Red Steamed Dumplings

Vavume.8065

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The festival is only a few hours old and this achievement is brand new. Give it a few days (ideally wait until after the weekend) and the price will drop dramatically.

Edit: To clarify - because the achievement is new and the dumplings had no additional uses in previous years there was no reason for anyone to stockpile them so the only ones being sold are ones people have gotten as drops in the last few hours. Because it's only been a few hours that's not many relative to the demand for them (probably thousands, or hundreds of thousands have dropped, but still not many compared to demand). Add to that the fact that some people will be trying to complete this achievement as far as possible and won't care what it costs.

So right now we've got unusually high demand and unusually low supply.

Wait a few days and the 'OMG must get it now' crowd will have gotten theirs and moved on to the next thing, reducing demand. More dumplings will have dropped too - increasing the supply. Wait long enough and even some of those who are just using their own drops will have completed it and will start selling extras, further increasing the supply.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:If they would've included all the foods, that would at least make some sense.

Or have an NPC that trades the foods. It'll work as a sink for all the others:

• Trade rice balls and dumplings for the rare foods. Something like 25...50 for 1 rare food.
  • Trade the rare foods for each other at a 3:2 ratio. Give 15, they give you 10.

@Vavume.8065 said:400g+ for 25 Ap, such a fun festival... who even thought this was a good idea? not even a recipe available for us to make them ourselves so we are forced to buy them from the TP and be fodder to the TP barons, thanks Anet...

Ahh sure make then 10s each so im done with this in a day and then i quit the gane coz no incentive to keep playing.

@"Malediktus.9250" said:You are not wrong, but the price for these will go down quite a bit once all the "I must have everything on patchday" people are done with itit is not like legendary armors which will stay relatively stable in price over long time periodsThere was enough of them on TP before today to let around 50 people finish that achievement. And that was probably a result of at least 2-3 years of lunar festival. At the current droprate it requires around 10-15 people opening all envelopes from dailies/merchants for the whole festival to let one person complete one tier of that achievement. I don't think the price will go down anytime soon.

Seems completely out of proportions compared to the other Drooburt's achieves (and in general, out of proportion to all of the other recent festival achieves as well).

I have to agree with Ze Dos Cavalos here. It doesn't seem to be about fun anymore, but rather about gouging players more and more.

@Fleabite.7528 said:Unless my RNG sucked tonight they've made the drop rate rare. I opened around 50 envelopes with not one red steamed dumpling.

500 are needed for the 25 AP. Present AH price? About 80 silver each. 400 gold total.

So it would seem to be a deliberate and cynical gold sink. Lucky us.

Can't call it a gold sink. Gold transfer is correct. You can't buy them from a vendor, after all... just other players.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:I played the festival every year, never used or sold a dumpling. I have just over 50. It would take me several more years of just using my own drops to get to 100 once. Seems a little excessive, especially compared to Drooburt's demands at the other festivals.

Yep, the drop rate seems to be crazy low. Have not got one yet, and I've opened 30 of the big envelopes and over 30 small ones. Either Drooburt needs to be adjusted, or the drop rate needs to be stepped WAY UP.

Archived