been uncommon for the "organized" people to only fight a few times per raid.It's a dirty secret.

If you are fighting a heavy sustain group, then deal with them. Strip them, cc them, stun-lock them. My god, chrono grav wells are all the rave these days, don'tcha know! I hear that damn sound in my sleep now :s There are ways to deal with heavy sustain groups rather than calling for the heads of sustain classes, gears, and builds. Use your skills, other than the #1 and W keys.

It's not the Minstrils, it's the Boons. There's not enough boon hate and too many reflects, blocks, and retal.

@LadyHawk.5319 said:If you are fighting a heavy sustain group, then deal with them. Strip them, cc them, stun-lock them. My god, chrono grav wells are all the rave these days, don'tcha know! I hear that kitten sound in my sleep now :s There are ways to deal with heavy sustain groups rather than calling for the heads of sustain classes, gears, and builds. Use your skills, other than the #1 and W keys.

There is just not enough boon hate for zerg fights..do you get it or not?