Thank you ANET for Mar 26 balance patch!

OutOfOrder.3719

Thank you for this update on March 26 with meaningful balance changes that impact WvW and PvP gameplay. For the first time, I am beginning to think the balance team is dedicating more time to balancing these game modes,

The 33% barrier reduction on Bulwark gyro should reduce the bunkering sustain ability for all scrapper builds. Now Scrapper's have to take some healing power to benefit more from taking this skill.

Fixing the Necro bug that prevented boons from being corrupted upon detonation.

And multiple WvW Warclaw changes and more.

Now I know some players will say it's not enough, but honestly, this is exactly what we needed as a gaming community.

More frequent small updates with meaningful changes to appropriately balance the game.

Thank you !

There are tons of scrapper builds like demolisher or paladin's amulet that didn't require any healing power to be effective.

At least now a scrapper has to take mender's or a little healing power amulet to utilize bulwark gyro. It was overpowered, and the 33% barrier reduction was completely justified.

The only question is whether it will be enough to stop a full bunker meta this season.

But my point, is that if more frequent changes are coming to address balance issues, PvP and WvW will be better off.

Look at all the old PvP players that came back after Mirage was nerfed. It needed to happen, but took way to long to happen.

Scourge has been changed multiple times as well. At least ANET fixed the necro bug that prevented Boons from being corrupted on their new nerfed ability.

If it makes you feel better, call these hot fixes and not a balance patch. But small frequent changes, no matter what you want to call them, is what PvP and WvW desperately needs.

Keep up the good work ANET!

Seems bugged, double application or numbers and doesn't seems to scale properly with the healing power too. If you have to invest in healing power it should scale better, the healing power affect it too low. Perhaps the coefficient is wrong or is bad and should be higher.

@Curennos.9307 said:Wish Anet would get into the habit of adjusting skills by changing scaling instead of outright reducing (nuking, even) the output. Bulwark Gyro's scaling with HP was already pretty pitiful.

Exactly this. We were asking for scaling changes for warrior already, now scrapper... but we basically never get purposeful changes. Instead of improving choices for amulets they dumb up and down whole skills. Makes me sad.

It is at least something comes pretty near to a hotfix in its intention. Can't remember anything like this happend since years. If they would have done something like this to post hot bunker chrono we might would still have esl. I keep my hope up that it will get better. Its a little light on the horizon.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Yep for some reason the Barrier is still pulsing 10k barrier total, might be a bug.

We're aware of this issue and a fix is being tested and will be out in the next hotfix.

this is epichow can an adjustment in number generate such weird behavior?it is like there is 2 different skills and it is not parameter changing depending of the mode....

@Kicast.1459 said:

Yep for some reason the Barrier is still pulsing 10k barrier total, might be a bug.

We're aware of this issue and a fix is being tested and will be out in the next hotfix.

this is epichow can an adjustment in number generate such weird behavior?it is like there is 2 different skills and it is not parameter changing depending of the mode....

If I'm not mistaken, what's going on is it's applying both the PvE and PvP/WvW pulses of the barrier, so it's as if you're getting double pulses of barrier: one for the PvE amount, and one for the PvP/WvW amount. it's an odd, but kind of funny, bug.

Archived