Re-enable PvP badges in WvW

Malfrador.3615

The ranked PvP badges were removed because they added more visual clutter to WvW. As we now have simple nameplates in WvW as well as thick health bars, visual clutter of the nameplates is no longer a problem (there are other things like too many skill effects, but nameplates don't fix this issue).

The nameplates were a nice way of showing of your PvP skills in roaming and fights in general and were also some sort of status symbol for other players. I would even say that some people played more ranked games for the badge and not the other rewards.Showing the badges in PvE is really useless as most PvE people don't care about your PvP rank. WvW people are more likely to care about these things, so give us a way to show our rank.

Adding a setting for this in the options would be nice of course, but it should also be fine if its always on and just shows next to the guild tag one the simple nameplate.

oh yes please! more roamers underestimating me, not just for build choice but also for lack of badge as i dont pvp :)

i would prefer WvW badges, with repeatable achivements depending on what badgetype you are going for.for example you option for a roamer badge than you will have an achievement unlocked that will count stomps without dying and you will advance in tiers, get rewards etc. if you have selected damage dealer it will count the amount of damage done/boons corrupted within 1 combat period, a supporter the same with heals / cleanses /boons.with that you would see who in your zerg is able to play his role properly and as a roamer you would see who is winning the majority of his fights and might be a decent opponent.but ofc we can also just show badges from other mode, because they are so relevant for WvW

@MUDse.7623 said:oh yes please! more roamers underestimating me, not just for build choice but also for lack of badge as i dont pvp :)

i would prefer WvW badges, with repeatable achivements depending on what badgetype you are going for.for example you option for a roamer badge than you will have an achievement unlocked that will count stomps without dying and you will advance in tiers, get rewards etc. if you have selected damage dealer it will count the amount of damage done/boons corrupted within 1 combat period, a supporter the same with heals / cleanses /boons.with that you would see who in your zerg is able to play his role properly and as a roamer you would see who is winning the majority of his fights and might be a decent opponent.but ofc we can also just show badges from other mode, because they are so relevant for WvW

this would be great idea but, anet caters and favors pve side of gw2.. soo i wouldnt dream of it...

@Malfrador.3615 said:The ranked PvP badges were removed because they added more visual clutter to WvW. As we now have simple nameplates in WvW as well as thick health bars, visual clutter of the nameplates is no longer a problem (there are other things like too many skill effects, but nameplates don't fix this issue).

The nameplates were a nice way of showing of your PvP skills in roaming and fights in general and were also some sort of status symbol for other players. I would even say that some people played more ranked games for the badge and not the other rewards.Showing the badges in PvE is really useless as most PvE people don't care about your PvP rank. WvW people are more likely to care about these things, so give us a way to show our rank.

Adding a setting for this in the options would be nice of course, but it should also be fine if its always on and just shows next to the guild tag one the simple nameplate.

I don't care about your pvp rank and as I don't use simple nameplates I don't want the extra unnecessary clutter about a game mode I don't play any more or care about.

Yea, no...I'm all for the allies seeing it but WvW was boring as hell as a roamer running around as "Mithril Knight" rocking a Platinum/Gold badge - Just about everyone would port away before you even got close.

Now I'm even higher ranked with WvW and PvP legendaries equipped...

So a no from me, players already get demoralized from a fight just based on class and wardrobes, the only thing a high WxP rank has going for me now is that everyone jumps on me like I'm some sort of zergling and that's only if I have my PvP legendary hidden.

I would honestly prefer badges to go with WxP ranks and show those in WvW rather than showing PvP badges in WvW.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Players in WvW should not be getting pvp badges, NOT even in a reward track!!!

If u want easy pvp badges go do some pvp and queue, dont expect to not do pvp while getting its rewards.... !!!

No one asked to earn pvp badges in wvw.OP asked to display pvp badges in wvw.The rest of us said get out of here we don't want your stinkin badges. Give wvw their own badges.

Archived