Latest Warclaw update

EremiteAngel.9765

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raymond, I just got stuck on my mount. Only way to resolve this was to go out of WvW. Couldn't swap weapons and could not dismount (via dying, water, or wp'ing)

Y09hbW3.jpg

Edit: also couldn't go through a portal.

Another aside, you can't fit the mount through the hills north portal.

@"Ni In.6578" said:Raymond, I just got stuck on my mount. Only way to resolve this was to go out of WvW. Couldn't swap weapons and could not dismount (via dying, water, or wp'ing)

Y09hbW3.jpg

Edit: also couldn't go through a portal.

Another aside, you can't fit the mount through the hills north portal.

Your mount cares enough about you to carry your dead body! Awww so cute!

(I have a similar screenshot. The other thing I saw last night was someone dead on their mount and it was still moving!)

@Zaraki.5784 said:This nerf was needed but now it's time to buff skill 3, 126 ability points to unlock it and all it does is wasting 1 supply for a crappy 2k dmg, really it's only worth using for the new related achi.

it does less damage to gates than you'd do if you were hitting it with your regular rotations? If so, you got a point.

In my experience most people don't even bother hitting the door/wall/whatever and just chill back while waiting for sieges to do the work. If three mounts can speed that up by, say, even just 10%, I would think players will use it.

I have a mixed opinion on the Warclaw, more play time is needed. One thing is clear: there needs to be a way to dismount riders. Riding alongside mounted enemies is ridiculous. All we do is look at each other with the unspoken truth that the first person to dismount will be at a disadvantage. Your pounce is likely to be evaded (3 dodges) and you are unlikely to be able to do enough damage to the enemy before they are a mile away. Or worse, you miss and try to dismount them and they try to engage you, forcing you to enter the fight without one of your dodges or at lower health. This should be addressed.

@PaladinVII.1647 said:I have a mixed opinion on the Warclaw, more play time is needed. One thing is clear: there needs to be a way to dismount riders. Riding alongside mounted enemies is ridiculous. All we do is look at each other with the unspoken truth that the first person to dismount will be at a disadvantage. Your pounce is likely to be evaded (3 dodges) and you are unlikely to be able to do enough damage to the enemy before they are a mile away. Or worse, you miss and try to dismount them and they try to engage you, forcing you to enter the fight without one of your dodges or at lower health. This should be addressed.

Not to mention, players can't cc mounted players, making melee completely useless against them. Range isn't any better, mounted players can easily disengage (the mount doesn't seem to slow down during combat. Needs more test, could be the leaps).

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Zaraki.5784 said:This nerf was needed but now it's time to buff skill 3, 126 ability points to unlock it and all it does is wasting 1 supply for a crappy 2k dmg, really it's only worth using for the new related achi.

You have failed to see the reasoning behind chain pull

And you have failed to explain your point, mr genius.Enlighten me.

Even with only 3 targets, I fear that this skill will keep the mounts as a MAD scenario, ultimately discouraging fights, not encouraging it.

Any group fight players are engaged in - regardless of being full zerg or just a 2v2 - that is fairly balanced with people downing and dying on both sides is totally disrupted by the mere presence of anyone on a mount. So people might ask themselves... Why even engage open field? Why not just run into a tower/keep so you can fall back if you see mounts? Its worse for the outnumbered as well and we're only talking tiny advantages that rollercoaster fights. 10v10 guild fight, you trade blows, a single enemy on a mount appears... Forget about it. Cant fight because if anyone down - heaven forbid 2 at once - you loose because you wont have time to even try and res with the mount rushing in.

If people thought cries about rallybots and griefing guild fights was bad before, oh man.

It is quite disheartening, but maybe I'm thinking too much about it. Without the downed instakill, it would just be another enemy, albeit mobile. But that you can fight.

@Zaraki.5784 said:

Enlighten me.

Crappy but can be used efficiently. In general the mount pull is not suppose to replace sieges or render siege completely useless. It's still more efficient using the supplies to build battering rams. Killing an opponents delivery yak nearby will give some supplies as well (not enough to build a ram but can be used for pull). It's also possible to move back and forth to resupply from camp with the mount, tho its not advisable or worth doing it most of the time. In short, the ability is just an improved version of PvD.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Even with only 3 targets, I fear that this skill will keep the mounts as a MAD scenario, ultimately discouraging fights, not encouraging it.

Any group fight players are engaged in - regardless of being full zerg or just a 2v2 - that is fairly balanced with people downing and dying on both sides is totally disrupted by the mere presence of anyone on a mount. So people might ask themselves... Why even engage open field? Why not just run into a tower/keep so you can fall back if you see mounts? Its worse for the outnumbered as well and we're only talking tiny advantages that rollercoaster fights. 10v10 guild fight, you trade blows, a single enemy on a mount appears... Forget about it. Cant fight because if anyone down - heaven forbid 2 at once - you loose because you wont have time to even try and res with the mount rushing in.

If people thought cries about rallybots and griefing guild fights was bad before, oh man.

It is quite disheartening, but maybe I'm thinking too much about it. Without the downed instakill, it would just be another enemy, albeit mobile. But that you can fight.

it's a start, I also hear it doesn't damage first then insta stomp, which is a nice nerf.

@Eramonster.2718 said:

Enlighten me.

Crappy but can be used efficiently. In general the mount pull is not suppose to replace sieges or render siege completely useless. It's still more efficient using the supplies to build battering rams. Killing an opponents delivery yak nearby will give some supplies as well (not enough to build a ram but can be used for pull). It's also possible to move back and forth to resupply from camp with the mount, tho its not advisable or worth doing it most of the time. In short, the ability is just an improved version of PvD.

Not enough of a reason for me, it still is useless, plain and simple.Using supps with skill 3 is just a waste and you should always save those supps to build rams or other sieges.

@bluberblasen.9684 said:Thank You for this stupid nerf! And we are back to this kitten stupid pirate ship meta.And my warrior is trash again because no rewards for playing melee character.

stay at 10 targets, reduce damage and remove stomp!3 targets are bad a decision!

I think, we're loosing our time, none of our revendication and will for content( as a one big WvW community) is heard. This post may have been read by anet (moderator) but not by devs. They just want to go in the way they think the game is good instead of at least hearing the will of content of the WvW community.

Devs doesnt interact with us, doesnt discuss about hot topic. all we got is silence. Death silence. Death of WvW community for a new gamemode for hyper casual gamer.

@Skotlex.7580 said:

it does less damage to gates than you'd do if you were hitting it with your regular rotations? If so, you got a point.

In my experience most people don't even bother hitting the door/wall/whatever and just chill back while waiting for sieges to do the work. If three mounts can speed that up by, say, even just 10%, I would think players will use it.

Maybe it's changed at some point, or different servers do it differently, but I was always told not to attack doors/walls and let the siege do the job, because if you attack them directly it alerts the enemy to the fact that you're there and then they can come in and stop you.

Archived