Warclaw brought queues -- full of people who don't want to play

Ni In.6578

As we suspected, Warclaw brought the queues. Daytime NA queues are surprisingly high. It also brought people who don't want to play. Tag on EBG, for instance, has decided not to defend EBG keep more than once (or any other objective for that matter). Even watching the other side and then simply turning the other way to go attempt to cap a camp.

If ANet's vision was a revitalized game mode, looks like they got people who simply don't want to play and are outright causing harm to this game mode.

Thanks, ANet.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately the collection is encouraging EoTM style behaviour - avoid the enemy and ktrain. There is no requirement to defend anything. Once the initial rush to get the mount is over this should quiet down - which I expect to be in a day or so at most because the requirements are very easy. Anyone needing tickets or one (lol) mastery point to unlock the mount to show off in pve should do so in the next day or so or they might have to join people actually wanting to fight :open_mouth:Poor design.

I saw a lot of people having fun, if only because it was a short-term change of pace.

The only people who were complaining were folks such as yourself, insisting that the Warclaw unlock is bringing too many unfettered masses to the shores.

Regardless, this will only last 1-2 weeks, as it's not that hard to unlock. Then folks can get back to complaining about match-ups, about OP'd classes, and probably the warclaw's functionality.

Like I said a week ago or soThis will not promote WvW at all!And just by looking at the chat you can see how some people don't give a damn about WvW they just want the mountWhat a surprise... =\I also love the spam and trash talk towards dedicated players who actually want to play the gameWhat did we do to deserve this kind of treatment?!

The worst part about it they brought it with extra xwp and I like and many others can't milk it for our own benefitbecause either the queues are full, or you crash because...well...you know...some things will never be fixed.But if they truly wanted to promote WvW they could've done this after adding more maps at leastI love the VIP area I really do. but its not helping with this situation.

P.S: I'm not generalizing the whole PvE population as I do PvE as well, so before you assault me with your keyboard read my comment again

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I saw a lot of people having fun, if only because it was a short-term change of pace.

The only people who were complaining were folks such as yourself, insisting that the Warclaw unlock is bringing too many unfettered masses to the shores.

No one said they were (or were not) having fun. They are being detrimental to the game mode, however. That is indisputable.

@Ni In.6578 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I saw a lot of people having fun, if only because it was a short-term change of pace.

No one said they were (or were not) having fun.

The thread is titled:"Warclaw brought queues -- full of people who don't want to play"That seems to be incorrect because people are playing and enjoying themselves, at least that's what I saw.

They are being detrimental to the game mode, however. That is indisputable.I do dispute that. The introduction of the warclaw was meant to be disruptive; it has been already.Whether it's beneficial to the mode or detrimental... that's something that requires more evidence than the OP has provided.

Yep it's pretty bad. EOTM has come alive again though.. roflmao. It looks like the only time I'll be playing, if I do, is during OCX time... for me that means playing after midnight my time but it's probably the only time there won't be queues of people just wanting to get the caps.

It's not beneficial when it encourages people to let Keeps and Towers be capped so other people can cap them for their Warclaw achievements.

Poorly thought out over all. I'll just wait until the queues die down since it will take me probably an hour to get what I need... like I said, OCX time here I come. As for the rest of WvW... goodbye to the good times until the PVE folks have left. Hopefully some that actually want to learn wvw will stay and learn, but I suspect that most will pillage the zones until they've got what they want then leave... I hope.

WvW is full of people who have attention span of 2 seconds and they wonder off..

WvW doesnt need players who do not belong there.... now i dont hav eto log for a whole week cus its pointless anyway with bunch of goldfish people following me around..

Actually the raging has been pretty minimal and new players have been surprisingly cooperative despite constantly being 1pushed.

That's actually better than the "real players" here, who are 60 miles from tag and that insist on bringing a ranger to a zerg fight, and thus get 0-pushed, lol.

Unfortunately, this was to be expected. I feel like wvw players are justified in their frustration though. The ques are there because brand new players are filling the map, some of which care nothing for wvw and only want the mount as fast as possible. The ques and new players make forming organized groups or guild squads much more difficult. How would pve raiders feel if wvw players suddenly took spots in their pve guild raids, while bringing non-optimal classes/builds that they dont know how to play? The only solution is to wait it out, and hope the people who dont care about wvw leave soon.

Atm people want their mounts.. getting it requires capturing things so I can see why commanders are for the moment capping and recapping and not bothering with defense.

No real reason to defend as it only stops other people from getting their mounts.

I wish I had that courtesy, earlier I was in EoTM and we had a squad of about 20-30 people and outside our safe zone was a zerg of about 70 players who were literally spawn camping us and stopping us from getting any of our progression done.The second we attempt to cap a point.. they swarmed us and zergrushed us before we could cap it.After the 5th time in a row I just left as I didn't want to waste my boosters feeding an enemy zerg who were obviously camping our spawn.

Queued for more than 2 hours and I wasn't able to enter in a single map (expect eotm of course), the gamemode filled with pve heroes who come just the mount, and a roamer like me couldn't even play the only gamemode he likes, hope tomorrow won't be this kitten again, queuing for 2 hours and still 40 mansQ.

Sorry, but with the update rate of WvW, ANY new addition will bring queues to WvW.

And ofcourse, with masses of new players come new opinions masses of "new tactics" (okay I do realise that not defending nor strategically attacking is barely a tactic, but still :p ) who have been doing other things than repeating the same rotations and same tactics for the last 3 years.

Your way of generally playing WVW, isn't the general way of playing for everyone else, especially with all these new (or returning) players. That is what is happening.

Stop it all. You're all just making a dead game mode even more dead by being hostile to new prospect players. Everyone starts somewhere. I'll bet no one in here started as a super skilled WvW player, and prob still not as good contrary to what they believe they are. There are also a lot of PvE converted people who will start enjoying WvW and start investing time and gold to be productive in the mode.

If anyone that needs to go, it's all you elitist players who think they are so good and too cool to accept newcomers or players with a different playstyle.

Instead of crying about it, make them enjoy and invest time into WvW. People who legitimitly don't care will be gone in a few days after getting their mounts. They probably don't want to be in here as much as you dont want them to be here.

I am mostly a PvE player. A bit of PvP. I dip in an out of WvW.

I've had my best WvW experience tonight, by a long way. Lots of small groups roaming, lots of activity. EoTM was really busy.

Yes, lots of new WvW players don't play like veterans, but all I saw on /map and /team was people asking for help, people giving deliberately misleading responses, people offering to give Warclaw advice for gold and people whining about PvE players. I know map chat spammers are a minority, but the only part I didn't enjoy was the salt.

People are trying it out for the first time seriously, and they're getting shot down for asking questions.

I spent my queue time in EoTM and there was a commander taking time to show people how things worked. When I got to the borderlands, it was weirdly disparate with little groups roaming and not communicating.

Archived