Living world Episode 5

orion.8457

Episode 4 was released almost 3 months ago. I didn't hear anything about episode 5, will we get an episode during this month? Arena dont share any information about it, not even a reference (they did have several occasions to do it the last 2 weeks) do you think it will be postponed ?

Something can only be postponed if there is a date when it is scheduled to happen. As you said yourself, ANet did not share any information about the release date, like always. Wintersday is a regular and completely forseeable event in december, it seems extemely unlikely that ANet first scheduled the episode for release in december and then suddenly realized "Oh, but there is already winterday in that month, we have to postpone the episode".....

@orion.8457 said:Episode 4 was released almost 3 months ago. I didn't hear anything about episode 5, will we get an episode during this month? Arena dont share any information about it, not even a reference (they did have several occasions to do it the last 2 weeks) do you think it will be postponed ?

I think half of employee on vacation this time of year no?? LolI hope to see good update after new year.. :)

@orion.8457 said:Episode 4 was released almost 3 months ago. I didn't hear anything about episode 5, will we get an episode during this month? Arena dont share any information about it, not even a reference (they did have several occasions to do it the last 2 weeks) do you think it will be postponed ?

3 months will pass in 2 weeks (on Dec. 18).

If there is a delay they will inform tomorrow, or they will release the trailer (also tomorrow), which is unlikely because of Wintersday that starts tomorrow and the Roller Beetle Racing, and they probably want to grab the biggest attention to that event, because they invested in it a lot of money.

So the next episode will most likely be delayed until January.

Also they gave a small LS release: we made a contact with Caithe that hints the next map's location. And what will be our next focus- finding out more about Glint plans, because we know very little about them.

I guess they just want to keep us busy, and they will release the episode shortly after the Wintersday ends.

And I'd be surprised if they'd release the next episode within the cadence, which is unlikely, but who knows.

I think quite a few of us are not expectin it until January due to the seasonal holiday events.

I'm ok with this personally as it gives the team more time to flesh out and develop the new living world content while we get to enjoy the annual festivals as a distraction.Having it drop in the middle of Wintersday would just split peoples attention as they may want to play the festival content but fear that if they put off the new story it may get spoiled for them.. likewise if they play the story and new content instead they miss out on a seasonal event that wont happen for another year.

Just makes sense to wait and drop it asap after Wintersday ends.

Well guys.. to be realistic.. it's end of year ? most ppl have family and most ppl take vacation the end of year to spend time with family, preparing for the festive season and so on :)
Put the work behind all and lift the pressure! Enjoy your holiday. we will get the ep 5 soon ? just be a little bit more patience

We have an indication that they strife to release an episode within 3 months, but its never a guarantee.Its only happened once that it got over 3 months after it was announced (i think it was the 2nd ep. of this season)And they released once during halloween, so whose to say they wont release, or announce, in the last week of wintersday.Since we’re tight on the 3 months, its quite realistic to assume that they’ll give us the trailer in the last week, and swap wintersday for episode 5.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:We have an indication that they strife to release an episode within 3 months, but its never a guarantee.Its only happened once that it got over 3 months after it was announced (i think it was the 2nd ep. of this season)And they released once during halloween, so whose to say they wont release, or announce, in the last week of wintersday.Since we’re tight on the 3 months, its quite realistic to assume that they’ll give us the trailer in the last week, and swap wintersday for episode 5.

Negative.

Even without the announce, we already figured out by ourselves that it wouldn't have been released this year...I can't say I'm happy with the decision, but there's nothing to do about.I just hope it'll be released early on January, 8th or 15th are my bet since it should be ready by now and just waiting to be delivered/minor fixes.

Archived